inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Lame games...

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/10/07 at 7:58 am

I know some people like the crappy games, because they can hold a championship in it, but with the recent acquisition of 3500+ games, I feel the time has come to weed out games that aren't worth playing anymore.

if you see a game that is kind of pointless, let me know and I'll remove it.

Subject: Re: Lame games...

Written By: whistledog on 02/10/07 at 3:46 pm

That one game 2 Deep (and I'm not just saying that cause Red Ant beat my score.  lol)

The lag gets real bad in later stages, to the point where the game goes so slow, you'd almost think your computer has froze.  Not many people play it judging from the scoreboard

Written By: whistledog on 02/10/07 at 3:47 pm

Amira is also pointless.  You can't even register your score when you get to the last level (though I did find a way), but even still, the gsame is boring, and no one ever plays it anymore

Triathalon - I was the only one who really played this game.  Since like February 2006, no one has gone near it

Cone Crazi - Another game no one seems to play anymore

Duck Hunt - It's too easy, too long and way too boring.  I don't really notice alot of people play it.  Only 23 scores have been registered on it since January 2006

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/10/07 at 5:17 pm

Amira is also pointless.  You can't even register your score when you get to the last level (though I did find a way), but even still, the gsame is boring, and no one ever plays it anymore

Triathalon - I was the only one who really played this game.  Since like February 2006, no one has gone near it

Duck Hunt - It's too easy, too long and way too boring.  I don't really notice alot of people play it.  Only 23 scores have been registered on it since January 2006

I noticed Duck Hunt never speeds up or anything.  Those all sound like good candidates for the trash heap

Written By: Red Ant on 02/10/07 at 6:55 pm

Lame games because it takes 0 skill to get a high score:

Airfox, Easter Eggs, and Fisher

~~~

Frogger has but one level: it should go.

Ghost 2000 is impossible to play past level 2 and therefore isn't much fun at all.

Skiprock is pretty lame too; everyone has the same high score (except Jason).

Star Wars send the same 7 ship pattern after you over and over and over and... extremely lame.

Flying Hero is cheatable and should be removed.

Written By: whistledog on 02/10/07 at 7:11 pm

~~~

Frogger has but one level: it should go.

Ghost 2000 is impossible to play past level 2 and therefore isn't much fun at all.

Skiprock is pretty lame too; everyone has the same high score (except Jason).

Star Wars send the same 7 ship pattern after you over and over and over and... extremely lame.

Flying Hero is cheatable and should be removed.

I agree with all those, most especially Easter Eggs and Fisher.  They are very long, and extremely boring, and with the Top Scores that are on them now, no one will probably ever attempt them.  I know I won't.  lol

Written By: Red Ant on 02/10/07 at 7:49 pm

I agree with these too, except Triathalon. I never played that one - I think it was one of the games that wouldn't load for me at one time, and I never came back to it.

Mars Rover is also very boring and kinda lame: I beat it the first time I played it.

I forgot to mention about Flying Hero that, in addition to being cheatable, it's also very lame.

Written By: Red Ant on 02/10/07 at 7:57 pm

That one game 2 Deep (and I'm not just saying that cause Red Ant beat my score.  lol)

The lag gets real bad in later stages, to the point where the game goes so slow, you'd almost think your computer has froze.  Not many people play it judging from the scoreboard

How a 2k flash game can lag a modern computer with a 256 video card to 1 frame every 7 seconds is beyond me; must be something in the game coding that is seriously effed up.

Written By: whistledog on 02/11/07 at 1:00 am

How a 2k flash game can lag a modern computer with a 256 video card to 1 frame every 7 seconds is beyond me; must be something in the game coding that is seriously effed up.

If it wasn't for the lag, 2 Deep would be an awesome game

Another one that should go is Pong Funky.  It's not only boring, but if you set it to Practice mode, you can leave your computer idle and get a score that's higher than a crackhead ;D

Written By: Henk on 02/11/07 at 1:26 am

Of course not! What's the point? Your score can't be improved.

