inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Going to shut down the site for a couple hours tonight - April 26, 10PM ESDT

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/26/09 at 6:50 pm

Not sure how long it will take, but I need to make a backup of the database and try running some commands against the database in order to hopefully clean out some issues.

Subject: Re: Going to shut down the site for a couple hours tonight - April 26, 10PM ESDT

Written By: Tam on 04/26/09 at 9:17 pm

Goos stuff Chucky.
I am heading out for the night now so I wish you luck with figuring things out and backing things up! 8)

Subject: Re: Going to shut down the site for a couple hours tonight - April 26, 10PM ESDT

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/26/09 at 9:53 pm

Goos stuff Chucky.
I am heading out for the night now so I wish you luck with figuring things out and backing things up! 8)

thanks... heck, I almost forgot to do it too... oh well, here goes everything

Written By: Red Ant on 04/26/09 at 9:57 pm

thanks... heck, I almost forgot to do it too... oh well, here goes everything

*poke head through cockpit door*

"Just wanted to let you know we're all counting on you"

*leaves*

Ant

Written By: Tam on 04/26/09 at 10:12 pm

^ Awesome movie! 8)

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/26/09 at 10:14 pm

^ Awesome movie! 8)

agreed...

all done, that was QUICK!

anyways... let me know ASAP if anything looks out of the ordinary.  Going to empty the log files, and wait for the next PM check by you know who...

Written By: Tam on 04/26/09 at 10:15 pm

agreed...

all done, that was QUICK!

anyways... let me know ASAP if anything looks out of the ordinary.  Going to empty the log files, and wait for the next PM check by you know who...

Excellent 8)

I will keep you advised if I notice anything... ;)

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/26/09 at 10:16 pm

Excellent 8)

I will keep you advised if I notice anything... ;)

the sooner the better, if only because the backup will only get older and further out of date, and if I need to use it to restore the board, messages posted since the backup was run, will end up getting erased.  That's a worst case scenario of course.

Written By: Tam on 04/26/09 at 10:29 pm

the sooner the better, if only because the backup will only get older and further out of date, and if I need to use it to restore the board, messages posted since the backup was run, will end up getting erased.  That's a worst case scenario of course.

Gotcha! ;)

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/26/09 at 11:06 pm

signs are good so far... the error messages have disappeared.

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/26/09 at 11:24 pm

apparently the forum maintenance stuff I ran afterwards cleans out the karma log... but it'll start filling back up now.

Check for new replies or respond here...