inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Arcade Improvements and New Games!

Written By: Red Ant on 10/17/07 at 9:05 pm

We'd like to add new games to the arcade so you all can have some new and fun games to play. Before we do that though, we need to improve the existing arcade by removing basically dead games, duplicates and anything that is broken and/or cheateable.

If we add new games to the existing arcade as it is, the load time will be horrendous and no one will use it.

What I'd like to do is remove any game not played in a year or more, or that has less than 30 scores recorded. I know you guys and girls love your trophies, and I have some that will go as well, but there are too many duplicate and lame games here. To bring in better games we need to get rid of some of the dead weight, so to speak.

There are still close to 2000 games we have not yet installed, so fear not: there's still plenty of room for all to get a trophy or two!

If you know of games that are really lame, never played or duplicates, please list them here by game name (not URL). I'll remove them to make room for better games.

Ant

Subject: Re: Arcade Improvements and New Games!

Written By: Red Ant on 10/17/07 at 9:43 pm

With games that I delete, I'll post the high score and username here, so they can still have the trophy.... here anyway.

1992 - whistledog - 25005 - deleted for being bugged past level 5
2 Deep - Red Ant - 35400 - deleted for horrific lag in latter levels
7/11 UFO - whistledog - 24440 - played once in the past year
Altex - Lullaby - 102 - deleted for being lame
Asteroids Flash - Red Ant - 644800 - cheatable
Ball - 60 - whistledog/Red Ant - maxxed high score, unplayed in 1 year+

More to come later...

Boo - 28 - Tam - Cheatable, lame
Breakout v2 - 2975 - Davey Thrashmister - No sound, lame Breakout clone.
Bricks in the Wall - 8480 - Guest (Henk, I think) - Not played, German instructions, lame.

Fury Pad - 35 - Red Ant - bugged

Whack - whistledog - max top score, not played.
Whack the Dead - wildcard - not played, max level of 10
Whack a Frit, Fuzzy, Stress (3) - Red Ant - lame, not played duplicates

Wing - 39 - snozberries - played 13 times in 2 years

XShell Game - Easy - 1050 - tokjct
XShell Game - Medium, Hard, Extreme - 650, 700, 600 wildcard

Zombie - 2600 - whisteldog - played only 7 times.

Ant

Written By: whistledog on 10/17/07 at 10:09 pm

How's about Duck Hunt?  I know some might want that one to stay, but I honestly haven't seen anyone play it in a very long time.  To beat MArsh's score would take over 6 hours and I don't think anyone has that kind of time, nor wants to waste that much time as it really is a very boring game

Ball - 60 - Red Ant/whistledog - maxxed high score, unplayed in 1 year+

Oh sure, give yourself first billing, even though I was the first one to get 60 in that :P ;D

Written By: Red Ant on 10/17/07 at 10:19 pm

How's about Duck Hunt?  I know some might want that one to stay, but I honestly haven't seen anyone play it in a very long time.  To beat MArsh's score would take over 6 hours and I don't think anyone has that kind of time, nor wants to waste that much time as it really is a very boring game

Oh sure, give yourself first billing, even though I was the first one to get 60 in that :P ;D

I was first, alphabetically.  ;D

Duck Hunt might go in the future. If it hasn't been played in a year or more, it's probably getting the axe.

Ant

Written By: wildcard on 10/18/07 at 11:39 am

in Free you learn moves that make you invencible ( I didn't use any of these when I first stole it)

Mario Mushroom

Mario Star Catcher 2 is a shortened version of the first

Mario Tetris 3  Can't see a difference from the 2nd

Warrior 

Written By: wildcard on 10/18/07 at 7:13 pm

I started thinking about this in game types.  space invaders, frogger, tetris, and brickout are some types of games we seem to have quite a few of. 

Written By: nally on 10/19/07 at 10:43 am

I started thinking about this in game types.  space invaders, frogger, tetris, and brickout are some types of games we seem to have quite a few of. 

No!!! Don't purge Tetris! :( That's a very popular game...even if a postless member wrestles you for the crown. :-\\ (Btw, I've decided to not pursue the crown again for now.)

Written By: wildcard on 10/19/07 at 2:08 pm

Tetris is fun and I don't want to get rid of any of them nor any other game that isn't broken, duplicate, or cheatable.  I was just starting to look at the games in types we have a lot of as another method of sorting.  We would go nuts trying to search for the lamest games and peoples opinions are different.  The lamest of something we have a lot of ( like frogger) I would get rid of before getting rid of something that we only have one of.  This will be quite a project if hardly anyone volunteers their crowns.            ( I can't seem to play them long enough)

Written By: nally on 10/19/07 at 2:22 pm

Yes, we do have some "duplicate" games (ie, games that are exactly the same as others, with variations on the name)...and I haven't spotted any broken ones lately. I'd be willing to help get rid of "inactive" or "lame" games; there'd be lots of work to do.

