inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Hints and Tips for the Arcade games here (20 New Hints Added!)

Written By: Red Ant on 02/10/06 at 11:07 pm

This is a thread where you list (people willing) or learn a few tips or tricks in games to get much better scores. I'll give out a few of my tips. Please do not list cheats or exploits on this thread (they exist, I don't use them).

Two-Handed Technique : Games that require an insane amount of mouse clicking for firing rate or using the hell out of your spacebar are much easier to play two handed. Hold the mouse with your right hand and brace/position your left hand so you can rapid left click (or tap) the mouse or hit the spacebar. A few of my scores are unbeatable if playing one hand on the mouse.

Also, you can use what I call a 2-finger technique for the spacebar. Instead of rapidly mashing the spacebar with one finger, I use my pointer and index fingers to tap. This, if done fast enough, is like having two spacebars = twice the firepower.

Adjust Your Screen Settings : Some games are hard on the eyes. Adjusting the contrast, brightness and sometimes switching mode between text and video can lessen eye strain. I adjust all 3 quite a bit depending on what game I am playing.

Good Posture/Ergonomics: You won't be able to beat a high score if your hand goes numb. Wearing a glove of some type helps on some games a bit (I wear a neoprene jet-ski glove occasionally). My hand still goes numb sometimes.

Make Sure Your Mouse Is Clean : Having the mouse ball stick can mean the difference between a great score and a lousy one. Tweezers work well for pulling lint off of the roller pins. Also, make sure the mouse cord has enough slack in it to not yank the mouse from your hand.

Of course, practice is the best way to improve on a game. I've been playing video games of all types for over 20 years. Many of the games here do not require lightning fast reflexes or super hand/eye coordination, but patience and practice.

Subject: Re: Hints and Tips for the Arcade games here.

Written By: FaultyDog on 02/11/06 at 5:11 am

Should anybody ever want to try and beat my Kart score, here's a tip for you all:

At the start of the game, your kart is positioned in the middle lane. KEEP IT THERE! Only move it to overtake karts in the middle lane by quickly clicking right/left arrow keys (don't worry - there's always enough space, if you do it right). The other karts in the game will never switch lanes.

Written By: whistledog on 02/11/06 at 9:46 am

If anyone wants to tackle my Triathalon score, the easiest way to do it is to criss cross your hands.  I find that it's easier to press the Z and X keys with my right hand

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/11/06 at 10:13 am

If anyone wants to tackle my Triathalon score, the easiest way to do it is to criss cross your hands.  I find that it's easier to press the Z and X keys with my right hand
Your right hand or the fingers?

Written By: whistledog on 02/11/06 at 11:16 pm

Your right hand or the fingers?

The Fingers.  In the Diving round, with your right hand, hold X and press Z super fast while your left hand toggles the left and right keys even faster.  It's difficult to master, but once you do, you can get really good scores everytime :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/12/06 at 3:30 am

[quote author=whis

Written By: nally on 02/16/06 at 4:45 pm

For Solitaire, try not to have to go through the deck a second time. 'Cause each time you click the green circle to go back to the beginning of the deck, you'll lose a hundred points.

Znax: Clearing the 10x10 grid will get you the most points. Each time you do, you earn 20,000 points. (Whereas clearing boxes of other dimensions earns you the number of tiles in the box times 100. For example, clearing a 5x7 grid will give you 3500 points.) Try to clear boxes involving one or more of the corner tiles; this will give a chance to make all the corner tiles the same color. (Of course, you never know what color the new tiles are gonna be.)

Written By: whistledog on 02/16/06 at 5:53 pm

The secret to Blocks IBPA

Your best bet is to try and make big matches that will get you the 2000+ bonuses.  You don't get a big bonus if you clear the board

Written By: Red Ant on 02/16/06 at 6:03 pm

Here's a comprehensive hint guide to some of the games I hold titles in. Some of my scores are fairly easy to beat, some are impossible. I hold 71 titles at the moment.

1: Frogger - 475 Score is impossible to beat since you can't advance to Level 2. Game is broken in that regard. But, for those willing to try for a tie, you need to learn to jump backwards on the logs so you can postion yourself for the outer (especially left side) slots.

2: Donkey Kong - 22800 Be patient and make sure you jump the barrels right. Also, getting up the ladders quickly is most helpful.

3: Airfox - 13505 That score is easily beaten if you have the time and don't mind being bored to tears. Just carpet bomb everything. Whoever takes this title from me has it forever, I've no interest in playing the game again.

4: Drag n Drop - 181 Requires a "fast" board and a lot of hand-eye coordination. This score will be very hard to beat. No easy way to score big. Faster moving notes are worth more.

5: Easter Eggs - 211 Easily beatable once you learn how to lead the drops. I will not seek the title again in this game should it fall.

6: Asteroids Flash - 340600 Beatable by someone who is willing to jeopardize destroying the space bar on their keyboard. Insanely fast mashing of buttons is my tip here.

7: Ghost 2000 - 743 You will get splattered almost instantly on Level 3, so grab as many points as you can in 1 and 2, which means once you get a power up farm the nest for the vulnerable shuttlecock-looking ghosts.

