inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Longest Reign at the top?

Written By: whistledog on 11/16/06 at 3:57 am

What is the longest that you held the top position in one of the games?

My longest reign(s) are "Triathalon" and "Asteroids" which I both got on January 10, 2006 and surprisingly still have.  The very first top score I had was "Sk8 Prison" (January 6, 2006), but I unseated myself several times after ;D

I also reached the top in "Tetris" on January 7 of '06, and was finally defeated in June by some dude named KitKat

Subject: Re: Longest Reign at the top?

Written By: tomario on 11/16/06 at 5:11 am

been top on cheetah racing since feb 06
02-02-2006, 16:34:10  :D

Written By: nally on 11/16/06 at 11:18 am

The longest crown I've had thus far has been on Quix. I've been the champ of that game since Valentine's Day...so that was nine months ago already! :D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/16/06 at 11:19 am

I've held Solitaire since March.

Written By: La Roche on 11/16/06 at 12:11 pm

Aussie X-Mas since Jan 25th.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/16/06 at 12:24 pm

I have held Jig Saw Monkey  since February 11, 2006, 07:59:14 PM

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/16/06 at 3:35 pm

Slots - March 13, 2006

Cat

Written By: FaultyDog on 11/16/06 at 4:06 pm

Blix - since January 13, 2006.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/16/06 at 4:10 pm

Have we been playing these games for this long now?

Written By: whistledog on 11/16/06 at 6:45 pm

Have we been playing these games for this long now?

it would appear so

It's coming on close to a year that we've had the arcade

Written By: nally on 11/29/06 at 5:15 pm

it would appear so

It's coming on close to a year that we've had the arcade

Yes...I believe we got it back in January. Right now, though, we don't have it at all.

But that's okay with me for now.

Written By: nally on 01/07/07 at 9:20 pm

Well, we've had the arcade for a wee bit more than a year now...and Marsh (formerly known as YWN, Sheth, Strawberry Fields) has the longest reign at the top with his score on Duck Hunt, which he's held for a whole year.

Written By: whistledog on 01/07/07 at 9:27 pm

Well, we've had the arcade for a wee bit more than a year now...and Marsh (formerly known as YWN, Sheth, Strawberry Fields) has the longest reign at the top with his score on Duck Hunt, which he's held for a whole year.

In a technical sense, I have the longest reign at the top.  I've held the top score in Sk8 Prison since January 6 (Marsh got Duck Hunt on January 7), but I keep on getting better scores, and no one has ever dethroned me MWHAHA

Written By: nally on 01/07/07 at 9:28 pm

In a technical sense, I have the longest reign at the top.  I've held the top score in Sk8 Prison since January 6 (Marsh got Duck Hunt on January 7), but I keep on getting better scores, and no one has ever dethroned me MWHAHA

That makes sense, since you dethroned yourself.

I dethroned myself on Tetris in November, toppling a score I had achieved in July.

Written By: whistledog on 01/07/07 at 9:30 pm

That makes sense, since you dethroned yourself.

I dethroned myself on Tetris in November, toppling a score I had achieved in July.

You beat yourself, who beat the person that beat me.  I honestly never thought I'd lose that Tetris score ;D

Written By: nally on 01/07/07 at 9:32 pm

You beat yourself, who beat the person that beat me.  I honestly never thought I'd lose that Tetris score ;D

And the person who unseated you still has not yet made any posts! :o

Written By: whistledog on 01/07/07 at 9:33 pm

And the person who unseated you still has not yet made any posts! :o

There are lots of scorers in the arcade who register just for the games.  Many of them have dethroned a few of my scores  :\'(

Written By: nally on 02/21/07 at 4:12 pm

Well...on Valentine's Day of last year, I achieved a top score on Quix. That crown stood until last nite or so, when ^ finally toppled me.

So now my longest reign on top is my Mumu crown, which has stood since the beginning of last July.

Written By: whistledog on 02/21/07 at 4:17 pm

Well...on Valentine's Day of last year, I achieved a top score on Quix. That crown stood until last nite or so, when ^ finally toppled me.

So now my longest reign on top is my Mumu crown, which has stood since the beginning of last July.

And with that new score you got, You will probably be champ of that game for a very long time :o

My longest reign at the top is now Diamond Chaser (which I have held since January 2006).  It used to be Triathalon, but that game was removed cause it sucked and no one but me was playing it lol

Written By: nally on 02/21/07 at 8:03 pm

And with that new score you got, You will probably be champ of that game for a very long time :o

My longest reign at the top is now Diamond Chaser (which I have held since January 2006).  It used to be Triathalon, but that game was removed cause it sucked and no one but me was playing it lol

I remember that game, but I never played it. ::) There was also a game called KerryBushBash which also got removed; someone had held the top spot on that one since early last year. I guess that game sucked too?

Written By: whistledog on 02/21/07 at 8:05 pm

I remember that game, but I never played it. ::) There was also a game called KerryBushBash which also got removed; someone had held the top spot on that one since early last year. I guess that game sucked too?

That KerryBushBash game sucked so bad, that to say it sucked is being kind lol

Written By: Red Ant on 02/21/07 at 8:07 pm

That KerryBushBash game sucked so bad, that to say it sucked is being kind lol

The dialog was funny the first few times, but of course you are getting sucky scores then 'cause you're figuring out the game. By the time you are good at scoring points, you hate the dialog and wish they'd both just stfu.

