inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favourite X box games.

Written By: holicman on 01/22/08 at 12:15 am

My favourites are any Fifa and motorsport games.

I also enjoy Dynasty warriors and other war games like Call of Duty, Medal of Honour and I am mad on Grand Theft Auto San Andreas.

What about everyone else ?

Subject: Re: Favourite X box games.

Written By: Bobby on 02/20/08 at 12:07 pm

I bought the zombie game 'Dead Rising' a little while back and I am still hooked on it but I have also been playing Bioshock, Gears of War and Burnout Paradise for the Xbox 360.

Written By: Tia on 06/17/09 at 1:12 pm

i bought a 360 a few months ago thinking i'd largely ignore it and i did for a few months but i made the mistake of buying civilization: revolutions and now i'm playing it constantly. i have frickin dreams about it. my hygiene is starting to suffer. i got a victory on emperor level!

people who have played the PC version seem to think the console version isn't as good. but they a game in a PC version can take 40 hours! the three or fours that a game takes on the xbox is bad enough.

i think generally playing a PC game and then switching to console or vice versa is generally a bad idea, sorta like seeing the movie after you read the book. i learned madden 08 on PC, frinstance, and then madden 09 on xbob pissed me off because they changed all the controls around.

anyway, civ rev. it's cool.

Written By: Tia on 06/26/09 at 12:30 pm

i'm going for a technology victory on emperor level with the russians. i've never done a tech victory before.  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/conehead.gif

everyone's declared war on me, which is a good sign. this is a great game! if i lose i will cry.

Written By: Tia on 06/26/09 at 12:31 pm

it's 2054 and a winner is usually clear by this point in the game. the effin' yanks are pretty far along toward a cultural victory. it's neck and neck, people. neck and neck.

Written By: Tia on 06/26/09 at 12:33 pm

the mongols are focusing on an air attack. i'm making them chase my fighters instead of fighting them. we'll see if it works. if he switches to a sea-based offensive, i'm going to have to switch gears pretty fast. i'm on two land masses and i have no boats. :o

Written By: La Roche on 06/26/09 at 12:35 pm

the mongols are focusing on an air attack. i'm making them chase my fighters instead of fighting them. we'll see if it works. if he switches to a sea-based offensive, i'm going to have to switch gears pretty fast. i'm on two land masses and i have no boats. :o

I need to send you a car racing game or something... I've had phone calls from your neighbors. They're worried Mike, they don't know what the stain on their cieling is but it's getting bigger.

Written By: Tia on 06/26/09 at 12:35 pm

I need to send you a car racing game or something... I've had phone calls from your neighbors. They're worried Mike, they don't know what the stain on their cieling is but it's getting bigger.
it's bad, dude. they put something in this game somehow, i'm convinced of it.

Written By: Tia on 06/26/09 at 12:36 pm

i dont know why the mongols even care, they're out. the french are still in the running. and they're attacking in the right places too, the mongols keep falling for simple ruses.

Written By: La Roche on 06/26/09 at 12:39 pm

it's bad, dude. they put something in this game somehow, i'm convinced of it.

If you beat the level, are there naked girls!!?

Written By: Tia on 06/26/09 at 12:39 pm

the mongols took my tanks pretty fast. oops, i kinda fudgeed that up.

Written By: La Roche on 06/26/09 at 12:41 pm

the mongols

Hahaha, some retards are beating you.

Written By: Tia on 06/26/09 at 12:44 pm

well i AM playing the rooskies after all.  :D

okay, ending turn. I am afraid.

Written By: La Roche on 06/26/09 at 12:45 pm

well i AM playing the rooskies after all.  :D

okay, ending turn. I am afraid.

Michael.

This isn't the first time we've had this conversation.

Put down the controller and step away from the X-Box!

Written By: Tia on 06/26/09 at 12:46 pm

the yanks are hitting me at my most fortified point. dumbasses.

the mongols are giving me a lot of grief though.

Written By: Tia on 06/26/09 at 12:47 pm

Michael.

This isn't the first time we've had this conversation.

Put down the controller and step away from the X-Box!
i can quit anytime i want.

Written By: La Roche on 06/26/09 at 12:49 pm

i can quit anytime i want.

That's what you said about gold paint.

Written By: Tia on 06/26/09 at 12:49 pm

producing four tanks per turn under communism! eat that you imperialist american pigs.

Written By: Tia on 06/26/09 at 12:53 pm

one fuel, one life support, and... hang on, let me check...

one fuel, one life support, one habitation, one propulsion in production. wait, i should replace the life support with propulsion.

i'm so glad i'm having this conversation with myself.

Written By: La Roche on 06/26/09 at 12:54 pm

one fuel, one life support, and... hang on, let me check...

one fuel, one life support, one habitation, one propulsion in production. wait, i should replace the life support with propulsion.

i'm so glad i'm having this conversation with myself.

I'm so glad you're maintaining your ability to communicate. It might come in useful when you're forced to return to society.

Written By: Tia on 06/26/09 at 12:56 pm

I'm so glad you're maintaining your ability to communicate. It might come in useful when you're forced to return to society.
i'm trying to put that off as long as i can.

a lot of frenchies just died! it was beautiful.

Written By: Tia on 06/26/09 at 1:12 pm

now i have two propulsion in production. is that right? that doesn't seem right.

Written By: Tia on 06/26/09 at 1:14 pm

more french people may be dying shortly. dogfight.

Written By: Tia on 06/26/09 at 1:15 pm

jesus, i think my guys and the french guys killed each other. i've never seen that.

i guess i should take this to LTE. this is even worse than liveblogging cricket.

Written By: Tia on 06/27/09 at 3:06 pm

chinese go monarchy. i think they're trying for a cultural win. the japanese are rocking in tech. i'm preparing to open a front with the indians in the south, ultimately working for an economic win.

Written By: Tia on 06/27/09 at 3:07 pm

the indians have proven a worthy adversary this game.

Written By: Tia on 06/27/09 at 3:07 pm

and i love that ghandhi comes up all accosting you in the diplomacy panel... give me engineering or i will annihilate you! nonviolence my ass!

Written By: Tia on 06/27/09 at 3:21 pm

i cant beat the japanese, their tech is too good. so i've changed tack and decided to open up a front against the indians. (or wait until they open one against me, because i know they will.) turns out i can bribe the indians to declare war against the japanese and that probably means i can bribe the japanese to go to war against the indians. the japanese would be a powerful ally.

Written By: whistledog on 04/16/10 at 12:04 am

My favourite Xbox 360 games ...

♦ Tetris Evolution
♦ Rumble Roses XX
♦ Amped 3
♦ Stoked
♦ Raiden Fighters
♦ Raiden IV
♦ Crackdown
♦ Forza Motorsport 2
♦ Project Gotham Racing 3
♦ Project Gotham Racing 4
♦ Race Pro

Check for new replies or respond here...