inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Wii questions and discussion

Written By: snozberries on 09/12/08 at 12:53 am

I haven't opened mine yet so I don't know.

If I have two remotes and two nunchucks do I also need two sensor bars?
answered by karen and her son THANKS! O0

and has anyone used the dance pad?

Rock band Drum set?

Karaoke games?

If so how are they?

I've decided to leave this up just in case anyone has any questions about the Wii.

Subject: Re: Wii question- Time sensitive

Written By: karen on 09/12/08 at 2:22 pm

We have two wiimotes and nunchucks but only one sensor bar.  You need to make sure your big sister doesn't stand right in front of the sensor but slightly to one side so it picks up your 'mote as well (advice from my son James!)

You have to 'synchronise' the second wiimote.  It's in the instruction book but was something like press the synch button on the 'mote and then on the wii unit.

Written By: snozberries on 09/12/08 at 4:05 pm

thx karen (& james) that was good info~ especially the part about "my big sister " lol karma for u when i get to a computer. this cell phone posting sux.

Written By: karen on 09/12/08 at 4:09 pm

We also have a microphone for High School Musical karaoke.  I thought it was fun but the children only played it once or twice.

Written By: danootaandme on 09/12/08 at 4:24 pm

Will Wii work on a television that isn't tuned to high def?

Written By: snozberries on 09/13/08 at 1:29 am

It should because it comes with regular AV wires not the HD video cable.

Written By: snozberries on 09/13/08 at 1:30 am

thx karen (& james) that was good info~ especially the part about "my big sister " lol karma for u when i get to a computer. this cell phone posting sux.

karma given...thanks again.

Written By: karen on 09/13/08 at 12:56 pm

fairly sure our tv isn't high def or anything posh.  We paid about $5 for it!

Written By: snozberries on 09/14/08 at 9:50 am

fairly sure our tv isn't high def or anything posh.  We paid about $5 for it!

;D  now that's a tv I want a photo of!

Subject: Re: Wii questions

Written By: Midas on 10/08/08 at 10:50 am

Rock band Drum set?

I've used it at my sister's house and it's okay.  It's a drumpad machine.  Having a high hat cymbal onnit would be cool though  :D ;D

Written By: snozberries on 10/08/08 at 11:21 am

I've used it at my sister's house and it's okay.  It's a drumpad machine.  Having a high hat cymbal onnit would be cool though  :D ;D

that would be cool!

Written By: karen on 10/16/08 at 8:18 am

Q.  I asked James about throwing a curveball on the Wii Sport Baseball game.

First he asked what a curveball was  ::)

Then he claimed it doesn't matter how you throw the ball it just does the same thing each time.

Next he demonstrated the way to get the fastest ball: "hold your arm back like this and then go huwah, and fling it forwards while pressing A and B"

;D

Written By: snozberries on 10/16/08 at 3:58 pm

Q.  I asked James about throwing a curveball on the Wii Sport Baseball game.

First he asked what a curveball was  ::)

Then he claimed it doesn't matter how you throw the ball it just does the same thing each time.

Next he demonstrated the way to get the fastest ball: "hold your arm back like this and then go huwah, and fling it forwards while pressing A and B"

;D

James kills me... I really want to meet that little rascal  ;D

there are 4 pitches  a fast ball, a curve ball, a screw ball, and a splitter.

pushing no buttons is the fast ball
pushing A & B is the splitter
Pushing A alone or pushing B alone gives you the curve ball or screw ball... I can't remember which one is A and which one is B.

Tell James the batters apparently learn and if you throw the same pitch too many times in a row the players anticipate the pitch adjust for it.

Written By: karen on 10/16/08 at 5:37 pm

Pushing B gives you a curveball.  He's upstairs testing it now!

Written By: snozberries on 10/16/08 at 6:35 pm

Pushing B gives you a curveball.  He's upstairs testing it now!

LOL thanks!

those teams keep whomping me... I'm sticking to tennis, golf and bowling....where I can maintain a decent level.

Written By: whistledog on 10/16/08 at 7:55 pm

That Baseball game on Wii Sports is gay.  Why can't you control the outfielders?  In the time it took one of the outfielders to get the ball, I could have had an inside the park homerun

Written By: Midas on 10/17/08 at 11:56 am

That Baseball game on Wii Sports is gay.  Why can't you control the outfielders?  In the time it took one of the outfielders to get the ball, I could have had an inside the park homerun

Dat's cuz yer Mii iz fast!  Wiistledog! :D  ;D

Has anyone tried bunting in that game?  I've been meaning to try that to see if it works.

Written By: snozberries on 10/17/08 at 12:18 pm

Has anyone tried bunting in that game?  I've been meaning to try that to see if it works.

I've tried but I suck at it.

Written By: Wolveroses on 12/11/08 at 12:15 pm

Yes I have and I did it.  It's just not worth it, you will just get out.

Ask me any questions about the Wii ..... I am the Wii MASTER!

:);)

Written By: Red Ant on 12/15/08 at 1:18 am

No kidding. There's also no double plays.  ISTM if you use pitches other than fast or curveballs, they commit a ton of errors as well. I was up 6-0 going into the 3rd inning and lost due to the butterfinger/slow outfielders (5 errors would probably be record in any league).

Question: this Wii Exercize/Fitness... is it one game, does come with all the accesories, how much does it cost?

Ant

Written By: Midas on 12/15/08 at 9:22 am

Question: this Wii Exercize/Fitness... is it one game, does come with all the accesories, how much does it cost?

Ant

If you mean Wii Fit, they run around $79 - $89 USD, comes with the Wii balance board and exercises include balance, strength training, aerobics and yoga.  Also measures your weight and calculates BMI.  I usually do the balance and aerobics games.

Written By: snozberries on 12/15/08 at 10:54 am

No kidding. There's also no double plays.  ISTM if you use pitches other than fast or curveballs, they commit a ton of errors as well. I was up 6-0 going into the 3rd inning and lost due to the butterfinger/slow outfielders (5 errors would probably be record in any league).

Ant

there are approx 40 games on the disc that come with the Wii Fit...

Written By: Red Ant on 12/21/08 at 10:51 am

If you mean Wii Fit, they run around $79 - $89 USD, comes with the Wii balance board and exercises include balance, strength training, aerobics and yoga.  Also measures your weight and calculates BMI.  I usually do the balance and aerobics games.

there are approx 40 games on the disc that come with the Wii Fit...

Thanks for the replies, Midas and snoz.

