inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The games that you play most often ...

Written By: whistledog on 03/30/07 at 3:17 pm

Here's a Top 10 (alphabetically) for me ...

Autobahn
Chopper YL
Copter
Clash 'n Slash
Falafel King
Falldown
Falldown Hard
Sk8 Prison
Tennis STE
Twin Sonice

Subject: Re: The games that you play most often ...

Written By: wildcard on 03/30/07 at 5:40 pm

I'm playing whatever I think I can beat you at  :D :P

Written By: nally on 03/30/07 at 5:42 pm

And here is an alphabetical top 10 for me...

Alphabet Soup
Blocks IBPA
Chain Letters
Flash Tiles
Mumu
Tetris
Top Banana
Twin Sonice
Whammy
Znax

Written By: xSiouXBoIx on 08/20/07 at 9:47 am

i don't play video games anymore, aside from Super Mario Brothers 3 occasionally. But I used to play Tomb Raider, Street Fighter and Mortal Combat constantly, as well as Diddy Kong and Mario Kart racing.

Written By: nally on 08/20/07 at 1:23 pm

i don't play video games anymore, aside from Super Mario Brothers 3 occasionally. But I used to play Tomb Raider, Street Fighter and Mortal Combat constantly, as well as Diddy Kong and Mario Kart racing.

I don't think those games are available in the Arcade here. :-\\

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/20/07 at 2:10 pm

Mahjong (any variety)
Slingo games (there are a few that I play a lot)
Video poker games
And of course the Zodiac Slots (as well as other slot games).  ;)

Cat

Written By: xSiouXBoIx on 08/20/07 at 4:40 pm

I don't think those games are available in the Arcade here. :-\\

geez, you're right....................i thought we were just talking about video games in general  :-\\

Written By: nally on 10/03/07 at 10:35 am

Lately I have been playing FruitDrop and ChainLetters on a regular basis.

Written By: wildcard on 10/03/07 at 10:57 am

Lately I have been playing FruitDrop and ChainLetters on a regular basis.

FruitDrop was one of the games I was playing, but I seem to get bored and don't keep myself alive long enough to get the high score. 

Written By: nally on 10/03/07 at 12:13 pm

FruitDrop was one of the games I was playing, but I seem to get bored and don't keep myself alive long enough to get the high score. 

The situation had been similar for me too. If I ever found myself screwing up on any one of the stages, I'd just restart the game by clicking the "Play" link on top.

Written By: wildcard on 10/03/07 at 4:16 pm

The situation had been similar for me too. If I ever found myself screwing up on any one of the stages, I'd just restart the game by clicking the "Play" link on top.

I do that too, but I find it better to find another game and come back to what I was playing later.   

Written By: nally on 10/03/07 at 4:19 pm

I do that too, but I find it better to find another game and come back to what I was playing later.   

Yeah, it tends to get rather time consuming after a while. In the Wheel Of Fortune game, whenever I hit the bankrupt after racking up a lot of points, I reset it...but if after 20 minutes I still haven't gotten an agreeable score, I find some other game to play. Or better yet, I see if I can find something else to do, lol.

Written By: Wolveroses on 11/05/07 at 7:33 pm

Wii Sports
Red Steel
Mario Kart 64
Waverace 64
Mortal Kombat 1, 2, 3
Adventure Of Lolo
Galaga

Written By: snozberries on 11/13/07 at 12:44 pm

I tend to hit random game until I find a game I like

Right now its
Mahjong
Runrun....i'm going to beat this game!
Word scramble (sorry jeff)
Slingo Paradise
and looser again because I lost the top score.

Written By: nally on 01/12/08 at 11:10 pm

Lately I have been playing Bloody Pingu and Funny Bubbles more regularly.

Written By: whistledog on 01/12/08 at 11:27 pm

The games I used to play most often, I don't play much anymore.  I've lost hope that someone, anyone will beat my Twin Soniec score, so I've really got nothing to strive for, as it's no fun beating my own score lol

Written By: nally on 01/12/08 at 11:37 pm

The games I used to play most often, I don't play much anymore.  I've lost hope that someone, anyone will beat my Twin Soniec score, so I've really got nothing to strive for, as it's no fun beating my own score lol

I hear what you're saying. For a while I held the top spot on Mumu...I unseated jaytee on July 1st of '06, and I unseated myself with a higher score eight months later...but then right before New Years, jaytee unseated me again! So my reign on Mumu lasted a total of a year and a half...but then a week later, I finally recaptured the crown! That is, after playing it regularly (like I used to in '06).
As for TS, I dunno if I'll be the one to unseat you...but I'll keep trying.

Written By: snozberries on 01/12/08 at 11:42 pm

I wish I were better at Twin Sonice

Written By: nally on 01/13/08 at 10:22 pm

I wish I were better at Twin Sonice

keep tryin' and I'm sure you'll do fine.

Written By: ~NeonFire372~ on 01/30/08 at 8:38 pm

Probably Test Drive Unlimited :)

Written By: nally on 01/31/08 at 12:02 am

Probably Test Drive Unlimited :)

I don't think that one's available in the Arcade on this site. :-\\

Written By: nally on 10/02/08 at 3:50 pm

I've been playing 'Railway Line' a little more regularly now...

