inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Unfair Platformer - for the sadist in you...

Written By: gumbypiz on 02/20/08 at 12:51 am

Now I know that deep down inside most gamers have a sadistic streak within them.

They continuously put themselves through games and levels of games with a level of determination (and frustration) that wouldn't normally be tolerated.

So heres one for you: The Unfair Platformer

Think you mastered all the Mario games, think you have all side scrollers worked out? Then try this, I'd bet you don't get through the first level with any hair left on your head (after pulling out so much of it). This game is so damn hard and ridiculously UNFAIR its almost criminal.

Can't wait to meet the sick bas***d who thought this one up, hope I don't' meet him in a dark alleyway. :D

Oh, and yes, they did steal the background music from Sonic the Hedgehog, one of the few things that I don't mind about this game.

Subject: Re: The Unfair Platformer - for the sadist in you...

Written By: KKay on 02/20/08 at 6:45 am

wow. hard. very hard. i showed someone that is good at this stuff and he aid it was hard.

Written By: Tia on 02/20/08 at 10:09 am

grrr! >:(

Written By: Tia on 02/20/08 at 10:12 am

21 people died to get me to the first checkpoint. ::)

Written By: Tia on 02/20/08 at 10:23 am

60 deaths got me to the end of the first level. wow! it's hard.

Written By: Tia on 02/20/08 at 10:26 am

lol. the second level it just starts you off in freefall. bastards.

Written By: Tia on 02/20/08 at 10:29 am

105 deaths and i haven't even gotten to the grass yet. ::) level 2 is completely ridiculous.

Written By: Bobby on 02/20/08 at 12:01 pm

Ha ha, it took me about 40 deaths to get to the end of the level. Very clever stuff.

Written By: Tia on 02/20/08 at 12:13 pm

yeah, i like it. it's totally underhanded and it makes you mad, and that's how computer games get addictive, when you start wanting to get revenge on em. :o

Written By: Tia on 02/20/08 at 2:55 pm

131 lives later im at the first checkpoint on the second level. the solution to the pyramid thing is quite clever!

164 lives to get to the end of level 3. :o

221 lives to get level 4. 8)

okay, got to level 7. but the loss of life has been rather severe.

Written By: Tia on 02/20/08 at 4:11 pm

solved it. cool game. :D

Written By: gumbypiz on 02/20/08 at 11:53 pm

Wha?  :o

Amazing, I just didn't have the determination to continue with this game. If I wanted frustration, I can have that driving to work in traffic, or look at my bank account balance, don't need it in a game.  ;)

Congratulations on finishing up this game, look around on the net, there are some modded Mario games like this that are even harder, and even more evil than this!

Most Brutal Super Mario Mod EVER!

What is so frustrating about the modded Mario games is that most of us are soo familiar with the original that we think we know all the ins and outs of the game. The mods take advantage of this and completely mess with your head and even tease you because of your familiarity with the Mario games!

Written By: Tia on 02/21/08 at 12:31 am

Wha?  :o

Amazing, I just didn't have the determination to continue with this game. If I wanted frustration, I can have that driving to work in traffic, or look at my bank account balance, don't need it in a game.  ;)

Congratulations on finishing up this game, look around on the net, there are some modded Mario games like this that are even harder, and even more evil than this!

Most Brutal Super Mario Mod EVER!

What is so frustrating about the modded Mario games is that most of us are soo familiar with the original that we think we know all the ins and outs of the game. The mods take advantage of this and completely mess with your head and even tease you because of your familiarity with the Mario games!
it was a cool game. the thing with it is, it's actually sorta gentle with its players. it does a lot of unfair things to you and plays tricks, but a. you can die as many times as you want with no consequence, and 2. the levels are actually very short. really it's a puzzle solving game, and each level you only have to solve two or three puzzles. i really thought it was a cool game, and i recommend people with some spare time go ahead and bang your head against it cuz it gives you some fun ones but it's never as unreasonable as it seems.

Written By: Bobby on 02/21/08 at 10:26 am

Congratulations, Tia!

Did you get a snappy little end-of-game sequence or did it just say 'well done'?

Written By: Tia on 02/21/08 at 10:32 am

Congratulations, Tia!

Did you get a snappy little end-of-game sequence or did it just say 'well done'?
snappy sequence. it gives you a little pasture you can jump around in and says "congratulations on solving the game. i hope you didn't get too mad." :D

Written By: Bobby on 02/21/08 at 10:47 am

snappy sequence. it gives you a little pasture you can jump around in and says "congratulations on solving the game. i hope you didn't get too mad." :D

Ah wow, that is well class. You must have had a lot of patience to get to the end. I went right off it after starting level 2, lol.

Written By: Tia on 02/21/08 at 10:49 am

Ah wow, that is well class. You must have had a lot of patience to get to the end. I went right off it after starting level 2, lol.
it pissed me off and i wasn't working that day. when a game pisses me off like that, it's over. i must OWN it. ;D

Written By: Bobby on 02/21/08 at 11:00 am

it pissed me off and i wasn't working that day. when a game pisses me off like that, it's over. i must OWN it. ;D

A bit like me with 'Dead Rising' on the Xbox 360. There were some prison psychopaths on a jeep in the mall courtyard tearing the place up. As soon as I realised I could kill them, I made sure I had a shotgun on hand to make short work of them. :)

Written By: Step-chan on 02/21/08 at 2:17 pm

How do you get this game to start?

I'm wondering if it's what I think it is.

Edit: Nevermind, I refreshed it... it's working now.

Written By: Step-chan on 02/21/08 at 2:27 pm

It's not the same game, but it definetly has the same premise as the other one... I actually have watched some other game which some people call "Cat Mario" on youtube, which as I stated has the same premise as this one.

Written By: Tia on 03/19/08 at 7:29 pm

codes! i got em on a piece of paper and im tired of hanging on to it.

PLL1PE
XZ589L
KKLJH7
7645UK
E5G9GY
OLKJ55

Written By: EthanM on 03/19/08 at 8:56 pm

Right now I'm at level 3 (been for a while) with over 80 lives lost

Written By: EthanM on 03/19/08 at 9:30 pm

Mr. weight is not my friend

Written By: EthanM on 03/19/08 at 9:43 pm

Finally made it... think it took 244 lives but it doesn't give a score at the end

Written By: Tia on 03/20/08 at 6:18 am

Finally made it... think it took 244 lives but it doesn't give a score at the end
kudos, i think i lost way way more than that.

Check for new replies or respond here...