Ant

Written By: Red Ant on 12/21/08 at 10:56 am

Anyone else have trouble with the #2 controller going out of sync/losing signal mid-game on Wii Sports Bowling? Every other 2p game we do, both units work fine. About 3-4 frames in on Wii Bowling, the #2 controller gets a case of amnesia - re-syncing it does not help. I'd say it's a game bug, but I dunno.

Ant

Written By: Tam on 12/21/08 at 11:02 am

Anyone else have trouble with the #2 controller going out of sync/losing signal mid-game on Wii Sports Bowling? Every other 2p game we do, both units work fine. About 3-4 frames in on Wii Bowling, the #2 controller gets a case of amnesia - re-syncing it does not help. I'd say it's a game bug, but I dunno.

Ant

I have never had a problem. The only problem I have ever had was the arrow keys were held in a different direction when the system started up, thus causing the dongle to react in opposite from what it was supposed to do... ???

Written By: snozberries on 12/21/08 at 11:30 am

its just me so my #2 controller doesn't get much use

Written By: Midas on 12/26/08 at 11:12 am

Ant

Never had a problem here neither unless we pause for a break for a long time.  I'm going to assume the batteries for the Wii-mote are charged/good.

Written By: Red Ant on 12/27/08 at 1:13 pm

Never had a problem here neither unless we pause for a break for a long time.  I'm going to assume the batteries for the Wii-mote are charged/good.

Yeah, the charge is full. I'm still having the issue, but I think I'm close to tracking it down.

BTW, bright lights in the vicinity of the TV sensor bar will cause erratic/non-existant Wii control. Also, if the glass doors are open on the TV stand, the signal reflects off of it, causing the same issues.

I have never had a problem. The only problem I have ever had was the arrow keys were held in a different direction when the system started up, thus causing the dongle to react in opposite from what it was supposed to do... ???

Yeah, I've had that happen too.

~~

Nintendo's insistence on proper clearance should be heeded as well - I've already cracked one controller and smacked the cat in the head while bowling (what was a cat doing in my bowling alley - I guess he's an alley cat!)

Ant

Written By: danootaandme on 12/27/08 at 4:30 pm

Super Mario and Crash Bandicoot.  I'm hooked  :D

Written By: snozberries on 12/27/08 at 9:51 pm

Nintendo's insistence on proper clearance should be heeded as well - I've already cracked one controller and smacked the cat in the head while bowling (what was a cat doing in my bowling alley - I guess he's an alley cat!)

Ant

I know I shouldn't have but I  ;D  when I read this... apologies to Ant's cat...

Written By: mooster on 12/28/08 at 6:28 pm

We go a Wii for Christmas - now I know where to come when I have questions ! Thanks snoz ! 8)

Written By: snozberries on 12/28/08 at 6:46 pm

We go a Wii for Christmas - now I know where to come when I have questions ! Thanks snoz ! 8)

YAY and congrats.

Written By: Tam on 12/28/08 at 7:12 pm

My sister is now addicted to the wii fit.
While she was here, she managed to log I don't know how many hours on it!
Now she is adamant that she is going to get a wii and the game. Of course, I wish her luck because it seems like no one will ever have them in stock! ;D

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/29/08 at 1:25 pm

Wow, I just found out how terribly uncoordinated I am :-[ :-[ :-[  I just tried Dance Dance Revolution, besides the directions/training being poor - I SUCK :P :P :P

It is fun, so I am hoping I get better ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: snozberries on 12/29/08 at 1:28 pm

Wow, I just found out how terribly uncoordinated I am :-[ :-[ :-[  I just tried Dance Dance Revolution, besides the directions/training being poor - I SUCK :P :P :P

It is fun, so I am hoping I get better ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

;D  Haven't tried it yet....

Hey! Before I open mine can you tell me are the songs "Real versions" or crappy remakes?

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/29/08 at 1:35 pm

;D  Haven't tried it yet....

Hey! Before I open mine can you tell me are the songs "Real versions" or crappy remakes?

I think they are "real" versions - but honestly I can not remember right now, I was so concentrating on my feet  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: snozberries on 12/29/08 at 2:15 pm

I think they are "real" versions - but honestly I can not remember right now, I was so concentrating on my feet  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

;D 

where's the video of that?  ;)

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/29/08 at 2:22 pm

;D 

where's the video of that?  ;)
Ain't no way or no how :D :D :D

Written By: snozberries on 12/29/08 at 2:37 pm

Ain't no way or no how :D :D :D

aw I want to take my karma back now...  :D

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/29/08 at 2:45 pm

aw I want to take my karma back now...  :D
tell you what-

I will post a video of DDR ; just as soon as you do ;) ;) ;)

;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: snozberries on 01/07/09 at 12:14 am

The Wii Fit is all well and good but I just got my ass handed to me after about 40 minutes of playing the outdoor challenge game for Wii!

Written By: snozberries on 01/07/09 at 12:15 am

tell you what-

I will post a video of DDR ; just as soon as you do ;) ;) ;)

;D ;D ;D ;D

lol I just tried Bust-a-Move...easy right? I mean I can rap that shyt backwards in my sleep...but god help anyone subjected to watching me attempt to DDR that mother... my landlord called to find out if there was an earthquake

Just kidding about that last part  ;)

Written By: Midas on 01/07/09 at 10:40 pm

I just got Guitar Hero: Legends of Rock and Aerosmith for the Wii for Christmas.  I'm not the best player but I can get through songs on easy.  I haven't won the battle against Tom Morello yet. :P

Written By: snozberries on 01/07/09 at 10:50 pm

I just got Guitar Hero: Legends of Rock and Aerosmith for the Wii for Christmas.  I'm not the best player but I can get through songs on easy.  I haven't won the battle against Tom Morello yet. :P

nice!

and wb... O0

Written By: karen on 01/07/09 at 11:12 pm

I did get the wii Fit for Christmas!

So far I've only done two days but I will be doing more.

I suck at the football heading game, and I'm beating the kids at the ski slalom

Written By: Midas on 01/08/09 at 11:44 am

On the football/soccer heading game I end up moving my head over versus shifting my body weight which causes me to suck too. ;D  I have managed to unluck some cool games on their though.

Written By: Tam on 01/08/09 at 12:10 pm

That's awesome Karen! I can't do the soccer one good either. The Son is the best at it!

On the football/soccer heading game I end up moving my head over versus shifting my body weight which causes me to suck too. ;D  I have managed to unluck some cool games on their though.

I do the same thing Patrick! I forget that it is about body weight!
I can hula hoop like there's no tomorrow - 10 minutes each direction!
But walking the tight rope?? Forget about it! I suck really bad! ;D

Written By: karen on 01/08/09 at 1:35 pm

Yes, I think I have the same problem in the soccer heading thing.

