inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Arcade notifications - You lose!

Written By: whistledog on 01/20/07 at 12:15 am

I notice that now when you lose a title in the Arcade, you get an automatic notification about it that looks like this ...

This is automatic notification from Arcade. <member name> is now champion of <title of game> because he/she beat your score. You can try to reclaim title

I like this, cause now I know who beats my scores and when so I don't have to search through the games to see what championships I lost ;D

Subject: Re: Arcade notifications - You lose!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/20/07 at 12:55 am

ya...I got one today from a doctorhamsandwich!! :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/20/07 at 2:48 am

I don't think I will be receiving many of these messages, I only hold two titles.

Written By: loki 13 on 01/20/07 at 11:20 am

I don't know if I like this feature. I don't get many championships but when I do I would like to
hold them for more than 5 minutes.  ;D

Written By: Red Ant on 01/20/07 at 11:50 am

I don't know if I like this feature. I don't get many championships but when I do I would like to
hold them for more than 5 minutes.  ;D

:-[

It was 20 minutes!

Sympathy karma point for you...

I don't like it either. Everytime I get a tropy now Jason comes back and ganks two.

I thought he was pulling me leg with that "This is automatic notification from Arcade. <member name> is now champion of <title of game> because he/she beat your score. You can try to reclaim title" line. After all, the PM came from him. It's interesting to note that automatic messages do not appear in your outbox.

Written By: nally on 01/20/07 at 1:24 pm

Currently I hold four titles, so chances are that I won't be receiving any of these messages anytime soon. When I finally reclaim the title for Tetris, I'd like to see the look on Katkit's face! >:D

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/20/07 at 1:40 pm

I have been deprived of one of my two titles...

Written By: Red Ant on 01/20/07 at 7:54 pm

I notice that now when you lose a title in the Arcade, you get an automatic notification about it that looks like this ...

I like this, cause now I know who beats my scores and when so I don't have to search through the games to see what championships I lost ;D

I think you got a PM from me today. You and five or six other people.  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 01/20/07 at 8:05 pm

I think you got a PM from me today. You and five or six other people.  ;D

I've been getting PMs from both you and snozberries.  I keep losing my scores ;D :( :D

Written By: Red Ant on 01/20/07 at 8:30 pm

I've been getting PMs from both you and snozberries.  I keep losing my scores ;D :( :D

You just got another one. 2 Deep is history!

Given how freaking bad the lag is I don't think that one is beatable.

Written By: whistledog on 01/20/07 at 9:45 pm

You just got another one. 2 Deep is history!

Given how freaking bad the lag is I don't think that one is beatable.

You can have that score.  The lag is so bad, I'd rather attempt Fisher ;D

Written By: nally on 01/21/07 at 12:51 am

^ ^^ So which of you has the most crowns now?

edit: never mind, I just checked and saw that Ant has 9 more than Whistle.

Written By: whistledog on 01/21/07 at 1:04 am

^ ^^ So which of you has the most crowns now?

edit: never mind, I just checked and saw that Ant has 9 more than Whistle.

Yeah, he's taking all the small trophies away .. the real easy games ;D

Written By: nally on 01/21/07 at 1:05 am

The ones you've had an easy time on?

Written By: whistledog on 01/21/07 at 12:40 pm

The ones you've had an easy time on?

The games that are like the least played.  I should attempt to steal away some of those scores lol

Written By: nally on 01/21/07 at 10:48 pm

The games that are like the least played.  I should attempt to steal away some of those scores lol

Oh yeah. That makes sense. Of the least-played games, it might be easy to get a top score on those, provided that the existing topscore isn't too high.

Tomorrow (Monday) I'm gonna see about reclaiming that Tetris crown...hopefully once and for all.

Written By: whistledog on 01/22/07 at 9:14 pm

I don't like the notifications anymore.  Everytime I see that Red X (the mail icon doesn't show up in the blue color scheme), I keep thinking that it's a message that either snozberries or Red Ant has beaten another one of my scores :\'( ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/23/07 at 6:07 pm

:-[

It was 20 minutes!

Sympathy karma point for you...

I don't like it either. Everytime I get a tropy now Jason comes back and ganks two.

I thought he was pulling me leg with that "This is automatic notification from Arcade. <member name> is now champion of <title of game> because he/she beat your score. You can try to reclaim title" line. After all, the PM came from him. It's interesting to note that automatic messages do not appear in your outbox.

I got one from you.

But I know what you mean about not keeping a title for very long. Whenever I get a really high score on something (that took me FOREVER to get), usually within 2 days someone else beats me. It happened on Bloody Pingu, Slingo Super Slots and the other Slingo slots.  >:( >:( >:(

Cat

Written By: nally on 01/23/07 at 11:47 pm

And now I am a victim. :-[

KatKit has toppled me yet again...and he/she still doesn't have any posts!

Written By: whistledog on 01/24/07 at 12:53 am

And now I am a victim. :-[

KatKit has toppled me yet again...and he/she still doesn't have any posts!

There should be a rule against that.  It's not fair for n00bs to come in and take our scores away.

I caught KatKit the other day editing his/her profile, and I was like "Why would someone with zero posts edit their profile?"

Written By: nally on 01/24/07 at 12:58 am

There should be a rule against that.  It's not fair for n00bs to come in and take our scores away.

Agreed! People should be required to make at least one post before invading the Arcade. >:( I thought ChuckyG imposed something on that...but he lifted it? ???

I caught KatKit the other day editing his/her profile, and I was like "Why would someone with zero posts edit their profile?"

Katkit was editing its profile? I gotta take a look at it.

Written By: Tam on 01/25/07 at 1:26 pm

I think the notification is cool.
Cause I know I sent one to whistledog that he is gonna have hella time trying to get back!

Thanks Jack and Brian! Can't let me keep something for even a day huh? lol

Written By: nally on 01/25/07 at 2:22 pm

I think the notification is cool.

I think so too.

I still think members with 0 posts should not be allowed to access the Arcade, regardless of how long ago they registered.

Written By: whistledog on 01/25/07 at 2:32 pm

I still think members with 0 posts should not be allowed to access the Arcade, regardless of how long ago they registered.

