inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Boast your LOW scores

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 02/18/06 at 8:42 pm

Much easier to do ha ha

I am tied with W-Dog with a low score of ZERO in MahJong

Sure, there were moves I *could* have made, but I was never gonna win....why ?

Check out what was under the top tile  ::) :P :P :P :o

Subject: Re: Boast your LOW scores

Written By: whistledog on 02/18/06 at 9:35 pm

Much easier to do ha ha

I am tied with W-Dog with a low score of ZERO in MahJong

Sure, there were moves I *could* have made, but I was never gonna win....why ?

Check out what was under the top tile  ::) :P :P :P :o

I get moves like those all the time in Mahjong  :\'(

Written By: rich1981 on 02/18/06 at 9:46 pm

^ I reset everytime that happens.

What I did get frustrated about was Aussie Santa's always submitting the score after the game is over. My lowest score is 1 ;D I think.

Written By: nally on 02/19/06 at 12:15 am

^ I reset everytime that happens.

As do I. A layout like that is impossible to clear.

I never submit a score of zero on any game.

Written By: nally on 02/19/06 at 12:28 am

As for "LOW" scores, I have quite a few on Colorboxes. That's because I cleared the board real fast, and your score is measured by how much time it takes you to clear the board. That's crazy.

Written By: whistledog on 02/19/06 at 12:45 am

As for "LOW" scores, I have quite a few on Colorboxes. That's because I cleared the board real fast, and your score is measured by how much time it takes you to clear the board. That's crazy.

Sure is crazy

I have the Lowest score in 100m Dash.  I should have the trophy in that game, but the scoring is messed up like Color Boxes :\'(

Written By: Red Ant on 02/19/06 at 12:46 am

My Booya score is zero (the scoring is broken).

Also, while I don't have the lowest score in Typing Master I think 7 is sufficiently pathetic for an honest attempt.  :-[

Written By: nally on 02/19/06 at 12:59 am

[quote author=whis

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 02/19/06 at 7:03 am

I haven't been able to reach higher than 1 on Aussie Santa.

Written By: Red Ant on 02/19/06 at 7:28 am

I haven't been able to reach higher than 1 on Aussie Santa.

Really? Once you click him you continue clcking him to keep him off of the ground for as long as possible. Same with Keepy Upper and Soccer.

Written By: FaultyDog on 02/19/06 at 7:50 am

Last time I checked, I was still dead last on Color Boxes (much to my own surprise). Should anyone beat me, I don't think I can or will reclaim the "title".

Written By: nally on 02/19/06 at 2:10 pm

Last time I checked, I was still dead last on Color Boxes (much to my own surprise). Should anyone beat me, I don't think I can or will reclaim the "title".

Then you should be the true champion, since you cleared the board fastest.

Written By: whistledog on 02/19/06 at 2:13 pm

What you should do is leave Color Boxes idle for like weeks on end to set a score like super high.  Technically you do have the "Best" Color Boxes score.  You might as well have the trophy too :)

Written By: nally on 02/19/06 at 2:14 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: whistledog on 02/19/06 at 2:16 pm

I wonder what the person who designed that game was thinking. ::)

He was probably drinking while he was thinking ;D

Written By: nally on 02/19/06 at 2:20 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: whistledog on 02/19/06 at 4:16 pm

I don't think it would be the creator of this game so much as the fact that all scoreboards here display from highest to lowest. If there were a way to reverse the order on some, then the games themselves would work quite well. In fact, it's quite obvious by the design of color boxes (eg, the "very slow player" message) that this reverse scoring was not intended.

I think it could be some kind of bug with the software or something.  I have seen Color Boxes on other sites, and it has proper scoring

Written By: EthanM on 02/19/06 at 6:17 pm

I suddenly started getting zeroes in the barty game. Have the controls changed?

Written By: whistledog on 02/19/06 at 6:19 pm

I suddenly started getting zeroes in the barty game. Have the controls changed?

I saw your zeros.  What happened there?

Written By: EthanM on 02/19/06 at 8:38 pm

I pressed the up button, and nothing happened, so I crashed. It started working again, but I can't challenge for the high score until I figure out the black feathers.

Written By: whistledog on 02/19/06 at 8:53 pm

I pressed the up button, and nothing happened, so I crashed. It started working again, but I can't challenge for the high score until I figure out the black feathers.