Elizabeth and I like the tightrope one.  She is beating me - 20 yards to 16.  James has been banned.  He kept jumping instead of the knee bend thing.

Written By: Tam on 01/08/09 at 1:38 pm

Yes, I think I have the same problem in the soccer heading thing.

Elizabeth and I like the tightrope one.  She is beating me - 20 yards to 16.  James has been banned.  He kept jumping instead of the knee bend thing.

WOW! I didn't know the game would ban you from it! I know the whole jumping thing is a no-no, but banned from your own game! That's hilarious! ;D (Although I am sure that James doesn't find it very funny.) ;)

Written By: Tam on 01/08/09 at 3:46 pm

Well, I just burned up 40 minutes on wii fit.
At 35 mins it told me to take a break - but I finished out with step. ;)

We should trade wii id numbers and add each other as friends.
We can then send encouraging messages to each other, and if we have Mario Kart wii, we can look for each other and race each other online. (If you have wifi.) ;) I will gladly give me friend id number! 8)

Written By: Midas on 01/08/09 at 5:48 pm

When I first tried to connect my Wii to the intarwebz it gave me troubles 'cuz my router asks for a password.  We put in all known passwords and still no go.  So I don't have the wi-fi (wii-fi?) set up right now. :(

Written By: karen on 01/08/09 at 6:14 pm

WOW! I didn't know the game would ban you from it! I know the whole jumping thing is a no-no, but banned from your own game! That's hilarious! ;D (Although I am sure that James doesn't find it very funny.) ;)

Ah I should be more precise with my typing.  I banned him from the wii tight rope.  Though the wii fit did tell him off each time.

Written By: Tam on 01/08/09 at 6:37 pm

When I first tried to connect my Wii to the intarwebz it gave me troubles 'cuz my router asks for a password.  We put in all known passwords and still no go.  So I don't have the wi-fi (wii-fi?) set up right now. :(

Reset your router then. ;)
Is it a linksys?
I can tell ya how to do it 8)

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/08/09 at 8:58 pm

lol I just tried Bust-a-Move...easy right? I mean I can rap that shyt backwards in my sleep...but god help anyone subjected to watching me attempt to DDR that mother... my landlord called to find out if there was an earthquake

Just kidding about that last part  ;)
LOL - I thought I could dance too - but holy he--  That crap is impossible, and the training part of it sucks....

I will do it out here in the midwest and you do it on the west coast and people will think the world is coming to the end!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: snozberries on 01/08/09 at 10:35 pm

replying to everyone!

karen! welcome back!!! glad you got the fit and that you're enjoying it. I love the fit but I think the outdoor challenge is actually a better work out for me ... I know I know...and it cost $30 less!  or $100 less depending on what the fit ended up costing you.

James would love outdoor challenge tho because he can totally jump on the mat... I jump on it and I must have 220 pounds on him!  ;D

Midas...yeah I can't get that whole move the body not the head thing down... maybe if I the Wii fit board on my head it would properly register my movements!  ;D

Tam- great idea about us hooking up online (however that works) I recently ordered and rec'd off ebay an extra long serial ethernet cable thingy for like 5 bucks so as soon as I feel motivated  (read that monday or Tuesday) I will be online with my Wii.

Sami-  omg... we could totally take out the country with our DDR plan to overthrow the world.... and I take it back there will no posting of videos anytime any place... I am truly sorry I asked  ;)

Oh and Tam... shoot I think I need help with the hula hoop....my hips just don't move that way  ;D  although I do kick ass at the tightrope...and the lotus...apparently I am a zen master at sitting perfectly still....don't know how that counts as exercise but I always look forward to doing that one!

;D

Written By: Tam on 01/09/09 at 11:01 am

Tam- great idea about us hooking up online (however that works) I recently ordered and rec'd off ebay an extra long serial ethernet cable thingy for like 5 bucks so as soon as I feel motivated  (read that monday or Tuesday) I will be online with my Wii.

Girl - did you get the cable for your router? I am not sure the wii will hook up with a cable - it is wifi ready. :-\\

Oh and Tam... shoot I think I need help with the hula hoop....my hips just don't move that way  ;D  although I do kick ass at the tightrope...and the lotus...apparently I am a zen master at sitting perfectly still....don't know how that counts as exercise but I always look forward to doing that one!

;D

Shoot - the lotus - the best I have gotten is 91 seconds or something like that. I try and try, I sit and close my eyes and I do better, but I just can't last all that long. The sitting still part is about working all of your muscles to maintain one pose, and using those muscles to keep everything still together. I have a lot of work to do on my back, because I have a sciatic problem, but I love my wii fit.

The Plank kills me! I keep working at it though. I guess I should go get the cover for the board, cause the plank eats the crap out of my forearms and my elbows!

Written By: snozberries on 01/09/09 at 11:03 am

Girl - did you get the cable for your router? I am not sure the wii will hook up with a cable - it is wifi ready. :-\\

Shoot - the lotus - the best I have gotten is 91 seconds or something like that. I try and try, I sit and close my eyes and I do better, but I just can't last all that long. The sitting still part is about working all of your muscles to maintain one pose, and using those muscles to keep everything still together. I have a lot of work to do on my back, because I have a sciatic problem, but I love my wii fit.

The Plank kills me! I keep working at it though. I guess I should go get the cover for the board, cause the plank eats the crap out of my forearms and my elbows!

oh well then I'll hook cable up with the PS3... or I'll move my desk top...whatever...it was only 5 bucks...how come no one told me the damn thing was wifi ready?

;D  guess I should read the manual a little more closely huh?

Written By: Tam on 01/09/09 at 11:14 am

oh well then I'll hook cable up with the PS3... or I'll move my desk top...whatever...it was only 5 bucks...how come no one told me the damn thing was wifi ready?

;D  guess I should read the manual a little more closely huh?

It's cool. I am not sure if it even tells you in the manual that it is wifi ready. I didn't know until the guy at Best Buy told me. I was there, going to buy a wireless connection for it, when he explained it was wifi just like my DS. I was so excited I came right home, went through the settings, entered my wep code and away I went! (Of course, I got my wii probably about 6 months after it first came out, so perhaps it was then that they didn't tell you it is wifi - now they probably tell you for sure.)

