inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: My sig block images shrink whenever I embed them

Written By: lpg_unit on 09/28/07 at 8:49 pm

How come, Monsieur Chucky? I've seen members with big signature blocks and whenever I try to post one, the images shrink or distort... Can you fix this?

Subject: Re: My sig block images shrink whenever I embed them

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/28/07 at 9:12 pm

How come, Monsieur Chucky? I've seen members with big signature blocks and whenever I try to post one, the images shrink or distort... Can you fix this?

I have no idea why it's doing that... maybe someone else has some ideas.  If not, I'll see what I can do.

Written By: lpg_unit on 09/29/07 at 1:51 am

I have no idea why it's doing that... maybe someone else has some ideas.  If not, I'll see what I can do.

You might have installed the Signature Settings mod; I also have SMF on my site - I tried posting several signature graphics on a few SMF forums and it worked for me...

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/29/07 at 11:21 am

You might have installed the Signature Settings mod; I also have SMF on my site - I tried posting several signature graphics on a few SMF forums and it worked for me...

nope, don't have that one installed.  the only changes I made for the signature, were in the template, and shouldn't cover resizing.

Written By: Tam on 09/29/07 at 11:31 am

I have the same problem and researched for hours trying to figure it out. Even when I would go into the img settings and change the height and width, it would still resize them to very small images. I still have no idea why it is doing it. The one image I tried using I had used before without any problems.... bizarre

I will keep trying though - there has to be a way around it or a way to fix it ;)

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/29/07 at 12:40 pm

it's really weird too... because it's not resizing them by much.. only 2 or 3 pixels in height.

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/29/07 at 12:52 pm

it's really weird too... because it's not resizing them by much.. only 2 or 3 pixels in height.

apparently, it's putting custom height and width attributes in the image tag, that are just a wee bit smaller. I could have sworn there was some sort of option for that, but no idea where it is.

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/29/07 at 12:54 pm

apparently, it's putting custom height and width attributes in the image tag, that are just a wee bit smaller. I could have sworn there was some sort of option for that, but no idea where it is.

ah-ha... max width of an image is set to 300 pixels.  No idea why, but at least it's something to search the settings for.

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/29/07 at 12:55 pm

ah-ha... max width of an image is set to 300 pixels.  No idea why, but at least it's something to search the settings for.

I think it was the "Max width of posted pictures" setting, but it doesn't appear to have changed anything.

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/29/07 at 1:02 pm

I think it was the "Max width of posted pictures" setting, but it doesn't appear to have changed anything.

nope it was.  However when you add your signature for the first time, it adds a height and width into the image tag if it exceeds the max width and height.  It tries to make it proportional. So I've uncreased the max width to 800, and the max height to 400.

I'd of course prefer if people didn't post tons of images in their signatures, since it does make the board a bit slower for people on dial up.  Then again, people on dialup can always disable viewing avatars and signatures.

Plus, I think there is still a max height on signatures (regardless of the max linked image height parameter) of 160 pixels.

Written By: Tam on 09/29/07 at 10:14 pm

Great job Chucky and thank you very very much! 8)

Written By: lpg_unit on 09/30/07 at 1:56 am

nope it was.  However when you add your signature for the first time, it adds a height and width into the image tag if it exceeds the max width and height.  It tries to make it proportional. So I've uncreased the max width to 800, and the max height to 400.

I'd of course prefer if people didn't post tons of images in their signatures, since it does make the board a bit slower for people on dial up.  Then again, people on dialup can always disable viewing avatars and signatures.

Plus, I think there is still a max height on signatures (regardless of the max linked image height parameter) of 160 pixels.

Gee, thanks...

Written By: snozberries on 09/30/07 at 3:34 pm

what?!? there are people who still dial up? Getouttahere!  :o

Written By: Tia on 09/30/07 at 3:56 pm

what?!? there are people who still dial up? Getouttahere!  :o
people who still do dialup should be sent to a deserted island to get beaten up on by pro wrestlers from texas, imho.

Written By: Dominic L. on 09/30/07 at 7:34 pm

people who still do dialup should be sent to a deserted island to get beaten up on by pro wrestlers from texas, imho.

Don'tchaknow pro wrestlers are bigger in Germany?

Check for new replies or respond here...