inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: GTA 4

Written By: Tia on 05/01/08 at 8:27 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8Y0MT0PX_k

this looks like it's gonna be a classic. i was just watching some old-school original "doom", which was a brilliant game, and this might be on the same level. i'm gonna get it. 8) and i think it deserves its own thread.

Subject: Re: GTA 4

Written By: snozberries on 05/01/08 at 9:06 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8Y0MT0PX_k

this looks like it's gonna be a classic. i was just watching some old-school original "doom", which was a brilliant game, and this might be on the same level. i'm gonna get it. 8) and i think it deserves its own thread.

I got mine yesterday!  can't wait to crack it open kill some mo'foes  ;D ;D

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 05/03/08 at 2:12 am

I've had it since Wednesday, and I can't stop playing 8)

Written By: malibumike65 on 05/05/08 at 12:18 pm

I have all of the GTA games that have been released for Playstation 2, but I can't see a return to Liberty City for me, unless I strike a lottery win, and can afford a PS3 or 360. Short of that miracle happening, I guess I'll give it a shot in about 10 years or so when the game and the PS3 and 360 consoles are obsolete.lol  I've seen the graphics on the web though, and major kudos go out to the team at Rockstar for the major overhaul on the graphics. San Andreas seems almost cartoonish in comparison. (Although I still get a kick of flying around in the lear jet in SA. Trying to land the plane safely after being slammed with a SAM is a challenge in itself.) When Vice City came out, people thought that gamer perfection had been attained. Then SA blew VCs doors off in game variety, and map size. I can only hope a PS2 version comes out, like when the PSP games Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories had PS2 versions released afterwards, but from what I read, that probably isn't going to happen. I think it might take up too much memory for PS2.

Written By: Bobby on 05/06/08 at 6:07 pm

Reviewers are going crazy over GTA 4. Internet gaming site IGN gave it 10/10 and they mercilessly scrutinise the games they review.

I was about to buy it yesterday but the stores had sold out.

Written By: La Roche on 05/10/08 at 10:12 pm

June 12th I am purchasing a Playstation 3.

GTA IV is like the holy grail for me, however, Metal Gear Solid 4 comes out on the 12th of June and that's the ultimate bone shaking orgasmic video game for myself.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/11/08 at 11:56 pm

Might just have to take my $600 from the govment and get a PS3.

Written By: Shacks Train on 05/14/08 at 5:42 pm

Yeah same boat here as Its way too much money for the ps3 system......
I've just got my 2cd ps2 at xmas time!.Vice City is not a safe place to be.For anything!
I came across this a while back.This is direct from Rockstar so just enter in your email address & old
GTA / GTA2 / & Wild Metal games for "PC"
http://www.rockstargames.com/classics/

:) :) ;D ;D

I'll look into other systems maybe an xbox as you can alter the hard drive to a bigger one & games + MP3s
Sony is a year behind the times.
GTA4 has some awsome graphics & looks like a Hoot to play!

Written By: annonymouse on 05/17/08 at 12:30 am

Yeah same boat here as Its way too much money for the ps3 system......

It's only $450 now, and goodluck finding that kind of hardware (blu-ray, Cell) in a computer. it'd cost thousands.

I got my copy on the 29th and stayed home to play. i'm on the last mission now. It's a great game, but it's also the hardest i've ever played.

Written By: Stumpydisks on 06/10/08 at 2:53 pm

I need to get a 360 so I can get in on this!

Written By: Tia on 06/10/08 at 3:03 pm

I need to get a 360 so I can get in on this!
i know! i'm mad because i thought there was going to be a PC version.  :\'( there's always a PC version!

Written By: josh911 on 06/11/08 at 10:35 am

GTA SA IS WAY BETTER THAN THIS S***

Written By: Step-chan on 06/12/08 at 5:50 pm

^ It's fine if you like GTA SA, but have you actually played GTA 4?

Written By: Tanya1976 on 06/13/08 at 12:12 am

^ It's fine if you like GTA SA, but have you actually played GTA 4?

My hubby plays GTA 4 now and I definitely like it better than GTA SA. In fact, he hasn't played it since I gave it to him as a gift when it came out.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/13/08 at 3:36 pm

My hubby plays GTA 4 now and I definitely like it better than GTA SA. In fact, he hasn't played it since I gave it to him as a gift when it came out.

Josh911 is definetly in the minority here.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 06/14/08 at 3:48 pm

Josh911 is definetly in the minority here.

Yeah, there both great games, but GTA IV is way better.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/14/08 at 7:45 pm

Yeah, there both great games, but GTA IV is way better.

I haven't played any GTA games myself, but have watched my cousin play a couple of them.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 06/14/08 at 8:22 pm

I haven't played any GTA games myself, but have watched my cousin play a couple of them.

Well, there alot of fun, but not my favorites or anything. Sometimes the missions can get a bit repetitive, and in the earlier games, the storylines weren't exactly the best.

I usually prefer old-school platformers, RPGs, or a more story-driven action game like Metal Gear Solid.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/15/08 at 1:50 pm

Well, there alot of fun, but not my favorites or anything. Sometimes the missions can get a bit repetitive, and in the earlier games, the storylines weren't exactly the best.

I usually prefer old-school platformers, RPGs, or a more story-driven action game like Metal Gear Solid.

I usually play old school platformers and RPGs myself.

Written By: Tia on 06/15/08 at 2:52 pm

im totally obsessed with "world in conflict."

http://www.vsh-gaming.net/review3pic3.jpg

it's fun!

http://www.simhq.com/_land2/images/land_092a_005.jpg

Written By: b8man on 06/18/08 at 3:19 pm

GTA 4 is great stuff. Still play it almost everyday, even though all I have left to do are nasty random deeds to the people in the city. Especially the hookers, whom I take to secluded allies to beat and then burn with molotov cocktail. I recently discovered that two of the better stunt jumps in the game can be linked together, fantastic for escaping from the fatty cops. But I will say this, I'm not gonna go into it cause that would take forever and I don't like typing. Overall, SA squeeks out one dot more of greatness juice than 4.

Written By: snozberries on 08/30/08 at 10:08 pm

H :P LY CRAP! I totally forgot to play it!!!

Written By: Shacks Train on 09/21/08 at 2:44 am

GTA4 for Intelevision

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdHG5-K8E1E&eurl=http://www.intellivisionlives.com/

Soooo life like!!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Step-chan on 09/24/08 at 4:55 pm

^ That one graphic from the Atari version(of the umm... red light district girl) looks very familiar.  :D

Check for new replies or respond here...