Written By: wildcard on 10/19/07 at 5:14 pm

Four second Frenzy and Four Second Fury have no scores

Written By: nally on 10/20/07 at 1:02 pm

Four second Frenzy and Four Second Fury have no scores

Has anyone tried playing them? Maybe they're broken?

Written By: wildcard on 10/20/07 at 1:39 pm

Has anyone tried playing them? Maybe they're broken?

I've tried playing them.  They could be broken but some games wont let you score unless you win them.  This was the case with one of the games I have.

Written By: nally on 10/20/07 at 1:40 pm

I've tried playing them.  They could be broken but some games wont let you score unless you win them.  This was the case with one of the games I have.

That sucks. Maybe such games need to be pulled.

Written By: wildcard on 10/20/07 at 3:30 pm

That sucks. Maybe such games need to be pulled.

we'll just have to see what Red Ant wants to do and if others want to sacrifice any crowns.  I just want to be as helpful as possible. 

Written By: nally on 10/20/07 at 5:39 pm

we'll just have to see what Red Ant wants to do and if others want to sacrifice any crowns.  I just want to be as helpful as possible. 

yeah, me too. Early on, I helped spot some of the obvious broken games...which are gone now.

Written By: Red Ant on 10/20/07 at 8:27 pm

Thanks Ann and Jeff. I'll look through a bit more tonight and tomorrow to get rid of some of the games you mentioned.

Re: Four Second Frenzy/Fury, they are not broken, but they do not record scores. I thought when we were weeding out the then new F games they were good enough to stand on their own for entertainment factor. They really are quite fun. As far as I know, they are the only two games here that do not record scores.

Ant

Written By: nally on 10/21/07 at 1:53 pm

While browsing through the list, I came into the X's and found four instances of XtremeShell*Ste, the only difference in the names being that there is a different letter in place of the asterick. I have not played any of them yet, but I suspect that they might be similar or just the same as each other.

Written By: Red Ant on 10/21/07 at 1:57 pm

While browsing through the list, I came into the X's and found four instances of XtremeShell*Ste, the only difference in the names being that there is a different letter in place of the asterick. I have not played any of them yet, but I suspect that they might be similar or just the same as each other.

The difference are is in the difficulty levels. The first one is cake - the last one is insanely hard. They're all kiinda lame. Why they couldn't make one game with an adjustable difficulty setting is beyond me.

Ant

Written By: nally on 10/21/07 at 1:58 pm

The difference are is in the difficulty levels. The first one is cake - the last one is insanely hard. They're all kiinda lame. Why they couldn't make one game with an adjustable difficulty setting is beyond me.

Ant

Oh okay. That wasn't noticeable at first glance. Maybe I should have taken the time to play them before I assumed they were the same. :-\\ Thankx 4 the info.

Written By: wildcard on 10/21/07 at 3:46 pm

I wish they did give you all the options on one game.  Quickbrickpp contains the 3 other Quickbrick games.

Written By: wildcard on 10/23/07 at 9:33 pm

frogger report

Frogcrossing nothing exiting and doesn't get harder  delete
Frogger cute instructions and ambulance
Frogger 2 same as FroggerBH nothing exiting and neither of them get harder delete
Frogger 2004  Why did the frogger cross the road?  I think it's kind of boaring
Froggerste does have some action
Frogster has everything
Frogit northing exiting and doesn't get harder delete
Froggerjrs only has one level in it                 

If you want to get rid of the XtremeShell games for three and four balls especially that would be fine.  I don't think anyone plays them

Written By: Tam on 10/27/07 at 1:29 pm

Good start Red Ant and everyone else.
Might be time to just go through them and play them one by one for me and figure out what is crap and what isn't.....

....although Red Ant and I have been talking about something so we will see!

Written By: Tam on 10/27/07 at 1:51 pm

Here is a thought:

What do you (members) think about us wiping the arcade clean, and starting over fresh with games that work? That down slow the page load and that are uncheatable?

I would ultimately like to keep the games that work and their trophies - but if in the end we can't do that - would you still come back to play to attain new trophies and such?

Tam

Written By: wildcard on 10/27/07 at 5:32 pm

As far as crowns go I'd probably loose a bunch anyway.  Starting over would be fun for me. 

Written By: wildcard on 10/27/07 at 6:20 pm

I looked through my favorates which contain 87 crowns and I can only come up with 7 I rember really enjoying.  Chickflick, Donkey Kong, and Woopass would be my most missed games if they were to go, but we'll probably be seeing the same types of games and maybe even better ones 

Written By: nally on 10/29/07 at 10:34 am

So I guess some of the games have been wiped...as I notice there are now 748 games instead of 751.

