inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Give us a better description!

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/09/06 at 8:19 am

There's no description for any of the games.  If you'd like to write a better one, put it here and I'll add it to the game

Subject: Re: Give us a better description!

Written By: whistledog on 02/09/06 at 1:09 pm

For that McDonald's one, how about "Fast paced strategy game that's impossible to win at"  :(

for ones like Tetris, Pac-Man, Burger Time and those other 80's classics, you could put "Old School classic from the 80's"  :-\\  Games like those are so recognizable, they don't really need descriptions

Written By: nally on 02/13/06 at 3:47 pm

I see only the "broken" games seem to have descriptions, and those descriptions explain why the games are broken. Have you added any descriptions yet?

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/14/06 at 10:14 am

I see only the "broken" games seem to have descriptions, and those descriptions explain why the games are broken. Have you added any descriptions yet?

no... I probably won't either.  I think most of the games are probably self-evident or contain the instructions in them anyways

Written By: nally on 02/14/06 at 11:42 am

no... I probably won't either.  I think most of the games are probably self-evident or contain the instructions in them anyways

Thought so.

Written By: whistledog on 02/14/06 at 11:45 am

There are some games that do not contain instructions.  It took me a while to figure out ones like Blix and Ponx

Written By: nally on 02/14/06 at 12:07 pm

There are some games that do not contain instructions.  It took me a while to figure out ones like Blix and Ponx

I only played Blix once and couldn't figure out how to play it.

Ponx, I seem to have taught myself how to play it.

Written By: whistledog on 02/14/06 at 12:16 pm

I only played Blix once and couldn't figure out how to play it.

Ponx, I seem to have taught myself how to play it.

Blix is easy.  You have to push one of the circles on each side of the squares to shift the blocks left or right.  Which circle you press depends on which horizontal row you want to shift, and which way you want to shift it.  The idea is to get a row of three same coloured blocks vertically.  If make more than one match at a time, you get 1 extra move

Written By: nally on 02/14/06 at 3:37 pm

Blix is easy.  You have to push one of the circles on each side of the squares to shift the blocks left or right.  Which circle you press depends on which horizontal row you want to shift, and which way you want to shift it.  The idea is to get a row of three same coloured blocks vertically.  If make more than one match at a time, you get 1 extra move

Okay...maybe I was doing something wrong. I'll go try it.

Written By: nally on 02/14/06 at 3:48 pm

I sorta got the hang of it. When you push one of the little buttons, how many notches are the squares shifted? I find it hard to figure out sometimes. I can't seem to do better than 2700 on it for now. :-\\

Written By: nally on 02/14/06 at 3:59 pm

I sorta got the hang of it. When you push one of the little buttons, how many notches are the squares shifted? I find it hard to figure out sometimes. I can't seem to do better than 2700 on it for now. :-\\

Never mind; I got it figured out now! 8)

Written By: whistledog on 02/14/06 at 4:07 pm

They each shift one square overIt's hard to get the hang of at first, but over time, i bet your score will improve :)

Written By: nally on 02/14/06 at 6:10 pm

They each shift one square overIt's hard to get the hang of at first, but over time, i bet your score will improve :)

I think I will. 8)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/15/06 at 7:21 pm

I like the game Jewels, but your score isn't shown anywhere while you're playing it, so you have no idea how well you're doing it. 

I wish there was some kind of help tab next to the games where people could write down instructions on how to play, because some of them don't and I hate not knowing what to do.  :-\\

Written By: Tam on 02/15/06 at 8:59 pm

Ledix

Older cell phones have the game called "Push Push"
That is exactly what this game is.

Written By: nally on 02/16/06 at 11:32 am

I wish there was some kind of help tab next to the games where people could write down instructions on how to play, because some of them don't and I hate not knowing what to do.   :-\\

Which is one reason why I haven't attempted most of the games. The other being lack of interest.

I'm with you on that.

Check for new replies or respond here...