I gotta send you my wii id. ;)

Written By: snozberries on 01/09/09 at 11:18 am

It's cool. I am not sure if it even tells you in the manual that it is wifi ready. I didn't know until the guy at Best Buy told me. I was there, going to buy a wireless connection for it, when he explained it was wifi just like my DS. I was so excited I came right home, went through the settings, entered my wep code and away I went! (Of course, I got my wii probably about 6 months after it first came out, so perhaps it was then that they didn't tell you it is wifi - now they probably tell you for sure.)

I gotta send you my wii id. ;)

and as soon as I figure out mine I'll send it to you!

Written By: karen on 01/09/09 at 8:33 pm

Tell me more about the Outdoor Challenge whatsit.

A friend was asking about the wii fit today and thought she might be interested in the outdoor challenge (she has kids the same age as mine).  But I need some more details.

Written By: Tam on 01/09/09 at 8:39 pm

Tell me more about the Outdoor Challenge whatsit.

A friend was asking about the wii fit today and thought she might be interested in the outdoor challenge (she has kids the same age as mine).  But I need some more details.

Outdoor Challenge Who?
I don't think I have heard of it.... :-\\

Written By: snozberries on 01/09/09 at 8:53 pm

tam I'm hooking up via Wii fi now! Thanks.

Okay so karen...

Outdoor challenge is a series of active games sort of like you have for the Wii Fit but instead of using a balance board you have a mat
When you run you run in the blue and orange square. some games have 3 lanes and the squares are the center then the orange square orange arrow are the right lane and blue sq. blue arrow are the left lane etc

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa235/snozberries44/Inthe00s/outdoorchallengemat.jpg

for 54.95 (at costco) I got the mat and a disc with games.

Games
-kayak (I suck at it)
-whack the mole game where you on the mat at the arrow that matches the mole's location.
-jogging game where you run directly on the mat
-hurdles which is essentially jogging but you jump over hurdles
-snow boarding but you get to jump
-log jumping (two different log jumping games)
-jump rope
-inline roller blading (which is really just more running and jumping)
-pipe slider where you sit on your butt and use your hands to control the player
-a mine cart game I have yet to figure out
and at least 5 more games that all involve jumping....

I think you see where I'm going with this... James can jump to his hearts content. I have played it for at least 8 hours now and putting 250++ lbs of jumping pressure has yet to break the mat  ;)

However, I have had the mat move on me during game play... not so much that I slip and fall but I do get out of alignment with the squares.  I find it frustrating... I have a mat for my wii fit and just started wondering if its might work as a non slip mat for the outdoor challenge mat... I have the same problem with DDR... again... I'm not falling it doesn't slip that much... it just moves which affects your game play.

anyway it doesn't track your weight like the wii fit does but it gives you active life points... I don't know what the hell to do with them but I feel good when I exceed previous active life points...and it is quite the workout... I did the marathon run the other day and it was 10 minutes if straight running... but- with wii fit running you can cheat because the fit measures the swinging of your arms... the outdoor challenge actually calculates your speed and how many times you lift your feet off the mat..... I did 2225 steps in my 10 minute run. I don't know if that's good but it was good for me!

Written By: snozberries on 01/09/09 at 8:54 pm

Outdoor Challenge Who?
I don't think I have heard of it.... :-\\

apparently you're not reading my posts!  ;)

I've been talking about it for 3 days now!

Written By: Tam on 01/09/09 at 9:07 pm

apparently you're not reading my posts!  ;)

I've been talking about it for 3 days now!

Crap! I suck don't I??!! ;D

Written By: snozberries on 01/09/09 at 9:32 pm

Crap! I suck don't I??!! ;D

Howard? Did the Profile bandit get you too?  ;)

;D 

okay so I just went online with my Wii and bought my all time favorite old skool nintendo games...punch out and solomon's key...somehow..even though the graphics suck these games do not disappoint

Written By: Tam on 01/09/09 at 9:35 pm

Howard? Did the Profile bandit get you too?  ;)

;D 

okay so I just went online with my Wii and bought my all time favorite old skool nintendo games...punch out and solomon's key...somehow..even though the graphics suck these games do not disappoint

Awesome!
We haven't bought any yet. I would like to get Super Mario 3 and if they have Contra available I would love to get my hands on it!!!

Written By: snozberries on 01/09/09 at 11:16 pm

Awesome!
We haven't bought any yet. I would like to get Super Mario 3 and if they have Contra available I would love to get my hands on it!!!

I think they did have contra... def. the super mario and donkey kong country games will be on my list.

I just might be able to get rid of my 8 bit nes system... who am I kidding I'm holding on to that baby until The day I die.

Written By: snozberries on 01/09/09 at 11:19 pm

does anyone have brain age?

I kind of like it... its similar to the games you get on facebook... not the word game but the brain test one with the calculation, memory, visual and something else...

I think its one you can go online and challenge others so if anyone has it or gets it... let me know and we'll seee if we can share data...or whatever

tam you'll have to walk me through this whole connecting with friends thing. I've got the wii fi alll set up but now don't know what to do...

I'll be home tomorrow and Sunday after 6 pm PST if either of those times work for you.

Written By: Tam on 01/10/09 at 10:45 am

does anyone have brain age?

I kind of like it... its similar to the games you get on facebook... not the word game but the brain test one with the calculation, memory, visual and something else...

I think its one you can go online and challenge others so if anyone has it or gets it... let me know and we'll seee if we can share data...or whatever

tam you'll have to walk me through this whole connecting with friends thing. I've got the wii fi alll set up but now don't know what to do...

I'll be home tomorrow and Sunday after 6 pm PST if either of those times work for you.

I'll definitely walk you through it. ;)

I should be home after 10pm EST - so we should be able to hook up. I have to bowl tonight. 8)

Written By: snozberries on 01/10/09 at 11:24 am

I'll definitely walk you through it. ;)

I should be home after 10pm EST - so we should be able to hook up. I have to bowl tonight. 8)

funny... you say you  have to bowl tonight... like that's a good thing.

I have to bowl to...wii bowling (now that's good!)

Written By: Tam on 01/10/09 at 11:27 am

funny... you say you  have to bowl tonight... like that's a good thing.

I have to bowl to...wii bowling (now that's good!)

It is in now way a chore, it just sucks that Nasty isn't here to go with me :(

Written By: snozberries on 01/10/09 at 11:31 am

It is in now way a chore, it just sucks that Nasty isn't here to go with me :(

aw sorry.

Written By: Tam on 01/10/09 at 11:49 am

aw sorry.