There should be some kind of limit yes.  It's not fair for n00bs to be able to swoop in and steal our scores that we, the long time members work so hard to get

Written By: Tam on 01/25/07 at 2:50 pm

There should be some kind of limit yes.  It's not fair for n00bs to be able to swoop in and steal our scores that we, the long time members work so hard to get

Oh but it is fair for you to swoop in and take away my titles is it??

;D ;D

Written By: whistledog on 01/25/07 at 2:51 pm

Oh but it is fair for you to swoop in and take away my titles is it??

;D ;D

But of course.  It's a great joy in doing so ;D

Written By: nally on 01/25/07 at 8:40 pm

Exactly! Now as soon as I get my Tetris crown back, I don't care if I get dethroned on it as long as it's by a member with a decent # of posts.

Written By: nally on 02/07/07 at 2:25 pm

I just got robbed of two of my crowns. :-[

That's okay with me, as I have no desire to reclaim that of TechnoBounce.

Written By: Red Ant on 02/09/07 at 12:29 am

Come again?  ;D

I set or re-set quite a few new high scores in the past few hours.

I think I like the notification thing now: it's a contest to see how fast I can get back a trophy.  :D

Written By: Red Ant on 02/11/07 at 8:28 pm

"This is automatic notification from Arcade. loki 13 is now champion of Shut The Box because he/she beat your score. You can try to reclaim title"

One problem: loki 13 didn't beat my score, but tied it. It appears now that ties trump the older high score in every game now, which kinda stinks, but oh well.

Written By: nally on 02/11/07 at 8:51 pm

Well...I apparently trounced the old champ of Word Game (sorry, Patty). :-\\

458...that should stand for a while.

Written By: Red Ant on 02/11/07 at 8:58 pm

Well...I apparently trounced the old champ of Word Game (sorry, Patty). :-\\

458...that should stand for a while.

Congrats! You finished with time left on the clock no doubt.

Written By: nally on 02/11/07 at 9:03 pm

Congrats! You finished with time left on the clock no doubt.

Actually, I kept adding time to the clock with each new word I spelled. Have you played that game before? Cuz if you have, then you'd know that the game is over when the clock runs out.

Written By: Red Ant on 02/12/07 at 2:34 pm

Oh man, I've gotten like 14 notifications in the past hour!

..'course, I've sent quite a few too.

Written By: Tam on 02/13/07 at 9:45 pm

This is automatic notification from Arcade. Son Of Tam is now champion of Chaos because he/she beat your score. You can try to reclaim title

As if my own SON steals a title from me!!!!! >:( ;D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/13/07 at 9:51 pm

As if my own SON steals a title from me!!!!! >:( ;D

Time for a MASSIVE grounding. 

Written By: Tam on 02/13/07 at 10:28 pm

Time for a MASSIVE grounding. 

Strange thing is, he has a super slow processor so I have no idea how he is getting the scores he is....
Wait a second, the processor is slow so it slows the game and makes it easier for him perhaps??!!! ???

Written By: nally on 03/23/07 at 5:24 pm

And so, after two months, that dirty rat KatKit (sorry) has snatched my Tetris crown again! >:(

I think people with 0 posts should not be permitted to access Arcade. I know I've said this before, but it's just not fair for n00bs to come and take our scores away, which we worked so hard to achieve.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/23/07 at 5:26 pm

And she worked hard to achieve that score.  So she shouldn't have it wiped away just because you're having a fit.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/23/07 at 5:27 pm

And so, after two months, that dirty rat KatKit (sorry) has snatched my Tetris crown again! >:(

I think people with 0 posts should not be permitted to access Arcade. I know I've said this before, but it's just not fair for n00bs to come and take our scores away, which we worked so hard to achieve.

ZOMG n00bz are taking over!

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/23/07 at 5:28 pm

ZOMG n00bz are taking over!

How dare they!  Burn them at the stake.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/23/07 at 5:30 pm

BTW, I just looked at da rulez and it doesn't say anything about n00bz being barred from playing in the arcade, or even something that says you gotta post just because you joined da board.  Haxxorz!!!11!1OMGn00bz!1!1!

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/23/07 at 5:32 pm

BTW, I just looked at da rulez and it doesn't say anything about n00bz being barred from playing in the arcade, or even something that says you gotta post just because you joined da board.  Haxxorz!!!11!1OMGn00bz!1!1!

OMFGWTFBBQLOL!!11!!11!!!111

Written By: nally on 03/23/07 at 5:33 pm

Well, back in January, Chuck did banish postless peoples from the Arcade...but later that month, when the Arcade was upgraded, that all changed.

Written By: whistledog on 03/23/07 at 5:33 pm

http://media.urbandictionary.com/image/large/n00b-26.jpg

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/23/07 at 5:34 pm

Well, back in January, Chuck did banish postless peoples from the Arcade...but later that month, when the Arcade was upgraded, that all changed.

And now they can play there.  So just accept it like all the rest of us have had to. 

http://media.urbandictionary.com/image/large/n00b-26.jpg

;D  ;D  ;D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/23/07 at 5:36 pm

Oooh, I gots an idea!  Let's make it so that members have to have 50 posts in order to play in the Arcade!  Then they'll post 50 really useless posts to go along with the 3294792852 other useless posts on this board before they can get a high score in Tetris!

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/23/07 at 5:37 pm

Oooh, I gots an idea!  Let's make it so that members have to have 50 posts in order to play in the Arcade!  Then they'll post 50 really useless posts to go along with the 3294792852 other useless posts on this board before they can get a high score in Tetris!

Make it 1,000 posts instead.  That'll teach 'em.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/23/07 at 5:38 pm

Make it 1,000 posts instead.  That'll teach 'em.

Well, if they post anything like Philip they'll get there in no time :)

Written By: nally on 03/23/07 at 5:39 pm

And now they can play there.  So just accept it like all the rest of us have had to. 

;D  ;D  ;D

It's going to be difficult. But I still gotta get my revenge on that there Kat Kit.