Written By: wildcard on 10/29/07 at 10:47 am

So I guess some of the games have been wiped...as I notice there are now 748 games instead of 751.

I've noticed that too.  I guess were going to work on cleaning up.

Written By: Red Ant on 10/29/07 at 11:10 am

Here is a thought:

What do you (members) think about us wiping the arcade clean, and starting over fresh with games that work? That down slow the page load and that are uncheatable?

I would ultimately like to keep the games that work and their trophies - but if in the end we can't do that - would you still come back to play to attain new trophies and such?

Tam

I thought of wiping the arcade clean, but here's the kicker: the list you sent me is perhaps 80 games which were originally installed in the first arcade. Sure, they all work, but there are over 700 games here, some of which do not work. Reinstalling games past the original arcade, without knowing which ones have broken coding that are slowing things down, is the same craps shoot that installing them initially was.

Also, given the same system resources, an 80 game arcade is going to run much fast than a 750 game one.

I've deleted just 8 games so far, and the page load times are less than 7 seconds - iirc, they were up around 15-20 before.

Today I'm going to work on deleting duplicates (like the shell games) and ones that have not been played in forever. If I can get load times in the 5 second range, I'll be happy... for now.

Yeah, I removed a few yesterday. The games and scores are on page one of this thread.

Ant

Written By: Red Ant on 10/29/07 at 11:38 am

frogger report

Frogcrossing nothing exiting and doesn't get harder   delete
Frogger cute instructions and ambulance
Frogger 2 same as FroggerBH nothing exiting and neither of them get harder delete
Frogger 2004  Why did the frogger cross the road?  I think it's kind of boaring
Froggerste does have some action
Frogster has everything
Frogit northing exiting and doesn't get harder delete
Froggerjrs only has one level in it                 

If you want to get rid of the XtremeShell games for three and four balls especially that would be fine.  I don't think anyone plays them

Is Frogster the only one worth saving then?  3d frogger is also in the arcade - it's pretty hard, so it might be a keeper.

I don't play Tetris or Mah Jong - I know nally, Philip and Catwoman play them. Which ones should be saved?

Ant

Written By: whistledog on 10/29/07 at 12:35 pm

Karts needs to go because ...

♦ It's boring
♦ Nobody plays it
♦ A Guest is the champion
and did I mention it's boring?  There's no challenge to it.  You can literally sit there for hours and get all 9's, if you had the time

Written By: nally on 10/29/07 at 12:58 pm

♦ It's boring
♦ Nobody plays it
and did I mention it's boring?  There's no challenge to it.  You can literally sit there for hours and get all 9's, if you had the time

Yeah, the only way to lose a life is to crash into one of the blue cars. ::)

There are several games in which a Guest is the champion; that's because the champ's account is deleted (either by means of self-deletion or a ban). I wish some of those scores would disappear, but there's probably way too many of those. :o

Written By: wildcard on 10/29/07 at 7:08 pm

Is Frogster the only one worth saving then?  3d frogger is also in the arcade - it's pretty hard, so it might be a keeper.

I don't play Tetris or Mah Jong - I know nally, Philip and Catwoman play them. Which ones should be saved?

Ant

Pretty much yes the Frogester and the 3D because it's different.  I don't play the Mah Jong games at all.  I can give you a tetris report. 

Written By: whistledog on 10/29/07 at 7:40 pm

other games I don't see being played often ...

Panic Room
Choirboy (which is a super stupid game.  Too easy to cheat in it, just like 'Simon')

Written By: wildcard on 10/29/07 at 8:51 pm

Tetris plays like Tetris keep it

There's nothing speical about eaither mariotetris game and they are both the same

parasite has the parasites eating holes

tetrisv2 nothing special

Sonicblox  eggman gives you holes like in parasite but youcan make a charactor fall to smash him. Tetris Fun Award keep this

chavtris nothing special

Written By: whistledog on 10/29/07 at 10:49 pm

chavtris should definately go.  It sucks worse than a sucky game can suck lol

Written By: Tam on 10/30/07 at 9:25 pm

I'll let you know about the mahjong ones - I have to go play them again but I am sure that there are 3 that definitely need to stay.....

Written By: whistledog on 10/30/07 at 10:07 pm

I'll let you know about the mahjong ones - I have to go play them again but I am sure that there are 3 that definitely need to stay.....

Does that mean the other 100+ Mahjong games will go? ;D

Written By: nally on 10/30/07 at 11:44 pm

There's MahjongConnect and MahjongConnectJS...which seem exactly the same.

Written By: whistledog on 10/31/07 at 12:20 am

Chain Letters should go.  It's too easy to cheat on it, which makes it not much fun

Alot of the Break-Out clones can go.  The only ones that are really fun are 'Break It' and 'Star Ball MP' because they have guns and power-ups and stuff.  The others are just plain breakout, like pong.  Bo-ring!

