inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Games Week, whatever.. new games April 2nd, Q,X,Y,Z

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/02/07 at 3:58 pm

and good news for Red Ant, I figured out a way to fix the issue with the thumbnails, so he doesn't have to manually edit all the new ones anymore.

Subject: Re: Games Week, whatever.. new games April 2nd, Q,X,Y,Z

Written By: Red Ant on 04/02/07 at 4:44 pm

and good news for Red Ant, I figured out a way to fix the issue with the thumbnails, so he doesn't have to manually edit all the new ones anymore.

Thanks! I can instead spend the time making descriptions.

It looks like ~100 new games were added. Very manageable number for a week.

Written By: whistledog on 04/02/07 at 8:21 pm

That game Zwill is stupid.  I just spent an hour going through the game collecting all the stars and cheeses, when it turns out that the high score is based on how many enemies you jump on.  Basically, you could just go back and forth between the same screens, re-jumping on the same enemies to get a super high score

Written By: wildcard on 04/02/07 at 11:04 pm

Qbert 04n on classic the snake disappears. I still need to try the other modes for this one

Qbertarcade is the classic version and it allows you to press the wrong direction and fall :D

Qbert04 has the ice level which may be the the same as the mode in 04n

QbertJS is the arcade

Written By: wildcard on 04/03/07 at 12:10 am

Qberts

js will not let you fall off the cliff, but the arcade version will. other then that they are the same.

04 offers the same arcade that arcade is and in the 2004 selection under classic the snake comes out and disappears.  The other 2004 modes work

04n only has 2004 and once again under classic the snake comes out and disappears.  The other 2004 modes work

Written By: Red Ant on 04/03/07 at 6:47 pm

That game Zwill is stupid.  I just spent an hour going through the game collecting all the stars and cheeses, when it turns out that the high score is based on how many enemies you jump on.  Basically, you could just go back and forth between the same screens, re-jumping on the same enemies to get a super high score

I played it. Yeah, too bad the scoring sucks on that one. It's up to you if you want it deleted: your trophy.

Which Q-Bert games should stay? 4 games that are essentially the same seems like overkill.

Same with the 4 Xtreme Shell games - the only difference between those 4 is the difficulty level.

There's quite a few other duplicates as well in this batch of games. I file 13d three more Break-Out and Tetris clones already.

Written By: whistledog on 04/03/07 at 7:12 pm

I played it. Yeah, too bad the scoring sucks on that one. It's up to you if you want it deleted: your trophy.

Zwill should be deleted.  It's not really much of a challenge when you can attain a high score so easily. 
In the game, when you reach the top, there is a balloon that supposedly takes you to another level, but it's required 160 cheeses and 130 stars, which isn't possible cause there aren't that many in the game to collect

Written By: wildcard on 04/03/07 at 7:16 pm

Which Q-Bert games should stay? 4 games that are essentially the same seems like overkill.

QbertArcadeGC  should stay.  It works and it is the original game.

Written By: Red Ant on 04/03/07 at 8:14 pm

Zwill should be deleted.  It's not really much of a challenge when you can attain a high score so easily. 
In the game, when you reach the top, there is a balloon that supposedly takes you to another level, but it's required 160 cheeses and 130 stars, which isn't possible cause there aren't that many in the game to collect

Gone.

BTW, you have to try ZCP2002. It's funny as hell.

QbertArcadeGC  should stay.  It works and it is the original game.

Okay, I'll probbaly get to removing the others in a day or so.

Most of the Yeti games wouldn't finish loading or were duplicates, so they are cleaned up now.

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/03/07 at 9:55 pm

Gone.

BTW, you have to try ZCP2002. It's funny as hell.

Okay, I'll probably get to removing the others in a day or so.

Most of the Yeti games wouldn't finish loading or were duplicates, so they are cleaned up now.

I knew when I picked the Y's there was gonna be a bunch of those in there.  how many different ways can that mean yeti slaughter poor penguins anyways?

Written By: whistledog on 04/03/07 at 9:58 pm

I knew when I picked the Y's there was gonna be a bunch of those in there.  how many different ways can that mean yeti slaughter poor penguins anyways?

I'm waiting for the Yeti to shoot them out of a cannon ;D

Written By: whistledog on 04/04/07 at 2:13 am

There are three Quickbrick games, but they are all legit, and each one is fun ...