LOL!
Actually it doesn't matter what game it is. It could be Blix, or Ballo, or Mumu, or Roulette, anything.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/23/07 at 5:39 pm

Well, if they post anything like Philip they'll get there in no time :)

They can just sit in the PBG for 5 hours.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/23/07 at 5:40 pm

It's going to be difficult. But I still gotta get my revenge on that there Kat Kit.
Actually it doesn't matter what game it is. It could be Blix, or Ballo, or Mumu, or Roulette, anything.

So then why get all huffy?  Just freakin' deal with it and move on already.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/23/07 at 5:40 pm

They can just sit in the PBG for 5 hours.

I bet if they removed post countability in that board that about 100 members would suddenly crap their pants simultaneously ;D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/23/07 at 5:41 pm

I bet if they removed post countability in that board that about 100 members would suddenly crap their pants simultaneously ;D

I've thought about PMing Chucky and asking if he can turn the post count off in there.  This is the only forum I belong to that has no part of the board with post counts turned off.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/23/07 at 5:42 pm

I've thought about PMing Chucky and asking if he can turn the post count off in there.  This is the only forum I belong to that has no part of the board with post counts turned off.

Probably a software limitation if it can't be turned off.

Written By: nally on 03/23/07 at 5:44 pm

So then why get all huffy?  Just freakin' deal with it and move on already.

I will. Just as soon as I move it on M C Hammers' Pants. ;D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/23/07 at 5:44 pm

Oooh, so clever. 

Written By: whistledog on 03/23/07 at 5:54 pm

that there?  Gee Jethro, them English classes been doin' you some good.  Now go git cleaned up.  Uncle Jed say Granny gon' scrape us some road kill for chow :D

Written By: nally on 03/23/07 at 5:56 pm

that there?  Gee Jethro, them English classes been doin' you some good.  Now go git cleaned up.  Uncle Jed say Granny gon' scrape us some road kill for chow :D

Oh, then are we gon' take a dip in the cee ment pond? ;D :D

Written By: nally on 03/24/07 at 12:29 am

Well, I was just playing a round of Tetris and I broke a million again.... but I didn't quite make it. So I'll try again tomorrow.

Written By: nally on 03/24/07 at 10:57 pm

Well, I was just playing a round of Tetris and I broke a million again.... but I didn't quite make it. So I'll try again tomorrow.

Update...I haven't been very lucky tonight. So I think I might wanna try again on....Wednesday.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/25/07 at 3:30 am

Update...I haven't been very lucky tonight. So I think I might wanna try again on....Wednesday.
A day etched into your diary?

Written By: nally on 03/25/07 at 2:14 pm

A day etched into your diary?

I guess you could look at it that way. I'll be home all day that day, so I figured it might work.

Written By: nally on 04/08/07 at 7:56 pm

And so, I have been stripped of one of my titles (namely, on one of the newer games). I will not say which one, and I do not wish to try and reclaim it.

Written By: loki 13 on 05/03/07 at 4:50 pm

I just signed on and saw that I had three new messages. All three said you are no longer champion of.......

Thing is, I don't rememder playing any of the three games I am no longer champion of.  ;D

Written By: nally on 05/03/07 at 9:08 pm

Ain't it strange when you've played a game a long time ago and totally forgotten about it?

Written By: whistledog on 05/03/07 at 9:39 pm

I just signed on and saw that I had three new messages. All three said you are no longer champion of.......

Thing is, I don't rememder playing any of the three games I am no longer champion of.  ;D

I hear ya.  I get all kinds of notifications for games I don't ever remember playing ;D
When you have over 700 games in the arcade, it can get a big confusing when it comes to games you maybe only played once or twice

Written By: Max Power on 05/10/07 at 10:55 pm

I won't try to reclaim my Fisher title.

Written By: whistledog on 05/10/07 at 11:07 pm

I won't try to reclaim my Fisher title.

I don't think you could if you wanted to.  That game is no longer in the arcade lol

Written By: nally on 06/26/07 at 8:20 pm

Katkit has just snatched away my Tetris crown and I won't be able to get it back until after our home computer gets fixed. >:(

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/25/07 at 4:17 pm

That was one heck of a score, she must have been there for like 30 hours getting that score.

Written By: nally on 07/25/07 at 4:21 pm

Did you happen to see what that score was? Cuz I haven't been to the Arcade in about a month.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/25/07 at 4:29 pm

It was a lot.

Written By: nally on 07/25/07 at 4:31 pm

In that case, I am definitely waiting a long time until I try to topple it again...as I would probably need several hours to do it.

Just outta curiosity, was it something like....along the lines of....39235328902394423619? ;D (j/k)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 08/17/07 at 2:50 pm

Looks like I am no longer the god of Kitten Cannon.  If any of you wish to waste their time getting the high score, be my guest :)

Written By: Barefoot_Blues on 08/17/07 at 3:38 pm

ARGH. Everyones out to get me. I must have had like 6 notices or something. >:(

Thats ok though, I'm gonna sneak attack everyone  ;D

Written By: Red Ant on 08/17/07 at 8:22 pm

ARGH. Everyones out to get me. I must have had like 6 notices or something. >:(

Thats ok though, I'm gonna sneak attack everyone  ;D

In the past 4 months, I've gotten close to 100 of these PMs..most of them from Jason, lol. I see he still hasn't beaten my Card Toss, Demonic Defense, Drag 'n' Drop, McDonalds or Urban Slug high scores... yet. I wish him long hours and near misses in his painful quest to get them from me.  ;D

Ant

Written By: whistledog on 08/17/07 at 8:51 pm

In the past 4 months, I've gotten close to 100 of these PMs..most of them from Jason, lol. I see he still hasn't beaten my Card Toss, Demonic Defense, Drag 'n' Drop, McDonalds or Urban Slug high scores... yet. I wish him long hours and near misses in his painful quest to get them from me.   ;D

Ant

You need to swipe some back from me.  It's not as much fun stealing your scores unless you steal some back :\'(

I actually gave Cardtoss a try the other day, and holy sh*t did I suck.  I am out of practice ;D

Written By: Southern Image on 08/25/07 at 5:18 pm

I'm gonna git you suckas. >:(  Dang, left and right you guys have been attacking me. I'm gonna have to call in the calvary ( my daughter) to redeem my scores. ;D

Written By: whistledog on 08/25/07 at 5:50 pm

I'm gonna git you suckas. >:(  Dang, left and right you guys have been attacking me. I'm gonna have to call in the calvary ( my daughter) to redeem my scores. ;D

I think I took a few of your scores in the last little while :P

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/28/07 at 3:41 pm

Yes, I had a Arcade notifications - You lose! PM waiting for my return, I lost my Zodiac Slots Champion

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/28/07 at 4:30 pm

Yes, I had a Arcade notifications - You lose! PM waiting for my return, I lost my Zodiac Slots Champion

So, am I going to get one from you?

