inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: New software is installed... might need to revert back to the old backup still

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/31/11 at 11:54 am

but not positive.  The Arcade is apparently a bit of a problem with upgrades, and you're supposed to uninstall it before upgrading to the new version (makes sense I guess?)

otherwise, it looks like it runs ok.  I have to still work on moving modifications and stuff like that.  Karmalog, the archive, highlighted topics, medals, etc.

Subject: Re: New software is installed... might need to revert back to the old backup still

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/31/11 at 12:13 pm

Thanks, Chucky and karma for all your hard work.

Cat

Subject: Re: New software is installed... might need to revert back to the old backup still

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/31/11 at 12:19 pm

Thanks, Chucky and karma for all your hard work.

not done yet sadly >grin<

There's a choice of two themes at the moment.  Trying to still purge the old ones from the system as well.

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/31/11 at 12:41 pm

A quick perusal of the Themes available on the theme website leads me to conclude that the availble themes are all fairly ugly.  If I had more time I'd work on one of my own.

Written By: snozberries on 12/31/11 at 1:05 pm

I know you've still got a ways to go...seems okay so far.... only thing I miss is the quick access to new topics on the front page....but I'm still exploring so maybe I just haven't found it yet  :P

Written By: snozberries on 12/31/11 at 1:09 pm

I do like the distance of the Home page from the logout option....  on my phone (and it looks good on my phone by the way)  the front page link was just above the logout link so I alway logged out trying to view the front page.

Written By: Howard on 12/31/11 at 1:14 pm

I'm really liking the new look, for some strange reason it kinda looks bigger than before or maybe it's just me.

But anyway,looks nice and for all the hard work you've done you deserve karma. :)

Written By: Howard on 12/31/11 at 1:16 pm

A quick perusal of the Themes available on the theme website leads me to conclude that the availble themes are all fairly ugly.  If I had more time I'd work on one of my own.

and Chucky could you fix the star icons mine are missing and probably a few of the other members on here as well are too.

Subject: Re: New software is installed... might need to revert to the old backup still

Written By: nally on 12/31/11 at 1:45 pm

I know you've still got a ways to go...seems okay so far.... only thing I miss is the quick access to new topics on the front page....but I'm still exploring so maybe I just haven't found it yet  :P

I notice that too... there's also a few other items that were there before that aren't around now...unless they, too, are hidden.

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/31/11 at 1:54 pm

that was a custom thing I made.  I'll be working on custom stuff tomorrow.  Today is just getting packages installed and setting things that are built into the software.

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/31/11 at 1:56 pm

and Chucky could you fix the star icons mine are missing and probably a few of the other members on here as well are too.

The star icons seem to be replaced by some boring boxes, and you and a few other top posters are missing because you had custom colors that aren't duplicated in the new schemes. 

We're going to need to make a list of items I need to work on, to try and get things back to the way they were, and a list of things that have changed permanently.

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/31/11 at 2:03 pm

I was going nuts looking for a "karma stats" link on the top menu, but apparently the karma stats mod doesn't put it there now (if it ever did?).  You can now see karma stats by clicking karma under a person's avatar.

I think the leader board type thing is something I had to code, that showed the entire site's worth of activity.  not sure if we still *need* that or not.

Lots to learn with this software so far.  I played with it a bit on the other board, but it was never a final release version, so still got lots to learn.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/31/11 at 2:32 pm

I appreciate you putting in the time and effort for inthe00s Chucky.

Written By: snozberries on 12/31/11 at 2:57 pm

I tried to give BFF karma and got this

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa235/snozberries44/inthe00s/stuff.jpg

not sure if I wanna have to input the details everytime I try to karma someone....  :-\\

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/31/11 at 3:00 pm

not sure if I wanna have to input the details everytime I try to karma someone....  :-\\

yes... if people find it way too annoying I guess we'll turn it off, but to be honest, it's something I've wanted for it since I first enabled it years ago.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/31/11 at 3:01 pm

it's the thought that counts  ::) 

I noticed inserting a quote was not functioning for me, a seperate box opened and said retrieving quote

Written By: snozberries on 12/31/11 at 3:03 pm

yes... if people find it way too annoying I guess we'll turn it off, but to be honest, it's something I've wanted for it since I first enabled it years ago.

