inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: spammer

Written By: Rice_Cube on 08/20/07 at 2:22 pm

SimpleSam, posting about some Xperma store thing.  Thought I'd post here since the report-to-mod thing takes forever to work.

Subject: Re: spammer

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/20/07 at 5:00 pm

SimpleSam, posting about some Xperma store thing.  Thought I'd post here since the report-to-mod thing takes forever to work.

report to mod thing is working fine again... actually quicker than a post will work

Written By: nally on 08/20/07 at 5:20 pm

Yes, I saw those threads too. There were four altogether, one in each of the forums of the 1980's, 1990's, 2000's, and More Than A Decade. I just looked and saw that three of them were still there.

Here are their URL's:
http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=28171.0

I think they should be removed.

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/20/07 at 5:48 pm

Yes, I saw those threads too. There were four altogether, one in each of the forums of the 1980's, 1990's, 2000's, and More Than A Decade. I just looked and saw that three of them were still there.

Here are their URL's:
http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=28171.0

I think they should be removed.

removed and user banned

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/10/07 at 3:10 pm

Guest  09:06:24 PM Viewing the topic spammer.

Just caught a guest viewing this thread.

Written By: nally on 11/20/07 at 2:08 pm

Looks like we have another spammer on the loose (this time it's a guest, in the 2000's section).

Here are the URL's for the spam threads:
http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=29626.0
http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=29627.0

Both these threads appear to be about some commercial organization, and they should be wiped.

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/20/07 at 2:13 pm

Looks like we have another spammer on the loose (this time it's a guest, in the 2000's section).

Here are the URL's for the spam threads:
http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=29626.0
http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=29627.0

Both these threads appear to be about some commercial organization, and they should be wiped.

former banned member if I'm not mistaken.  scrubbed a few other nonsense posts by them while I was at it

Written By: whistledog on 11/20/07 at 2:28 pm

Was is it that Mickey D guest talking about James Scott Farrin?

I never did find out who James Scott Farrin is, and why he is so dang important to Mickey D :\'(

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/30/08 at 3:59 pm

There's new spam about a decades forum.  It's been posted twice as a topic in the past two days.  I think it needs to be deleted.

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/30/08 at 4:17 pm

There's new spam about a decades forum.  It's been posted twice as a topic in the past two days.  I think it needs to be deleted.

report it... we'll delete it as we see it... I've already deleted it a couple times myself

Written By: nally on 07/05/08 at 10:19 pm

Seems like that person is just not quitting. It's a guest, posting as "Retro Decades dot net." He/she/it/sock is getting quite irritating. Maybe his IP needs to be blocked or something.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 07/05/08 at 10:22 pm

Seems like that person is just not quitting. It's a guest, posting as "Retro Decades dot net." He/she/it/sock is getting quite irritating. Maybe his IP needs to be blocked or something.
Time to give him a taste of his own medicine?  ::)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/05/08 at 11:52 pm

It's Darko. ::)

Written By: Step-chan on 07/06/08 at 1:48 pm

It's Darko. ::)

Why is he advertising on this board? (I seen it last night, very persistent he is) :D

Most people here don't have a real interest in that stuff.

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/06/08 at 7:25 pm

Why is he advertising on this board? (I seen it last night, very persistent he is) :D

he has an inflated sense of self worth

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/06/08 at 11:26 pm

because he is an annoying kid. Not only does he bug us here at inthe00s....he also sends me mesages on myspace asking me to add him as a buddy. It's like..."LEAVE ME ALONE!!" ::)

Written By: Jessica on 07/07/08 at 9:39 am

because he is an annoying kid. Not only does he bug us here at inthe00s....he also sends me mesages on myspace asking me to add him as a buddy. It's like..."LEAVE ME ALONE!!" ::)

Dang, you can't block him?

I perused his messageboard last night.  He has a topic up called, "Does inthe00s suck now?"  It would be amusing if it weren't so damned pathetic.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/07/08 at 9:43 am

I perused his messageboard last night.  He has a topic up called, "Does inthe00s suck now?"  It would be amusing if it weren't so damned pathetic.

so far, I've just totally ignored him and denied his requests. I'll have to see about blocking him.  Ya...his messageboard is really lame.

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/07/08 at 10:30 am

it's impossible to completely ban someone.  There are many ways around it if you are determined to be a pain.  Best to ignore the troll and let the mods delete the posts as they appear.

inthe00s sucks now if you're banned from it and they delete your posts as soon as you show up.