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/28/07 at 4:40 pm

So, am I going to get one from you?

Cat
Not just yet.

Written By: nally on 08/28/07 at 7:04 pm

Oh well, you win some, you lose some. :-\\ You think you might someday get it back?

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/29/07 at 1:25 am

Oh well, you win some, you lose some. :-\\ You think you might someday get it back?
Eventually

Written By: nally on 08/29/07 at 10:32 am

Eventually

Likewise, I hope to someday get back that Tetris crown. Not now, though.

Written By: nally on 09/24/07 at 5:48 pm

Someone should have an Arcade Notification in their inbox pretty soon...

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/25/07 at 3:12 am

Someone should have an Arcade Notification in their inbox pretty soon...
That was me, and I am expecting another one very soon from a different member.

Written By: nally on 09/25/07 at 10:25 am

That was me, and I am expecting another one very soon from a different member.

If someone should dethrone me on that game, I'd really have no desire to try to reclaim the title.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/27/07 at 2:26 am

With the Arcade playing up, I do not think we will be receiving these messages for somewhile.

Written By: nally on 11/02/07 at 4:55 pm

rich1981, who has been a long-running champ of Znax, will receive one of these messages next time he signs in. I just uncrowned him on Znax.

Written By: Red Ant on 11/05/07 at 5:55 pm

rich1981, who has been a long-running champ of Znax, will receive one of these messages next time he signs in. I just uncrowned him on Znax.

Karma for taking such a long held trophy!

Ant

Written By: whistledog on 11/05/07 at 6:27 pm

I get these messages all the time from Wildcard, which is good.  I have too many trophies, and I welcome all to snatch some away from me. 

Some though might be a challenge.  The biggest surprise will be the day I get a message saying someone beat my Twin Sonice score ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/06/07 at 2:50 am

Some though might be a challenge.  The biggest surprise will be the day I get a message saying someone beat my Twin Sonice score ;D
I still keep trying.

Written By: nally on 11/06/07 at 10:41 am

I doubt that it'll be me ;D

Written By: whistledog on 11/06/07 at 11:04 am

I doubt that it'll be me ;D

You could get lucky.  If you play that game enough, you'll get to the top (or close to it) in no time 8)

Written By: nally on 11/06/07 at 11:06 am

You could get lucky.  If you play that game enough, you'll get to the top (or close to it) in no time 8)

I did get fairly close one time. If I'm the one to unseat you, do you think you might try to snatch the crown back again?

Written By: whistledog on 11/06/07 at 11:09 am

I did get fairly close one time. If I'm the one to unseat you, do you think you might try to snatch the crown back again?

Oh of course.  Of all the games in the arcade, Twin Sonice is the one I was most proud of.  Used to be I was more proud of my Tetris score thinking that no one would easily beat it, but you and KatKit easily beat it like a zillion times ;D

Written By: nally on 11/06/07 at 11:18 am

Oh of course.  Of all the games in the arcade, Twin Sonice is the one I was most proud of.  Used to be I was more proud of my Tetris score thinking that no one would easily beat it, but you and KatKit easily beat it like a zillion times ;D

Yes, and Katkit got another high score in Tetris yesterday! >:( While I have said before that it's not fair, I have learned to deal with it. I will not try to yank that crown back until I have a whole day all to myself...because I will probably need 4 hours or so to try to get 1,000 lines. And that will probably not be until sometime in 2008.

Written By: snozberries on 11/13/07 at 12:40 pm

congrats I have been trying to take that title.... btw I'm coming for your word scramble score...consider yourself warned.  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 11/13/07 at 12:41 pm

I get these messages all the time from Wildcard, which is good.  I have too many trophies, and I welcome all to snatch some away from me. 

I'm trying- I'm trying!  ;D

Written By: nally on 11/13/07 at 3:28 pm

congrats I have been trying to take that title.... btw I'm coming for your word scramble score...consider yourself warned.  ;)

Word Scramble, I think, was one of the games I played only one time and got the trophy...must've been beginners luck or something. If you unseat me, I will probably have no desire to regain the crown. However, one of these days I will try to yank that Tetris crown away from Katkit.

Written By: snozberries on 11/13/07 at 5:15 pm

Word Scramble, I think, was one of the games I played only one time and got the trophy...must've been beginners luck or something. If you unseat me, I will probably have no desire to regain the crown. However, one of these days I will try to yank that Tetris crown away from Katkit.

I hope you get that tetris crown back... you can have it I have no patience for the tetris games

Written By: nally on 12/19/07 at 3:19 pm

I hope you get that tetris crown back... you can have it I have no patience for the tetris games

I might try to yank it back sometime in 2008.

Meanwhile, I just got stripped of my crown on Foghorn Leghorn. :-\\

Written By: whistledog on 12/20/07 at 10:17 pm

Meanwhile, I just got stripped of my crown on Foghorn Leghorn. :-\\

You did, and let me say it wasn't easy to beat your score.  If you only knew the amount of scores that i didn't submit ;D

Written By: snozberries on 12/21/07 at 1:53 pm

lol I've been trying to get that one for myself.... it may take a while Jason but watch out!  ;D

Written By: nally on 12/21/07 at 5:14 pm

You did, and let me say it wasn't easy to beat your score.  If you only knew the amount of scores that i didn't submit ;D

There have been scores I've refused to submit too...on various games that I've played. Only because I've found myself in a hole and didn't want to record a low score.