8: Paul - 21475 Hit the ice cream as soon as it comes out of the gun for more points. Learn how to deal with the shotgun blasts or you will never top this score.

9. R Snake - 111 Weave a path that gives you room to maneuver. Also, don't follow your tail too close or when you get another ball you'll run into yourself.

10: Target Shoot - 415 Hit the targets while they are perfectly flat and in the center. If you stun one, unload on it. Practice reloading. A "good" board helps.

11: Top Banana - 1920 Try to not leave spaces in the board. Diagonal moves are a must. Look ahead at least one move to avoid problems.

12: Asteroids2 CH - 48440 Try to destroy asteroids at once, don't leave little pieces all around that will eventually come from no where to kill you. The little ships can aim precisely, so you need to be on the move always.

13: Panic Room - 104 Make sure you get all of the time bonuses that fall.

14: Ball - 54 This score was my first attempt at the game. Don't over-compensate and tilt the board back before the ball is at the hole otherwise you'll pass it.

15: Cardtoss  339125 Whistle Dog and I raised the bar on this game ridiculously high but 350k+ is possible. Learn the winds, don't miss (at all) and watch your time.

16: Defend Your Stronghold  58 This score can be beaten but by level 38 it a speed game of clicking the mouse. You'll need about 2 hours of free time to even try, making this the most time-intensive per play game here I know.

17: Keepy Uppy - 246 Like Aussie Santa but with a ball. That score took about 5 minutes to get, not easy to beat but quite beatable. Try to hit the ball in the center to avoid wild carems.

18: Maeda Path  2790 It's mostly patience here and is one of the slowest games in the arcade. No real hints on this one other than if you jerk your hand you will lose early. Make sure your mouse rolls smooth.

19: Shooting Gallery  35170 Unless you can click the mouse more than 440 times a minute and have near perfect aim this score ain't going down. That said, I do believe I'm capable of 39000 so it can be beaten. Aim for the black and blue spaces on the wheels, ignore all other targets.

The gambling games always bet max and play all lines. The mechanics of card play are too in-depth for a quicky hint guide. I've played poker and slots for years so I generally know the best plays and odds with a given set of cards. Luck is always a big factor on these games.

Many of the games I don't know yet since I've only played them a few times.

Anyways, hope that helps some.

Subject: Re: Hints and Tips for the Arcade games here (20 New Hints Added!)

Written By: whistledog on 02/17/06 at 12:49 am

Here's a little tip for Artic Pingu

When you're not shooting anything, always keep your sights on the area where penguin pops his head out of the water.  He is worth 50 points

Written By: nally on 02/17/06 at 7:45 pm

And make extraneous moves. The 1-2 seconds lost is a smaller loss than the point gain. If you have something in the deck that you can move either down to the board or up to one of the tableaux, make the board move first. You will be rewarded with more points. Never move a card from the tableaux back to the board unless it's absolutely necessary - you'll lose points.

Yeah, I tried that last time I played. For example, I moved a red four onto a black five (which was on the "board") and then onto the tableaux. Doesn't work with the aces, though.

I've never moved a card from the tableaux back to the board; I know that you'll lose points that way. Often times it's just not worth it to make a sacrifice like that.

Written By: Red Ant on 02/19/06 at 6:07 pm

More tips on the games in which I hold titles:

20: Poker Frenzy  26000 While  it is a sure way to lose real money quickly, to beat this score you'll need a Royal Flush. Ditch everything that is lower than 3 of a kind for suited face cards. If you get 3 to a Royal always go for the draw, even if you have 3 of a kind or a flush. Straights and flushes should not be kept unless you are dealt all 5 cards that make them (in other words, you aren't drawing new cards.).

Example: If you can make a AKQJ6 of diamonds, ditch the 6 and try to draw a 10 of diamonds.

21: Ball  59 Tilt the board one click the direction you want the ball to roll. When the ball is about 60-70% of the way to the hole, tilt back. Momentum will carry it to be aligned with the hole on that axis. Repeat as necessary.

22: Card Frenzy  162800 This game is pretty much all luck. But here's an odds table:

Card Showing:

8: 1:1 odds to bet high or low since there are an equal number of cards on either side of the 8. This is mathematically the worst card to try to beat. If you get this card in the pyramid round, change it.

9, 7:  7:5 odds on guessing correct. Still bad cards.

10, 6: 2:1 odds in your favor of guessing right.

J, 5: 3:1 odds of guessing right. However, 2s tend to come up under 5s quite often.

Q,4: 5:1 odds of guessing right.

K,3 11:1 odds of guessing right.

A, 2: Impossible to lose with these 2 cards but pushes seem to occur more frequently than the 13:1 odds suggest.

Barty EF: Whistle Dog holds the title here but make sure you get all time bonuses and don't miss too much for misses cost points. The black feathers reverse the controls each time you collect one.

Written By: Red Ant on 02/20/06 at 3:30 am

24: Fisher - After level 1 always buy the salt and a stick of dynamite. Little fishes with salt are worth 300 and reel up about 4 times faster than the big ones which are only worth 500. Missses cost major time. You can only use one stick of dynamite per level, so use it wisely (and ther's no point in having more than one on you). Make sure you have a shoe on the hook before you use the dynamite, otherwise you will waste it.

