inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: whats wrong with the arcade

Written By: Barefoot_Blues on 11/26/06 at 4:29 pm

i keep getting this message

An Error Has Occurred!
Arcade is disabled!
Please edit arcade settings to make it work

Subject: Re: whats wrong with the arcade

Written By: FaultyDog on 11/26/06 at 5:06 pm

i keep getting this message

An Error Has Occurred!
Arcade is disabled!
Please edit arcade settings to make it work

That's because the arcade is no longer there. Well, for the time being, that is. Chucky's moved to another server and now the arcade is been disabled. I'm sure it can and will be fixed shortly, but it's not one of Chucky's top priorities.

Written By: whistledog on 11/26/06 at 6:26 pm

Just as long as I don't lose my high scores, I don't mind waiting for the arcade to come back.

I still got a sore wrist getting that Ponx score  ;D

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/26/06 at 9:09 pm

Just as long as I don't lose my high scores, I don't mind waiting for the arcade to come back.

I still got a sore wrist getting that Ponx score  ;D

I can't guarantee that right now unfortunately.  I have no idea what broke in the server migration.  It's weird, the games that don't track the highscores will load, but the others would not.

Written By: nally on 11/27/06 at 11:54 am

I just now noticed it too. :-\\

But hey, I'm okay with no arcade for now. It'll give me a chance to get caught up on my posting.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/27/06 at 12:01 pm

I can't guarantee that right now unfortunately.  I have no idea what broke in the server migration.  It's weird, the games that don't track the highscores will load, but the others would not.

Do you mean to say that if The Arcade is up and running again, we may have to start scoring all over again?

Written By: nally on 11/27/06 at 12:19 pm

Do you mean to say that if The Arcade is up and running again, we may have to start scoring all over again?

He said something about the games that don't track high scores, which might be the broken ones. Oh yeah, he said that those would load, but the "working" ones wouldn't load. That seems backwards to me.

Written By: Red Ant on 11/27/06 at 9:10 pm

Well, stuff happens. In the event that the old arcade is a total loss, a medal for Jason and I would be enough compensation for me, heh heh.

Written By: whistledog on 12/01/06 at 3:00 am

If anyone wants to get their arcade fix while the inthe00s arcade is offline, they got a similar arcade at the British 80s messageboard Pure 80s Chat

http://www.pure80schat.co.uk/

Written By: nally on 12/01/06 at 1:34 pm

^ Well that's cool, maybe I'll check it out when I have the time. Do you have to register there to play the games?

Written By: whistledog on 12/01/06 at 3:27 pm

^ Well that's cool, maybe I'll check it out when I have the time. Do you have to register there to play the games?

Yep, but it's worth it though.  The messageboard part is cool

Alot of the scores there are real low.  I went there last night and got 8 first place scores within a

Written By: nally on 12/01/06 at 3:31 pm

Yep, but it's worth it though.  The messageboard part is cool

Alot of the scores there are real low.  I went there last night and got 8 first place scores within a

Check for new replies or respond here...