inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Your Favorite/Least Favorite Inthe00s.com Arcade Game

Written By: Red Ant on 03/26/06 at 12:29 am

Well, we haven't had a thread to mention best/worst or liked/disliked games here, so I'm starting one.

Favorite Game: Probably Card Toss, it's more a game of skill than speed and the competition from Whistle Dog was awesome for the better part of a week.

Least Favorite Games: Aside from the ones that won't load on IE and the broken ones, Aussie Santa is probably my least favorite game here. Fisher is also boring as heck.

Subject: Re: Your Favorite/Least Favorite Inthe00s.com Arcade Game

Written By: La Roche on 03/26/06 at 12:32 am

Aussie Santa is probably my least favorite game here.

;) It's my favourite.

Written By: whistledog on 03/26/06 at 12:40 am

I'd say my favourite is a tie between Tennis STE (aka Garage Door Tennis) and Twin Sonice (aka Twins on Ice).  I am so very good at both games, plus it's fun trying to beat my own scores (I'm getting no competition from anyone, so I only CAN beat my own scores LOL)

My least favourite would be Aussie Santa.  Can't stand that game

Favorite Game: Probably Card Toss, it's more a game of skill than speed and the competition from Whistle Dog was awesome for the better part of a week.

I place Card Toss in my top 3.  Ordinarily, it would be my favourite too, but that wind just gets me so pissed off LOL

Written By: whistledog on 03/26/06 at 1:02 am

I know how you feel. Some of my scores from early January are still holding.

I haven't been much in the arcades the past few weeks but rest assured that I will be later today. If I don't nab back a few titles I will put the ones I have out of reach forever. MWHAHAHA!  ;D

In case you were wondering, I mapped out all the specs I needed to built a mouse that auto-clicked over 100,000,000 times a minute. However, I've run into a bit of trouble in procuring the weapons-grade Plutonium I need to make it work.  ;)

I think my Shooting Gallery score might be in danger of defeat then?  :o

You should attempt to beat my Twins on Ice score.  I want a challenge in that game.  I keep on beating my own scores, but how long can that last before I get bored ;D

Written By: whistledog on 03/26/06 at 1:58 am

It would help if I knew how to get around getting stuck on mismatches

Those three on the right are your reserve Penguins.  Only use them when you can't possibly make a match .. the best time which usually is when there is just one penguin left, and you don't want to risk drawing another one.

Once you get good hand eye co-ordination going, you can race through the levels really fast making moves without even thinking about them.  Plus .. something I just realized the other day.  You can pair up the 2 and the 1/14 Penguins.  For some reason, I never saw the 1 there before ;D

Written By: nally on 03/26/06 at 1:59 am

My favourites (for the moment) are Znax, Tetris, Blix, Pac-Man, and Wheel Of Fortune.

My least favourites (for the moment) which I've played are Colorboxes (due to "backwards scoring") and TetrisV2 (because it has a boring setup, and it doesn't tell you how many lines you've made).

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/04/06 at 11:32 am

My most and least favourite game is Copter. Can you believe how many times I tried beating whistledog's score (of 3074)? And I got so close on the 11th try (2700 or thereabouts), before an hour of mediocre scores. And I still haven't beaten it (though I've scored 3250 before).

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/04/06 at 10:30 pm

my favorite game (and the only one that I usually play nowadays) is Valinetile.

Written By: nally on 04/08/06 at 7:02 pm

my favorite game (and the only one that I usually play nowadays) is Valinetile.

I started playing that one just the other night. It's like a Valentine's Day version of Mahjong. 8)

Written By: nally on 10/13/06 at 2:57 pm

My favourites (for the moment) are Znax, Tetris, Blix, Pac-Man, and Wheel Of Fortune.

I have a new favourite to add to my list: Top Banana! :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/11/06 at 2:52 am

It was not till recently I added Flash Tiles to my Favourites.

Written By: whistledog on 11/11/06 at 4:13 am

Tennis STE is still my favourite.  It's not a game based on luck and it's impossible to cheat on it.  It requires good hand eye co-ordination and it is very challenging 8)

Written By: nally on 11/11/06 at 1:40 pm

I haven't bookmarked any "Favourites" in the games yet...but if I did, Tetris and Mumu and Znax would be among them.

Check for new replies or respond here...