Treasure chests rarely contain anything worth the time it takes to pull them up. The lucky coins are a waste of money.

Buy strength potions (whiskey) as often as possible. If your strength drops too low you will cast very very slowly.

Make sure if possible you have 'cushion' points if possible to carry you into the next level should you get a bad board (ie like all the fish are under boots or are very deep) or just have a lousy round.

The big fish barrels did nothing noticeable except waste 400 points. Big fish were still worth 500 points with that item.

Shoe polish is equally useless since shoes take forever to reel up. Blow them up or if they are close enough to the boat just eat the time.

If you want to break 100k, you'll need over 2 hours of free time.

Written By: whistledog on 02/21/06 at 1:07 am

Here's some strategy for Crash Test Danny ...

Put the Petrol on the back of the car, then put the hydrogen on the front of the car.  Now, if you want the soap skid bonus, put the detergent on the top of the car, or if you want the oil slick skid bonus, put the oil on the top of your car.  I'm not sure yet which one makes you slide farther though

Click go, then begin to beat the hell out of your spacebar lightning fast to rev your car up and watch your score fly high

Written By: FaultyDog on 02/21/06 at 2:32 am

[quote author=whis

Written By: whistledog on 02/22/06 at 1:41 pm

Here's a valuable hint that applies to games where you have to click to submit your score ... check to make sure the forums are working first before you submit.  If you have a real high score, and after you submit, realize the forums are down (again), it's bye bye high score  :\'(

On the games that automatically submit your score .. if the forums are down, you're screwed ;D

Written By: whistledog on 03/18/06 at 9:37 pm

On the game Clash n Slash, you lose points for each shot you miss, so on the levels where you have three way bullets, try to save your shots for a whole group of ships

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/22/06 at 6:38 pm

I really shouldn't give my "secrets" away but I will be nice. In the keno game, only pick two numbers-preferably touching each other. (If you look at the patterns of the numbers that come out, the numbers are usually close together.) The odds of getting 2 numbers out of the 20 are much better and the payoff is halfway decent for getting 2. And keep playing those same two numbers because you know as soon as you change them, those other 2 will come up. And of course-be patient.

Cat

Written By: whistledog on 03/22/06 at 7:01 pm

Here's some more helpful hints ...

Sag of Sai - If you beat the final boss, you can't register your score, so the trick is when you get to him, beat him up until he has little life left.  Then let him finish you off

Bump Copter - The faster you beat it, the bigger the score you get.  As you play it, learn to recognize the patterns of the moving blocks so you will be able to time your moves perfectly

Halloween - Keep your shots in the middle.  When a whole group of pumpkins roll over, move your shot as you drop the knives.  If you time your drops just right, you shouldn't have any problems getting a decent score

Twin Sonice - Don't think about your moves.  Just react.  The time you have left on each round depends on how much time you will have in the next round.  Only use your spare penguins when it's absolutely necessary.  IF you have to use one in the first level, then forget it.  You ain't getting a good score

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/28/06 at 1:06 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: whistledog on 03/28/06 at 1:32 pm

Still none the wiser on Twin Sonice

Twin Sonice is relatively easy ...

You get more points for matching up pairs (ie: 6 and 6) then you do matching them in order (ie: 6 and 7), but in the heat of the game, it's not always best to try for matching pairs.  Look at the numbers in the back rows, so you can determine the best moves to make.  Say you have a board that looks like this ...

13  3  4  11 12 11
  12 10  6  12 9

and you have a 5 at the bottom

Take out the 9 and 10, then match up the 12's.  Then use the 5 to get rid of the 6 and that whole first row is gone.  Then in that next row, you can match up the pair of 11's, them match up the 12 with the 13 and the 3 with the 4 and voila

13  3  4  11 12 11
  12 10  6  12 9

Written By: FaultyDog on 03/28/06 at 1:34 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: whistledog on 03/28/06 at 1:51 pm

...except that I   never get a board like that! ;)

The trick is to play the game in pop-up, that way if you get a board you don't like, you can close the window, and re-start the game with ease ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/28/06 at 2:05 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: whistledog on 04/25/06 at 9:20 pm

Some more hints ...

Catapult - If you can get a cat stuck on all 4 antlers, you get a "Torture Bonus" of 2000 points.  If you have good aim, you can get high scores based on this alone.  Otherwise, try to get the cats in the upper holes cause it's worth more points.  You lose points for each cat that walks off the screen, and you lose a stone for each time you miss

Clash N Slash - On some rounds, you get a machine gun, and if you hold the mouse button, you get auto fire.  DON'T DO THAT!!  You lose points for each bullet you fire, but you get more points for each ship you hit, so conserve your bullets.  On the rounds with the three way gun, try to make it so you hit a whole group of ships, so not to risk wasting any bullets.  Also, try to hit the ships in mid distance to the earth, because sometimes you will get bombs, and it's easier to make them effective if they are in close range to other ships (the more ships you destroy at once with the bombs, the bigger the points you will get).  Also, you lose points everytime a ship crashes into the earth, so do your best to keep the ships at a distance from the earth when you are re-loading

Written By: nally on 04/28/06 at 3:21 pm

[quote author=wһіѕ

Written By: Red Ant on 05/05/06 at 4:23 am

McDonald's - This game is a monumental PITA at first, but there are some tips I'll share so you won't get fired. This is more or less a complete spolier.