Written By: wildcard on 10/31/07 at 12:44 am

Alot of the Break-Out clones can go.  The only ones that are really fun are 'Break It' and 'Star Ball MP' because they have guns and power-ups and stuff.  The others are just plain breakout, like pong.  Bo-ring!

You didn't see me playing those did you?  Star Ball MP and Break It are the best for items.  Breakout is the classic Ping Brick and Wb breakout are just bricks. Flash Break Out does have some items, but not much.   

Written By: whistledog on 10/31/07 at 12:46 am

You didn't see me playing those did you?  Star Ball MP and Break It are the best for items.  Breakout is the classic Ping Brick and Wb breakout are just bricks. Flash Break Out does have some items, but not much.   

Is Ping Brick the one with the black screen with the score large in the background, and the ball kind of has a mind of it's own?  That one should definately go

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/31/07 at 4:17 pm

There's MahjongConnect and MahjongConnectJS...which seem exactly the same.

They are actually different-especially when you get to level 2 (one is harder than the other). 

As to the mahjong games-keep them all-especially the ones which I have the top score.  ;) :D ;D ;D

Ok, ok. If that can't be done, give me a few days (I just noticed this thread) and I'll see which ones are good and which ones aren't. I do know there is one with the directions in German which I don't try to decipher. You can guess who has the top score-probably the only person on this board who can speak/read German.  ;)

Cat

Written By: wildcard on 11/16/07 at 12:30 am

A while ago I was playing the zookeeper type games

Ray Ray lasts 3minutes and Flower Frenzy lasts 4 other then that I see no difference between them

I don't see a big difference between the two Zookeeper game.  Fun Fun Animals plays like these two and you also have to get a certian # of whatever animal.

As for Jewls all I know is after 21 levels I don't think I'm ever going to play it again.  I don't understand it 

Written By: Henk on 11/16/07 at 11:24 am

They are actually different-especially when you get to level 2 (one is harder than the other). 

Also, one of the two gives you the option of submitting your score, whereas the other automatically submits any score (which I don't like).

I forgot which was which... :-\\ :-
As to the mahjong games-keep them all-especially the ones which I have the top score.  ;) :D ;D ;D

Ok, ok. If that can't be done, give me a few days (I just noticed this thread) and I'll see which ones are good and which ones aren't. I do know there is one with the directions in German which I don't try to decipher. You can guess who has the top score-probably the only person on this board who can speak/read German.  ;)

Cat

You're not referring to me, are you...? ???

♦ It's boring
♦ Nobody plays it

That "Guest" would be me, I suppose.

Haven't played Karts in eons...Yes, it's boring.

Written By: nally on 11/16/07 at 12:10 pm

That "Guest" would be me, I suppose.

Haven't played Karts in eons...Yes, it's boring.

Yes, under your old account of "Faultydog"....which also has held the top spot on Roulette (I think) for ages.

Written By: Henk on 11/16/07 at 12:11 pm

Yes, under your old account of "Faultydog"....which also has held the top spot on Roulette (I think) for ages.

Heh...True! Nearly forgot about that one too.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/17/07 at 4:37 pm

Also, one of the two gives you the option of submitting your score, whereas the other automatically submits any score (which I don't like).

I forgot which was which... :-\\ :-

You're not referring to me, are you...? ???

Well.... ;)

Cat

Written By: Henk on 11/17/07 at 4:45 pm

I agree with you. I don't like when games automatically submit your score. I like it when you have a choice-there are many games that I don't always submit my scores.

Same here. If I've done poorly, I don't submit (given the choice).

BTW: Mahjong Connect is the game that gives you the option, MahjongconnectJS is the game that submits automatically. So I think the first one should stay.

Well.... ;)

Cat

Na sowas... :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/17/07 at 4:48 pm

Same here. If I've done poorly, I don't submit (given the choice).

BTW: Mahjong Connect is the game that gives you the option, MahjongconnectJS is the game that submits automatically. So I think the first one should stay.

Na sowas... :D

Personally, I think both should stay because one is more of a challenge. But, I do like them both-depending on my mood.

Cat

Written By: Red Ant on 11/24/07 at 12:46 am

Here's some of the Mah Jongg Games (ignore the "delete"s):

Mah Jongg Delete
Mah Jongg Garden Delete
Mah Jongg Toy Delete
MahconnSte Delete
MahGC Delete
Mahjong Delete
Mahjong Connect Delete
MahjongconnectJS Delete
Mahjongg Delete
Mahjongg1 Delete
Mahjongg3DwinTilesTh Delete
MahjonggBH Delete

~~

Which 3 or 4 are the "best"? Also, the 3 or 4 we save, if you have a better name for them, let me know.