I can't speak for everyone but I know it will limit the amount of karma I give because of the extra steps. 

Plain and simple I give karma for funny or interesting posts, because someone compliments me or because I like them and it makes me happy seeing them online... 

gonna go try out the fudge now....ready howard?  :D

Written By: Claybricks on 12/31/11 at 4:08 pm

Chuck,

It appears that the new software removed 9,000 karma points from my account. I'm down to only 272. Hopefully, you can restore my Karma account!

Thanks!

Dan

Written By: snozberries on 12/31/11 at 4:09 pm

Chuck,

It appears that the new software removed 9,000 karma points from my account. I'm down to only 272. Hopefully, you can restore my Karma account!

Thanks!

Dan

;D  Nice try... wish I'd thought of it!  lol

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/31/11 at 4:31 pm

I like the updated look !  :)  8)

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/31/11 at 4:44 pm

Do we still have the link with Big Boards?

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/31/11 at 4:47 pm

Do we still have the link with Big Boards?

no but I can add that back really easily.  I'll do that in a few minutes.

Written By: Brian06 on 12/31/11 at 4:49 pm

It looks great!

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/31/11 at 4:55 pm

no but I can add that back really easily.  I'll do that in a few minutes.

it's of course not loading again... but I altered it a little so it won't look as bad when it doesn't load up.

Written By: Dagwood on 12/31/11 at 5:02 pm

I like it.  The Karma thing is different but I could get used to it.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/31/11 at 5:04 pm

it's of course not loading again... but I altered it a little so it won't look as bad when it doesn't load up.
I tried karma just now to ChuckyC, did it work properly and was it received well?

Written By: snozberries on 12/31/11 at 5:07 pm

I like it.  The Karma thing is different but I could get used to it.

I've resorted to typing the letter Q... i figure the reason I'm giving karma is cuz I'm Q so it works out in the end right? lol

Subject:

Written By: Dude111 on 12/31/11 at 5:26 pm

This is awesome Chucky!!!

I have seen this skin before on other SMF sites and its excellent http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/newyears/smiley.gif

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR KEEPING THINGS NICE HERE!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR BUDDY http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/newyears/smiley.gif

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/31/11 at 5:27 pm

I've resorted to typing the letter Q... i figure the reason I'm giving karma is cuz I'm Q so it works out in the end right? lol

I think it's useful if someone does something especially karma worthy. for the everyday thumbs up it might be overkill.

Written By: snozberries on 12/31/11 at 5:47 pm

I think it's useful if someone does something especially karma worthy. for the everyday thumbs up it might be overkill.

I disagree giving karma is a way of saying you appreciate someone. There are people who get daily karma from me. Others get karma for being worthy. I know I'm not the only who does it this way.

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/31/11 at 5:57 pm

I disagree giving karma is a way of saying you appreciate someone. There are people who get daily karma from me. Others get karma for being worthy. I know I'm not the only who does it this way.

I just meant entering a comment for a daily thumbs up is overkill...

You can't sell that! Karma can only be portioned out by the cosmos!

Subject:

Written By: Dude111 on 12/31/11 at 6:07 pm

Ah man!!

Your right Chucky!!

Written By: snozberries on 12/31/11 at 6:09 pm

I just meant entering a comment for a daily thumbs up is overkill...

OH.... on that I totally agree! lol

You can't sell that! Karma can only be portioned out by the cosmos!

O0

Subject:

Written By: Dude111 on 12/31/11 at 6:46 pm

I just tried chat but no one is there!

www.inthe00s.com/chat/preloader.swf

Subject: Re:

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/31/11 at 6:51 pm

it's not installed.  wasn't aware anyone still used it.

Subject:

Written By: Dude111 on 12/31/11 at 6:55 pm

Ya i did check it from time to time.....

Any chance on putting it in Chucky?? (No wonder i didnt get anyone http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/newyears/grin.gif)

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/31/11 at 7:01 pm

Ya i did check it from time to time.....

Any chance on putting it in Chucky?? (No wonder i didnt get anyone http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/newyears/grin.gif)

I'll add it into my list of things to work on.

