inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Finding more games for the arcade

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/08/07 at 8:58 pm

The arcade software here can support games that run in arcades for phpBB, IPB Pro, and v3Arcade.

If you find places that have games for these messageboard systems, give me a link and I'll see what I can do.

Subject: Re: Finding more games for the arcade

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/08/07 at 9:03 pm

The arcade software here can support games that run in arcades for phpBB, IPB Pro, and v3Arcade.

If you find places that have games for these messageboard systems, give me a link and I'll see what I can do.

hmm... found a collection of 4000 games.  They're supposed to work, costs $20.  Going to pay it and see what I get.

cross your fingers.

Written By: whistledog on 02/08/07 at 9:04 pm

hmm... found a collection of 4000 games.  They're supposed to work, costs $20.  Going to pay it and see what I get.

cross your fingers.

4000 games? :o

WOW!

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/08/07 at 9:14 pm

grr.... looks like I just wasted $20.  the new SMF arcade I'm using does not support v3arcade games.  Figures.

phpBB and IPB Pro flash games are the only ones currently supported.

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/08/07 at 9:41 pm

I just added a new game.  ibpArcade games are definitely compatible and easily installed.  The first site I've tried for them is very restrictive in who joins, how many you can download a day, etc. (ibpdownloads.com).  If someone can find other sites that claim to allow downloads of those games, it might help me speed up installing them.

Written By: Red Ant on 02/08/07 at 10:33 pm

I just added a new game.  ibpArcade games are definitely compatible and easily installed.  The first site I've tried for them is very restrictive in who joins, how many you can download a day, etc. (ibpdownloads.com).  If someone can find other sites that claim to allow downloads of those games, it might help me speed up installing them.

I'll try to find some. BTW, Contra is a demo: it has just 2 levels. Still fun though.

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/09/07 at 8:30 am

I'll try to find some. BTW, Contra is a demo: it has just 2 levels. Still fun though.

that kind of stinks.  I know the ibp one I listed above has 4000 or so games too... but I have to wonder how many are even worth installing. 

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/09/07 at 7:17 pm

woo hoo... the one I paid money for is mostly the kind of the games I know work with the messageboard.  I'm going to start uploading a bunch

would it be better if I rolled them out five a day for a year, or just a whole bunch at a time?

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/09/07 at 9:28 pm

yup.  all good in the hood.  The ones I suspected wouldn't work, came out to around 575 games.  The others, there's 3700 or so.  Someone couldn't count I guess when they said 4000.  Of course there's some duplication in there, and some adult stuff I won't dare to put up (smega invaders? no thanks).  Not to mention there is no way in heck I'm uploading 2 gigs worth of games onto the server. 

yet with all those games, still no Spy Hunter for WD...  it's in the set of games that I know won't work with the site.

Written By: whistledog on 02/09/07 at 9:46 pm

No Spy Hunter? :\'(  It's all good.  I would be too addicted to it :D

I owned that game when they had it on the 80sxchange.  I broke 3,000,000 on it, while the closest anyone could come was 100,000 ;D

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/09/07 at 10:06 pm

No Spy Hunter? :\'(  It's all good.  I would be too addicted to it :D

I owned that game when they had it on the 80sxchange.  I broke 3,000,000 on it, while the closest anyone could come was 100,000 ;D

the thing that kills me, is not only can I download it to install, but I've talked with the creator of the game in the past.  He used to use the same banner advertiser I did in the late 90s, and he was living in Worcester (Auburn is a suburb or Worcester).  If I thought he'd remember me, I'd drop him a lime pleading with him to convert the game for you.

Written By: Red Ant on 02/10/07 at 8:06 pm

http://www.ultimatearcade.com/

is a link from one of the arcade games already here. They say they have free downloads, but it looks like a fairly small site.

would it be better if I rolled them out five a day for a year, or just a whole bunch at a time?

Maybe like 60 at a time, once a week kinda thing. That way Jason and I won't have time to eat half of the high scores, lol.

Written By: Red Ant on 02/11/07 at 1:56 pm

You guys should try out this one: 

Maze Game

Let me know if you make it to level 4.  ;D

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/11/07 at 6:12 pm

You guys should try out this one: 

Maze Game

Let me know if you make it to level 4.  ;D

I knew what it was, and it sill got me...

Written By: EthanM on 02/11/07 at 6:42 pm

I knew it was a prank, but wow...at least I didn't try it right before trying to go to bed. Is it actually possible to beat level three?

Written By: whistledog on 02/11/07 at 9:13 pm

One game I'd love to see is "Chopper Challenge".  It's similar to "Copter", but it's so much more challenging.  In it, your score only submits if you click submit, plus, the bars move, and there are big giant rotating wheels

http://www.arcadeship.com/games/Chopper-Challenge

EDIT:  I just got 1404.  Those wheels are a challenge I now have 3536.  Those wheels are easier when they stop moving

Written By: Red Ant on 02/11/07 at 9:26 pm

One game I'd love to see is "Chopper Challenge".  It's similar to "Copter", but it's so much more challenging.  In it, your score only submits if you click submit, plus, the bars move, and there are big giant rotating wheels

http://www.arcadeship.com/games/Chopper-Challenge

EDIT:  I just got 1404.  Those wheels are a challenge I now have 3536.  Those wheels are easier when they stop moving

I got a 711.  :P

Written By: whistledog on 02/11/07 at 9:28 pm

I got a 711.  :P

Did you find it harder than Copter?  The chopper moves alot faster

Written By: Red Ant on 02/11/07 at 10:01 pm

Did you find it harder than Copter?  The chopper moves alot faster

The screen move faster but so does the chopper (up and down). It seems more responsive to the mouse that Copter does. Verdict: undecided.  ;D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 03/16/07 at 1:20 am

Not sure how to get this into the arcade, but it's pretty addictive:

http://www.armorgames.com/games/foursecondfrenzy.html

Written By: Red Ant on 03/16/07 at 1:56 am

Not sure how to get this into the arcade, but it's pretty addictive:

http://www.armorgames.com/games/foursecondfrenzy.html

And so it is done:

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=play;game=561

It has no scoring, but is cool enough that it'll probably stay.

Check for new replies or respond here...