Written By: snozberries on 12/21/07 at 7:09 pm

...and then there are the scores that were submitted because you didn't have a choice.....

Written By: wildcard on 12/21/07 at 10:09 pm

I hate it when I get a lousy score and It has to be submitted

Written By: snozberries on 12/22/07 at 12:50 am

I hate it when I work hard building my high scores and someone who has more number ones than I do ^ goes and takes one of mine  >:(  ::)  ;D

Written By: wildcard on 12/22/07 at 1:17 am

did I do that?

Written By: Henk on 12/22/07 at 2:35 am

Somebody (Hot Rod) beat my highscore on Chaos Theory... :o

That seemed like impossible to me.

Written By: snozberries on 12/22/07 at 2:53 am

Somebody (Hot Rod) beat my highscore on Chaos Theory... :o

That seemed like impossible to me.

yeah I remember you had a pretty high score.  150 is as good as you can get and you were close to that.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/22/07 at 2:57 am

yeah I remember you had a pretty high score.  150 is as good as you can get and you were close to that.
The instructions are in Japanese!

Written By: Henk on 12/22/07 at 3:04 am

That's why it seemed near impossible to me to surpass it. I've tried myself, but I couldn't.

The instructions are in Japanese!

Actually, I think it's Korean.  ;) Didn't bother me much, though...Just a matter of try and error.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/22/07 at 6:02 am

That's why it seemed near impossible to me to surpass it. I've tried myself, but I couldn't.

Actually, I think it's Korean.  ;) Didn't bother me much, though...Just a matter of try and error.
96 at my first attempt, I had no idea what I was doing.

Written By: Henk on 12/22/07 at 8:03 am

Hmm... looks like Red Hot didn't surpass me after all. He/She just equalled my score, so technically I'm still champion.

96 at my first attempt, I had no idea what I was doing.

96 isn't that bad. Just keep on trying. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/22/07 at 8:04 am

96 isn't that bad. Just keep on trying. :)
May be next year...

Written By: nally on 12/24/07 at 12:24 pm

I hate it when I get a lousy score and It has to be submitted

yeah, some games automatically submit your score, whether you want it to or not

Written By: nally on 12/26/07 at 12:29 pm

Oh, I also got my Fireworks crown snatched by the same person. Oh well...he can keep it. I have no desire to reclaim it, but if'n I do, then that's ok too.

Written By: whistledog on 12/27/07 at 11:59 am

I am no longer champion of .... alot of games I don't remember playing

Everytime I get a notification from someone, I don't for the life of me know what game it is unless I click on the title and go and see.  Naw, I don't have alot of Arcade titles.  Honest ;D

Written By: snozberries on 12/27/07 at 2:43 pm

181 to my 44.....yeah that's not a lot  ::)

Written By: nally on 12/27/07 at 10:12 pm

I think I only have 12 titles now. I used to have 14. :(

Written By: snozberries on 12/28/07 at 12:28 pm

I think I only have 12 titles now. I used to have 14. :(

sorry

Written By: nally on 12/28/07 at 3:38 pm

sorry

no need to apologize...you didn't take any away from me ;)

Written By: snozberries on 12/28/07 at 4:16 pm

no need to apologize...you didn't take any away from me ;)

oh I thought maybe I got just one... that's okay I'll get one this week fer sure  ;)  ;D

Written By: nally on 12/29/07 at 3:00 pm

Okay, so for the 3rd time this week, I got another crown snatched away from me...this time it was Mumu, which I've held the top spot on for about a year or so.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/31/07 at 1:11 pm

I have a question that I hope someone can answer for me. How do you know how many champions you hold if you not in the top 10? The arcade stat board only shows the top 10 (the lowest number of champions is 17-which means I would have to hit that # or more to get on the list). Is there a place where I can see what exactly I have? I have looked on my profile but it is not there (like it was at one point in time). I really don't feel like going through all the games counting. Does anyone know the answer to this?

Cat

Written By: whistledog on 12/31/07 at 4:43 pm

Some n00b beat my Autobahn score, which really shocked me.  Guaranteed that when you play Autobahn, those same ones get you all the time, and if you've played it, you know which ones LOL

I figured out how to get past those same ones, but I couldn't figure out how ot get past those other ones ROFL

Written By: Red Ant on 12/31/07 at 5:27 pm

I have a question that I hope someone can answer for me. How do you know how many champions you hold if you not in the top 10? The arcade stat board only shows the top 10 (the lowest number of champions is 17-which means I would have to hit that # or more to get on the list). Is there a place where I can see what exactly I have? I have looked on my profile but it is not there (like it was at one point in time). I really don't feel like going through all the games counting. Does anyone know the answer to this?

Cat

I don't know of any other lists for the arcade other than what's already there. I'll look into it.

In the meantime, just steal some trophies from me to make the top 10. Everyone else has, lol.

Ant

Written By: nally on 12/31/07 at 8:11 pm

I don't know of any other lists for the arcade other than what's already there. I'll look into it.

In the meantime, just steal some trophies from me to make the top 10. Everyone else has, lol.

Ant

I'll try to...but I'm probably not nearly as good at some of the games as you are. ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/01/08 at 3:20 pm

Ant

The thing is, I don't know how many I need to steal win to make the list.  :D ;D

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 01/01/08 at 3:25 pm

The thing is, I don't know how many I need to steal win to make the list.  :D ;D

Cat

be careful Cat I have my eye on your zodiac slots title!!!  ;D

Written By: Henk on 01/01/08 at 3:26 pm

Cat

If you want to know how many trophies you hold (and which ones), you can sort the games by champion (alphabetically). You'd still have to scroll down a couple of pages, I assume.

Written By: nally on 01/01/08 at 3:34 pm

If you want to know how many trophies you hold (and which ones), you can sort the games by champion (alphabetically). You'd still have to scroll down a couple of pages, I assume.

I often do that. That's how I was able to count up how many trophies I had. Of course, I'd have to click on several page numbers before I get to my username...and that often takes a while.

