inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Sorry about the outage this afternoon...nobody told me there'd be days like this

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/06/09 at 7:12 pm

Been trying to troubleshoot an issue or two with the board, and the support team told me to clean out all the logs, run the error checks, and optimize the database tables.  All but one of those are designed to do a little at a time so as to not overwhelm the server.  I ended up running the optimize tables and it didn't have that safeguard in there, and totally ran flat out with no concerns about anything else.  So.... yeah, that was me.

On the plus side, I think the messageboard is running faster now.

Subject: Re: Sorry about the outage this afternoon...nobody told me there'd be days like this

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/07/09 at 1:51 am

Tell me why I don't like Mondays?

Subject: Re: Sorry about the outage this afternoon...nobody told me there'd be days like this

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/07/09 at 2:16 am

it's ok. stuff happens. I was at work and noticed it the few times i tried to get on

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/07/09 at 2:18 am

It was 10 o'clock here last night and it became all slow, I gave up and went to bed.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/07/09 at 2:19 am

It was 10 o'clock here last night and it became all slow, I gave up and went to bed.
your post happy fingers got a bit of a rest

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/07/09 at 9:05 am

site definitely looks to be performing better, even if it didn' fix the issue I was shooting for.

Subject: Re: Sorry about the outage this afternoon...nobody told me there'd be days like

Written By: Tam on 04/07/09 at 9:10 am

Yeppers - I noticed those were still happening! ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...