inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Week 4... Games beginning with F

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/13/07 at 11:23 am

Would have been up last night, but I got sick of doing some of the stuff by hand, and spent some time at lunch today writing a new script to make my life easier.

So, most likely, I'll upload games every week without fail now.

Red Ant has taken over the cleanup tasks for the arcade, moving things out of the untested category, adding thumbnails and descriptions, etc.  He totally deserves a round of applause for all that effort!

Subject: Re: Week 4... Games beginning with F

Written By: whistledog on 03/13/07 at 1:46 pm

F-107 Pal needs to go.  It involves lesbians having sex

Written By: whistledog on 03/13/07 at 1:47 pm

F-182 is a duplicate of Tiger Moth

Written By: Red Ant on 03/13/07 at 1:58 pm

F-107 Pal needs to go.  It involves lesbians having sex

:o

It's gone now.

Written By: Red Ant on 03/13/07 at 2:22 pm

Three other games with the F word have been deleted too. One was very naughty.  :D

Written By: whistledog on 03/13/07 at 2:40 pm

It's gone now.

It was a hard game too.  I couldn't get in the right sexual position.  The woman obviously likes it a certain way :D

Written By: whistledog on 03/13/07 at 2:42 pm

I love that Falldown game, but damn it wrecks my eyes.  Reminds me of TV sets that had vertical hold

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/13/07 at 2:45 pm

It's gone now.
Missed it!

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/13/07 at 3:07 pm

Three other games with the F word have been deleted too. One was very naughty.  :D

I forgot there's some adult stuff in there.  Glad I gave the heavy duty work of cleaning up to Red Ant >grin<

now to find that on the disc so I can play it at my leisure!

Written By: whistledog on 03/13/07 at 6:41 pm

Fightman seems to be broken.  I get to the end, and all the characters disappear

Written By: whistledog on 03/13/07 at 7:40 pm

Fieldgoalibpro is the same as Field Goal

Written By: whistledog on 03/13/07 at 7:41 pm

Fireballsmp also appears to be a duplicate of Fireballs

Written By: wildcard on 03/14/07 at 12:59 am

fishfood and fishfoodjs are the same I cant find a way to submit my lousy score in Fireatwill firestorm just kind of ended on me for no reason. Firebad let me pick which bleepin level I wanted to play.

Written By: Red Ant on 03/14/07 at 1:18 am

I forgot there's some adult stuff in there.  Glad I gave the heavy duty work of cleaning up to Red Ant >grin<

now to find that on the disc so I can play it at my leisure!

I tried to revive it and set permissions for you only, but apparently the auto-filter for the word fudge doesn't like the even the filenames of the game (wouldn't let me save edits) so it'll have to go stay gone for now.

It was lame anyway... how can I put this?: The object of the game was to introduce young, highly pixellated, silicone inflated, articles of clothing challenged ladies to your secret recipe of high-protein special sauce at a distance from the most phallic like gun I've ever seen.

Of course, I played it once, you know, just for testing purposes...  ;D

As for the rest of the duplicates/broken games listed here, I'll get those removed tomorrow. Nearly 200 new games were added today, so reviewing and thumbnailing them will take some time.

Written By: Red Ant on 03/15/07 at 12:02 am

F-182 is a duplicate of Tiger Moth

Fieldgoalibpro is the same as Field Goal

Fireballsmp also appears to be a duplicate of Fireballs

Fightman seems to be broken.  I get to the end, and all the characters disappear

fishfood and fishfoodjs are the same

All gone now. Fishfood is still there.

Written By: whistledog on 03/15/07 at 12:59 am

I think Funhousejs should go.  It could possible offend/anger alot of people.  Plus, it's just such a stupid game.  lol

Written By: whistledog on 03/15/07 at 3:59 am

Firestormjs is super lame.  You're supposed to put the flames on each level out as fast as you can, but if you stand in one place, and click as fast as you can, you can rack up 140+ scores.  Boring with a capital zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Written By: whistledog on 03/16/07 at 12:54 am

I think Flyswatter has reverse scoring.  Either that, or I am not swatting those flies in the right way.  lol

Written By: Henk on 03/23/07 at 1:22 am

Firebase 36 is super hard, especially since the instructions on that game are highly insufficient (if not inadequate).