Before you start the game, read the hints and instructions. Not only will they help you understand the game, they are also hilarious.

As soon as you start off, pause the game. You can make all kinds of changes without time running. Any time you have an alarm, pause the game and see what is going on. Pause is your friend.

Go to the farmlands first. Plant grain in one plot (not rainforest) and resume the clock. Provided you don't genetically enhance it, you won't lose money every month. You will have 40k at this point.

After ~1 year of growing grain, the cistern in the slaughter house will be full. Now, go back to the farmlands and buy one plot for cows. Note: Cows cost 200$ per month per plot, regardless of how many cows are on that plot. You get two cows to start with, up it to three. You'll now have 35k, and your money will drop every month by 200$.

By now the restaurant will have about 150 burgers - buy a cook and a cashier.They will start selling automatically.

Everything will more or less be in equilibrium at this point, and you will be making money. There is one problem though: 3 cows per plot destroys the land at the rate of 2% per month. When the land reaches 25% or so viability (and ideally after your 3 cows are harvested and baby cows appear), sell it and immediately buy another plot for cows. The land you sold will repair itself at the rate of 2% a month, and you can and should buy it back when it reaches 100% again. Repeat this cycle as long as is needed.

Note: If your land reaches 0%, your cows die, the land is unusuable forever, and the enviromentalists get pissy.

Do not add steroids to the feed mix - consumer groups hate steroids, not to mention your cows can get sick, and in turn give people food poisoning.  They hate that too.

if you start running low on grain buy another plot for it.

Occasionally, employees need discipline. When they are angry, discipline them, then reward them worked best for me. Once you use up the measures available, if they get angry again, fire them.

There is also the HQ screen. All kinds of things go one here. There are 4 ad campaigns you can run, and also 4 different people you can pay off if one of the 5 consumer groups gets mad at you. After trying numerous combinations, I've found the best way is to not advertise at all, and not pay off anyone. This only works though if...

.... you keep one cook and one cashier in the restaurant. They will ocassionally get a queue, but hey, if people got their food fast it wouldn't be McDonalds.  ;D

The problem is with the fact that if you could balance two cooks and two cashiers (and 6 cows and 3-4 plots of grain), customers do not come fast enough to support them without advertising. Once you start running ads (which are targeted for one group), various other groups get mad at you. If they get mad enough, they will boycott and/or fine you. It is impossible to keep everyone happy once you start running ads, so in my experience they aren't worth running. Toggling the ads was effective in the short term, but that way of play was a supreme PITA to maintain for any amount of time.

Once you are ready to quit the game, sell off all your land and burgers before you submit your score.

So, that's about it.

Written By: Red Ant on 05/14/06 at 12:11 am

The problem is with the fact that if you could balance two cooks and two cashiers (and 6 cows and 3-4 plots of grain), customers do not come fast enough to support them without advertising. Once you start running ads (which are targeted for one group), various other groups get mad at you. If they get mad enough, they will boycott and/or fine you. It is impossible to keep everyone happy once you start running ads, so in my experience they aren't worth running. Toggling the ads was effective in the short term, but that way of play was a supreme PITA to maintain for any amount of time.

Balancing 2 cooks and cashiers is feasible and more profitable than 1 each, but certainly not easy.

Written By: Red Ant on 05/14/06 at 12:25 am

Hints for Urban Slug coming shortly. First, a list of known game bugs:

1: Contacts will occasionally give you a % increase for your mission. On missions that have percentages, this will in all likelyhood cause the game to bug - if you reach >100% the game just keeps playing.

2: If you end a level with a live tank on the last screen, that tank will sometimes appear during your next 'gear up' phase, and so will more. The first screen in your next mission will have all these tanks, who can kill you. They despawn, but it is a PITA when this happens. This also messes up the sound - you will hear tank engines noises for the rest of the game.

3: Having a magazine bigger than 30 rounds bugs the game (Tested only once).

4: Running past a helicopter to the next screen on the steal missions bugs the game so that the level never ends.

5: Rarely, an enemy will spawn that is invincible. This happens most often on steal missions when a troop spawns behind a tank and then moves in front of it.

6: Tank and mortar fire can come through to the next screen and kill you - ie, you run past a tank that just fired a shell and go to the next screen. That shell will land in your screen.

7: You cannot shoot anything behind a tank or a guy with a shield. If there is a 'caller' present, you will get swarmed by enemies in a matter of seconds. This is how I die 90% of the time.

8: Not a bug but still sucks - when you reload a weapon you do not get "credit" for ammo still in the clip.

9: Not a bug but still sucks - find/steal/rescue missions are very much random - your objective can be on the 2nd board or the 25th. Money values have nothing to do with how far you may have to go into enemy territory.

Written By: loki 13 on 11/11/06 at 10:53 am

In the game Air Sk8ing, how do you keep the skater in the air? the instructions are in German, I
even went to a translation site. The site gave a literal translation which was more confusing than
the German instructions. So how do you keep the skater in the air?

