inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Die Hard Nintendo Fans Here?????

Written By: Wolveroses on 03/06/08 at 12:27 pm

I have aways loved Nintendo since I was like 7, now 28.  I currently own a NES with 124 games, Super Nintendo with 6 games, N64 with 3 games, a Gamecube with 23 games, A Wii with 7 games, 2 DS with 8 games, Gameboy Advanced SP with 12 games.  I just recently got my Wii online.  I downloaded Super Mario Bros. 1 & 2, Pac-Man, Ice Hockey, Mario Kart 64, Waverace 64, Streets of Rage 2 (Sega Genesis), Bloody Wolf (TurboGarf16), SplatterHouse (Turbographx16), Ninja Gaiden, Adventures of Lolo.

Anyone wanna talk Nintendo here's the place.

Subject: Re: Die Hard Nintendo Fans Here?????

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 03/07/08 at 5:44 pm

I don't just own exclusively Nintendo systems, but I have always liked there games and consoles. I have the NES, SNES, Nintendo 64, and Gamecube.

Written By: Step-chan on 03/07/08 at 8:17 pm

I own consoles from different companies and Nintendo is one them. I'm not a hardcore fan, but am very fond.

Nintendo wise I own: NES, Super NES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Gamecube and the Gameboy Advance Player.

Favorite exclusive games: Mario series(2 and 3 mainly), Zelda 2: The Adventure Of Link, Kid Icarus(got the best ending in one playthrough with passwords, but they were passwords from my own work in the game) and umm... does Pokemon count?(I know no other company's consoles would get them, but I'm trying to remember if Pokemon is a first party game or not)

Favorite third party games: Dragon Quest/Warrior series, Mega Man series, Ducktales, Final Fantasy 2/4, 7th Saga... I know there are some others, but I can't think of them at the moment.

Written By: Step-chan on 03/07/08 at 8:25 pm

This might interest you:

Differences between the Japanese and US version of Zelda 2

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 03/07/08 at 10:58 pm

Favorite exclusive games: Mario series(2 and 3 mainly), Zelda 2: The Adventure Of Link, Kid Icarus(got the best ending in one playthrough with passwords, but they were passwords from my own work in the game) and umm... does Pokemon count?(I know no other company's consoles would get them, but I'm trying to remember if Pokemon is a first party game or not)

I'm not sure whether the Pokemon games are 'official' first party titles or not, but I would probably consider them to be since I don't think a PM game has appeared on anything other than a Nintendo console.

For the record, I think the early Pokemon games that came out on the Game Boy and Game Boy Color are extremely underrated. If you can just get past the fact that it's Pokemon, those games are actually quite deep, and enjoyable.

Written By: Wolveroses on 03/08/08 at 6:34 am

Let me add on Punch-Out and Galaga that I downloaded from the VC.

I use to own a Xbox, but I sold it to my brother. 

Written By: wildcard on 03/09/08 at 11:44 pm

I grew up with an NES and then my brothers got SNES and then 64.  I still have my yellow and Crystal version pokemon games.  Not sure why I'm hanging on to them because I really don't want to play them.  I do have pokemon at 100 and other high levels.
Now that so many games can be played on the computer I'll play some Sega games and Intellivison. 

http://www.amiright.com/parody/80s/joanjett23.shtml

Written By: Step-chan on 03/11/08 at 5:00 pm

I'm not sure whether the Pokemon games are 'official' first party titles or not, but I would probably consider them to be since I don't think a PM game has appeared on anything other than a Nintendo console.

For the record, I think the early Pokemon games that came out on the Game Boy and Game Boy Color are extremely underrated. If you can just get past the fact that it's Pokemon, those games are actually quite deep, and enjoyable.

I wasn't sure, mainly because the games are done by Gamefreak(I think).

Speaking of which, Pokemon is what I playing right now.

Written By: wildcard on 03/11/08 at 11:14 pm

I got a link and extra gameboy to fight and trade with people still playing Pokemon.  I almost got rid of them recently but thought there must be someone out there that still plays.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 03/11/08 at 11:38 pm

I remember the link cable. I used to trade Pokemon with the link cable with my friends all the time back in the late '90s. I don't even know if I have it anymore, and I haven't seen it in ages.

I do still have my Gameboy thankfully. I just played back through Pokemon Blue again about a year ago.

Written By: Step-chan on 03/11/08 at 11:52 pm

I got a link and extra gameboy to fight and trade with people still playing Pokemon.  I almost got rid of them recently but thought there must be someone out there that still plays.

I've helped my nephew trade not too long ago.

Although he won't be around for alittle bit.

Check for new replies or respond here...