inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Posting Videos

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/08/18 at 2:36 pm

When posting videos PLEASE do not post more than 2 or 3 per post.

Thank you.

Cat

Subject: Re: Posting Videos

Written By: SpyroKev on 07/08/18 at 4:49 pm

I been waiting for this. YES! Threads with videos stacked in every post make it hard for my computer to load.

Written By: Howard on 07/09/18 at 5:14 am

I been waiting for this. YES! Threads with videos stacked in every post make it hard for my computer to load.

the less videos the better.

Written By: nally on 07/10/18 at 5:49 pm

the less videos the better.

100% agreed. In fact, lately I have been limiting myself to two vids per post.

Also, when quoting a post that contains 2 or more vids, I have been deleting them from the quote as to not take up so much virtual memory.

Written By: Dude111 on 07/11/18 at 8:29 am

I usually have flash disabled so no embedded vids ever load :) (Bogs mine down also)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/18/18 at 11:12 am

REMINDER!!!! LIMIT ONLY 2 VIDEOS PER POST-THIS INCLUDES INSIDE THE SPOILER!!! And limit pics to only 2-3 per post!!!

If I see it again, I am just going to delete them.

Cat

Written By: Dude111 on 08/18/18 at 3:03 pm

Maybe we should just disable embeddded flash CAT,can easily be done in the control panel...

Its too much hassle...... If someone wants to see a video they can just click the link provided,no big deal.....

Written By: Howard on 08/18/18 at 3:36 pm

Mahybe we should just disable embeddded flash CAT,can easily be done in the control panel...

Its too much hassle...... If someone wants to see a video they can just click the link  provided,no big deal.....

That might work do you think it's a good idea? ???

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/18/18 at 6:33 pm

Mahybe we should just disable embeddded flash CAT,can easily be done in the control panel...

Its too much hassle...... If someone wants to see a video they can just click the link  provided,no big deal.....

Not my call. That is up to Chucky.

Cat

Written By: Dude111 on 08/18/18 at 7:02 pm

Im sorry Cat,I forgot your not a co-admin.... (Your still a very good staff member :))

Written By: wixness on 08/19/18 at 8:26 am

Would using hyperlinks instead be exempt from this? It might have some moderation issues though that aren't related to loading times.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/19/18 at 1:02 pm

Would using hyperlinks instead be exempt from this? It might have some moderation issues though that aren't related to loading times.

Why is it so hard to limit videos to 2?

Cat

Written By: wixness on 08/19/18 at 1:40 pm

Why is it so hard to limit videos to 2?

Cat

I don't think they automatically turn to videos if I post hyperlinks alone. In which case, I'll probably resort to naming examples of media instead, or asking users to search it up if I feel like I need to post more than two videos.

Check for new replies or respond here...