inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Help with changing Position?

Written By: C. Luless on 01/03/09 at 3:11 pm

How did I get the position "Wheezy" on my profile page since I'm new and didn't put it there, and what exactly IS a profile?  I look nothing like Weezy on the Jeffersons, and am currently not wheezing - therefore I'm confused once again on how to change and what the heck it is.

Can someone please help the newbie yet again?  Sorry to bother all of you veterans, but I want to make sure I don't make a fool of myself here right from the get-go.

Thanks in advance!

C. Lueless (Trena)

Subject: Re: Help with changing Position?

Written By: snozberries on 01/03/09 at 3:15 pm

How did I get the position "Wheezy" on my profile page since I'm new and didn't put it there, and what exactly IS a profile?  I look nothing like Weezy on the Jeffersons, and am currently not wheezing - therefore I'm confused once again on how to change and what the heck it is.

Can someone please help the newbie yet again?  Sorry to bother all of you veterans, but I want to make sure I don't make a fool of myself here right from the get-go.

Thanks in advance!

C. Lueless (Trena)

Welcome Trena... the more you post the sooner your profile will change

see I've been around for a while and I am now a Feathers McGraw... and haven't been wheezy for a while

Written By: Henk on 01/03/09 at 4:44 pm

Thanks in advance!

C. Lueless (Trena)

Welcome Trena... the more you post the sooner your profile will change

Yeah, basically it's like snozberries says...

The only way you can change your position is by posting more. When you first register, you will automatically become a Wheezy. This will change once you've reached 100 posts, and then again with 500 posts, next it's 1000 and so on. Even though I've been around for several years I can't tell you exactly what positions there are... :-
What I can tell you about the positions though, is that they're all named after (famous) penguins.

Profile is just some generic stuff on your person and posting behavior (like statistics), and looks and layout preferences. You can change the settings to your liking (add a signature line, or an avatar for iinstance). Any changes you choose to make can easily be undone.
One thing you should know: if you have ticked the box next to "Hide email address from public?", you will still be able to see it in your profile. This is nothing to worry about: you are the only person that can see it. For everyone else it shows as "hidden".

I hope this was helpful.

Oh, nearly forgot: welcome to the boards, Trena. :)

Written By: Tam on 01/03/09 at 4:49 pm

And to help snoz and Henk - here is where you can find the list and number of posts required to change:

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=28964.msg1403708#msg1403708

Welcome Trena! 8)

Written By: Henk on 01/04/09 at 1:25 am

And to help snoz and Henk - here is where you can find the list and number of posts required to change:

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=28964.msg1403708#msg1403708

Welcome Trena! 8)

Ah, I see... There are even more positions than I could remember. Well, it's been a while since I was a McVitie, Pingu or Pengo. ;)

Written By: C. Luless on 01/04/09 at 9:40 am

Thank you both so very much!  I admit I'm a little intimidated after reading some of the posts regarding guests dumb comments and mis-posted stuff on the wrong boards, etc...  Maybe ya'll don't bite?  Too hard??  ;)

TTFN!
C. Lueless

Written By: snozberries on 01/04/09 at 10:16 am

Thank you both so very much!  I admit I'm a little intimidated after reading some of the posts regarding guests dumb comments and mis-posted stuff on the wrong boards, etc...  Maybe ya'll don't bite?  Too hard??   ;)

TTFN!
C. Lueless

nah we're usually a chill bunch - just stay away from decadology and you'll be fine  ;)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/04/09 at 10:18 am

Just so you know, Wheezy is a penguin from Toy Story 2  (You see, we're all penguins here) http://us.imdb.com/character/ch0002485/

http://www.the-contact-network.com/otheregg/april01/Wheezy.jpg

Oh, and Welcome to our crazy bunch  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...