inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Locked threads

Written By: Elor on 05/03/18 at 10:13 am

Is it just me or do a lot of threads get locked recently? This one for example:http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=20766.0
One moment a normal discussion is going on, no fighting, no nothing and the next moment the thing is locked without any explanation given. It would be cool if the person who locks a thread would at least make a post about it explaining the "why". Right now I don't know who is seemingly randomly locking threads or the reason for it.

Subject: Re: Locked threads

Written By: SpyroKev on 05/03/18 at 10:50 am

We can actually lock our own threads, I just found that out recent. Haha That's most likely why.

I want that 2005 thread unlock with the pictures of the flat screen computers in it now come to think of it.

Written By: Elor on 05/03/18 at 11:05 am

We can actually lock our own threads, I just found that out recent. Haha That's most likely why.

I want that 2005 thread unlock with the pictures of the flat screen computers in it now come to think of it.
I know, but the original poster in the thread I linked doersn't have an active account anymore so it must have been a moderator or the admin locking it.

Written By: SpyroKev on 05/03/18 at 11:10 am

I know, but the original poster in the thread I linked doersn't have an active account anymore so it must have been a moderator or the admin locking it.

I just realized that. Hopefully this thread is noticed and they explain why.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/03/18 at 2:30 pm

Mods are cracking down on the decadeology threads. I have locked a few threads myself but I have not locked all of them-including the one that Elor posted the link to.

Cat

Written By: Elor on 05/03/18 at 2:35 pm

Mods are cracking down on the decadeology threads. I have locked a few threads myself but I have not locked all of them-including the one that Elor posted the link to.

That's ok, but it would be nice if the locking person could put a post at the end of the thread explaining why it was locked.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/04/18 at 3:44 pm

That's ok, but it would be nice if the locking person could put a post at the end of the thread explaining why it was locked.

It was most likely whistledog who locked that thread. He's the moderator for that board.

Send him a PM and ask him why :).

Written By: meesa on 05/04/18 at 7:03 pm

For the More Than A Decade Board:

I will always try to give an explanation when I lock a thread. Either it will be the last post, or further up I will give a warning if arguments are breaking out, etc.

I try to leave things open for discussion as much as possible. But,

If a thread is created and there is already one similar/same and the discussion can continue take place there- I will lock.
If there is an argument (different from healthy debate) I will lock.
And if the decadeology of a thread has devolved to the point of arguing how many angels can dance on the head of a pin type of senselessness, I will lock.
If a thread or comment is posted and it is a slur of some type, I will delete. Zero warnings. And if a person persists in hate speech, etc, I will go to Cat the lead mod to request banning.

If anyone has any questions on why I have locked or deleted, just send me a message.

Written By: Elor on 05/07/18 at 4:09 am

And another one: Let's make inthe00s great again!
Several mods had posted in it and no warnings or reasons given. ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/07/18 at 4:13 am

I have just notice too, I was hoping to reply to CatwomanofV's post regarding the ***Stimulating Coverational Thread Contest-May 2018***.

Written By: Howard on 05/07/18 at 5:01 am

So Why was it locked? ???

Written By: SpyroKev on 05/07/18 at 9:33 am

It probably was because of me. I wrote my post as sincere as possible though.

Mods need to chill.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/07/18 at 11:40 am

It was NOT a mod who locked it. My guess it was Sharksfan who started the thread. I unlocked it.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/07/18 at 12:17 pm

It was NOT a mod who locked it. My guess it was Sharksfan who started the thread. I unlocked it.

Cat
Now the URL is reading "This site can’t be reached".

Written By: piecesof93 on 05/07/18 at 12:31 pm

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/07/18 at 12:41 pm

What URL? "Make Inthe00s Great Again" or my contest thread?

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/07/18 at 12:45 pm

What URL? "Make Inthe00s Great Again" or my contest thread?

Cat
Let's make inthe00s great again! seems fine, you contest is fine the URL refer to here.

And I can see it now, with the reply written out, it reads as "http://Let's make inthe00s great again!", definitely not a URL. I hope I explained well?

Written By: SpyroKev on 05/07/18 at 12:58 pm

Cat

I worded that wrong. My first post contradicted my most recent post you replied to.

My bad.

Written By: whistledog on 05/07/18 at 9:22 pm

It was most likely whistledog who locked that thread. He's the moderator for that board.

Send him a PM and ask him why :).

I did lock that thread because a lot of posts I saw in it were bordering decadeology.  I didn't explain why because it should speak for itself lol

From my experience:  If a topic that looks like decadeology gets locked, then questions arise as to why it got locked, then it's definitely decadeology.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/07/18 at 10:02 pm

I did lock that thread because a lot of posts I saw in it were bordering decadeology.  I didn't explain why because it should speak for itself lol

From my experience:  If a topic that looks like decadeology gets locked, then questions arise as to why it got locked, then it's definitely decadeology.

Thanks for the explanation! :)

Elor wanted it.

Check for new replies or respond here...