I still don't know why it's considered "easy", but I won't be too sad to see it gone.

Don't take the Fisher. Fisher is mine! :\'(

Mars Rover is also very boring and kinda lame: I beat it the first time I played it.

...and Mars Rover is mine too. :\'(

OK - they're both boring, I agree.

While were on it: let's also remove Red Baron. Now there's a truely lame game.

Karts and its clone (I forgot what the other one is called) can also go as far as I'm concerned. There's no real challenge in the game and it's super easy once you know the drill.

Written By: whistledog on 02/11/07 at 1:31 am

I still don't know why it's considered "easy", but I won't be too sad to see it gone.

What makes Duck Hunt so easy is that the Ducks move at the same speed each round.  On the original version for the Nintendo, the Ducks would move faster every few rounds you advanced, which made it impossible to get the kinds of scores you can get in the Flash version

Karts and its clone (I forgot what the other one is called) can also go as far as I'm concerned. There's no real challenge in the game and it's super easy once you know the drill.

Karts yes.  Super lame, super dull, and there's no real challenge to it

Written By: Henk on 02/11/07 at 1:35 am

What makes Duck Hunt so easy is that the Ducks move at the same speed each round.  On the original version for the Nintendo, the Ducks would move faster every few rounds you advanced, which made it impossible to get the kinds of scores you can get in the Flash version

Well, they're obviously still moving too fast for me. :-\\ Or do they move slower when using Firefox? ??? I've only tried IE.

Written By: whistledog on 02/11/07 at 1:46 am

Well, they're obviously still moving too fast for me. :-\\ Or do they move slower when using Firefox? ??? I've only tried IE.

No, they move the same speed in both IE and Firefox.  It's all a matter of quick mouse skills, but if you knew how fast the Ducks flew in the original Nintendo version, the Flash version is a breeze.  lol

Written By: Red Ant on 02/11/07 at 9:34 am

Hey, that my lame trophy!  ;D

I just played it again... yep, very lame. Only 7 people recorded scores in over a year. It's destined for the circular waste bin.

Written By: Henk on 02/11/07 at 10:33 am

No, they move the same speed in both IE and Firefox.  It's all a matter of quick mouse skills, but if you knew how fast the Ducks flew in the original Nintendo version, the Flash version is a breeze.  lol

Well, there's your answer: I never played the Nintendo version.

Back on subject: Let's get rid of all those games that aren't really games. For example: there's five Slot Machines. (5D Slot MP, Slingo Mega Slots, Slingo Super Slot, Slots and Slotz). All you can do is drop in a (virtual) coin and make it spin - you can't influence the result.
This also applies for "games" like Cheetah Race, Chain Reaction, Flash Keno, Roulette and Wheel of Fortune.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/11/07 at 11:36 am

Do NOT get rid of Wheel of Fortune.  I love that game.  I play it a lot and I have a good time.

Written By: Henk on 02/11/07 at 3:59 pm

Do NOT get rid of Wheel of Fortune.  I love that game.  I play it a lot and I have a good time.

It can stay, as far as I'm concerned (but it's not for me to decide). I merely suggested it should go because the final result depends on luck more than skill IMHO.

And since you're breaking a lance for Wheel of Fortune, I'd like to do the same for Airfox. I love that game and therefore I think it should stay.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/11/07 at 5:54 pm

Just because there's no skill involved doesn't mean it can't be a fun game for someone to play.  Plenty of people play WoF, not just myself.  If the game has had like, 4 people play it since it was installed here....that's one thing.

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/11/07 at 6:07 pm

Can someone pull together a list for me, and I'll remove them tomorrow during my lunch break.

If there's some question about one shouldn't be removed, just don't add it.

Remember, I have 3700 more games I can install.  If a game is still kind of lame, or not competitive for scores anymore, it should go to make room for something people can still compete against one another for.