Written By: FaultyDog on 11/11/06 at 11:31 am

In the game Air Sk8ing, how do you keep the skater in the air? the instructions are in German, I
even went to a translation site. The site gave a literal translation which was more confusing than
the German instructions. So how do you keep the skater in the air?

All you have to use is your left mouse button. Click it once, and the game commences: the skater will jump off of the ramp.
Click the mouse button again to get the skater in the right direction (ie as horizontal a line as possible), and that's the tricky part. Click too soon, and the skater will be bouncing off the ground and disappear into the sky (end of game). Click too late, and the skater dives into the ground (end of game).
Once (or should I say: if) you get the skater in the right direction, you have to use the left mouse button to keep him in the air (if you don't touch it, the skater will plummet to the ground - end of game). But again: don't click it too much or too hard...and above all this: avoid a collision with the bombs!
Obviously, the longer you stay airborne the more points you get, and bonus points are given for each TX-symbol that you hit.

I've given up on this game a long time ago. It's just too darn impossible.

Written By: loki 13 on 11/11/06 at 11:57 am

All you have to use is your left mouse button. Click it once, and the game commences: the skater will jump off of the ramp.
Click the mouse button again to get the skater in the right direction (ie as horizontal a line as possible), and that's the tricky part. Click too soon, and the skater will be bouncing off the ground and disappear into the sky (end of game). Click too late, and the skater dives into the ground (end of game).
Once (or should I say: if) you get the skater in the right direction, you have to use the left mouse button to keep him in the air (if you don't touch it, the skater will plummet to the ground - end of game). But again: don't click it too much or too hard...and above all this: avoid a collision with the bombs!
Obviously, the longer you stay airborne the more points you get, and bonus points are given for each TX-symbol that you hit.

I've given up on this game a long time ago. It's just too darn impossible.

Thanks Henk, I'll give it a try again. I was only scoring in the hundreds, nowhere near the record so
I knew there had to be something else.

Written By: whistledog on 11/11/06 at 2:33 pm

The trick to Air Sk8ting is to keep the skateboarder in the center of the screen, that way you have an easier chance of avoiding bombs

Written By: nally on 11/11/06 at 7:11 pm

The trick is to play the game in pop-up, that way if you get a board you don't like, you can close the window, and re-start the game with ease ;D

I've never tried playing in popup before.

Written By: Red Ant on 11/11/06 at 7:59 pm

The trick to Air Sk8ting is to keep the skateboarder in the center of the screen, that way you have an easier chance of avoiding bombs

Still not *that* easy. The best trick for high scores (besides that) it to get the slowest "pop" off of the ramp as possible so that the bombs don't come at you so fast. However, the faster you move the faster you rack up points.

About my never-finished Urban Slug hints, let me just say that whomever makes it through three decent-paying "steal" missions first and spends their money wisely (buying armor for less than 30$ a % upgrade) could crack 10,000 as armor does NOT deplete when you get hit (unlike contacts). I've played roughly 600 games though and getting to even 60% armor happens maybe once every 30 games. 60% armor<machine gunners. The game is way too buggy; I don't think anyone is going to break my high score.

Written By: FaultyDog on 12/23/06 at 3:09 am

Here's some hints and tips for Fisher (should you ever consider playing the game...)

- Turn off the *bleeping* music. It's only there to distract/annoy you.
- Go for the small fish. They're easier to reel in, and there are more of them.
- Only go for the big fish if they're close to the surface or otherwise easy to reach.
- The chests usually hold a stick of dynamite, but there's a chance you might reel in a bottle of rum, some money or extra time.
- Buy the salt. It doubles the money you get for the small fish.
- Don't buy the rum unless you really have to.
- Don't buy the lucky coin. You don't need luck, you need skill.
- Don't buy the shoe polish. You're a fisher, for crying out loud!
- Don't buy the barrel. I still don't know what it's good for.
- Don't buy the dynamite. Concentrate on the fish, and you won't ever need this.
- Try to stay ahead of schedule.That way it's no big deal if you reel in a shoe occasionally.

Written By: nally on 12/24/06 at 1:03 am

I've never tried playing in popup before.

I recently started playing some games that way, and I've found it to be a good time-saver!

Written By: whistledog on 01/19/07 at 2:45 am

CLASH 'N SLASH

Conserve your bullets, cause for each shot you miss, you lose points

Machine Gun - Regardless that it says you can hold your mouse and auto fire, DO NOT do this cause you lose points for every shot that doesn't hit anything

3-Way Gun - Again, you lose points for any buillet that misses, so try your best to aim for a group of enemies and/or barrels/grey boxes

Yellow Barrels - They spread in all directions, so make sure you hit them only when there is a large group of enemies near.  For each piece of the explosion that misses, you lose points, so if you have any left over when all the enemies are dead, DON'T destroy them

Orange Barrels - Small explosions.  You get more points for the more enemies you kill with them.  You also get points for exploding them when no enemies are near, and you don't lose points.  If they are near a yellow barrel, try to use them when there is a large group of enemies all over the board, so you can be sure that when the yellow barrels explose, they will hit a good number of enemies.  You can also shoot these when no enemies are around, and get points without losing any points

Red Barrels - Large explosions.  They work the same as the Orange Barrels

Blue Barrels - When they explode, they freeze the enemies that are near and if you shoot them in frozen state, you get more points.  You can also shoot these barrels when no enemies are around and get points without losing any points

Green Barrels - When the explode, they form a moss like substance around the enemies that are near.  They work the same as the blue barrels

Grey Boxes - You get 100 points for shooting these.  If you have the 3-Way Gun, ONLY shoot these when there are a group of enemies around, because if you use your 3-way to just shoot the box, two bullets will miss, and you will lose more points than what the box is worth, so if you have any left over, don't shoot them unless you can hit a group of them together

Written By: whistledog on 01/21/07 at 5:22 pm

How to cheat in Pong Funky ...