Seems like there's only a certain number of levels on that game...and to get a really high score I guess you gotta make a big long track for the train to travel on.

Written By: wildcard on 10/02/08 at 4:58 pm

I've been playing 'Railway Line' a little more regularly now...

Seems like there's only a certain number of levels on that game...and to get a really high score I guess you gotta make a big long track for the train to travel on.

If you're crazy enough to go for the high score you have to put it in a loop for I forgot how long.  I wouldn't want a game crown unless I could win it.  It's still a fun little game though.

Written By: nally on 10/02/08 at 10:49 pm

If you're crazy enough to go for the high score you have to put it in a loop for I forgot how long. I wouldn't want a game crown unless I could win it. It's still a fun little game though.

Oh, you've begun playing it too? Yeah, I would think you'd have to make the track go all around the board...but one would think to complete the beginning of the track first so that the train could travel on it without derailing onto an empty square.

You're right, it is a fun little game. :)

Written By: whistledog on 10/02/08 at 11:12 pm

If you're crazy enough to go for the high score you have to put it in a loop for I forgot how long.  I wouldn't want a game crown unless I could win it.  It's still a fun little game though.

The score I got took me a little over a day and a half.  Had it not been for that cheat, it would probably be my favourite game in the arcade next to Twin Sonice

Written By: wildcard on 10/03/08 at 10:44 am

Oh, you've begun playing it too? Yeah, I would think you'd have to make the track go all around the board...but one would think to complete the beginning of the track first so that the train could travel on it without derailing onto an empty square.

You're right, it is a fun little game. :)

2 or three times.  I then put 52 games in my favorates so one day I could take first

Written By: nally on 10/03/08 at 2:43 pm

2 or three times.  I then put 52 games in my favorates so one day I could take first

I haven't put any games into my "favourites" yet; I just type the first few letters of their name in the searchbox. Making a favorites list is something I still need to do at some point!!

Written By: wildcard on 10/05/08 at 12:07 pm

I'm playing wba like crazy now.  I've been wanting that silly game forever.

Written By: Step-chan on 10/06/08 at 6:10 pm

Mega man and Pokemon are what I've been playing the most lately.

Written By: snozberries on 10/11/08 at 1:52 pm

I haven't put any games into my "favourites" yet; I just type the first few letters of their name in the searchbox. Making a favorites list is something I still need to do at some point!!

I'm glad you guys mentioned it. I had a favorites but it was lost with the upgrades. Then I couldn't figure out how to do it....duh it was starring me in the face the whole time  ::)

Written By: Big Nasty on 11/24/08 at 7:28 pm

I spend a lot of time on Madden each year as well as on NBA live.  As a Soldier it is sort of a Bragging rights thing to make your buddy give-up or simply turn off the game.  I have seen Soldiers getting beat to the point of wanting the poer in Iraq to go out to save them.  We usaually play a 21 point rule.  Basically if you are down by 21 the game is over and you give up the controller to the next guy.

Written By: whistledog on 11/24/08 at 11:36 pm

Of games in the inthe00s arcade, I am addicted to that one where the cellphones dance LOL

Written By: snozberries on 11/26/08 at 12:09 am

Of games in the inthe00s arcade, I am addicted to that one where the cellphones dance LOL

wait which one is that? have I played it?

Written By: La Roche on 11/26/08 at 12:13 am

I spend a lot of time on Madden each year as well as on NBA live.  As a Soldier it is sort of a Bragging rights thing to make your buddy give-up or simply turn off the game.  I have seen Soldiers getting beat to the point of wanting the poer in Iraq to go out to save them.  We usaually play a 21 point rule.  Basically if you are down by 21 the game is over and you give up the controller to the next guy.

Bought both of these about 2 weeks ago. I've been fixated with Madden the most but NBA live is impressive as all get out.

Written By: Big Nasty on 12/19/08 at 7:08 pm

I am thinking of getting the new NBA 2K9.  I understand that you can get live performance and roster updates online with it.

Written By: Step-chan on 12/27/08 at 9:59 pm

Dragon Quest 4 DS at the moment.

Written By: Big Nasty on 12/27/08 at 10:03 pm

I got the new Paintball Championship game for the Xbox360, I really enjoy it.  The only issue I have is to be mulitplayer you have to be online.  So SOn of Tam and I can't play it at home together.

Written By: snozberries on 12/28/08 at 4:42 pm

I got the new Paintball Championship game for the Xbox360, I really enjoy it.  The only issue I have is to be mulitplayer you have to be online.  So SOn of Tam and I can't play it at home together.

time to get a second XboX 360  ;D

Written By: Mushroom on 01/01/09 at 8:54 pm

Guild Wars
Second Life
Colonization

Written By: Big Nasty on 01/01/09 at 9:31 pm

Been playing the game that actually came with the Xbox.  Lego Indiana Jones Adventures is a really fun game...in a strange way.  It seems wack because it is Lego Character but I really enjoy it...as does Son of Tam and I predict Tam herself.

Check for new replies or respond here...