It's all good.
I am a big girl and I can take care of things. ;)
Just don't want to  hahah

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/12/09 at 5:17 pm

I got our WiiConnect working!  Yay!  :D

Written By: snozberries on 01/12/09 at 5:18 pm

I got our WiiConnect working!  Yay!  :D

yay.....that\s what they calll that online thingy tam and I were talking about right?

pm me your address and I'll get you mine when I get home tonight.

Written By: karen on 01/12/09 at 7:11 pm

I got all the way across on the tight rope balance game!

Written By: Tam on 01/12/09 at 7:15 pm

w00t!!!!
How long did it take you?
My best time I think is a minute 36 seconds or something awful like that! ;D ;D

Written By: karen on 01/12/09 at 7:54 pm

w00t!!!!
How long did it take you?
My best time I think is a minute 36 seconds or something awful like that! ;D ;D

That's about how long it took me!

Dai is upstairs now trying the ski slalom game (and blaming the wii for being useless when he can't do it right  ::) )

Written By: snozberries on 01/12/09 at 8:03 pm

WAY TO G O0

Written By: snozberries on 01/12/09 at 8:05 pm

That's about how long it took me!

Dai is upstairs now trying the ski slalom game (and blaming the wii for being useless when he can't do it right  ::) )

;D

What 36 seconds is bad? I was just happy to get across.

I can't do that damn ride the bubble down the river game.

Written By: Tam on 01/12/09 at 8:16 pm

;D

What 36 seconds is bad? I was just happy to get across.

I can't do that damn ride the bubble down the river game.

No Darlin'
A minute 36 seconds.
1:36
;D ;D

Written By: snozberries on 01/12/09 at 8:20 pm

No Darlin'
A minute 36 seconds.
1:36
;D ;D

oops I just pulled a howard  ;)  Sorry...

luv ya Howard!  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 01/12/09 at 8:51 pm

I'm listening to my iTunes library and  Fitty Sent In Da Club just came on...I can't stop dancing there should totally be a Fitty version of DDR...

its yer berfday! 

Written By: Tam on 01/12/09 at 9:21 pm

I'm listening to my iTunes library and  Fitty Sent In Da Club just came on...I can't stop dancing there should totally be a Fitty version of DDR...

its yer berfday!   

Mahahahahahah!!!
I wanna get DDR but would rather nail down Lego Batman first! ;)

Written By: snozberries on 01/12/09 at 9:58 pm

Mahahahahahah!!!
I wanna get DDR but would rather nail down Lego Batman first! ;)

you wanna nail batman?  :o

I've always been kinda partial to Superman myself.  ;)

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/12/09 at 10:06 pm

its yer berfday! 

How is DDR going for you???  I have not tried it again, I am afraid I need more supports in the basement of my home ;)

;D ;D ;D  Plus they do need to make a sticky pad for that thing I slide around on my hardwood floors

Written By: Tam on 01/12/09 at 10:11 pm

you wanna nail batman?  :o

I've always been kinda partial to Superman myself.  ;)

Definitely!!!

gggggrrrrrroooooooowwwwwwwwwwllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll ;D

Written By: snozberries on 01/12/09 at 10:19 pm

How is DDR going for you???  I have not tried it again, I am afraid I need more supports in the basement of my home ;)

;D ;D ;D  Plus they do need to make a sticky pad for that thing I slide around on my hardwood floors

I haven't tried because the only song I liked was Bust a move and I still couldn't get a good score on it.

I will probably wait until later before I try again... or sell it to Tam cheap  ;)

Written By: Tam on 01/12/09 at 10:20 pm

I haven't tried because the only song I liked was Bust a move and I still couldn't get a good score on it.

I will probably wait until later before I try again... or sell it to Tam cheap  ;)

w00t!!!!!!!!!!
I like the sound of that! ;D

Written By: snozberries on 01/12/09 at 10:21 pm

w00t!!!!!!!!!!
I like the sound of that! ;D

crap  you didn't tell me she was listening.

;)

Written By: snozberries on 01/13/09 at 3:07 am

so I finally got back on the fit...the first time since my birthday (Dec 7th) :-[

I worked out for 43 minutes

I gotta tell ya I tried the Shoulder stand for the first time and I laughed my fat ass all over the apartment... I cannot raise my body so I was just lying there in an L position laughing like a maniac...

but that's not my point... aside from that fiasco I did pretty well....

oh I also did the lotus for about 5 minutes.. I forgot to hit A and I was sitting there with my eyes closed wondering why it was taking so long  :-[ 

Anyway- I was so mad that I had so many gaps on my calendar so I deleted myself and ended up starting over...telling myself I will be more committed this time around.

so I started all over... I don't recommend it... but all my scores are better. I did every activity I was allowed to do... one time each. That was 30 minutes.. Okay I skipped the running but you know I did an hour and 15 of fit and about 50 minutes of Wii Sports so who cares if I jogged. I could have sat on my exercise ball and swung my arms but that would have been cheating and I don't want to cheat... plus I like the running on in outdoor challenge better... you can't cheat there.

Anyway- I guess I just had to tell someone. so lucky you who ever reads this... er... skims it is more likely.

;)

Written By: Midas on 01/13/09 at 9:06 am

so I finally got back on the fit...the first time since my birthday (Dec 7th) :-[

I gotta tell ya I tried the Shoulder stand for the first time and I laughed my fat ass all over the apartment... I cannot raise my body so I was just lying there in an L position laughing like a maniac...

oh I also did the lotus for about 5 minutes.. I forgot to hit A and I was sitting there with my eyes closed wondering why it was taking so long  :-[   

Anyway- I was so mad that I had so many gaps on my calendar so I deleted myself and ended up starting over...telling myself I will be more committed this time around.

so I started all over... I don't recommend it... but all my scores are better. I did every activity I was allowed to do... one time each. That was 30 minutes.. Okay I skipped the running but you know I did an hour and 15 of fit and about 50 minutes of Wii Sports so who cares if I jogged. I could have sat on my exercise ball and swung my arms but that would have been cheating and I don't want to cheat... plus I like the running on in outdoor challenge better... you can't cheat there.

Anyway- I guess I just had to tell someone. so lucky you who ever reads this... er... skims it is more likely.

;)

Excellent.  I read it. :)

TamTam talked to me last night for about 20 minutes trying to get my Wii to connect to the internet.  My computers decided to take a dump during the process and I never got connected.  I'll try again on Friday when I have a little more time.