Also, if you guys and gals could, if possible, list alphabetically or by page number, the lame games that should go, that would be better for me than random ones here and there. Jumping back and forth a lot on the admin page is sometimes slow going.

Thanks for all the help so far. I hope to have new games coming in the next few weeks. Apparently I missed a ton of games the first time around, particularly the reload of the F (?) games. It's much easier to play them a few times when they first come out than it is to sift through 700 of them at a time.

Ant

Written By: wildcard on 12/29/07 at 2:24 pm

duckhunt                my brother showed me how to kill the ducks without shooting them
halloween                the scoring is random
f1 kart                    am I driving through the same pattern?
free                        hold down the W and jump everyone touched while jumping dies
karts                        the same game as f1 kart
mario mushroom        if you know how to follow the simplest of directions and control Mario then it isn't much of a game
mario tetris  2&3        I can't find a difference between them
mario starcatcher2      is the same as the first but with less levels
renult mrx                  what's with the scoring? doesn't seem to be based on speed or staying on the road
warrior                      no skill just go it's not even a maze
yahtzee                    I've heard that it's buggy   

Written By: Henk on 12/29/07 at 3:26 pm

Here's some of the Mah Jongg Games (ignore the "delete"s):

Mah Jongg Delete
Mah Jongg Garden Delete
Mah Jongg Toy Delete
MahconnSte Delete
MahGC Delete
Mahjong Delete
Mahjong Connect Delete
MahjongconnectJS Delete
Mahjongg Delete
Mahjongg1 Delete
Mahjongg3DwinTilesTh Delete
MahjonggBH Delete

~~

Which 3 or 4 are the "best"? Also, the 3 or 4 we save, if you have a better name for them, let me know.

Personally, I don't think any of these should go.

Written By: wildcard on 01/03/08 at 1:37 pm

I don’t think  Zelda, The Collecting Of Pills  adds anything to the Pac Man games.  What is Link doing collecting pills anyway?

Written By: Red Ant on 01/31/08 at 12:18 am

I've received a disc with several thousand flash games on it. I'm going to try to add a few new qulality games to the arcade here every week.

duckhunt                 my brother showed me how to kill the ducks without shooting them
f1 kart                     am I driving through the same pattern?
free                         hold down the W and jump everyone touched while jumping dies
karts                        the same game as f1 kart
mario mushroom        if you know how to follow the simplest of directions and control Mario then it isn't much of a game
mario tetris  2&3        I can't find a difference between them
renult mrx                  what's with the scoring? doesn't seem to be based on speed or staying on the road
warrior                       no skill just go it's not even a maze
yahtzee                     I've heard that it's buggy   

Which of these games are exploitable? I'd rather not have cheatable games here.

Ant

Written By: Tam on 01/31/08 at 12:21 am

I've received a disc with several thousand flash games on it. I'm going to try to add a few new qulality games to the arcade here every week.

Which of these games are exploitable? I'd rather not have cheatable games here.

Ant

I know duckhunt is - The Son showed me the trick to not shooting and still killing the ducks - but I forget now :-\\ :-[

and free is - of course The Son showed me too so I don't know why I didnt take care of those 2 a while ago....

Written By: nally on 01/31/08 at 12:23 am

yahtzee                     I've heard that it's buggy   

You're right...it is buggy. Sometimes it credits you for a yahtzee when you only have four of a kind, and sometimes it doesn't add up all your dice when you select 3 or 4 of a kind. Or if you click a specified amount (1 through 6), it doesn't always count all the dice that specialize in that amount. It's not consistent.

Written By: wildcard on 02/01/08 at 12:08 pm

Duckhunt and Free Would be the two cheatable games in this list.

Written By: wildcard on 04/18/08 at 11:39 am

just wondering whats happening. It's been quiet her for a while.

Written By: whistledog on 04/18/08 at 11:54 am

I thnk there should be voting.  Everyone pick games that they think should go and after say 2 weeks, the ones that no one disagrees with should go

I would nominate:

AutomobilGC - It's boring
Chain Letters - It's easily cheatable
Cheesy Chase - because it just plain sux.  Anyone who disagrees, sux LOL

Written By: wildcard on 04/18/08 at 2:55 pm

^ good nominees 

It would be nice to know if someone was planning to do something at some point of time. 

Written By: Red Ant on 04/18/08 at 8:04 pm

^ good nominees 

It would be nice to know if someone was planning to do something at some point of time. 

I've been wanting to get the arcade updated and some new games added for like a year now. I can delete the lame games here and there, it just takes time to do it.

As far as adding new games, the disc I have has 4000+ of them on it, 1/4 of which are or were here at one point. Most are labeled with a code like F-86 instead of a game name, and playing them all to sort out the crap/duplicates/explicit games is something I haven't had time for.

