inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: It's summer... time for some light housekeeping on in the 00s

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/18/07 at 10:39 am

You may or may not have noticed, but there's some reorganization in where boards are going. 

Last summer we started six or seven new boards as an experiment, and assigned new moderators for each.  For the most part, once the initial excitement wore off, the new boards began to get less and less used. 

So, we're going to keep the sports and food boards, and combine the old posts from the others into a generic catch-all type of messageboard.  We're also going to shuffle the order of a few of the other boards.

Why?  It's much better to have fewer boards with lots of activity, than to have a ton of boards with little activity.  This will help new visitors to the site find an area of interest instead of having to check out the 30+ different main boards that were here.  It's going to be closer to 20 now.

A big thanks to Tam and Red Ant for hashing out the details of the reorganization.  There's still some discussion going on, so nothing is final yet.

Subject: Re: It's summer... time for some light housekeeping on in the 00s

Written By: karen on 06/18/07 at 2:48 pm

I didn't know you lived near the sea!?

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/18/07 at 2:52 pm

I didn't know you lived near the sea!?

Maybe an hour and a half away depending on which direction I drive. Not really close, not sure why you bring it up here...

Written By: nally on 06/18/07 at 7:42 pm

Thanks for doing such a good job, Chuck. And to the mods!

By the way...I happen to notice that the original "Wanted/Selling" forum is now gone...or is it just hidden? ???

Written By: Tam on 06/18/07 at 8:22 pm

Here is what has been changed/moved so far:

Paranormal Pursuits and Places that are Going... gone have been merged together into a new board called "Off-Beat Oddities" in General Penguin Related Stuf. Quirk and MidKnightDarkness are still the moderators for this board! 8)

Wanted/Selling has been axed! (This is the only location where post counts would be affected by deletion)

Food Glorious Food has been moved to General Penguin Related Stuff

Decades has been renamed "Pop Culture"

Sports Zone has been moved to the "Pop Culture" Section

Nobel arts has been added to the More than a Decade board, and Hawk & Belle are still the moderators

Off the record - whistledog has moved all the threads to their respective decades and the board is deleted. With this move, whistledog has also taken over the position of moderator for the board The 1980's.

That's all I have for right now. There is still a bunch to be done so we will update as we go!
Thanks for your patience everyone!

Tam

Written By: whistledog on 06/18/07 at 8:47 pm

The new changes are looking good 8)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/18/07 at 10:39 pm

Yes, good job guys! :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/19/07 at 2:40 am

It looks to be the change for the better.

Written By: karen on 06/19/07 at 3:28 am

Maybe an hour and a half away depending on which direction I drive. Not really close, not sure why you bring it up here...

It was meant to be a joke!?  :-[

light housekeeping/ lighthouse keeping

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/19/07 at 7:07 am

It was meant to be a joke!?  :-[

light housekeeping/ lighthouse keeping

ahhh... went right over my head and out to sea I guess...

Written By: Tam on 06/19/07 at 11:10 am

Only change so far today:

Penguin Ratings has been moved and made into a sub-board of Playful Penguin Place.
That way posts aren't lost and members can still post their ratings!

;)

Written By: nally on 06/19/07 at 3:54 pm

Here is what has been changed/moved so far:

Paranormal Pursuits and Places that are Going... gone have been merged together into a new board called "Off-Beat Oddities" in General Penguin Related Stuf. Quirk and MidKnightDarkness are still the moderators for this board! 8)

Wanted/Selling has been axed! (This is the only location where post counts would be affected by deletion)

Food Glorious Food has been moved to General Penguin Related Stuff

Decades has been renamed "Pop Culture"

Sports Zone has been moved to the "Pop Culture" Section

Nobel arts has been added to the More than a Decade board, and Hawk & Belle are still the moderators

Off the record - whistledog has moved all the threads to their respective decades and the board is deleted. With this move, whistledog has also taken over the position of moderator for the board The 1980's.

That's all I have for right now. There is still a bunch to be done so we will update as we go!
Thanks for your patience everyone!

Tam

Only change so far today:

Penguin Ratings has been moved and made into a sub-board of Playful Penguin Place.
That way posts aren't lost and members can still post their ratings!

;)

Thanks again for everything!! :) 8) O0 I'd applaud you, but it hasn't been a full day since I last did so. So I guess I'll wait on that.

Check for new replies or respond here...