inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Archive design changed

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/22/08 at 12:53 pm

The archives should be a little prettier now, I redesigned to fit in with the rest of the site design.

You'll notice a nifty navigation bar like the one on the front page of the site is now carried through on all the archive pages.  Except in the archive section it lets you go from archived board to archived board.

Next step will be to split really long topics.  Especially noticeable in the new Writings on the Walrus board, since some of those threads are ludicrous sized.  I hung my browser on one of them.

inthe80s.com

Subject: Re: Test Message From February

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/31/08 at 11:40 am

The archives should be a little prettier now, I redesigned to fit in with the rest of the site design.

You'll notice a nifty navigation bar like the one on the front page of the site is now carried through on all the archive pages.  Except in the archive section it lets you go from archived board to archived board.

Next step will be to split really long topics.  Especially noticeable in the new Writings on the Walrus board, since some of those threads are ludicrous sized.  I hung my browser on one of them.
Prettier? It is the same colour!

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/31/08 at 11:43 am

Prettier? It is the same colour!

picky picky... eventually when the 2.0 version of SMF comes out, it will be prettier.  I'm dumping the grey color scheme.

the old version of the archives were just black and white... at least now there's some blue in there.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/31/08 at 12:08 pm

picky picky... eventually when the 2.0 version of SMF comes out, it will be prettier.  I'm dumping the grey color scheme.

the old version of the archives were just black and white... at least now there's some blue in there.
Yes, the blue does enhance the tone of the pages.

Written By: nally on 03/31/08 at 2:33 pm

Interesting, because I've gotten accustomed to the grey motif for the past four years! :o Whatever the new color motif happens to be, I'll be happy with it, I'm sure. :)

Yes, I remember the black & white...how boring. I'm glad you fixed that up...in addition, splitting up the really big long threads was helpful too. O0

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/31/08 at 2:38 pm

Interesting, because I've gotten accustomed to the grey motif for the past four years! :o Whatever the new color motif happens to be, I'll be happy with it, I'm sure. :)

Yes, I remember the black & white...how boring. I'm glad you fixed that up...in addition, splitting up the really big long threads was helpful too. O0

did I split them up?  It's still on my to do list without a check mark... I thought I didn't do it yet.

Written By: nally on 03/31/08 at 2:43 pm

did I split them up?  It's still on my to do list without a check mark... I thought I didn't do it yet.

Yeah...after about 300 replies they continue onto another page.

Here's an example: http://www.inthe00s.com/archive/walrus-writing/smf/1151374249.shtml
At the bottom it says NEXT PAGE...http://www.inthe00s.com/archive/walrus-writing/smf/1151374249_1.shtml

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/31/08 at 2:49 pm

Yeah...after about 300 replies they continue onto another page.

Here's an example: http://www.inthe00s.com/archive/walrus-writing/smf/1151374249.shtml
At the bottom it says NEXT PAGE...http://www.inthe00s.com/archive/walrus-writing/smf/1151374249_1.shtml

cool... I must be coding in my sleep now or something.  I knew I wanted to do it, but totally forgot that I did it already.

Check for new replies or respond here...