inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Sneak peak of inthe80s front page

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/31/08 at 2:28 pm

here is the front page redesign
http://www.inthe80s.com/index2.shtml

and here is what the archive will look like:

http://www.inthe80s.com/blog/

Subject: Re: Sneak peak of inthe80s front page

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/31/08 at 2:33 pm

Looks impressive.

Written By: nally on 03/31/08 at 2:37 pm

Looks impressive.

I agree. O0

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/31/08 at 2:40 pm

it's not though... it's not even a lot of code to create it.  It did take a few hours to figure out what I wanted, and what to make it look like.

it's kind of a lazy man's blog.  SMF is doing all the heavy lifting of providing a comment system, and providing a means for people to submit articles.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/31/08 at 2:41 pm

it's not though... it's not even a lot of code to create it.  It did take a few hours to figure out what I wanted, and what to make it look like.

it's kind of a lazy man's blog.  SMF is doing all the heavy lifting of providing a comment system, and providing a means for people to submit articles.
An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry, you can't repeat a karma action without waiting 24 hours. 

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/31/08 at 2:50 pm

An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry, you can't repeat a karma action without waiting 24 hours. 

really? why did you give me karma earlier?

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/31/08 at 2:51 pm

really? why did you give me karma earlier?
You are doing a grand job

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/31/08 at 2:57 pm

You are doing a grand job

not really... I don't spend enough time working on the server itself... the performance issues this weekend should have been fixed sooner, plus all the hacker problems last year should have never even occurred.

Written By: snozberries on 03/31/08 at 6:52 pm

all I want to know is why are there people who's names I don't know featured on the front page?  I want to write an 80s blurb...

just kidding...thanks for all your hard work Chucky... I know I don't want to do it! so karma from me too.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 03/31/08 at 6:55 pm

ok. How oblivious am I?  Until last night, I didn't even realize that there were seperate sites/pages for inthe80s/90s/  whatever... I only go to inthe00s.com and spend my eternal life there.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 03/31/08 at 7:01 pm

ok. How oblivious am I?  Until last night, I didn't even realize that there were seperate sites/pages for inthe80s/90s/  whatever... I only go to inthe00s.com and spend my eternal life there.  ;D

that's okay...I suffer from the same affliction.....

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/31/08 at 7:02 pm

not your fault.  I should do more to cross promote the sites.  A lot of people aren't even aware that amIright is a spin off from inthe80s.com that visit that site, etc.  Guess it shows the sites are pretty strong to stand on their own like that.

Written By: Foo Bar on 03/31/08 at 11:15 pm

not your fault.  I should do more to cross promote the sites.  A lot of people aren't even aware that amIright is a spin off from inthe80s.com that visit that site, etc.  Guess it shows the sites are pretty strong to stand on their own like that.

Heh.  How many years ago did I sign up?  And I still don't think I've signed up to the other sites.  My bad. 

Came here because Google had this as the first message board where people were actively figuring out lyrics.  Posted as a guest for the better part of a year before finally succumbing to the inevitable.  It's a small, but good, group of people here.

Cross-promotion suggestion:  A FAQ or sticky on some of the boards (e.g. decades boards, lyrics, etc) directing them to the sister board that most closely resembles the board topic, and vice versa.

Cross-promotion ideal world:  One cookie, one login, works on more than one site.  Don't know if that's feasible or not, given the history of how you've worked on things.

P.S.  Love what you've done for April Fool's, ChuckyG.  Would have been happy to see that you just piped everyone through a l33t filter, but (as usual), you've gone above and beyond.

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/01/08 at 6:08 am

P.S.  Love what you've done for April Fool's, ChuckyG.  Would have been happy to see that you just piped everyone through a l33t filter, but (as usual), you've gone above and beyond.

mostly Red Ant and Tam... I did very little

the other sites don't require log ins, otherwise I would try and make sure they did pass between them.  Although with them on seperate domains, I don't think it's possible, you can't request a cookie that was set by a another domain.

Written By: snozberries on 04/01/08 at 6:10 am

mostly Red Ant and Tam... I did very little

the other sites don't require log ins, otherwise I would try and make sure they did pass between them.  Although with them on seperate domains, I don't think it's possible, you can't request a cookie that was set by a another domain.

hmmm....can I have a cookie?

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/01/08 at 3:11 pm

http://www.frontpageroar.com

the archive for Front Page Roar is all 100% complete now.  A very basic design, but easy on the eyes I think.

Check for new replies or respond here...