Written By: Henk on 01/01/08 at 3:39 pm

I often do that. That's how I was able to count up how many trophies I had. Of course, I'd have to click on several page numbers before I get to my username...and that often takes a while.

Well, Cat's not gonna have the same problem, her name starting with a c. That's only a couple of pages, I think.

Written By: nally on 01/01/08 at 3:42 pm

Yep...and don't forget, all the champions who've deleted their accounts (or were banned) will show up first, as "Guest", and there might be at least a page of those. I've tried to take some of those championships over the past few months. That Roulette one is quite a challenge, however.

Written By: snozberries on 01/01/08 at 3:46 pm

Cat you have 14 titles... 13 once I nab Zodiac slots  ;) ....  you start on page 3 and carry over to page 4

thanks for letting me know you can sort games that way!

I have been trying to play all the games where I have no scores recorded.... I was going through alphabetically which is a pain.. this will make the task much easier.

Written By: whistledog on 01/01/08 at 3:50 pm

Yep...and don't forget, all the champions who've deleted their accounts (or were banned) will show up first, as "Guest", and there might be at least a page of those. I've tried to take some of those championships over the past few months. That Roulette one is quite a challenge, however.

I almost had that Roulette one the other day but I clicked on the wrong bet by accident and lost it all :\'(

Written By: Henk on 01/01/08 at 3:52 pm

Roulette...? I think that's mine, actually. I was kinda lucky to get that score... I noticed the game wasn't as random as it should be, and one number in particular kept winning. But when I tried it again later, it didn't work anymore. :\'(

I almost had that Roulette one the other day but I clicked on the wrong bet by accident and lost it all :\'(

You should always know when to stop.

Written By: nally on 01/01/08 at 3:53 pm

So were you forced to register a zero score, or could you refresh the browser? Anytime I get a low score on that game, I refresh it. I don't like to end up with less than I started with.

Written By: whistledog on 01/01/08 at 3:54 pm

So were you forced to register a zero score, or could you refresh the browser? Anytime I get a low score on that game, I refresh it. I don't like to end up with less than I started with.

I refreshed before just at the point when I realized that I'd lost lol

Written By: nally on 01/01/08 at 3:54 pm

Roulette...? I think that's mine, actually. I was kinda lucky to get that score... I noticed the game wasn't as random as it should be, and one number in particular kept winning. But when I tried it again later, it didn't work anymore. :\'(

You should always know when to stop.

Yes, you had that championship under your old account.

I've been trying to keep track of where the ball lands on the wheel, and see if there's any pattern to the numbers/colors/ranges/etc (as to where it lands)...but that's not always consistent either.

I refreshed before just at the point when I realized that I'd lost lol

oh good...i know that's one of the many games where you can quit any time you wish

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/01/08 at 4:12 pm

Thanks for letting me how to do it. I was going to check it out but...

Cat you have 14 titles... 13 once I nab Zodiac slots  ;) ....  you start on page 3 and carry over to page 4

thanks for letting me know you can sort games that way!

I have been trying to play all the games where I have no scores recorded.... I was going through alphabetically which is a pain.. this will make the task much easier.

Thanks for finding out for me. Only a few more to get on the top 10-WITH my Zodiac Slots.  :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: nally on 01/09/08 at 4:06 pm

I just unseated someone on Cherry Bomb, a game that is very much like Tetris.

Written By: nally on 02/26/08 at 10:09 pm

Sweet nibbelits...I've just been stripped of my "Word Builder" crown. Oh well, that's ok, I have no real desire to reclaim it.

Written By: loki 13 on 02/29/08 at 7:44 pm

It's bad enough to get the dreaded "You are no longer champion of..." messages, but to get one and
then find out the person who beat you cheated to get the score really drives me up the wall.  >:(

At least they explained how the score was achieved so I shouldn't be too mad.  ;)

Written By: nally on 02/29/08 at 7:50 pm

It's bad enough to get the dreaded "You are no longer champion of..." messages, but to get one and
then find out the person who beat you cheated to get the score really drives me up the wall.  >:(

At least they explained how the score was achieved so I shouldn't be too mad.   ;)

Lol, your pm actually said that the person cheated?? :o :o

Written By: loki 13 on 02/29/08 at 7:59 pm

Lol, your pm actually said that the person cheated?? :o :o

When I got the notification I went to the game to see what score beat mine. The game was MahjonggBH,
doctorhamsandwich almost doubled my score, which should have been impossible in that game. When I viewed
the high scores he explained how to get such a high score.

I refuse to use his method though because there is no real challenge, there are some cheatable games that I'll
play and use the cheat because even using the cheat some skill and luck is required.

Written By: wildcard on 02/29/08 at 9:11 pm

I still have 7 notifications but am not really intrested in getting them back.  I don't want to have all the crowns. 

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/04/08 at 3:06 am

I lost my Fruitabreak crown overnight, and yes it is a game I will try to regain.

Written By: nally on 03/10/08 at 12:31 pm

Someone's not gonna be happy when they found out they've been stripped of their Twin Sonice crown... :-\\ ;) :o

Written By: nally on 04/21/08 at 10:30 am

I just got my Whammy crown snatched away from me >:( :-\\

And the person who unseated me did so by only 10 points.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/21/08 at 11:09 am

Someone's not gonna be happy when they found out they've been stripped of their Twin Sonice crown... :-\\ ;) :o
Back with vengence?

Written By: nally on 04/21/08 at 11:31 am

Back with vengence?

No, that was last month. I'm talking about a different game now.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/21/08 at 11:36 am

No, that was last month. I'm talking about a different game now.
Still going for it?

Written By: nally on 04/21/08 at 11:39 am

Still going for it?

Well, I tried to snatch back my crown about an hour ago, but I got whammied 3 times. :P

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/21/08 at 11:47 am

Well, I tried to snatch back my crown about an hour ago, but I got whammied 3 times. :P
I tried earlier, and was whammied more than3 times!

Written By: nally on 04/21/08 at 11:55 am

I tried earlier, and was whammied more than3 times!

