inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Competition Anyone?

Written By: Suicidal Blonde on 04/12/07 at 3:34 pm

Who do you feel competes with you the most in the Arcade?

Tokjct ( whom I nicknamed Toxic)  & Whistledog are always on my tail  ;D

Subject: Re: Competition Anyone?

Written By: whistledog on 04/12/07 at 3:55 pm

I do always seem to be beating your scores ;D 
Generally, the arcade moves so slow, I usually just click games that I see have been recently played lol

I get competition mostly from Red Ant and tokjct. 
tokjct usually beats my scores of games that I Don't play all that often.  I have fun beating Red Ant's scores ;D

Written By: Henk on 04/12/07 at 4:03 pm

Everyone seems to be all over me lately. I just can't keep up with Red Ant, whistledog, tokjct, Hot Rod and the like... There's too many games to play, and too little time for me to play them.

If anyone wants to take my scores, so be it. I've stopped competing. Right now, I only play random games (with a few exceptions).

Written By: whistledog on 04/15/07 at 7:14 pm

Everyone seems to be all over me lately. I just can't keep up with Red Ant, whistledog, tokjct, Hot Rod and the like... There's too many games to play, and too little time for me to play them.

If anyone wants to take my scores, so be it. I've stopped competing. Right now, I only play random games (with a few exceptions).

I don't compete as much anymore either.  I usually just go into the arcade, and play the latest games that have been played.  There's so many games in there now, the only way to play them is random it seems

Written By: wildcard on 04/19/07 at 11:15 am

I don't feel like anyone is really after me.  I make myself a challenge by stealing from champions.   

Written By: nally on 04/22/07 at 12:41 pm

KatKit (who still has ZERO posts) has been battling me for the Tetris crown for ages now.

Written By: wildcard on 04/22/07 at 3:07 pm

KatKit (who still has ZERO posts) has been battling me for the Tetris crown for ages now.

Maybe I ought to take it

Written By: nally on 04/23/07 at 10:55 am

Maybe I ought to take it

Tetris? Why sure!

Written By: tokjct on 05/12/07 at 2:12 am

My friends,  I just discovered this message board tonight...(this morning...it's almost 3am EDT).
I want everyone to know that I very much enjoy the competition...and now that I know there is a discussion board relating to the Video Games, I'll be over here as often as possible.  BTW...Parasites was a hoot!  But I really enjoyed ROADBLOCK. 

When I first began to participate in these games, I was blocked for a while and told that I had to post to the discussion groups...which I do as often as I can.  I've had a few interesting bits of discussion...  Since I'm am a member of the OFOA (Old Farts of America) I have shared a few ancient memories with some of the relevant groups.  I kind of agree that someone who doesn't post anything on the discussion boards is really missing the reason for belonging to an association such as "In the OO's". 

Anyway...I'll be around these discussion groups (now that I know they exist) and I really hope no one is upset by some of my, (what shall I call them)  ..."take aways" of the championships.  Aren't these games supposed to be "fun"? ::)

peace... Lee (aka tokjct) 

Written By: Henk on 05/12/07 at 2:19 am

My friends,  I just discovered this message board tonight...(this morning...it's almost 3am EDT).
I want everyone to know that I very much enjoy the competition...and now that I know there is a discussion board relating to the Video Games, I'll be over here as often as possible.   BTW...Parasites was a hoot!  But I really enjoyed ROADBLOCK.   

When I first began to participate in these games, I was blocked for a while and told that I had to post to the discussion groups...which I do as often as I can.  I've had a few interesting bits of discussion...   Since I'm am a member of the OFOA (Old Farts of America) I have shared a few ancient memories with some of the relevant groups.  I kind of agree that someone who doesn't post anything on the discussion boards is really missing the reason for belonging to an association such as "In the OO's". 

Anyway...I'll be around these discussion groups (now that I know they exist) and I really hope no one is upset by some of my, (what shall I call them)  ..."take aways" of the championships.   Aren't these games supposed to be "fun"? ::)

Well Lee...as far as I'm concerned, anyone constructively contributing to this board is a welcome member. :)

So...welcome aboard, and enjoy your stay.

Of course, this doesn't mean I like people taking away my trophies - but that's an entirely different story. ;)

Written By: tokjct on 05/12/07 at 2:24 am

Well Lee...as far as I'm concerned, anyone constructively contributing to this board is a welcome member. :)

So...welcome aboard, and enjoy your stay.

Of course, this doesn't mean I like people taking away my trophies - but that's an entirely different story. ;)

Thanks Henk...and touche'     

peace...Lee

Written By: whistledog on 05/12/07 at 2:39 am

I want everyone to know that I very much enjoy the competition...and now that I know there is a discussion board relating to the Video Games, I'll be over here as often as possible.   BTW...Parasites was a hoot!  But I really enjoyed ROADBLOCK.  