Subject:

Written By: Dude111 on 12/31/11 at 9:42 pm

Thank you my friend!

Written By: Tam on 01/01/12 at 1:59 am

it's not installed.  wasn't aware anyone still used it.

It didn't work.
I don't know how Dude was getting in to it but it didn't work for me or others for over a year! It would just bring up an error.

Written By: Howard on 01/01/12 at 6:29 am

I appreciate you putting in the time and effort for inthe00s Chucky.

I agree Mike he did put in a lot of hard work to do all this.

Written By: Howard on 01/01/12 at 6:30 am

So now they call it an applaud action? ???

Written By: Howard on 01/01/12 at 6:32 am

How come my post number is showing? Didn't it say "I'm a Supergeek" or something like it when you reached a high number of posts?  ???

Written By: Howard on 01/01/12 at 6:33 am

I can't speak for everyone but I know it will limit the amount of karma I give because of the extra steps. 

Plain and simple I give karma for funny or interesting posts, because someone compliments me or because I like them and it makes me happy seeing them online... 

gonna go try out the fudge now....ready howard?  :D

ready when you are.  ::)

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/01/12 at 6:35 am

How come my post number is showing? Didn't it say "I'm a Supergeek" or something like it when you reached a high number of posts?  ???
I prefer it that way now.

Written By: Howard on 01/01/12 at 6:38 am

I prefer it that way now.

I agree Phil.

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/01/12 at 9:30 am

It didn't work.
I don't know how Dude was getting in to it but it didn't work for me or others for over a year! It would just bring up an error.

I didn't even know.  Explains why there was only ever one person in it. 

Despite SMF 2 being out for years now, there's still no proper mod for it.  A couple people have mentioned hacking something together, but I'm not real motivated to bring it back.

Written By: snozberries on 01/01/12 at 9:37 am

Is anyone ever in there?

Written By: Howard on 01/01/12 at 1:31 pm

Could we get a hover option where you can see what's inside the thread you are about to view? ???

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/01/12 at 1:40 pm

Question: When we plug in the reason why we gave someone karma, where does that message go? PMs? Karma log? Somewhere else?

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 01/01/12 at 1:40 pm

not to beat the horse while it's resting  ;)  But I'm still hoping we get the ability to see new topics on the front page.  I'm totally missing stuff I just know it!

Written By: snozberries on 01/01/12 at 1:54 pm

Question: When we plug in the reason why we gave someone karma, where does that message go? PMs? Karma log? Somewhere else?

Cat

It could be a great PPP topic tho.... what reason did you give to karma/fudge someone? 
then we could post our more creative reasons.... and chucky or the mods or whoever, could post some of the funnier ones they receive (anonymously of course)  :D

Written By: Howard on 01/01/12 at 1:58 pm

Is it me or are there a ton of January birthdays on the bottom of the page, There can't be that many members on here celebrating a January birthday, can there be?  ???

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/01/12 at 1:59 pm

It could be a great PPP topic tho.... what reason did you give to karma/fudge someone? 
then we could post our more creative reasons.... and chucky or the mods or whoever, could post some of the funnier ones they receive (anonymously of course)  :D

We had a thread like that. I would try to find it but the new software won't let me do a search.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 01/01/12 at 2:37 pm

fudge
sheesh
ass
bitch
motherfudgeer
(I_am_a_loser_who_has_no_respect_for_women)
snatch
twat
tit

the filters work! lol  :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/01/12 at 2:38 pm

fudge
sheesh
ass
bitch
motherfudgeer
snatch
twat
tit

;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 01/01/12 at 2:40 pm

We had a thread like that. I would try to find it but the new software won't let me do a search.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

I know we had the karma thread but I mean, since you're, theoretically, supposed to put a reason in you actually just post the reason you typed.  It could be funny but only if people make it creative and don't use it a post count booster and just type  because she's nice or because he's funny... that would get boring fast....

Subject: Re: New software is installed... might need to revert to the old backup still

Written By: nally on 01/01/12 at 2:57 pm

That's right...for you, me, and Philip it no longer says "I am a geek!!" for our post count. I miss that; it was fun!

Written By: nally on 01/01/12 at 3:00 pm

Is it me or are there a ton of January birthdays on the bottom of the page, There can't be that many members on here celebrating a January birthday, can there be?  ???

