inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Medals aren't showing up. I will be fixing it shortly

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/24/09 at 7:30 am

Looks like a recent software updated caused the medals to stop showing up.  I have an idea as to why, I just need to do a little work to make them re-appear.

Subject: Re: Medals aren't showing up. I will be fixing it shortly

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/24/09 at 10:57 am

Looks like a recent software updated caused the medals to stop showing up.  I have an idea as to why, I just need to do a little work to make them re-appear.

should be fixed now

Written By: whistledog on 12/29/09 at 10:23 pm

I still see red X's

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/5065/redxp.png

:D

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/29/09 at 11:21 pm

I still see red X's

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/5065/redxp.png

:D

funny...

If you really are still seeing red X's where the medals should be, your browser probably has the old broken links still cached. try typing in http://www.inthe00s.com/quiz.jpg to the address bar and hitting refreshing until it shows up..

Written By: whistledog on 12/30/09 at 2:04 pm

I still see the Red X's where the medals should be.  I cleared my cookies, cache, temp files, etc.  That medal in the link works OK, but that's it.  IE, Google Chrome won't show the medals, Firefox doesn't even show anything (no red x or picture of a broken image like what Chrome does)

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/30/09 at 5:49 pm

I still see the Red X's where the medals should be.  I cleared my cookies, cache, temp files, etc.  That medal in the link works OK, but that's it.  IE, Google Chrome won't show the medals, Firefox doesn't even show anything (no red x or picture of a broken image like what Chrome does)

I didn't test it in the Mahogany theme.. I'll fix it shortly

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/30/09 at 5:53 pm

I didn't test it in the Mahogany theme.. I'll fix it shortly

wow this is an ugly theme... should be fixed now in all the themes... hopefully we'll have some better themes next month if I get some time to upgrade the site to new software. 

Written By: whistledog on 12/30/09 at 8:57 pm

wow this is an ugly theme... should be fixed now in all the themes... hopefully we'll have some better themes next month if I get some time to upgrade the site to new software. 

It is quite ugly yes.  It does beat the generic grey, but not by much LOL

Written By: karen on 01/07/10 at 9:47 pm

One of the medals has started appearing as a red x again.  Not sure which medal.  It's the right hand one on wildcards posts.  And I spotted it elsewhere today

eta: Tam also has a red x.  possibly the same one.  The thanksgiving turkey maybe?

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/07/10 at 11:28 pm

One of the medals has started appearing as a red x again.  Not sure which medal.  It's the right hand one on wildcards posts.  And I spotted it elsewhere today

eta: Tam also has a red x.  possibly the same one.  The thanksgiving turkey maybe?

Tam's was a misformed image url... I fixed it.  as was wildcard's... both Halloween ones, which is odd that I did that more than once.

Check for new replies or respond here...