Written By: statsqueen on 01/13/09 at 5:23 pm

;)

I read it!  Wish I could have been there! ;):P  You make me want to go out and get one.  I was going to post about the Rock Band drum set, but already told you Micah has one.  She ended up getting the Rock Band 2 wireless drum set (no, I don't know what the difference is).  I love it, but am very happy to report that I am not addicted  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 01/13/09 at 5:29 pm

I read it!  Wish I could have been there! ;):P  You make me want to go out and get one.  I was going to post about the Rock Band drum set, but already told you Micah has one.  She ended up getting the Rock Band 2 wireless drum set (no, I don't know what the difference is).  I love it, but am very happy to report that I am not addicted  ;D

the difference would be in the wire  ;) 

;D  I think with the wireless you don't have the fear of someone tripping over the cord on the floor causing the system (or drum kit) to crash to the floor....

I really want one. I just wish the emphasis wasn't on Rock music... I want them to come out with Pop Band...or 80's band or something
You know a game where I know more than 7 songs

Written By: statsqueen on 01/13/09 at 5:31 pm

the difference would be in the wire  ;) 

;D  I think with the wireless you don't have the fear of someone tripping over the cord on the floor causing the system (or drum kit) to crash to the floor....

I really want one. I just wish the emphasis wasn't on Rock music... I want them to come out with Pop Band...or 80's band or something
You know a game where I know more than 7 songs

Smarta________  I knew you'd say something about the wires, just hoping you wouldn't go for the obvious (only kidding, I would have been severely disappointed if you hadn't said something)

I know what you mean, wish they had other genres too.  I wish I knew 7 of the songs they offer!!!!

Written By: snozberries on 01/13/09 at 6:46 pm

Smarta________  I knew you'd say something about the wires, just hoping you wouldn't go for the obvious (only kidding, I would have been severely disappointed if you hadn't said something)

I know what you mean, wish they had other genres too.  I wish I knew 7 of the songs they offer!!!!

Glad I didn't dissapoint!  ;D

I probably should have clarified.. for Guitar Hero World Tour I know 7 songs for Rock Band (if I remember correctly) I know 4 or 5

Written By: statsqueen on 01/13/09 at 8:33 pm

Glad I didn't dissapoint!  ;D

I probably should have clarified.. for Guitar Hero World Tour I know 7 songs for Rock Band (if I remember correctly) I know 4 or 5

I think I recognized 2  ::)  but in tutorial mode, I got a 95% on the 90% speed level of the Lynryd Skynyrd (sp?) song they have.  I went downhill from there, but I still got it.  Imagine what I'll do with practice (they have to re-hook it up of course)

Written By: snozberries on 01/13/09 at 8:37 pm

I think I recognized 2  ::)  but in tutorial mode, I got a 95% on the 90% speed level of the Lynryd Skynyrd (sp?) song they have.  I went downhill from there, but I still got it.  Imagine what I'll do with practice (they have to re-hook it up of course)

unless its Sweet Home Alabama... I won't know it.

Written By: statsqueen on 01/13/09 at 8:41 pm

unless its Sweet Home Alabama... I won't know it.

Nope, think it is called Simple Man, but don't quote me.  I don't know it til I see it on the screen.  :-\\

Written By: snozberries on 01/13/09 at 8:42 pm

Nope, think it is called Simple Man, but don't quote me.  I don't know it til I see it on the screen.  :-\\

I don't think I've ever heard another Skynard song...

Written By: Tam on 01/13/09 at 8:49 pm

What's you name
Free Bird
That smell

..to name a few ;)

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/13/09 at 8:58 pm

you disappoint ;)

;D ;D

Written By: snozberries on 01/13/09 at 9:02 pm

What's you name
Free Bird
That smell

..to name a few ;)

oh yeah... Free Bird.. that was Skynard wasn't it...okay there's two.. sorry Tam haven't heard of the other two...well not that I know of anyway.

Written By: snozberries on 01/13/09 at 9:03 pm

you disappoint ;)

;D ;D

sorry they just weren't rockin' skynard in my hood

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/13/09 at 9:12 pm

sorry they just weren't rockin' skynard in my hood
Oh yeah, I forgot ;)  We all cn't be so fortunate to have 50lbs of bacon in our freezer ;)
;D

But it is Rockband and Guitar Hero; so far they have not came out with Pop Band or Synthesizer Slayer ;D

Written By: statsqueen on 01/13/09 at 9:13 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot ;)  We all cn't be so fortunate to have 50lbs of bacon in our freezer ;)
;D

But it is Rockband and Guitar Hero; so far they have not came out with Pop Band or Synthesizer Slayer ;D

Patiently waiting for Smooth Jazz or Celtic Drummer  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 01/13/09 at 9:20 pm

;D

Synth slayer would be a kick ass game!  Think of all the great New Wave Classics that would find new life!

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/13/09 at 9:40 pm

Patiently waiting for Smooth Jazz or Celtic Drummer  ;D
Instead of Dance Dance Revolution - What about Celtic Clogger (Lord of the Dance - HERE WE COME) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: snozberries on 01/13/09 at 9:41 pm

Instead of Dance Dance Revolution - What about Celtic Clogger (Lord of the Dance - HERE WE COME) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

that sounds like A real crowd pleaser

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/13/09 at 9:44 pm

Synth slayer would be a kick ass game!  Think of all the great New Wave Classics that would find new life!
I am thinking Nick Rhoades from Duran Duran and playing "Girls on Film" ;D ;D ;D

or Eurythmics "sweet dreams" ;D

Written By: snozberries on 01/13/09 at 9:45 pm

I am thinking Nick Rhoades from Duran Duran and playing "Girls on Film" ;D ;D ;D

or Eurythmics "sweet dreams" ;D

what... no aha Take on Me?

Written By: statsqueen on 01/13/09 at 9:53 pm

I like the way you think!

that sounds like A real crowd pleaser

Is that sarcasm?  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 01/13/09 at 9:56 pm

I like the way you think!

Is that sarcasm?  ;D

What you have to ask now??? I'm losing my touch!  :(

;)

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/13/09 at 9:58 pm

what... no aha Take on Me?

Oh - that would work

A little lesser known - A FLOCK of Seagulls - Wishing

Men Without Hats - Safety Dance

Written By: snozberries on 01/13/09 at 10:02 pm

Oh - that would work

A little lesser known - A FLOCK of Seagulls - Wishing

Men Without Hats - Safety Dance

shoot I want Safety dance for DDR  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 01/14/09 at 2:16 am

30 minutes of fit yesterday...

