inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 5 Hardest game(s) in the Arcade?

Written By: whistledog on 02/02/07 at 10:17 pm

What do you think are the 5 hardest games in the arcade?

I nominate ...

Catapult
- You could have the best aim in the world, and still miss every shot.  It's all about the antlers

Defend Your Stronghold
- Those first few rounds you spend building up your cash, army and fortress is brutal.  The later levels become somewhat easier when you have a good army, but that fast click might not always be fast enough

McDonald's
- employees slacking off, mad cows, not enough advertising .. it's just too hard to keep up.  I doubt real McDonalds is this difficult to manage

Sk8 Prison
- I know it looks like I am Mr. Wizard at this game, but if you only knew how many crappy scores I get that i don't submit

Spaceboy
- If you die past level 6, you're pretty much screwed

Subject: Re: 5 Hardest game(s) in the Arcade?

Written By: Red Ant on 02/02/07 at 10:42 pm

Copter
- This game is seriously frustrating, especially when you are on your way to a killer high score and an impossible path presents itself in front of you. Not to mention every score you get is automatically submitted...

Aussie Santa
- another "auto submit" score game. Past about a score of 80, Santa goes insane, making getting the high score virtually impossible. Keepy Uppy and Soccer are a cakewalk compared to this one. Having the score right in the middle of the screen is seriously distracting too.

Air Skating
- the game is pretty easy, but patience, hand/eye control and anticipation all factor into getting a high score, which after five minutes isn't so easy.

RShot3
- I've played the latter parts of this game at as high as 800% magnification (no one said I couldn't put an 8x scope on my pistol  ;D) and still haven't managed to beat or tie the high score. If someone has enough patience, they could probably beat the high score.

Urban Slug
- This game is tough: add in the numerous amount of bugs it has, and you have a hard hard hard game.

All of the Breakout style games are hard to play, due to the generally horrific control you have over where the ball goes.

What do you think are the 5 hardest games in the arcade?

Defend Your Stronghold
- Those first few rounds you spend building up your cash, army and fortress is brutal.  The later levels become somewhat easier when you have a good army, but that fast click might not always be fast enough

McDonald's
- employees slacking off, mad cows, not enough advertising .. it's just too hard to keep up.  I doubt real McDonalds is this difficult to manage

Those two games are more strategy than speed. Making a million on McDonald's isn't hard, but time-consuming. If I had any real challenges to my title, I'd prove it could be done, real-life time permitting.

Spaceboy
- If you die past level 6, you're pretty much screwed

I have beaten level 7 several times with no starting power-ups, but it isn't easy at all. I've also never seen the shield power-up drop.

Written By: whistledog on 02/03/07 at 12:28 am

Copter
- This game is seriously frustrating, especially when you are on your way to a killer high score and an impossible path presents itself in front of you. Not to mention every score you get is automatically submitted...

If you click the "play" link fast enough, you can start a new game before your score registers

I have beaten level 7 several times with no starting power-ups, but it isn't easy at all. I've also never seen the shield power-up drop.

There's a shield? :o

Written By: annimal on 10/15/18 at 5:04 pm

Pacman

Check for new replies or respond here...