Here's what you need to know to at least make your batallion move in the direction(s) you want them:

Left click on one of the soldiers. You should hear him unlocking his rifle.
Move your cursor to a position where you want the soldier to move towards. Double left click on that position to get a hold.
The soldier should now answer you with something like "Roger" or "Will do!" and start moving in the direction you gave him. If not, nothing will ever happen.

Firing seems to happen at random. Don't know how to control that (if possible... :-\\).

So far for the basics. I still have to figure out all the extras (like calling for backup, which is essential unless you want to get butchered).

Written By: whistledog on 03/23/07 at 1:26 am

Firebase 36 is super hard, especially since the instructions on that game are highly insufficient (if not inadequate).

Here's what you need to know to at least make your batallion move in the direction(s) you want them:

Left click on one of the soldiers. You should hear him unlocking his rifle.
Move your cursor to a position where you want the soldier to move towards. Double left click on that position to get a hold.
The soldier should now answer you with something like "Roger" or "Will do!" and start moving in the direction you gave him. If not, nothing will ever happen.

Firing seems to happen at random. Don't know how to control that (if possible... :-\\).

So far for the basics. I still have to figure out all the extras (like calling for backup, which is essential unless you want to get butchered).

Thanks for the tips :)

It is a super hard game.  Everytime I call on the radio, all my requests get denied.  When I click the soldiers, and point them where to go, they shoot while they walk, but when they get up close to the enemies, they just stand there and get killed.  There really doesn't seem to be a way to make them fire on command, which is the only thing I dislike about the game

Written By: Red Ant on 03/23/07 at 1:52 am

Firestormjs is super lame.  You're supposed to put the flames on each level out as fast as you can, but if you stand in one place, and click as fast as you can, you can rack up 140+ scores.  Boring with a capital zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I think Funhousejs should go.  It could possible offend/anger alot of people.  Plus, it's just such a stupid game.  lol

Both gone, Firestorm for being seriously lame, and Fun House for saying asshole and its torture theme... and for being stupid and having only 2 levels. 

Written By: wildcard on 03/24/07 at 1:29 pm

fourballs wont let me submit my score

from start to finish has backward scoring

Written By: Red Ant on 03/25/07 at 3:42 am

Still going through the F games, though I'm almost through page 7. Everything up to that point has been checked, edited, described, thumbnailed, etc., and is working fine. I probably wiped 15 duplicate/broken/cheatable games tonight. I need to know about dupes earlier so I don't kill a lot of people's trophies.

Written By: wildcard on 03/26/07 at 12:21 am

I didn't really do anything in flexycombat so I'm not really sure if the games scoring backwards or just stupid.

Written By: wildcard on 03/26/07 at 12:28 am

I went back to flexicombat and didn't press anything.  scoring is backwards if nothing else

Written By: whistledog on 03/27/07 at 1:39 pm

I gotta take a break from that Freefall game, otherwise I'm gonna put my fist through a piece of glass

I swear, no game pisses me off more than that one >:(

;D

Written By: Red Ant on 03/27/07 at 1:52 pm

I didn't really do anything in flexycombat so I'm not really sure if the games scoring backwards or just stupid.

I saw your score. All you have to do to get it is die without scoring points. Scoring isn't backwards, it's broken, so that game is gone.

I gotta take a break from that Freefall game, otherwise I'm gonna put my fist through a piece of glass

I swear, no game pisses me off more than that one >:(

;D

Does that guy ever land? I scored a whopping 0 on it - it aggrivated me too much to try again lol.

Written By: whistledog on 03/27/07 at 2:02 pm

I saw your score. All you have to do to get it is die without scoring points. Scoring isn't backwards, it's broken, so that game is gone.

Does that guy ever land? I scored a whopping 0 on it - it aggrivated me too much to try again lol.

I Think it's actually a girl.  Either that, or some gay guy in a pink dress ;D

Eventually he will deploy his chute yes.  Amazingly I was able to do it twice (out of about 200 tries; most of which were restarts so I wouldn't get a zero) lol  I wanna beat SB's score in it, but I'm afraid I might smash something if I attempt it.  lol

Written By: Henk on 03/27/07 at 5:23 pm

Flash Golf has reverse scoring. My 187 is way above par! ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...