Methinks the majority of them might be spambots; I posted a reply about it in the "Day with the most birthdays" thread in Send The Clownfishies right here

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/01/12 at 9:46 pm

click on Karamel Sutra under someone's name and you should see all the karma actions they have received (and performed I think too).

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/01/12 at 9:47 pm

not to beat the horse while it's resting  ;)  But I'm still hoping we get the ability to see new topics on the front page.  I'm totally missing stuff I just know it!

click on Highlighted Topics and you'll see the old front page.  There's only two topics listed right now, I need to tweak a parameter, which I'm going to try right now, and see if I can get more of them.

Written By: snozberries on 01/02/12 at 9:28 am

click on Karamel Sutra under someone's name and you should see all the karma actions they have received (and performed I think too).

I don't think we have access to that....I've tried clicking on people's karamel sutra but it's unclickable.  and I don't see anything when I click the karamel button itself... nor did I see anything on the karma/fudge log. 

Written By: snozberries on 01/02/12 at 9:29 am

click on Highlighted Topics and you'll see the old front page.  There's only two topics listed right now, I need to tweak a parameter, which I'm going to try right now, and see if I can get more of them.

THANK YOU!!!! And now my world is complete!!!  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/02/12 at 10:35 am

I guess that means that I should get on the ball.  :-
I don't think we have access to that....I've tried clicking on people's karamel sutra but it's unclickable.  and I don't see anything when I click the karamel button itself... nor did I see anything on the karma/fudge log. 

What she said.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 01/02/12 at 3:12 pm

fudge
sheesh
ass
bitch
motherfudgeer
snatch
twat
tit

HA HA !  ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/02/12 at 3:12 pm

I know we had the karma thread but I mean, since you're, theoretically, supposed to put a reason in you actually just post the reason you typed.  It could be funny but only if people make it creative and don't use it a post count booster and just type  because she's nice or because he's funny... that would get boring fast....

Just type in something simple.

Written By: Howard on 01/02/12 at 3:13 pm

Methinks the majority of them might be spambots; I posted a reply about it in the "Day with the most birthdays" thread in Send The Clownfishies right here

Yeah I thought they were spambots.  ::)

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/02/12 at 3:24 pm

you're right.  it's controlled in the permissions system, I had to enable it for everyone.  From the looks of it, I don't need the karma stats thing I wrote, so I can remove that from the menu bar at the top of the site.

Written By: snozberries on 01/02/12 at 3:42 pm

you're right.  it's controlled in the permissions system, I had to enable it for everyone.  From the looks of it, I don't need the karma stats thing I wrote, so I can remove that from the menu bar at the top of the site.

I take back everything I said...it's kinda nice to see all the reasons you get karma... I'll admit my ego may require me to check this list often! Lol  ;D

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/02/12 at 3:45 pm

I take back everything I said...it's kinda nice to see all the reasons you get karma... I'll admit my ego may require me to check this list often! Lol  ;D

I assumed as much  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 01/02/12 at 3:49 pm

I assumed as much  ;)

stop it I can't karma you again!!! lol

actually it seems I can't karma anyone/ tried karmaing people I know I haven't done and I get that message Cat posted about being at my karamel limit

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/02/12 at 3:59 pm

actually it seems I can't karma anyone/ tried karmaing people I know I haven't done and I get that message Cat posted about being at my karamel limit

I changed that... incorrectly.  I thought it referred to a limit per person not per day.

Written By: snozberries on 01/02/12 at 4:01 pm

I changed that... incorrectly.  I thought it referred to a limit per person not per day.

Only one karamel allowance a day that would be really difficult to decide who to use it on! lol

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/02/12 at 4:03 pm

Only one karamel allowance a day that would be really difficult to decide who to use it on! lol

I did think of doing that originally, but I relented.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/02/12 at 4:12 pm

snozberries 04:09:59 PM Applauding a member.

;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 01/02/12 at 4:13 pm

snozberries 04:09:59 PM Applauding a member.

;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

I wonder who I applauded?  ;)

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/03/12 at 5:39 pm

locking this thread, so new stuff can be reported in the other thread

Check for new replies or respond here...