The 4th whammy will knock you out of the game. I never like to accept scores of zero.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/21/08 at 11:57 am

The 4th whammy will knock you out of the game. I never like to accept scores of zero.
I was confused when playing, I will give it another go.

Written By: nally on 04/21/08 at 11:58 am

I was confused when playing, I will give it another go.

It's played just like the game show "Press Your Luck", which was on tv in the U.S. in the 1980's. In 2002-03, GSN revived it with "Whammy", which this game is based on.

Written By: ninny on 04/24/08 at 11:24 am

I just got my Whammy crown snatched away from me >:( :-\\

And the person who unseated me did so by only 10 points.

It could of been 1 point,would that make you feel better.

Written By: nally on 04/24/08 at 1:20 pm

It could HAVE been 1 point,would that make you feel better.

But it was 10...which is fine. Did you unseat yourself again?

Written By: ninny on 04/24/08 at 1:27 pm

But it was 10...which is fine. Did you unseat yourself again?

No.

Written By: nally on 04/24/08 at 1:51 pm

No.

oh, okay then. I'll see if I can play it again this weekend, or maybe on Monday if I'm not too busy with other stuff. I tried playing it yesterday, but I quit after 11 spins and $12,000+ in prizes; I wasn't going to risk losing it all to a whammy.

Written By: nally on 11/10/08 at 3:54 pm

I received one a couple weeks or so ago (for a game that I'd forgotten about for a while)...but I got that crown back less than 24 hours later.

Written By: whistledog on 11/11/08 at 9:14 pm

I'm waiting for a notification that someone has beat my Railway Line score :D

Written By: Tam on 03/25/09 at 11:44 am

I'm waiting for a notification that someone has beat my Railway Line score :D

You'll be waiting a long time! ;D ;D ;D

Written By: nally on 03/25/09 at 11:47 am

You'll be waiting a long time! ;D ;D ;D

That's because said game is no longer in existence! ;D >:D

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/25/09 at 11:59 am

That's because said game is no longer in existence! ;D >:D
I could play that game!

Written By: nally on 03/25/09 at 12:00 pm

I could play that game!

I meant on here. It got taken down because it was too cheatable, I think.

All the same, I miss it too. :-\\

Written By: Tam on 03/25/09 at 12:06 pm

I am kicking the crap out of the arcade today I think. ;D

Jeff - if you get a minute, play worm catcher for me..... let me know how it plays 8)

Written By: nally on 03/25/09 at 12:08 pm

I am kicking the crap out of the arcade today I think. ;D

Jeff - if you get a minute, play worm catcher for me..... let me know how it plays 8)

I've never played that one yet...but I suppose I could try it out.

Written By: Tam on 03/25/09 at 12:10 pm

I've never played that one yet...but I suppose I could try it out.

It gets wonky on me after the first little bit.
My flash is up to date so it isn't that.
If it's the game then it has got to go. 8)

Written By: karen on 03/25/09 at 12:31 pm

It gets wonky on me after the first little bit.
My flash is up to date so it isn't that.
If it's the game then it has got to go. 8)

I just played it for the first time.  Not sure if it went weird or not.  :-\\

Written By: Tam on 03/25/09 at 12:47 pm

I just played it for the first time.  Not sure if it went weird or not.  :-\\

When I play it, it starts out pretty normal, but then all of a sudden the fish slows down and things don't swim onto the page, they just appear and I die.
And I mean it reaaaaaally slows down.

Written By: wildcard on 03/25/09 at 8:03 pm

oh worm catcher with the fish.  Sometimes it does seem to get really slow.  I know there are items that can slow the fish down and make it hard to see.  I think I have experenced serious slowdown on the game and mentioned it before.  Think I'll go play that a dozen times and see if it goofs up. 

Written By: wildcard on 03/25/09 at 10:03 pm

Using FF, the 4th game I played just seemed to end and my 5th game just ended for no reason.  On IE, I had slowdowns on my third game I had animation slowdowns and my 5th game my fish just frose, but it wasn't sick.  One again I say THIS GAME SUCKS!

Written By: Tam on 03/25/09 at 10:24 pm

I just played it again and for no reason it stopped on me and I died.
Then I played it and no worms came at all.
Finally, played it and caught 42 worms only to die because the screen froze and then came back with tons of other fish eating me!

Looks like it is going to be deleted. ;)

Written By: nally on 03/25/09 at 10:28 pm

I haven't had a notification in quite a while now.

Written By: Tam on 03/25/09 at 10:29 pm

Haha! I got one today from Miss Demento!
She took away my mah jongg toy crown. 8)

Written By: nally on 03/25/09 at 10:34 pm

^wtg ;)

I'm still waiting for someone to unseat me on one of the games I've held a crown on for a while now. Those games include Word Game, Znax, Quix, and Twin Sonice...to name a few, but I got some pretty darn good scores on those.

Written By: wildcard on 03/25/09 at 10:58 pm

I've been playing twin sonice 'but don't think I'll be taking it real soon.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/26/09 at 7:44 am

I've been playing twin sonice 'but don't think I'll be taking it real soon.
I find myself strugling with Twin Sonice now, am I losing the co-ordination?

Written By: wildcard on 03/26/09 at 10:56 am

^I usually get dealt what I cant finish.

Written By: snozberries on 03/26/09 at 11:20 pm

Zodiac Slots....
I just had a score over 140000 and when to look something in my other tab but accidentally hit refresh.  >:( yeah that's 7hours of my life I'll never get back!

Written By: Henk on 03/27/09 at 5:35 pm

I've lost four crowns in recent weeks. Three were taken by a member called nsr and one by widget. I've no idea who they are, as they don't have any posts to their name. I hate when that happens - I've barely got a crown left!

Which made me think...When's the next sweep of members with no posts...? ???

I'm still waiting for someone to unseat me on one of the games I've held a crown on for a while now. Those games include Word Game, Znax, Quix, and Twin Sonice...to name a few, but I got some pretty darn good scores on those.

I trust nsr to have a go.

