inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Portal

Written By: Red Ant on 10/13/07 at 1:57 pm

I was looking around today and found this game called Portal. It's a decent flash game that doesn't involve blinding speed: it's more strategy.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/games/play/41502/

Apparently you have infinite lives. I got killed about 20 times on level 14. I guarantee even Jason will die the first time he enters that level.  ;D

Ant

Subject: Re: Portal

Written By: whistledog on 10/13/07 at 7:31 pm

Man, that game is awesome and so addictive!

I breezed through the first 8 Levels.  Level 9 was a challenge, and Level 14 was tough, but holy jeezus Level 15 took me almost a half hour to figure out LOL

(for now) I gave up at Level 21

Written By: Red Ant on 10/13/07 at 9:18 pm

Yeah, level 15 is pretty much all luck.

Level 20 - how do you release the energy ball?

Ant

Written By: whistledog on 10/13/07 at 9:59 pm

The Energy Ball is Level 21.  There seems to be a glitch or something because the ball is supposed to release.  I don't know what I did, but somehow I jumped through so many holes that I just jumped right into the exit.  I am now at Level 24, and the energy balls all move

Written By: whistledog on 10/13/07 at 10:13 pm

Level 24 was mighty tricky, but nothing I can't handle 8)

Written By: Red Ant on 10/13/07 at 10:17 pm

Level 21 is bugged - hitting O will release the ball.

I made it to 32 - the game locked up in that level. Trying it again.

Ant

Written By: whistledog on 10/13/07 at 11:06 pm

I don't like Level 32.  I know how to do it, but the stupid guy doesn't want to jump in that tunnel all the time >:(

Written By: Red Ant on 10/13/07 at 11:09 pm

I don't like Level 32.  I know how to do it, but the stupid guy doesn't want to jump in that tunnel all the time >:(

How do you avoid the last gunner thingy? I can make it that far but he wipes me out every time.

Also, I'm haivng a lot of lock ups this round for some reason.

Level 33 is uses different tactics apparently.

Ant

Written By: whistledog on 10/13/07 at 11:13 pm

How do you avoid the last gunner thingy? I can make it that far but he wipes me out every time.

Also, I'm haivng a lot of lock ups this round for some reason.

Level 33 is uses different tactics apparently.

Ant

I haven't been able to open the hatch yet to get to that last gunner.  I figure as you fall, put a h ole on the left side, then put one as you land, so shoot to the exit

Written By: whistledog on 10/13/07 at 11:19 pm

I need to take a break for a little while.  Level 32 is pissing me off sooo bad >:( ;D

Written By: Red Ant on 10/13/07 at 11:21 pm

I haven't been able to open the hatch yet to get to that last gunner.  I figure as you fall, put a h ole on the left side, then put one as you land, so shoot to the exit

If you tell me how to do screen shots, I can show you how to open the last door.

Ant

Written By: Red Ant on 10/14/07 at 12:15 am

I'm up to 37 now. I think I'll call it a night.

Ant

Written By: whistledog on 10/14/07 at 10:59 am

I completed level 32.  I took one of those gun things with me once i opened the wall, and threw it to the bottom to shield some of the fire.  It worked

Written By: wildcard on 10/14/07 at 11:55 am

I played it for a little while, but I didn't get very far.  My brother; Joel; has this game on his computer.  He wouldn't tell me how far he's gotton before.

Written By: wildcard on 10/14/07 at 4:24 pm

The first time I got to 14 I knew what to do I just couldn't do it fast enough.  I've completed 20 so far giving my laptop rests in between.  This is fun now that I'm at levels I can get myself killed at.

Written By: Red Ant on 10/14/07 at 10:20 pm

I finally beat it. Cool game, lame ending. Levels 37-40 are no where near as hard as say 15, 32, 34 and 36.

Ant

Written By: wildcard on 10/15/07 at 11:27 am

I still have to figure out 36.  I just thought of writing Another Glitch Through The Wall. 

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/19/07 at 12:19 am

The cake is a lie.

(We do what we must, because we can.)

Written By: Red Ant on 10/20/07 at 8:29 pm

The cake is a lie.

(We do what we must, because we can.)

I was going to play level 40 again to see what you're talking about, but my cookies seem to have been wiped and thus I'd have to play through from level 1 again. I'll pass.

Ant

Written By: wildcard on 10/20/07 at 10:36 pm

I had noticed I am going to have to start again too.

Check for new replies or respond here...