Quickbricktpp - Tournament Edition
Quickbrickppp - Puzzle Edition
Quickbrickepp - Endless Edition

Written By: wildcard on 04/04/07 at 1:13 pm

There are three Quickbrick games, but they are all legit, and each one is fun ...

Quickbricktpp - Tournament Edition
Quickbrickppp - Puzzle Edition
Quickbrickepp - Endless Edition

there is also a fourth, pp, that combines these versions.  I started to play it, but went back to the QbertArcade.

Written By: whistledog on 04/04/07 at 2:18 pm

there is also a fourth, pp, that combines these versions.  I started to play it, but went back to the QbertArcade.

It must have a different title.  I like it better as three separate games, cause they are all equally challenging and give varying scores.  Plus, I have top score in all three :D

Written By: wildcard on 04/04/07 at 5:54 pm

It must have a different title.  I like it better as three separate games, cause they are all equally challenging and give varying scores.  Plus, I have top score in all three :D

It's titled Qbrick but the games are the same.  you just want 3 separate games to have a high score in.

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/06/jestera.gif

Written By: wildcard on 04/05/07 at 5:29 pm

The Quickbricktpp will let you continue with all of the points you've earned as many times as you want. 

Written By: nally on 04/05/07 at 6:14 pm

There are now two Znax games in the Arcade.

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=play;game=924 is the URL for the newer of them.

Written By: wildcard on 04/05/07 at 7:17 pm

QbertArcade is the best, but some of the newer modes do offer some challenges.  Keep Qbert04 for the 2004 games and QbertArcade for the original

Written By: Red Ant on 04/05/07 at 11:07 pm

Thanks for pointing out the duplicates. I had some things come up in the past few days that took my time away from working on the arcade, but I'll have things fixed in a day or so.

Written By: wildcard on 04/06/07 at 12:50 pm

QbertArcade is the best, but some of the newer modes do offer some challenges.  Keep Qbert04 for the 2004 games and QbertArcade for the original

Wait, I can play the arcade in 04.  Keep Qbert04GC

Written By: nally on 04/06/07 at 4:01 pm

Wait, I can play the arcade in 04.  Keep Qbert04GC

So how many Qbert games are there altogether? ??? I haven't had any time to check 'em out yet.

Written By: wildcard on 04/06/07 at 5:57 pm

So how many Qbert games are there altogether? ??? I haven't had any time to check 'em out yet.

In 04, there is an arcade which is your regular mountian game.  Under 2004 you can play a jungle, castle, or ice version.  There is a clasic version you can select too, but it is the same as the arcade and the snake shouldn't pop out and suddenly disappear like it does.   

Written By: nally on 04/06/07 at 11:44 pm

In 04, there is an arcade which is your regular mountian game.  Under 2004 you can play a jungle, castle, or ice version.  There is a clasic version you can select too, but it is the same as the arcade and the snake shouldn't pop out and suddenly disappear like it does.   

Okay, cool. I have never played the game before, but I'll try it when I have the time. :)

Written By: whistledog on 04/23/07 at 11:45 pm

That XL Jump game is almost impossible.  Everytime I get close to 3,000, I get this big long jump that's impossible to make.  I don't think 3,000 is possible in that game :-\\

Written By: Red Ant on 04/24/07 at 12:35 am

That XL Jump game is almost impossible.  Everytime I get close to 3,000, I get this big long jump that's impossible to make.  I don't think 3,000 is possible in that game :-\\

I think it is.  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 04/24/07 at 12:57 am

I think it is.  ;D

so I see, which I now beat you lol

I kept on getting these long impossible jumps when I got past 2900 points.  I was like jinxed or something ;D

Written By: Red Ant on 04/24/07 at 1:04 am

so I see, which I now beat you lol

I kept on getting these long impossible jumps when I got past 2900 points.  I was like jinxed or something ;D

6758 should keep you busy for 10 minutes or so...

Written By: whistledog on 04/24/07 at 1:23 am

6758 should keep you busy for 10 minutes or so...

It took me almost 10 minutes exact to beat that

10240 should keep you busy for 100 minutes ;D

Written By: Tam on 04/24/07 at 2:17 pm

Are there no other games in the arcade? ??? ;D
Jeez, you would think whistledog's mission in life is to shadow Red Ant and beat him at every turn! ;D

Written By: whistledog on 04/24/07 at 3:16 pm

Jeez, you would think whistledog's mission in life is to shadow Red Ant and beat him at every turn! ;D

That is my main goal here at 00ze ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...