Set the options to Practice Mode.  Center the paddle so the ball will bounce perfectly up and down.  Then just let your computer run idle all night

Written By: Red Ant on 02/05/07 at 11:48 pm

I finally got Star Ball MP to load. My scores sucked, but I noticed this:

2 whistledog January 26, 2007, 02:37:07 AM 68040 I died on the 3rd level.

I made it to level 4 but had NOWHERE near that score. What's the trick?

Written By: whistledog on 02/06/07 at 12:05 am

I finally got Star Ball MP to load. My scores sucked, but I noticed this:

2 whistledog January 26, 2007, 02:37:07 AM 68040 I died on the 3rd level.

I made it to level 4 but had NOWHERE near that score. What's the trick?

If you are lucky, sometimes your ball gets stuck in those construction blocks (with the yellow and black stripes on them) and you can rack up points without even doing anything.  On levels with those blocks, try to aim for them, and most important, do not collect the orange or green items, cause your ball will destroy those blocks.  Also, don't shoot them with the rockets (You can shoot the laser and they won't destroy)

I got lucky and had 4 balls at once get stuck between those blocks.  Before I knew it, i sat back and watched my score zoom and I never even had to do anything ;D

Written By: Red Ant on 03/11/07 at 11:28 pm

Hints on Wipeout2 (one of the best games here):

Start cutting back against the wave asap. The faster you get in the tube, the bigger the score.

Hold down the spacebar from the start.

While air looks good, it kills points.

Sharks suck.

Ideally, you will make as many big cuts as possible in the 30 seconds. Right before time ends, let go of the spacebar for a huge score (like 70,000 points) and don't continue after the game ends or you'll lose your score.

Written By: whistledog on 03/11/07 at 11:34 pm

Hints on Wipeout2 (one of the best games here):

Start cutting back against the wave asap. The faster you get in the tube, the bigger the score.

Hold down the spacebar from the start.

While air looks good, it kills points.

Sharks suck.

Ideally, you will make as many big cuts as possible in the 30 seconds. Right before time ends, let go of the spacebar for a huge score (like 70,000 points) and don't continue after the game ends or you'll lose your score.

That tube will get you big points yes, but don't get in it too deep, or you will wipeout

You get big points if you make a circle within the tube

Written By: Henk on 06/08/07 at 12:30 am

In case anyone wants to try Freeze:

- you don't have to wait for a ramp to make a jump.

- off-piste skiing, snowballing and power-ups give you 1,000 points each (totally free, so go for it)

I haven't figured out all moves yet (if that's possible at all - there seem to be quite a few), but I have noticed the outcome will differ from ramp to ramp. (I mean: a specific combination of arrows will result in different jumps/aerials on different colored ramps).

Here's an easy move for starters: press spacebar until it hits the green, let go, and press down arrow key (not too long, or you'll lose control). It will give you a "Superman", worth about 1,500 points (if performed correctly).

Written By: snozberries on 11/13/07 at 2:47 pm

okay jason so how do you play in a pop up? I haven't been able to figure that out.

Written By: nally on 11/13/07 at 3:27 pm

okay jason so how do you play in a pop up? I haven't been able to figure that out.

You can't do that anymore. On the old version of the arcade (from last year), you could play in a separate window, but not anymore.

Written By: snozberries on 11/13/07 at 5:15 pm

well bummer

Written By: nally on 11/13/07 at 6:02 pm

well bummer

Yeah, Chucky made some upgrades to the Arcade after there were so many strange errors happening with it.

Written By: snozberries on 11/13/07 at 6:04 pm

Yeah, Chucky made some upgrades to the Arcade after there were so many strange errors happening with it.

That must've been before I got totally addicted to this board. Back when I posted once or twice a month...  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 11/13/07 at 8:06 pm

You can't do that anymore. On the old version of the arcade (from last year), you could play in a separate window, but not anymore.

You could yes.  It made it so easy to play some of the games in the arcade.  Also, you used to be able to right click within a game to bring up a menu with options for Flash that let you go forward, restart, etc which made it easy to cheat on some of the games (how else did you think I got that skiprock score?) LOL

Written By: snozberries on 11/13/07 at 9:39 pm

You could yes.  It made it so easy to play some of the games in the arcade.  Also, you used to be able to right click within a game to bring up a menu with options for Flash that let you go forward, restart, etc which made it easy to cheat on some of the games (how else did you think I got that skiprock score?) LOL

Oh now that we can't beat it the truth comes out huh!  ::) Gee thanks.