Written By: Red Ant on 02/11/07 at 8:05 pm

Amira, Ameriman,Triathalon, Cone Crazy, Easter Eggs, Frogger, Ghost 2000, Skiprock, Star Wars, Fisher, Mars Rover, Red Baron, Flying Hero*, Pong Funky*: All lame (*+ cheatable). I think that Jason, Henk and I hold trophies in most of these games.

Edit: Asteroids Flash needs to go because it too is cheatable, and even if it weren't you WILL kill a spacebar playing that game.

I left out Duck Hunt, WoF, and Airfox since people still like those.

Written By: whistledog on 02/11/07 at 8:31 pm

^ I agree with all of those

and might I also add "Jig Saw Monkey" and "Pong", neither of which are fun, because everyone gets the same score if they complete it

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/11/07 at 8:39 pm

^ I agree with all of those

and might I also add "Jig Saw Monkey" and "Pong", neither of which are fun, because everyone gets the same score if they complete it

Jig Saw Monkey was scoring the wrong way.  I just changed it to reverse, maybe that will fix that one?

Written By: whistledog on 02/11/07 at 8:56 pm

Jig Saw Monkey was scoring the wrong way.  I just changed it to reverse, maybe that will fix that one?

Wasn't that Jig Saw Dog? ???

So many Jig Saw games in the arcade, it's hard to keep track ;D

Written By: whistledog on 02/11/07 at 9:05 pm

Kerry Bush Bash should also go, cause it's just so stupid.  lol
Plus, I haven't seen anyone play it probably in almost a year

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/12/07 at 11:45 am

ok... all gone.

I'll install a bunch more later

Written By: whistledog on 02/14/07 at 12:10 am

5D Slot MP

There's only been 18 scores registered on it since February 2006.  Judging from the lack of play, i doubt anyone will miss it if it goes

Written By: Henk on 02/14/07 at 1:07 pm

5D Slot MP

There's only been 18 scores registered on it since February 2006.  Judging from the lack of play, i doubt anyone will miss it if it goes

I already suggested all Slot Machines (5D Slot MP, Slingo Mega Slots, Slingo Super Slot, Slots and Slotz) should go, 'cause they're not real games IMHO anyway (there's no way you can influence the result). So far, nobody seems to disagree... :-\\

Written By: whistledog on 02/14/07 at 1:14 pm

I already suggested all Slot Machines (5D Slot MP, Slingo Mega Slots, Slingo Super Slot, Slots and Slotz) should go, 'cause they're not real games IMHO anyway (there's no way you can influence the result). So far, nobody seems to disagree... :-\\

All the Slot games are quite lame yes, but I do notice that some still play the Slingo ones.  As for the others, I never see anyone play them

Written By: wildcard on 03/04/07 at 11:31 am

that mariomushroom game.  I got to level 6 and was thrilled to find somewhere I could fall down an kill myself.

Written By: xSiouXBoIx on 08/19/07 at 2:05 pm

http://www.juegomania.org/Barbie+Super+Model/fotos/genesis/0/56_c/Caratula+Barbie+Super+Model.jpg

Written By: snozberries on 09/30/07 at 11:19 am

I agree... I don't play it as often but I enjoy it when I get there

How about less tetris influenced games and more pool? I play Lightning Pool on another site and really like it alot. 

Written By: nally on 04/02/08 at 12:18 pm

I know some people like the crappy games, because they can hold a championship in it, but with the recent acquisition of 3500+ games, I feel the time has come to weed out games that aren't worth playing anymore.

if you see a game that is kind of pointless, let me know and I'll remove it.

The other day I was playing a game entitled "Fun Game"...at first it looks interesting, since the object is to clear the contiguously-colored tiles from the board, but in later levels the squares get so small that you can barely distinguish their colors. So it's kinda anything but fun, imo. ::)

Written By: snozberries on 04/16/08 at 2:03 am

yeah so I was just playing....or trying to play Matrix.... got to the comments and it seems no knows how to play the game.

Check for new replies or respond here...