I'll  try to go through this thread Sunday and eliminate all the cheatable and lame games you guys have been listing.

Ant

Written By: loki 13 on 04/18/08 at 8:50 pm

I'll  try to go through this thread Sunday and eliminate all the cheatable and lame games you guys have been listing.

Please leave the Mahjong games as they are my only solace.  ;D

I may not always submit a score but believe I bounce from one Mahjong game to another.

Written By: wildcard on 04/18/08 at 10:30 pm

I've been wanting to get the arcade updated and some new games added for like a year now. I can delete the lame games here and there, it just takes time to do it.

As far as adding new games, the disc I have has 4000+ of them on it, 1/4 of which are or were here at one point. Most are labeled with a code like F-86 instead of a game name, and playing them all to sort out the crap/duplicates/explicit games is something I haven't had time for.

Ant

Wish I could help you with the new games.  I have too much time on my hands right now. 

Written By: nally on 04/18/08 at 10:39 pm

Yeah, it was about a year ago when we last had some new games added. As I recall, something went screwy with the server last April...and, well, it was kindof a long story.

I'll try to go through this thread Sunday and eliminate all the cheatable and lame games you guys have been listing.

Ant

Thanks....I may have listed one or two in the "Lame games" thread, including one called "Fun Game", which IMO was anything but fun. ::)

Written By: whistledog on 04/18/08 at 10:42 pm

I also think games where everyone ends up with the same top score should go, cause what's the fun if you can only "tie" the top score/  Sadly, the game 'Ball' falls into this category, but in all honesty, I don't even think that game is played by anyone anymore

Written By: wildcard on 04/26/08 at 1:58 am

I tried to make a list of games based on what people have said here and from the lame games thread.

Choirboy (which is a super stupid game.  Too easy to cheat in it   
Chain Letters should go.  It's too easy to cheat on it
Chavtris worst tetris
Cheezy chase dumb not really any skill
Cheetah Race,Chain Reaction,           

f1 kart                     sucky duplicate
Flash Break Out        boring clone
Flash Keno
free                         cheatable
Frogcrossing,Frogger, Frogger 2,FroggerBH
Frogger 2004, Froggerste,Frogit,Froggerjrs
Fun Game the squares get so small that you can barely distinguish their colors.

Mariotetris 2  and 3 are same.  They don’t add anything to the other tetris games
mario mushroom       no challenge

Wb breakout boring clone 

Panic Room
Ping Brick  just bricks boring clone

renult mrx                  what's with the scoring?
Roulette

duckhunt                 cheatable
Quickbrickpp contains the 3 other Quickbrick games
Karts boring no challenge
tetrisv2 doesn’t add anything to the other tetris games
Zelda, The Collecting Of Pills doesn’t add anything to the Pac Man games.
yahtzee  it’s buggy

there's five Slot Machines. (5D Slot MP, Slingo Mega Slots, Slingo Super Slot, Slots and Slotz). All you can do is drop in a (virtual) coin and make it spin - you can't influence the result.This also applies for "games" like Cheetah Race, Chain Reaction, Flash Keno, Roulette

Written By: nally on 04/26/08 at 12:26 pm

^what's wrong with Roulette? ??? ???

Written By: wildcard on 04/26/08 at 1:28 pm

I'm just listing stuff.  That was pulled out of the thread of lame games.  I believe it was Henk who suggested we get rid of the slot machiene and some other games he mentioned.

Written By: nally on 04/27/08 at 12:30 am

I'm just listing stuff.  That was pulled out of the thread of lame games.  I believe it was Henk who suggested we get rid of the slot machiene and some other games he mentioned.

Oh. I don't see that one as lame...I mean, it's quite a popular game, in casinos and elsewhere.

Written By: wildcard on 05/04/08 at 2:07 pm

I also think games where everyone ends up with the same top score should go, cause what's the fun if you can only "tie" the top score/  Sadly, the game 'Ball' falls into this category, but in all honesty, I don't even think that game is played by anyone anymore

Nub does too.  In order to beat you I killed myself twice on the level with the most stars. then passed it.  Treres a crazy Cliff I forgot what it's called that you can only get 32 coins on. i

Written By: nally on 05/04/08 at 2:10 pm

Nub does too.  In order to beat you I killed myself twice on the level with the most stars. then passed it.  Treres a crazy Cliff I forgot what it's called that you can only get 32 coins on. i

The Checkers game (known as "CheckJS") is like that too...the highest possible score is 12, one point for each piece you preserve.