40 today..... and guess what... I actually touched my toes... well my slippers....  ;D

and I still cannot balance on one leg.  :-\\

Written By: mooster on 01/14/09 at 2:30 am

and I still cannot balance on one leg.  :-\\

Neither can I  ;)

Contemplating whether or not I should do some wii - it's 7.30pm...and I'm not long in from work...and it's 35 degrees celsius - so, I think the answer will be, not tonight !  :D  :P

Written By: statsqueen on 01/14/09 at 10:16 am

What you have to ask now??? I'm losing my touch!  :(

;)

Nah, just wanted to mess with ya!  You've still got it, no worries :p

Written By: Tam on 01/14/09 at 10:33 am

Q - I need you to send me your mii so I can tell you how to take mine and attach it to your address book.

I don't remember how the heck to do it without actually doing it! ;)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/14/09 at 11:44 am

I need Miis too!  :o  Did y'all get my Wii #?

Written By: Tam on 01/14/09 at 11:47 am

I need Miis too!  :o  Did y'all get my Wii #?

I sent you my mii this morning!!!!
I had to wait for our systems to register each other! ;)

Now I need yours, Jess' and The Spawn's!!! ;D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/14/09 at 12:35 pm

It shall be done 8)

Written By: snozberries on 01/14/09 at 2:42 pm

Q - I need you to send me your mii so I can tell you how to take mine and attach it to your address book.

I don't remember how the heck to do it without actually doing it! ;)

lol... hopefully you got it.. I sent it to you last night!

Written By: snozberries on 01/14/09 at 2:43 pm

the spawn... love IT!

Written By: Tam on 01/14/09 at 2:57 pm

lol... hopefully you got it.. I sent it to you last night!

I didn't... I got the messages about baseball and stuff but not the mii.
Did you send it through the mii channel?

If you just attached it to a message it won't go through - you have to send your mii through the mii channel ;)

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/15/09 at 5:39 pm

Sent my Mii to Tam and Q and received both of your Mii's as well.

I think this could be fun (if we can all get on around the same time ???).

Written By: snozberries on 01/15/09 at 5:50 pm

got everyone's mii. LOL- I had to figure out who mom was  ;D

anyway... I just did the marble game on fit and all mii friends came to play!  :)

now hopefully ya'll play baseball better than my last team did... ;)

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/15/09 at 8:17 pm

got everyone's mii. LOL- I had to figure out who mom was  ;D

anyway... I just did the marble game on fit and all mii friends came to play!  :)

now hopefully ya'll play baseball better than my last team did... ;)
I forgot that my name at home is mom!  ;D ;D ;D

Sorry - I go by so many names ;)

Funny I played the marble game too! 

Written By: snozberries on 01/15/09 at 8:29 pm

I forgot that my name at home is mom!  ;D ;D ;D

Sorry - I go by so many names ;)

Funny I played the marble game too! 

I was getting stuck on the "S" shaped one but I figured it out!

I managed to finish for the first time today ... all you guys were standing next to me...

One of my mii's is a Rosie O'Donnell mii..  She was there too  ;D

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/15/09 at 9:18 pm

I was getting stuck on the "S" shaped one but I figured it out!

I managed to finish for the first time today ... all you guys were standing next to me...

One of my mii's is a Rosie O'Donnell mii..  She was there too  ;D
IT is like playing with friends ;D

Written By: snozberries on 01/15/09 at 9:30 pm

IT is like playing with friends ;D

yeah the day Tam sent me her mii I played baseball and Tam got a home run... I suck at basseball so I was happy Tam "played" better than I do... I think its all in the mind. the reason I made a Rosie me is because of A League of Their Own....Rosie plays better than I do too  ;D

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/15/09 at 9:50 pm

yeah the day Tam sent me her mii I played baseball and Tam got a home run... I suck at basseball so I was happy Tam "played" better than I do... I think its all in the mind. the reason I made a Rosie me is because of A League of Their Own....Rosie plays better than I do too  ;D
That is my favorite movie!!!  You should make Madonna, and Gina Davis too (and what about Marla)

Written By: snozberries on 01/15/09 at 10:49 pm

That is my favorite movie!!!  You should make Madonna, and Gina Davis too (and what about Marla)

aw Marla!

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/16/09 at 11:25 am

Did my Mii do any good?  :-[

Written By: Tam on 01/16/09 at 11:40 am

Your mii hit me in the head with a cleat! Jess' mii hit me in the head with a panda face! The Spawn's managed to throw a soccer ball, but I missed it! ;D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/16/09 at 11:53 am

That's some powerful Mii!  :o

Written By: Tam on 01/16/09 at 11:59 am

That's some powerful Mii!  :o

Yeah! Y'all are supposed to help me get fit.... not beat me up!!! ;D

Written By: snozberries on 01/16/09 at 12:08 pm

I didn't have yours when I played baseball...but you kicked arse in the marble game...first one thru every time!

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/16/09 at 12:25 pm

Your mii hit me in the head with a cleat! Jess' mii hit me in the head with a panda face! The Spawn's managed to throw a soccer ball, but I missed it! ;D
I suck at that soccer head thing - I think I took more cleats to the head than soccer balls ;D

Written By: snozberries on 01/16/09 at 12:26 pm

I suck at that soccer head thing - I think I took more cleats to the head than soccer balls ;D

lol...its panda heads for me! but I'm getting better at it...

oh and for the tightrope try swinging your hips left and right rather than leaning left and right... I think it works better... but lean if you need to regain balance

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/16/09 at 12:27 pm

Yeah! Y'all are supposed to help me get fit.... not beat me up!!! ;D
You too - I thought it was just me.  I am not sure if I like the "gang" mentality ;D

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/16/09 at 12:28 pm

lol...its panda heads for me! but I'm getting better at it...

oh and for the tightrope try swinging your hips left and right rather than leaning left and right... I think it works better... but lean if you need to regain balance
Tight rope I wasn't too bad - atleast I thought I wasn't I got to 37.5' before time ran out - SO CLOSE, YET SO FAR

Written By: snozberries on 01/16/09 at 12:29 pm

lol... I was so busy watching for the soccer balls I didn't realize you guys were the kickers... lol tam that's why you kept getting hit.. you were trying to see who was kicking to you!  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 01/16/09 at 12:30 pm

Tight rope I wasn't too bad - atleast I thought I wasn't I got to 37.5' before time ran out - SO CLOSE, YET SO FAR

lol... my best time in 1:30 but that was before I figured out the hip thing... I figured out the hip thing towards the end  couldn't try again because it would eff up my numbers ;D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/16/09 at 1:42 pm

This board is private right?  So maybe we can just do a Mii exchange.

Written By: Tam on 01/16/09 at 1:53 pm

This board is private right?  So maybe we can just do a Mii exchange.