It's hard to get used to the black feathers.  It switches the directional keys with the space bar.  Then when you get the black feather again, it returns them to normal.  I find it's easier to drop multiple bones with the up arrow

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/19/06 at 9:13 pm

I got a 1 playing Ball.  Yay!

I can't figure out that thing for the life of me.

Written By: whistledog on 02/19/06 at 9:50 pm

I got a 1 playing Ball.  Yay!

I can't figure out that thing for the life of me.

You have to tilt the boards really slowly.  The ball will only go into the hole at a very slow speed.  It honestly gets easier once you get the hang of it :)

Written By: Tam on 02/22/06 at 6:56 pm

I completely suck at Crash Test Danny!!! LOL

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/24/06 at 4:43 pm

I currently hold the lowest average on Shut The Box with 3.

Written By: FaultyDog on 02/24/06 at 5:11 pm

I currently hold the lowest average on Shut The Box with 3.

I stand in awe...

Written By: whistledog on 02/24/06 at 6:48 pm

I suck at 1992, which is strange, becuase it's nothing more than a clone of the 80's game 1942, a game I used to be good at.

Actually, I was good at 1941, 1942, 1943 and 19XX: Battle Against Destiny

Written By: nally on 03/04/06 at 1:13 am

I've never gotten a zero score on any Arcade game.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/22/06 at 6:43 pm

My score for Easter Eggs is 1 but that is because when I played, the controls didn't seem to work (I was using the mouse but maybe it takes the arrow keys). The first egg fell into the basket but since I couldn't move, that was all I could do.  :-\\

Cat

Written By: nally on 08/30/07 at 3:38 pm

I've never gotten a zero score on any Arcade game.

...and since I made that post, I did get a zero score on one game: Hexxagon (last June).

Lately I've been playing this game called 'Foghorn Leghorn', which is very similar to a game known as 'Collapse' on other sites, and I've been getting some relatively low scores on that one. :-\\

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/31/07 at 5:53 am

Many a time I have scored 0 in a game in The Arcade, especially when the game starts straight away when you are not prepared for it.

Written By: nally on 08/31/07 at 10:30 am

I never like to register a zero score.

I think there are some games in which a negative score is possible, for I have seen such scores registered on some games.

Written By: whistledog on 09/04/07 at 8:36 pm

That one breakout game .. i forget what it's called (it's black and white with the score in giant letters in the background).  I get zeros in that all the time, because the game begins right away, and the game window extends below so I have to scroll

Written By: wildcard on 09/04/07 at 10:15 pm

That one breakout game .. i forget what it's called (it's black and white with the score in giant letters in the background).  I get zeros in that all the time, because the game begins right away, and the game window extends below so I have to scroll

I think I've gotten higher on that once out of pure luck.  I have the same window problem

Written By: nally on 01/22/08 at 1:36 pm

Lately I have been playing Bloody Pingu on a regular basis...I know that if you don't whack the penguin at all, it's a zero...if you whack him weakly, he won't go very far at all and you'll get something in the 26-to-30 point range; I never register those scores, as it gives you an opportunity to "try again"; I always select that option if I get a LOW score.

Written By: ninny on 01/22/08 at 8:20 pm

Lately I have been playing Bloody Pingu on a regular basis...I know that if you don't whack the penguing at all, it's a zero...if you whack him weakly, he won't go very far at all and you'll get something in the 26-to-30 point range; I never register those scores, as it gives you an opportunity to "try again"; I always select that option if I get a LOW score.

This is so true half the time I miss the Penguin or don't get it over those spikes,so I never record those scores. The only time I record my score is if it is a personal high score for me,or if I just want to compare it to other people's score (Of course you get the occasional game that automatically records your score when the game is finished,no matter how good or bad you due)

Written By: Red Ant on 01/22/08 at 8:26 pm

I think Fla Jong was the game of the day yesterday or the day before. I tried it, and thinking perhaps it was reverse scored I hit submit. I hold the low score of 0 in that game, lol.

Ant

Written By: nally on 01/22/08 at 10:00 pm

This is so true half the time I miss the Penguin or don't get it over those spikes,so I never record those scores. The only time I record my score is if it is a personal high score for me,or if I just want to compare it to other people's score (Of course you get the occasional game that automatically records your score when the game is finished,no matter how good or bad you due)

Yeah, some games give you the opportunity to try again. I like that idea.

Check for new replies or respond here...