Written By: whistledog on 11/13/07 at 11:15 pm

Oh now that we can't beat it the truth comes out huh!   ::) Gee thanks.

Everyone was getting the same score, and when I accidentally found out that trick, I figure I'd break the mold and beat the 100 some scores that were all the same LOL

That game sucked anyway and is long gone now ;D

Written By: nally on 11/14/07 at 10:51 am

That right-click menu thingy was helpful on the Top Banana game when you got stuck.

Written By: whistledog on 11/14/07 at 10:43 pm

That right-click menu thingy was helpful on the Top Banana game when you got stuck.

Indeed it was.  That's the main thing that I miss about the right click feature.  It made it easy to reset that game if you got a bad board

Written By: nally on 11/14/07 at 10:46 pm

Indeed it was.  That's the main thing that I miss about the right click feature.  It made it easy to reset that game if you got a bad board

or if you found yourself completely surrounded by already-traversed squares and there was literally no way out. I think the thing to do nowadays is either 1) hit the refresh button, 2) hit the "Play" link on top, or 3) hit the back button, then the forward button again........ anything to reload the game.

Written By: whistledog on 11/14/07 at 10:50 pm

or if you found yourself completely surrounded by already-traversed squares and there was literally no way out

I totally forgot about that.  Yes, if you got stuck, you could use the right click to just end the game and you could still register your score

Written By: nally on 11/14/07 at 10:54 pm

I totally forgot about that.  Yes, if you got stuck, you could use the right click to just end the game and you could still register your score

...which I often did. I remember the first time that happened to me, I asked "How do I get out of this situation?" and I think you gave me the right-clicking tip. As I recall, it was the "go back" option on the right-click menu that got us out of a bad board, or "go forward" to register the score.

Written By: loki 13 on 12/28/07 at 5:20 pm

Can someone please explain Renault MrX to me? I travel around the track with a full throttle
without letting up at all and all I can manage is a 19:02 second lap. I've seen scores of 18 and
16, hell even Henk has 1. How is anyone obtaining these times, what am I missing?  ???

Written By: Red Ant on 12/28/07 at 8:30 pm

Can someone please explain Renault MrX to me? I travel around the track with a full throttle
without letting up at all and all I can manage is a 19:02 second lap. I've seen scores of 18 and
16, hell even Henk has 1. How is anyone obtaining these times, what am I missing?  ???

I have no idea how this game scores. The lap times are more like 20 seconds a lap and the minutes start with 19, so with 3 laps most of the scores are 1901. It probably should go for being lame and uplayed, but take a shot at it.

I scored 1902 by running slower than 1901, so I'd say it's reverse scored, but I beat Henk's admitted time which gave him a score of 1.  ???

Ant

Written By: loki 13 on 12/28/07 at 9:09 pm

I have no idea how this game scores. The lap times are more like 20 seconds a lap and the minutes start with 19, so with 3 laps most of the scores are 1901. It probably should go for being lame and uplayed, but take a shot at it.

I scored 1902 by running slower than 1901, so I'd say it's reverse scored, but I beat Henk's admitted time which gave him a score of 1.  ???

Ant

Your right, I was averaging 21 seconds per lap, the 19 was completely confusing me. My best time is 1:04 seconds I think,
it looked like this...19:01:04:20 which gave me  score of 1901. That problem solved, it still leaves us with; where did the other
scores come from?

Written By: Henk on 12/29/07 at 2:00 am

I haven't played the game in eons, so I really couldn't tell how I got that score. There's no way I could've made the fastest lap, I know that for sure, so the game probably has reverse scoring. So 1 = really, really, really super uber bad. I think.

Written By: wildcard on 12/29/07 at 11:05 am

I kept grtting 1601 or 2.  didn't matter when I just sat there for a minute, stayed moastly on the track, or cut through the grass.  The game isn't reverse score

Written By: loki 13 on 12/29/07 at 2:58 pm

I kept grtting 1601 or 2.  didn't matter when I just sat there for a minute, stayed moastly on the track, or cut through the grass.  The game isn't reverse score

I just ran a test, I purposely ran 1:00+ min. laps and wound up with the top spot at 1903, my actual time was 3:09:03.

I still don't get the 18 or 16 numbers, 19 seems to be the number I start with and keep it throughout the game because
the final time of my last game was 19:03:09:03. I like the driving games, I just wish I could figure the scoring out.

Written By: nally on 01/05/08 at 12:11 am

Okay, so how does one play the game "Maze Frenzy" (http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=highscore;game=337)?

There are no instructions, and all I see is a red dot, which I cannot seem to move around, whether it be via the mouse OR the keyboard. I'm confused. :-\\

Written By: snozberries on 01/05/08 at 1:12 am

can anyone give me the pattern for Ledix level 6....its been driving me nuts for a year now!

Written By: loki 13 on 01/05/08 at 9:41 am

Okay, so how does one play the game "Maze Frenzy" (http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=highscore;game=337)?

There are no instructions, and all I see is a red dot, which I cannot seem to move around, whether it be via the mouse OR the keyboard. I'm confused. :-\\

Click on the red dot, move the mouse to move the dot. You have to stay in the lighter area of the maze, hit the darker
blue area the game ends. thing is, you have to find the right spot on the dot to start the game.

