inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Who's April Fooling?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/31/08 at 8:40 pm

Why am I MaxwellHouse?
:D

Subject: Re: Who's April Fooling?

Written By: Green Lantern on 03/31/08 at 8:43 pm

A bit late in the day 'Maxwell House' ... I've already started the thread in PPP !  :P  :D

Written By: Foo Bar on 03/31/08 at 11:32 pm

Why am I MaxwellHouse? :D

Because it's the holiest day on the Geek Calendar somewhere, even if it hasn't hit your time zone yet!

Seriously, when I saw my name, I figured they'd just passed the name database through an ASCII-to-1337 filter.  That would have been cool and funny.  The more names I read, the more I realize this took real human intervention (or at least delightfully-non-malicious forethought!), which places it above and beyond the expected lulz and puts it in the category of pure fracking win. 

As a guy who's seen almost everything done that could be done with computers, I'm growing a little Neo-Vicky in my old age, at least in the sense espoused by Neal Stephenson's The Diamond Age.  Which is to say that in an age when computers can do anything, what impresses is when someone pulls off a stunt that can't be done by computer.  On the Geek Calendar's Holiest Day, it's the human effort that counts.

Written By: robby76 on 04/01/08 at 12:20 am

I don't know who's April F-f-f-f-foolin' but I love being numeralised and flipped around!

Written By: wildcard on 04/01/08 at 12:55 am

the thing I find interesting is that I was making an avatar and the silly animation I chose was hopping around with a stick horse. 

Written By: KKay on 04/01/08 at 9:04 am

love it.
you can call me this name all day.

and you will.    8)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/01/08 at 11:08 am

love it.
you can call me this name all day.

and you will.    8)
to hear, is to obey  8)

Written By: sugar168 on 04/01/08 at 10:59 pm

why is my name changed??

Written By: Green Lantern on 04/01/08 at 11:08 pm

why is my name changed??

Possibly a 'hangover' from yesterday. Thought they'd changed everyone back. The regular members here all had a name change for April Fools. I became Twisted Sister.

Contact a mod to get your name changed to whatever you like .

Written By: Red Ant on 04/01/08 at 11:50 pm

why is my name changed??

I knew I forgot a few people. You must have logged in last night while I was changing names and I changed you as well. I'll change it back now.

Ant

Written By: sugar168 on 04/02/08 at 11:12 am

I knew I forgot a few people. You must have logged in last night while I was changing names and I changed you as well. I'll change it back now.

Ant

Yea-i saw the other post, but my name wasn't on the list to i got really confused!! Thanks!!!

Check for new replies or respond here...