Written By: wildcard on 05/04/08 at 3:22 pm

Nub does too.  In order to beat you I killed myself twice on the level with the most stars. then passed it.  Treres a crazy Cliff I forgot what it's called that you can only get 32 coins on.

the name is Xtremclimber 

Written By: wildcard on 05/14/08 at 9:40 pm

I was playing Galaxians again and was unhappy to find that after 180 the score resets.

Written By: wildcard on 05/30/08 at 11:54 am

Railway Line i f someone can loop the train so can I whats the point?

Written By: wildcard on 06/13/08 at 8:31 pm

not a game to delete  but I was playing Bug Patrol and tried to submit my score and it said the game couldn't be found. 

Written By: whistledog on 06/13/08 at 9:20 pm

I was playing Galaxians again and was unhappy to find that after 180 the score resets.

I believe that is also a game that has a bug in it.  If the remaining alien flies below your ship, the game will just go on with no enemies and you won't be able to even register a score

Written By: Henk on 06/14/08 at 1:28 am

^what's wrong with Roulette? ??? ???

It's a game of chance, not a game of skill. You have no way of knowing what the result will be. That's what's wrong with it.
Same goes for the slot machines.

Yep, you're right. It was I.

Written By: wildcard on 06/14/08 at 10:50 am

I believe that is also a game that has a bug in it.  If the remaining alien flies below your ship, the game will just go on with no enemies and you won't be able to even register a score

I let the ships go many times and started over when I knew I wasn't going to make it. 

It's a game of chance, not a game of skill. You have no way of knowing what the result will be. That's what's wrong with it.

Yep, you're right. It was I.

and I agree  with you that luck is not a game.  I don't care for the fumble call game where you see how fast you can click the fottballs or eaither of the two see how fast you can type games.  Yes typing is a skill but its not a game.

Written By: nally on 06/14/08 at 6:37 pm

That's true...but again, lots of the games out there are unpredictable. As for roulette and the slot machines, you start with a fixed amount and can play as long as you want before submitting your score. I still play my cards carefully on those, cuz if I get too cocky, I could lose it all

Written By: wildcard on 06/27/08 at 4:45 pm

I'm playing zelda the collection of the pills and I seem to notice everything slowing down at the second level.  Is it my computer or the game?

Written By: whistledog on 06/27/08 at 7:44 pm

I'm playing zelda the collection of the pills and I seem to notice everything slowing down at the second level.  Is it my computer or the game?

It does it on mine too

Written By: wildcard on 07/07/08 at 11:32 pm

Woopass has me in3rd 3rd now.  What is causing it to do that?  i have no memory of the game doing that when I first stole it.

Written By: wildcard on 09/26/08 at 9:28 pm

Worm Catcher I can't seem to get the fish to move any more.  Am I Just lucky and it only doesn't work for me?

Written By: Tam on 10/10/08 at 10:04 am

At some point I am going to start going through these games and looking at/for the symptoms described. If they prove to react the same way, I am going to dump the game. Sorry if it means some will lose their champion title. Wish I could figure out exactly what game(s) slow down the load process....

Keep letting me know what doesn't work or doesn't work as it should ;)

Written By: Tam on 10/10/08 at 10:29 am

I tried to make a list of games based on what people have said here and from the lame games thread.

Chavtris worst tetris

Flash Keno

Mariotetris 2  and 3 are same.  They don’t add anything to the other tetris games

Wb breakout boring clone 

Panic Room

Roulette

yahtzee  it’s buggy

there's five Slot Machines. (5D Slot MP, Slingo Mega Slots, Slingo Super Slot, Slots and Slotz). All you can do is drop in a (virtual) coin and make it spin - you can't influence the result.This also applies for "games" like Cheetah Race, Chain Reaction, Flash Keno, Roulette

I am going to start with this list - peeps send me more lists so that I get them all! ;)

I will be sure to keep the roulette game though ;)

Written By: nally on 10/10/08 at 12:35 pm

^well, of those games quoted, I do know that the Chain Letters has been dumped already.

Written By: Tam on 10/10/08 at 12:47 pm

^well, of those games quoted, I do know that the Chain Letters has been dumped already.

Yeah, the C ones have pretty much been taken care of - I am currently going through the F's right now

Written By: wildcard on 10/10/08 at 1:13 pm

I am going to start with this list - peeps send me more lists so that I get them all! ;)

I will be sure to keep the roulette game though ;)

Awesome! something is being done to the arcade.  Can I call you DUH! for short?

Written By: Tam on 10/10/08 at 3:36 pm

Awesome! something is being done to the arcade.  Can I call you DUH! for short?