Written By: nally on 01/05/08 at 1:54 pm

Click on the red dot, move the mouse to move the dot. You have to stay in the lighter area of the maze, hit the darker
blue area the game ends. thing is, you have to find the right spot on the dot to start the game.

Thanks Kevin! I seemed to get it. It's kinda tricky playing it on a laptop, though. Also, I think it might have "backwards" scoring, as it involves a timer that starts with zero and counts ascendingly.

Written By: nally on 01/07/08 at 2:00 pm

Okay...I've just started playing this game called WS16...and it's one of those six-shooter games. How does one reload? Seems like after I use up my six shots, I'm left without gunfire until the time runs out.

Written By: Red Ant on 01/07/08 at 2:37 pm

Okay...I've just started playing this game called WS16...and it's one of those six-shooter games. How does one reload? Seems like after I use up my six shots, I'm left without gunfire until the time runs out.

The spacebar reloads the gun.

Ant

Written By: nally on 01/07/08 at 2:40 pm

The spacebar reloads the gun.

Ant

So all I need to do is hit the spacebar then? Thank you so much! O0 (karma + 1)

How'd you find that out?

Written By: Red Ant on 01/07/08 at 5:28 pm

So all I need to do is hit the spacebar then? Thank you so much! O0 (karma + 1)

How'd you find that out?

You're welcome.

It's been a while since I first played that game, so I'm not sure. Spacebar is a fairly standard control in a lot of games, so I try it whenever the directions are lacking.

Ant

Written By: whistledog on 01/07/08 at 6:18 pm

ws16.  I think that's one I set a super score in, but I don't remember

EDIT:  Yes it was.  I do remember that game.  That score I got was super challenging.  I am tempted to unseat myself lol

Written By: Red Ant on 01/07/08 at 8:00 pm

ws16.  I think that's one I set a super score in, but I don't remember

EDIT:  Yes it was.  I do remember that game.  That score I got was super challenging.  I am tempted to unseat myself lol

Those stupid fishbones ruin everything, lol.

I unseated myself in that Zombie game on the last page today. Almost doubled my score. I'm going to try to break 50k.

No doubt a few other people will try as well, heh heh

Ant

Written By: nally on 08/30/11 at 5:17 pm

The "Retroception" game (this one) seems very difficult; I cannot seem to score a point at all in that one. :-\\ It involves "disappearing targets", and you have to click on where they were to get a point. I have tried that, time and again, and apparently I'm missing something. Also, it auto-registers your score.

Written By: wildcard on 08/30/11 at 8:07 pm

97 on that game in the past.  Error I believe, past lever 1, did about 3 targets in level 2 and it said I had a score of zero.

Written By: King Tut on 08/30/11 at 8:14 pm

The "Retroception" game (this one) seems very difficult; I cannot seem to score a point at all in that one. :-\\ It involves "disappearing targets", and you have to click on where they were to get a point. I have tried that, time and again, and apparently I'm missing something. Also, it auto-registers your score.

I just tried that one, it isn't easy. You are doing the right thing, click on where you think they were. That is exactly what I did. There is also a time factor. I'd suggest you keep trying.

Written By: King Tut on 08/30/11 at 8:15 pm

For the game "100 meters". How do you run fast? I just keep tapping on every single alphabetical key on my keyboard like a deranged maniac  ;D ;D
I seem to be doing well at the game, but there must be another way.

There are lots of games I don't understand. :(

Written By: whistledog on 08/30/11 at 8:41 pm

For the game "100 meters". How do you run fast? I just keep tapping on every single alphabetical key on my keyboard like a deranged maniac  ;D ;D
I seem to be doing well at the game, but there must be another way.

I broke the spacebar on my keyboard trying to get the 100 meters high score LOL

Written By: whistledog on 08/30/11 at 9:09 pm

I see I am still champion of many games.

My old score on Raiden 2: Part 1 is 4209300.  If anyone can tell me how I got that score, that would be great because I am not as good at it as I used to be lol

Written By: wildcard on 08/30/11 at 10:36 pm

^ I see you still have 100's of duplicate scores in 100's of games.

Written By: King Tut on 08/30/11 at 10:39 pm

I see I am still champion of many games.

you are amazing at those games.

I broke the spacebar on my keyboard trying to get the 100 meters high score LOL

I don't even use the spacebar for that game.

Written By: whistledog on 08/31/11 at 10:33 pm

^ I see you still have 100's of duplicate scores in 100's of games.

If you beat my Raiden scores, I will consider getting rid of my duplicate scores :D :P

Written By: wildcard on 09/01/11 at 12:29 am

not tonight, I already killed myself in the game room

Written By: King Tut on 09/03/11 at 5:03 pm

Hints for 100 meters

I keep pounding the crap out of the 2nd row of letters on the keyboard (ASDFGHJKL) and it gives me my highest scores, usually between 7.8 to 7.9 something.

Written By: King Tut on 09/05/11 at 5:12 pm

For the Millionaire game, if you're aren't an American ( like me), it's exponentially very hard to get to the Million, too many American based questions, but that is the nature of that game...live with it..

Check for new replies or respond here...