inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Operation game for Tandy computer - does anyone remember this?

Written By: cornhusker79 on 03/15/08 at 11:08 am

I remember playing a game on our Tandy computer where we would have diagnose a patient, then operate.  The patient might have kidney stones, gas or appendicitis.  Once in the operating room, the player has to successfully prepare the patient for surgery and then operate.  Does anyone remember this game or know its name?

Thanks

Subject: Re: Operation game for Tandy computer - does anyone remember this?

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/05/11 at 1:13 am

I remember playing a game on our Tandy computer where we would have diagnose a patient, then operate.  The patient might have kidney stones, gas or appendicitis.  Once in the operating room, the player has to successfully prepare the patient for surgery and then operate.  Does anyone remember this game or know its name?

I think you were looking for Synergistic Software's Laser Surgeon: The Microscopic Mission, ca. 1987.  It's the only medical simulation I know of that was ported to the TRS-80 Color Computer

If that's too new, and you were thinking about a TI-99/4A ca. 1982, you were after Imagic's Microsurgeon.

The other "big" (as in "big" for medical simulation games :) game of the late 80s was 1988's Life and Death, but I don't think it got ported to anything sold by Tandy.  I remember the //gs version, though.

Check for new replies or respond here...