Written By: snozberries on 03/27/09 at 5:36 pm

I've lost four crowns in recent weeks. Three were taken by a member called nsr and one by widget. I've no idea who they are, as they don't have any posts to their name. I hate when that happens - I've barely got a crown left!

widget is my mom  nsr has taken several of mine lately as well.

Written By: karen on 03/27/09 at 6:41 pm

They only got rid of inactive accounts.  Not the same thing as no posts.

Written By: snozberries on 03/27/09 at 6:44 pm

hopefully they don't remove my mum again...  :)

Written By: wildcard on 03/27/09 at 6:50 pm

I got an arcade notification I responded to this morning,  kill ninny

Probably never guess which game she took from me this time.

Written By: Henk on 03/28/09 at 4:43 am

widget is my mom 

Oh well, that's OK then. More or less.

nsr has taken several of mine lately as well.

Why don't he/she have a go at whistledog/ninny instead of picking on us small ones? :\'(

I've only got 5 crowns left, where I used to be in the Top 10 (eons ago). Wonder how long until...

Oh yeah, that's right. Still, it doesn't feel right to me to have no posts to your name - after all, this is a MESSAGEboard.

Written By: nsr on 03/29/09 at 8:24 pm

Hello everybody
I suppose this is my first message here in this forum
Sorry for that as I'm a good listener not a good speaker  8)

Why don't he/she have a go at whistledog/ninny instead of picking on us small ones?

This is not 100% true hehe

The game that I took from Ninny

1. Count The Stars
2. Full Time Killer
3. Pssst
4. Where is the Ball
5. Wild West

The game that I took from Whistledog

1. Sag of Sai
2. Yeti8

c ya later :)

Written By: snozberries on 03/30/09 at 12:49 am

Hello everybody

1. Count The Stars
2. Full Time Killer
3. Pssst
4. Where is the Ball
5. Wild West

1. Sag of Sai
2. Yeti8

dang its harder to hate you when come in and post and stuff  :P

Just kidding nsr... glad to have you on the boards.... now remember the only real threat is g-i-b-b-o....go git him!

;D

enjoy the games..... and rest assured I will be coming for you soon as I get my schedule figured out!

Written By: Henk on 03/30/09 at 3:54 pm

Hello everybody

Welcome to the board, nsr. :) I'm glad you decided to post.

1. Count The Stars
2. Full Time Killer
3. Pssst
4. Where is the Ball
5. Wild West

1. Sag of Sai
2. Yeti8

OK, so you took some crowns from ninny and whistledog...but not enough! ;) Whistledog still got 113 trophies and ninny still got 109 - I've only got 5 left. :\'(

Written By: wildcard on 03/30/09 at 4:28 pm

last decade when I counted, I still had 80. Right now I'm just concerned about my favorites.  I will have to kill ninny to get my South Park game back and I have a few other games I'm going for. 

Written By: Tam on 03/31/09 at 2:38 pm

Accounts that have no posts yet are active in the arcade are A-OK with me. 8)

You may ask why - and I will tell you.
They came to the site because something peeked their interest.
They found the arcade after they joined - only way to know an arcade is here, unless they are family members.
They play the games, and stay active even if they don't post.

Most times, I prefer it this way, because every once in a while you will get someone who doesn't post, just plays the games, you ask them to post, then they get all weird and you have to delete or ban them. Not fun. So even if they are quite - we like it that way. They play, they win, they lose, but the message board stays somewhat sane! ;) 8)

Written By: nally on 03/31/09 at 10:55 pm

Oh yeah, that's right. Still, it doesn't feel right to me to have no posts to your name - after all, this is a MESSAGEboard.

good point, but the Arcade was placed here for everyone's enjoyment. It used to bother me that Katkit was wrestling with me for the Tetris crown, but I'm kinda over that; I haven't had time to try to reclaim the crown (which I know would take a long time to do). Now if you'll excuse me, I have some more posts in this thread to read.

Written By: nally on 03/31/09 at 10:58 pm

Hello everybody

1. Count The Stars
2. Full Time Killer
3. Pssst
4. Where is the Ball
5. Wild West

1. Sag of Sai
2. Yeti8

Welcome!!! :)

I know you've taken a crown or two away from me too...but that's okay because I don't really intend to try to get the crown back. :-\\ It's always nice to see some excellent players on these games, and I applaud them for their skill. :)

Written By: whistledog on 04/01/09 at 2:18 am

It's funny how I still have so many trophies.  I don't ever go in the arcade anymore.  Not because I don't like it, but because my slow ass computer takes like 6 days to load the games :\'(

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/01/09 at 2:20 am

Today coudl be a good day to back into the Arcade?

Written By: nally on 04/01/09 at 2:54 pm

It's funny how I still have so many trophies.  I don't ever go in the arcade anymore.  Not because I don't like it, but because my slow ass computer takes like 6 days to load the games :\'(

I was in that situation with my old pc two years ago, before it finally went kaput.

Written By: loki 13 on 04/01/09 at 7:29 pm

gibbo took my high score in Reindeer Games, I just played it and tied his score of 4800. I didn't submit it though
because I want to beat the score not tie it.

Written By: snozberries on 04/01/09 at 7:30 pm

Gibbo took my high score in Reindeer Games, I just played it and tied his score of 4800. I didn't submit it though
because I want to beat the score not tie it.

anyway you take a score away from gibbo is okay by me  ;)

Written By: loki 13 on 04/01/09 at 8:14 pm

anyway you take a score away from gibbo is okay by me  ;)

Your right, all bets are off now, anything goes. I went back and beat his score, he took back the title with a tie.  >:(

Written By: snozberries on 04/01/09 at 9:21 pm

Your right, all bets are off now, anything goes. I went back and beat his score, he took back the title with a tie.  >:(

see he's a shifty bastard that gibbo  ;)

Written By: Red Ant on 04/01/09 at 11:50 pm

Hello everybody

1. Count The Stars
2. Full Time Killer
3. Pssst
4. Where is the Ball
5. Wild West

1. Sag of Sai
2. Yeti8

You got that Champion STE score from me. Lots of patience and mad skills to pull that off. Congrats.

Ant

Check for new replies or respond here...