inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 501 Darts

Written By: Southern Image on 02/27/06 at 12:51 pm

I don't get it. Isn't the lowest score possible to reach 501 the winner? YET it takes over 500 shots to be deemed winner. Is this game messed up or what?

Subject: Re: 501 Darts

Written By: whistledog on 02/27/06 at 1:09 pm

I don't get it. Isn't the lowest score possible to reach 501 the winner? YET it takes over 500 shots to be deemed winner. Is this game messed up or what?

The scoring in the game is broken yes.  There are several games in the Arcade just like it (Color Boxes, 100m Dash, Conun Drum ...)

Written By: FaultyDog on 02/27/06 at 4:27 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: nally on 02/27/06 at 4:29 pm

"Broken" is too big a word IMO - the scores are merely listed in reverse order.

Just like Colorboxes... the scores are listed descendingly, like most all the other games, but your score depends on how much time it takes you to clear the board.

Written By: Trimac20 on 03/02/06 at 3:50 am

I thought 100m dash was a 'trick' game... I.e. it was actually the person with the most patience, who completed the race in the LONGEST time (after about 45 sec, the scoring got all screwed up tho).

Written By: MERV SKILTON on 12/22/06 at 9:27 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=play;game=135
DART'S 501.. I discovered this game today.. and now I am the champ.. try beating my score of 17 throws.. yes I spent a bit of time in pubs!!

Written By: nally on 12/22/06 at 9:54 pm

Congratulations, Merv. I could never figure out how to play that game.

Check for new replies or respond here...