Written By: Henk on 01/14/08 at 3:46 pm

OMG... :o...Somebody FINALLY beat Lovechild of Oscar Wilde at Duck Hunt... :D

...which means that from now on I am the King of the Arcade Games!!! 8)

(That is, until somebody unseats me - and somebody will. Eventually.)

Written By: nally on 01/14/08 at 4:01 pm

...which means that from now on I am the King of the Arcade Games!!! 8)

(That is, until somebody unseats me - and somebody will. Eventually.)

under your old account, that is. I notice that when someone takes one of the top ten longest championships, it still remains there, but the amount of time doesn't show up in bold. It remains there until the difference between that amount of time, and the one below it, reaches zero minutes...and it slips below.

Written By: Henk on 01/14/08 at 4:07 pm

under your old account, that is.

A technicality.

I notice that when someone takes one of the top ten longest championships, it still remains there, but the amount of time doesn't show up in bold. It remains there until the difference between that amount of time, and the one below it, reaches zero minutes...and it slips below.

I noticed that too. It means that both Marshal's top score (for "Duck Hunt") and mine (for "Roulette", where I unseated myself) will eventually drop out of the Top 10. Just a matter of time.

Written By: nally on 01/14/08 at 4:10 pm

A technicality.

I noticed that too. It means that both Marshal's top score (for "Duck Hunt") and mine (for "Roulette", where I unseated myself) will eventually drop out of the Top 10. Just a matter of time.

Yup...and when someone finally gets the crown on 'Bloody Pingu', that one'll eventually drop below a game which is currently in the 3rd position (I forget what it's called, but I know that Red Ant is the champ of that game). I don't know why it doesn't just disappear...could be the way that the Arcade was set up.

Written By: whistledog on 01/14/08 at 4:21 pm

Counting the times I've beaten my own scores, I've been champion of ...

Ponx (since January 2006)
Sk8 Prison (January 2006)
Twin Sonice (April 2006)

Of the games that still exist in the arcade from the originals, Sk8 Prison was the first ever championship I got when the Arcade first began

I wonder how long it took this royboy person to get that score.  I got half way to Marsh's score and it took me if (I remember correctly) close to 5 hours

Written By: nally on 01/14/08 at 4:24 pm

Counting the times I've beaten my own scores, I've been champion of ...

Ponx (since January 2006)
Sk8 Prison (January 2006)
Twin Sonice (April 2006)

Of the games that still exist in the arcade from the originals, Sk8 Prison was the first ever championship I got when the Arcade first began

I wonder how long it took this royboy person to get that score.  I got half way to Marsh's score and it took me if (I remember correctly) close to 5 hours

It took me roughly that long to get my best-ever Tetris score, which Katkit Bar yanked away from me last June.

Written By: whistledog on 01/14/08 at 4:32 pm

It took me roughly that long to get my best-ever Tetris score, which Katkit Bar yanked away from me last June.

You need to break yourself off a piece of that KatKit and reclaim your Tetris score lol

Written By: Henk on 01/14/08 at 4:37 pm

Oh man... That would mean royboy has wasted spent about 12 hours, just to get a top score on a game like Duck Hunt?!?  ??? It's insane I tells ya.

Written By: Red Ant on 01/14/08 at 4:41 pm

I've had drag n drop and panic room for nearly 2 years. I see Jason got a 103 in Panic Room... so close.

Ant

Written By: whistledog on 01/14/08 at 4:49 pm

Oh man... That would mean royboy has wasted spent about 12 hours, just to get a top score on a game like Duck Hunt?!?  ??? It's insane I tells ya.

If not longer.  It's such a boring game, it's not even worth playing for a half hour lol

I've had drag n drop and panic room for nearly 2 years. I see Jason got a 103 in Panic Room... so close.

Ant

And I wasn't even aiming to just get another trophy.  I just wanted to knock you off the top so that game would disappear from the longest champions list.  Of all the trophies that I have, I am not in that Top 10 list yet LOL

Written By: Henk on 01/14/08 at 5:11 pm

If not longer.  It's such a boring game, it's not even worth playing for a half hour lol

The game has a glitch, right? No one can keep his aim right for over 12 hours.

And I wasn't even aiming to just get another trophy.  I just wanted to knock you off the top so that game would disappear from the longest champions list.  Of all the trophies that I have, I am not in that Top 10 list yet LOL

That's probably because you keep unseating yourself.

Written By: whistledog on 01/14/08 at 5:19 pm

The game has a glitch, right? No one can keep his aim right for over 12 hours.

The ducks never change speed, so you could keep your aim perfect for as long as you can keep awake playing it.  On the original 80s version for the Nintendo, with each level you advance, the ducks fly faster.  If that challenge was here, it would be a better game that is fun lol

That's probably because you keep unseating yourself.

Kind of makes me which that still counted for longest reigns at the top.  It's like that old saying goes "I've no one to beat but myself" lol

Written By: nally on 01/14/08 at 9:40 pm

Ant

Drag-n-drop, that was it. I knew you'd been holding the top spot on at least two of the games since the Arcade began in early '06.

Check for new replies or respond here...