inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Post Subject Line:

Written By: Tam on 01/17/12 at 3:17 pm

When I pull up the main page, I look at the most recent replies on each board. They are located in the handy little box on the right side of each board. From there I click the replied to thread, so I can go right to the latest reply and read.

Nothing is more annoying than trying to go to the last post, only to find that there is no link to it. Yes, it is only a matter of a couple of clicks to get into the board and then click the thread however, you still have to search for the appropriate thread. A giant pain.

The subject line is designed to provide information as to where your post belongs. It is also designed as a tool for moderators and admin, in order to check on reported posts, follow said posts and take the necessary actions.

Please stop removing the subject line from your posts.

The admin and moderators thank you.

Subject: Re: Post Subject Line:

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/17/12 at 3:41 pm

Why are people removing the subject line?  ??? ??? ???

Written By: Tam on 01/17/12 at 3:51 pm

No clue.
But it is completely annoying and sucks when it comes to moderation.

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/17/12 at 4:07 pm

why is ONE PERSON removing the subject line I think you meant to say.

and yes, it's starting to wear thin on me as well.

Written By: snozberries on 01/17/12 at 4:15 pm

I will join the list of annoyed by this practice

Come on 'Dude' just leave the subject line alone.  Or retitle it but type something in the damn box.  >:(

Written By: Dude111 on 01/17/12 at 5:53 pm

Im sorry but im trying to make my replies LOOK BETTER (Not as cluttered) is it really that big of a deal??

Oh Chucky i checked on the MAIN smf site and you can change it if you want to (To show the thread TITLE and not the reply title,they have that (I didnt know that until the other day when i asked them))

Im sorry Tam,please know im only trying to make it look BETTER!

Written By: Tam on 01/17/12 at 6:35 pm

Im sorry but im trying to make my replies LOOK BETTER (Not as cluttered) is it really that big of a deal??

Oh Chucky i checked on the MAIN smf site and you can change it if you want to (To show the thread TITLE and not the reply title,they have that (I didnt know that until the other day when i asked them))

Im sorry Tam,please know im only trying to make it look BETTER!

Looking better vs. running properly = running properly wins.

I don't see how you think it looks better when in all actuality it looks BLANK, so therefore no one knows what the heck you are replying to. Thanks for leaving it be though. We appreciate it.

Written By: Howard on 01/17/12 at 7:25 pm

You mean people are putting in their own subject when the original is there? ???

Written By: snozberries on 01/17/12 at 10:25 pm

You mean people are putting in their own subject when the original is there? ???

Guilty. And not the one to have done that.

No she means removing the subject line so nothing is there.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/17/12 at 10:39 pm

I never even noticed, to be honest. 

Written By: Howard on 01/18/12 at 6:19 am

Guilty. And not the one to have done that.

No she means removing the subject line so nothing is there.

Oh I see.

Written By: nally on 02/19/13 at 4:18 pm

why is ONE PERSON removing the subject line I think you meant to say.

and yes, it's starting to wear thin on me as well.

I know exactly who that person is, and said person is doing it again.

Written By: warped on 02/19/13 at 4:25 pm

I know exactly who that person is, and said person is doing it again.

You mean this? http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=21536.75  (bottom of page, reply #85 &  #87)

Mods should send him a reminder.

Written By: nally on 02/19/13 at 4:52 pm

You mean this? http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=21536.75  (bottom of page, reply #85 &  #87)

Yep, that's exactly right.

Mods should send him a reminder.

I hope that helps

Written By: Tam on 02/19/13 at 4:55 pm

Thanks for the heads up.
Done. 8)

Written By: Howard on 02/19/13 at 7:06 pm

Oh So by removing it it's taking away the regular subject of what the conversation is about?  ???

Written By: warped on 02/19/13 at 7:09 pm

Oh So by removing it it's taking away the regular subject of what the conversation is about?  ???

You can read the first post Howard.  Oh I might as well post the info for you

"The subject line is designed to provide information as to where your post belongs. It is also designed as a tool for moderators and admin, in order to check on reported posts, follow said posts and take the necessary actions"

Written By: Inertia on 02/20/13 at 5:44 am

I did not even realize you could remove the subject line. Although, I wonder why someone would take the extra time to do it anyway.

Written By: Howard on 02/20/13 at 6:38 am

I did not even realize you could remove the subject line. Although, I wonder why someone would take the extra time to do it anyway.

Maybe they didn't like subject they wanted to discuss about. ???

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/20/13 at 8:18 am

There was one thread that Q & I kept changing the subject as a joke. We were trying to top each other-but it was done in jest.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 02/20/13 at 10:36 am

There was one thread that Q & I kept changing the subject as a joke. We were trying to top each other-but it was done in jest.

Cat

At least we kept a subject line in tact. I don't think it matters what the subject line reads so long as there is one. It gives the post a linkable web address.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/20/13 at 10:43 am

At least we kept a subject line in tact. I don't think it matters what the subject line reads so long as there is one. It gives the post a linkable web address.

So I can STILL change it to "All About ME!" or "All About Cat!"  ;)

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 02/20/13 at 10:45 am

So I can STILL change it to "All About ME!" or "All About Cat!"  ;)

Cat

No cuz the threads all about Storm Q

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/20/13 at 10:50 am

No cuz the threads all about Storm Q

Different thread.  ;)

Cat

Written By: whistledog on 02/21/13 at 6:39 pm

I've been known to alter the title of a subject line, bu what is the point in removing it altogether?

It makes about as much sense as a 3 legged frog smoking crack while hardcore violinists dance on boxes of corn flakes

Written By: snozberries on 02/21/13 at 7:01 pm

I've been known to alter the title of a subject line, bu what is the point in removing it altogether?

It makes about as much sense as a 3 legged frog smoking crack while hardcore violinists dance on boxes of corn flakes

RIGHT... CUZ WHY WOULD THE FROG ONLY HAVE 3 LEGS...DUH!!!  ??? ::)

:D

Written By: Howard on 02/21/13 at 7:20 pm

cause you want a new Subject Line.

Written By: warped on 05/27/13 at 7:24 am

Dude is doing it again.

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?reportsent;topic=48403.msg3035926#msg3035926

Post #10, no subject line.

Dude's first post in 3 months, and that post (3 months ago) had no subject line either. Dude needs a reminder, again. I've informed the mods already.

Edited a few hours later. Chucky has fixed it. Thanks Chuck.

Written By: Dude111 on 08/10/13 at 12:27 am

Im sorry,i wont take it out anymore.....

It just makes the replies looks BETTER,not as cluttered but I can see why you guys dont like it (IT MAKES IT HARD TO FIND THE THREAD IF NO ONE AFTER ME HAS REPLIED) -- Its an SMF error,on other sites you can take out the subject line and the thread title (THE MAIN TITLE) is still referenced in searches,etc.......

I hope no one is mad at me,i was only doing it to make my replies look better (On Vbulletin i even take out the main title when i post a thread as it looks better (That wouldnt work here as no one would be able to click on my thread and I dont want that)

Im sorry guys,i love it here and dont want anyone to hate seeing me coming! (I love SMF)

Dude111 :)

Check for new replies or respond here...