inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: FORBIDDEN??? Indeed!!!

Written By: tokjct on 05/26/07 at 3:29 pm

Can anyone explain to me why, once in a while, after I have signed in and have played a few games...suddenly I will get a page that says in bold letters FORBIDDEN...and a bunch of other nonsense.  I back out...try again for a game of choice...and sometimes, usually, I'll get the game I want, but occasionally... I get that FORBIDDEN page again.  So what's the story???

What is this FORBIDDEN page???? Anyone???  :o :o :o

peace...Lee (aka tokjct) :P

Subject: Re: FORBIDDEN??? Indeed!!!

Written By: nally on 05/26/07 at 3:32 pm

You're not alone...I've experienced that a lot lately in the Arcade, and so have others. Chucky's been looking into the issue.

Written By: whistledog on 05/26/07 at 9:55 pm

I too get the Forbidden error.  If I switch to Firefox, I still sometimes get the error, but for some reason there's a good chance that I won't see it quite as often

Written By: Red Ant on 05/26/07 at 11:40 pm

I haven't received that error in quite some time, but then again I've barely played the arcade in the past month.  :-\\

Written By: Red Ant on 05/26/07 at 11:45 pm

I just checked the error log, and the arcade has logged 148,241 pages of errors since I wiped it around six weeks ago. Every time a game is played (or perhaps even clicked on) it generates 5 errors per user.

That's over 2.2 million errors generated in 6 weeks, or 2200 errors per hour. I'd say something isn't right...

Written By: nally on 05/27/07 at 7:28 pm

I just checked the error log, and the arcade has logged 148,241 pages of errors since I wiped it around six weeks ago. Every time a game is played (or perhaps even clicked on) it generates 5 errors per user.

That's over 2.2 million errors generated in 6 weeks, or 2200 errors per hour. I'd say something isn't right...

I'd say so too. Something is definitely wrong with this picture. An "error" shouldn't be generated everytime someone clicks on a game, that makes absolutely no sense (or dollars) to me. ::)

I haven't received that error in quite some time, but then again I've barely played the arcade in the past month.  :-\\

I've barely played it in the past couple weeks myself. Not because of the error nonsense, but because I've been concentrating on my studies and have more finals coming up.

Written By: whistledog on 05/30/07 at 8:52 pm

whistledog  198
Red Ant  149

C'mon, where's that competition :\'(

Written By: loki 13 on 05/31/07 at 7:45 pm

I haven't been playing the arcade that much because of the forbidden message. I've been reading
post that say it isn't happening that often so I ventured into the arcade only to be barraged by that
damn "FORBIDDEN." It took me ten minutes just to get back to the boards. >:(

Written By: La Roche on 05/31/07 at 8:31 pm

I haven't been playing the arcade that much because of the forbidden message. I've been reading
post that say it isn't happening that often so I ventured into the arcade only to be barraged by that

Same here, I haven't played at all for ages.

Written By: nally on 05/31/07 at 10:29 pm

I wonder if that's what contributed to the board running slow for me earlier today. :-\\

Written By: whistledog on 05/31/07 at 10:33 pm

Whenever I see those FORBIDDEN errors, I switch to Firefox (which I hate to have to do, cause Firefox sucks) and the arcade works ok

Written By: nally on 05/31/07 at 11:10 pm

I don't get a chance to use Firefox very much. Only on certain public computers.

Written By: Red Ant on 06/01/07 at 12:24 am

whistledog  198
Red Ant  149

C'mon, where's that competition :\'(

I'm taking an indefinite leave from the arcade here.

Written By: Henk on 06/01/07 at 12:30 am

I'm taking an indefinite leave from the arcade here.

Your kiddin' me, right?  :-\\  Why's that? ???

Written By: Red Ant on 06/08/07 at 3:43 am

Your kiddin' me, right?  :-\\  Why's that? ???

No kidding. It's mainly due to me having other more important things to attend to these days.

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/08/07 at 10:09 am

I'll be moving inthe00s to a new server next week hopefully.  that should clean up the 403 forbidden errors.

The other errors in the logs are due to problems with the arcade script, they've always been there and can be ignored.

Check for new replies or respond here...