inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Are we ever going to get our old search function back?

Written By: ADH13 on 01/17/09 at 6:34 pm

The google search doesn't work well at all.  If you try to search for keywords in a thread you are searching for, you get hundreds of results.  If you try to search an exact phrase, you get none.

If we can't get the search function back, is there any way we can search for threads started by a specific person?  Maybe the same way we can search their most recent posts, add "most recent topics started"?

Subject: Re: Are we ever going to get our old search function back?

Written By: karen on 01/17/09 at 6:44 pm

If you know who started a particular thread and which section it was started in you can arrange that board by "started by" order and then find it that way.  That's how I find a number of the obscure threads people mention.

The search function just slowed the boards down so much because of how large the archive is.

Written By: ADH13 on 01/17/09 at 9:27 pm

Thanks!

Believe it or not, I never noticed you could arrange the threads... and I've been here HOW long? :-[ ;D

Written By: karen on 01/17/09 at 9:31 pm

Thanks!

Believe it or not, I never noticed you could arrange the threads... and I've been here HOW long? :-[ ;D

I wonder what other features you've yet to find!

Written By: ADH13 on 01/18/09 at 12:12 am

I wonder what other features you've yet to find!

I just tried arranging and it is pretty cool... only problem I had, was I couldn't "jump to page" or it would revert back to sorting by most recent post.  So I had to go page by page and man Donnie Darko had alot of pages!!

But it sure beats the google search!

There are probably plenty of features I haven't noticed - much like my cell phone, there are all kinds of weird applications on it that I've never touched.  As long as I know how to call people and check my voice-mail, I'm all set! :)

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/18/09 at 1:26 am

So I had to go page by page and man Donnie Darko had alot of pages!!

which is one of the main reasons he's persona non gratis around these parts

Written By: karen on 01/18/09 at 6:46 pm

I just tried arranging and it is pretty cool... only problem I had, was I couldn't "jump to page" or it would revert back to sorting by most recent post.  So I had to go page by page and man Donnie Darko had alot of pages!!

If you jump to XX page you can then click on 'started by' again and it reorders them for you but that many pages in the list (if you see what I mean)

Written By: Dude111 on 01/20/09 at 6:57 pm

Why is search disabled on reg groups??

Its next to impossible to see if u have posted something or not!!

Check for new replies or respond here...