When I first began to participate in these games, I was blocked for a while and told that I had to post to the discussion groups...which I do as often as I can.  I've had a few interesting bits of discussion...   Since I'm am a member of the OFOA (Old Farts of America) I have shared a few ancient memories with some of the relevant groups.  I kind of agree that someone who doesn't post anything on the discussion boards is really missing the reason for belonging to an association such as "In the OO's". 

Anyway...I'll be around these discussion groups (now that I know they exist) and I really hope no one is upset by some of my, (what shall I call them)  ..."take aways" of the championships.   Aren't these games supposed to be "fun"? ::)

It's alright if you take away trophies.  I actually don't mind losing some of the ones I got, cause I like the challenge of trying to win them back :)

Written By: tokjct on 05/12/07 at 2:42 am

I do always seem to be beating your scores ;D 
Generally, the arcade moves so slow, I usually just click games that I see have been recently played lol

I get competition mostly from Red Ant and tokjct. 
tokjct usually beats my scores of games that I Don't play all that often.  I have fun beating Red Ant's scores ;D

When I get on every day...I check the message board first then I go to the arcade and usually click on the games that have just been posted.

peace... Lee  (aka tokjct)

Written By: tokjct on 05/12/07 at 2:47 am

It's alright if you take away trophies.  I actually don't mind losing some of the ones I got, cause I like the challenge of trying to win them back :)

There are many games where I know I cannot ever reach  top...(some of the mah jongg games, for example)...so I just see if I can get the best score I can for second or third or ninth place...or whatever!

:-[

peace...Lee

Written By: tokjct on 05/12/07 at 2:54 am

Ms. Blond, I hope you don't think I was after you...It just happened, coincidentally,  that when I started competing, our paths crossed on a lot of games.
BTW... The town of Tok Junction, Alaska, is the place where my Army mountain-climbing expeditionary group had it's base camp when we climbed Mount Wrangell, back in May 1965. 

Written By: wildcard on 05/12/07 at 2:31 pm

I love the challenge of taking back games. 

Written By: nally on 05/12/07 at 5:09 pm

That's ok by me. :) I know I've already swiped at least 2 of yours.

Written By: whistledog on 05/12/07 at 6:11 pm

That's ok by me. :) I know I've already swiped at least 2 of yours.

Tetris was one of them, though I think you took the score away from the person who originally took it away from me lol

Written By: wildcard on 05/13/07 at 11:32 am

I've been stealing from whistledog and red ant because I know they like the challenge.  Is anyone else extra competitive? or should I not worry about it and start attacking all of you? 

Written By: nally on 05/13/07 at 7:06 pm

Tetris was one of them, though I think you took the score away from the person who originally took it away from me lol

That's true. Technically I didn't unseat you; I unseated the person who unseated you. And that person and I have been playing cat and mouse with the Tetris topscore. :o :o

Written By: whistledog on 05/13/07 at 10:24 pm

That's true. Technically I didn't unseat you; I unseated the person who unseated you. And that person and I have been playing cat and mouse with the Tetris topscore. :o :o

I honestly never thought I would get beat in that game.  On another board I used to belong to, they had that same game, and I had a score of a little over 1,000,000 that stood for close to a year until they removed their arcade.  I retired the undefeated champion ;D

Written By: nally on 05/14/07 at 10:18 am

I honestly never thought I would get beat in that game.  On another board I used to belong to, they had that same game, and I had a score of a little over 1,000,000 that stood for close to a year until they removed their arcade.  I retired the undefeated champion ;D

Omg... did they have the same version of Tetris that they have here?

Written By: EthanM on 05/14/07 at 11:25 am

I find that whistledog, red ant, and wildcard have taken a bunch of mine, but I don't specifically go after the high scores of others.

Some of my scores seem to be untouchable (cricket, sandwich stacker) although I wish others would try. My  Military snow score might actually be unbeatable

Written By: wildcard on 05/16/07 at 4:54 pm

I find that whistledog, red ant, and wildcard have taken a bunch of mine, but I don't specifically go after the high scores of others.

Some of my scores seem to be untouchable (cricket, sandwich stacker) although I wish others would try. My  Military snow score might actually be unbeatable

I know I've recently taken one from you, but I don't think I've taken a bunch from you.

Written By: snozberries on 09/30/07 at 11:25 am

I've been stealing from whistledog and red ant because I know they like the challenge.  Is anyone else extra competitive? or should I not worry about it and start attacking all of you? 

I just take what I can when I can... no hard feelings I just suck at a lot of the games and revel in delight with the ones I can actually conquer... ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...