Written By: Step-chan on 07/07/08 at 4:31 pm

he has an inflated sense of self worth

I see.

He never bothered me, but that's due to me being oblivious to his threads in the past. I guess I'm lucky that way.

Written By: nally on 07/30/08 at 11:33 am

Another one has been spamming the Penguin News this morning. You don't have to look very far to find his repetitive threads. ::) I've already reported a couple of them to the mods.

Edit: I guess he's gone now. Yay!!! :D :D
Now can his account be culled?

Written By: Tia on 07/30/08 at 11:44 am

yeah, well, you'll all be sorry when you're continuing to not make 4000 dollars a week or more from home!  >:(

Written By: Marian on 08/09/08 at 12:56 pm

yeah, well, you'll all be sorry when you're continuing to not make 4000 dollars a week or more from home!  >:(
but don't you have to complete 1 gold offer,2 silver offers,ans 3 bronze offers first??LOL :D ;) ;D

Written By: nally on 08/17/09 at 4:21 pm

Another one named "JamesXU" has infiltrated the Penguin News section with "enhancements". I wish people wouldn't do that sort of thing. 8-P

Written By: Red Ant on 08/17/09 at 4:41 pm

Another one named "JamesXU" has infiltrated the Penguin News section with "enhancements". I wish people wouldn't do that sort of thing. 8-P

He's already banned and deleted.

Ant

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/17/09 at 4:42 pm

He's already banned and deleted.

Ant
...and hung drawn and quartered?

Written By: Red Ant on 08/17/09 at 4:44 pm

One can hope!  ;)

Ant

Written By: Step-chan on 08/21/09 at 5:32 pm

Good one. ;)

Written By: nally on 01/11/10 at 1:33 pm

Another one has been spotted in here.

Written By: Bobo on 01/11/10 at 1:35 pm

Just gotten rid of the spammer's post, cheers for the note, Jeff.

Written By: nally on 02/09/10 at 12:12 am

Gotta bump this thread again; there is a guest spammer invading all the boards in which guest-posting is available. I have already reported four such threads.

Should his IP be blocked too before he invades all the boards?

Written By: Frank on 02/09/10 at 12:15 am

Gotta bump this thread again; there is a guest spammer invading all the boards in which guest-posting is available. I have already reported four such threads.

Should his IP be blocked too before he invades all the boards?

I just reported one of the posts as well from the guest shieperix

Written By: Jessica on 02/09/10 at 12:20 am

That chick's boobs are fake.  So are her eyelashes.

Written By: Tam on 02/09/10 at 12:25 am

I got him!
I believe I have deleted all of the threads. I banned the IP as well as the email.
Let me know if anymore crop up, although I am pretty sure he cannot get back in at all! 8)

Written By: nally on 03/17/10 at 1:55 pm

You don't have to look very far to find another one.

Written By: karen on 03/17/10 at 2:07 pm

did you report it?

Written By: nally on 03/17/10 at 2:21 pm

did you report it?

yes. 'Tis gone now

Written By: Dagwood on 03/17/10 at 6:11 pm

Was it the inbox spammer telling you that you had a virus?  I just deleted that one.  So not clicking on his link.  I love how the "admin" of this site changed names and has no posts. ::)

(reported it, too)

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/17/10 at 6:24 pm

Was it the inbox spammer telling you that you had a virus?  I just deleted that one.  So not clicking on his link.  I love how the "admin" of this site changed names and has no posts. ::)

(reported it, too)

when we made the changes to the site to prevent spammers from posting right away, it undid the protection we had on PM limits.  So I put those limits back.  Kind of hate the PM spammers the most, because there's no easy way for me to remove them all, so we'll see people reporting those for ages.

Written By: Tam on 03/17/10 at 6:33 pm

when we made the changes to the site to prevent spammers from posting right away, it undid the protection we had on PM limits.   So I put those limits back.  Kind of hate the PM spammers the most, because there's no easy way for me to remove them all, so we'll see people reporting those for ages.

Sorry Chucky!

And sorry as well because you are the only one who gets the inbox reports. ;)

Written By: Dagwood on 03/17/10 at 7:45 pm

when we made the changes to the site to prevent spammers from posting right away, it undid the protection we had on PM limits.  So I put those limits back.  Kind of hate the PM spammers the most, because there's no easy way for me to remove them all, so we'll see people reporting those for ages.

Good..I was really worried that you would kick me off the site and tell my ISP on me that I had a virus....oh noes. ;D ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...