You can call me whatever you like just don't call me late for dinner! Hahaha!!! ;D

Written By: whistledog on 10/10/08 at 9:23 pm

There is one cheatable game that I think should stay:  Railway Line

The game is still fun regardless of getting a score.  I still play it the odd time

Written By: wildcard on 10/11/08 at 11:33 am

There is one cheatable game that I think should stay:  Railway Line

The game is still fun regardless of getting a score.  I still play it the odd time

You just want to keep your game crown.    No people do still play it

Written By: Tam on 10/11/08 at 12:44 pm

oOo SNAP!! Good burn!! ;D ;D ;D

Written By: whistledog on 10/14/08 at 9:39 am

LOL

Despite the fact that I just scored 10037800 (That's 3½ days of straight idle playing in it ;D), it wouldn't matter to me if I did lose that score

Written By: nally on 10/14/08 at 9:42 am

LOL

Despite the fact that I just scored 10037800 (That's 3½ days of straight idle playing in it ;D), it wouldn't matter to me if I did lose that score

I don't know HOW one could cheat on it...the highest scores I've ever gotten are in the 5-figures. :-\\

Written By: whistledog on 10/14/08 at 8:39 pm

I don't know HOW one could cheat on it...the highest scores I've ever gotten are in the 5-figures. :-\\

Simply explode a piece of track (after the train has passed over it) and replace it with a corner piece so you can connect the track to itself and form an endless loop.  Build a long enough track though so you have time to do this, and make sure you save 1 bomb, otherwise you won't be able to explode the track when you want the train to crash

It sort of sucks the fun out of the game, but I still like playing it regardless of a score

Written By: nally on 10/14/08 at 11:17 pm

Simply explode a piece of track (after the train has passed over it) and replace it with a corner piece so you can connect the track to itself and form an endless loop.  Build a long enough track though so you have time to do this, and make sure you save 1 bomb, otherwise you won't be able to explode the track when you want the train to crash

It sort of sucks the fun out of the game, but I still like playing it regardless of a score

Sounds like fun to me! :D :D I'll be sure to try it when I play that game again...whenever that is. I just need...maybe 4 or 5 hours in which I have absolutely nothing to do. Sorta like how I was trying to snatch my Tetris crown back.

Written By: Tam on 11/03/08 at 7:02 pm

Chavtris worst tetris

Flash Keno

Wb breakout boring clone 

Panic Room

Roulette

yahtzee  it’s buggy

Finally, after playing the games and compiling information - they have been removed. (With the exception of maybe 3).
Next list please....

Tam 8)

Written By: nally on 11/03/08 at 10:45 pm

what, you got rid of Roulette?! :o :o I thought that was a good gambling game, even if it takes time & effort to get a high score.

And it seems that the Chain Reaction Pal has been taken away, altho Chain Reaction (which I kinda liked) still remains.

As for Karts, I didn't much care for that one. ::)

Written By: Tam on 11/03/08 at 10:52 pm

what, you got rid of Roulette?! :o :o I thought that was a good gambling game, even if it takes time & effort to get a high score.

And it seems that the Chain Reaction Pal has been taken away, altho Chain Reaction (which I kinda liked) still remains.

As for Karts, I didn't much care for that one. ::)

I, personally, had nothing to do with the C games. They were taken care of beforehand.
Roulette... I played it and 3 out of the 5 times I loaded it, it froze and wouldn't do anything. Just left me with a green bar across the top of my page....

Written By: nally on 11/03/08 at 10:55 pm

I, personally, had nothing to do with the C games. They were taken care of beforehand.
Roulette... I played it and 3 out of the 5 times I loaded it, it froze and wouldn't do anything. Just left me with a green bar across the top of my page....

oh well...easy come, easy go. Maybe the Roulette issue had to do with your browser. It never acted like that for me. Did the slot machine games also get dumped?

Written By: Tam on 11/03/08 at 10:58 pm

oh well...easy come, easy go. Maybe the Roulette issue had to do with your browser. It never acted like that for me. Did the slot machine games also get dumped?

The only ones I got rid of were the ones on the list.

It wasn't my browser - I use IE7 and my internet security uses a green bar to let me know if a program is unresponsive or could cripple IE.

Written By: nally on 11/03/08 at 11:02 pm

The only ones I got rid of were the ones on the list.

It wasn't my browser - I use IE7 and my internet security uses a green bar to let me know if a program is unresponsive or could cripple IE.

Then maybe it was a security issue. I've used IE on public computers and that kind of thing hasn't kicked in when I've tried to play a game on those 'puters.

Oh well......

Written By: Tam on 03/25/09 at 12:05 pm

Worm Catcher I can't seem to get the fish to move any more.  Am I Just lucky and it only doesn't work for me?

I played worm catcher today.
Started out fine but then the flash started messing with the game. Fish froze, then started again, and then other fish literally appeared on top of my fish and I died.
My flashplayer is up to date.

I will play it a few more times to be sure before I do anything with the game.

Written By: wildcard on 03/25/09 at 10:11 pm

^ the game cant handle it's animations.

Check for new replies or respond here...