HUH?

Written By: snozberries on 01/16/09 at 2:32 pm

HUH?

I second that huh?

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/16/09 at 2:45 pm

As in, if we put in our Wiicodes in this thread, guests aren't able to view it and exploit us or something.

Although I suppose we should just PM the codes to each other like we've been doing, I didn't know who else besides Midas, Snoz and Tam had Wii.

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/16/09 at 2:49 pm

:-\\

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/16/09 at 2:56 pm

???

Written By: snozberries on 01/16/09 at 2:59 pm

How bout this...

anyone with a Wii who wants to exchange codes PM me!  ;)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/16/09 at 3:00 pm

I did!  :D

Try it though, when you log out, this entire subforum disappears!

At least for me...maybe it doesn't like Guest-Me :(

Written By: snozberries on 01/16/09 at 3:36 pm

lol... I love the members here but I don't know that I want everyone to know my wii address  ;)

Written By: Tam on 01/16/09 at 3:59 pm

Haha!
It does in fact disappear if you log out! Weird!
I suppose when it was created it wasn't set up so that guests could view it or post in it. ;)

Written By: snozberries on 01/16/09 at 4:30 pm

Haha!
It does in fact disappear if you log out! Weird!
I suppose when it was created it wasn't set up so that guests could view it or post in it. ;)

Good  ;)

Written By: Tam on 01/16/09 at 5:22 pm

OK.

Snoz, Jess & Rice!

I sent y'all some of the mii's that I have on my system. I apologize if I overload you when you log into the mii channel, but you are going to have a blast looking at them and using them!! Turns out I can only send 20 mii's a day, so I will send them to other people tomorrow and the day after as well. 8)

I didn't get to send all the one's I wanted to, but I bet I know who each of your favorites are!!! ;)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/16/09 at 5:51 pm

That's cool 8)  Whoever wants our Miis, please to PM Jess or meself.

Written By: Midas on 01/16/09 at 5:59 pm

How bout this...

anyone with a Wii who wants to exchange codes PM me!   ;)

I PM'd you and 2kidsami :)  I figured out how to send Miis but I have no idea how if Miis have been sent to mii.  I looked on the Mii channel and there is only mii and mii fiancé. 

Tam sent me a miisage and was gonna tell me how to do stuff :D

Written By: Tam on 01/16/09 at 6:17 pm

I PM'd you and 2kidsami :)  I figured out how to send Miis but I have no idea how if Miis have been sent to mii.  I looked on the Mii channel and there is only mii and mii fiancé. 

Midas - I got your mii. You did it right.
In order to receive the mii's we have sent you - you have to go into the mii channel, then go out, then go back in. Sometimes they don't register right away. I have had to do this step with everyone who has sent me theirs.

I think I sent you another one today - but if I didn't then I will for sure tomorrow!!!

Written By: snozberries on 01/16/09 at 6:27 pm

sweet... I meant to save the pm I sent with my Wii number but I didn't so I'll have to get you mine when I get home!

Written By: Midas on 01/16/09 at 6:29 pm

Midas - I got your mii. You did it right.
In order to receive the mii's we have sent you - you have to go into the mii channel, then go out, then go back in. Sometimes they don't register right away. I have had to do this step with everyone who has sent me theirs.

I think I sent you another one today - but if I didn't then I will for sure tomorrow!!!

I received thrii. :D  Thanks!

sweet... I meant to save the pm I sent with my Wii number but I didn't so I'll have to get you mine when I get home!

Cool! :)

Written By: karen on 01/16/09 at 7:26 pm

At some point I will try and sort out getting on-line with my wii.

Has anyone posted instructions here how to do it?

Written By: Tam on 01/16/09 at 7:27 pm

At some point I will try and sort out getting on-line with my wii.

Has anyone posted instructions here how to do it?

I will get the instructions up for you Karen... might not be tonight though... perhaps we can shoot for Saturday or Sunday. 8)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/18/09 at 11:27 am

I added y'all!  Need some Mii!

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/18/09 at 1:04 pm

Midas I have you registered on my Wii - but you must not have me in there yet as I cannot send you a Mii

Rice - My Mii should be dropping from the sky sometime shortly ;)

Written By: snozberries on 01/18/09 at 1:07 pm

Midas I have you registered on my Wii - but you must not have me in there yet as I cannot send you a Mii

Rice - My Mii should be dropping from the sky sometime shortly ;)

hey Rice... her mii is named "mom"  ;D

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/18/09 at 2:09 pm

hey Rice... her mii is named "mom"  ;D
Hey for them - I changed it to Sami (I had to learn from my mistakes ::))

Written By: snozberries on 01/18/09 at 2:14 pm

Hey for them - I changed it to Sami (I had to learn from my mistakes ::))

so I'm special! YAY Me! ;D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/18/09 at 2:16 pm

Mom!

lawlz :D

Written By: karen on 01/18/09 at 7:19 pm

I think I have oe called Mum but I forgot about that when setting up the wii fit so it always calls me Jane!  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 01/18/09 at 8:19 pm

I think I have oe called Mum but I forgot about that when setting up the wii fit so it always calls me Jane!  ;D

that's funny!

does anyone want me to send them Rosie O'Donnell?

Written By: Tam on 01/18/09 at 8:55 pm

Did you get OBAMA??!!

I sent him a few nights ago... along with a few other retro choices. 8)

Written By: snozberries on 01/18/09 at 9:09 pm

Did you get OBAMA??!!

I sent him a few nights ago... along with a few other retro choices. 8)

no I was on last night and just checked right now and I don't have them.  :(

Written By: Tam on 01/18/09 at 9:46 pm

no I was on last night and just checked right now and I don't have them.  :(

Hmmm.... I will have to send him again then when I get the chance ;)

Written By: Midas on 01/19/09 at 1:53 pm

I sent you me Miis - One the other day and one today :D

I just registered you and snoz a couple hours ago.  I've been busy :(

I should make more Miis.  Sounds like people have some cool ones made. :D

Written By: Tam on 01/19/09 at 9:28 pm

How to hook your wii up for wifi.

You need to have a router running in your home so that wireless devices can hook up to it to have access to the internet.
First, if you have a wep code on your router, you need to have it handy, because the wii is going to need that number.

Turn on your wii
Go into the wii option
Click wii settings
Go to internet (2nd page)
Click New Connection
You can detect or set it up manually, connecting via the wii is definitely easier.
It will populate a list of routers available to the wii, click your router and it will ask for the wep code.
Input the wep code and once you click ok, it will run a diagnostic to make sure the settings are correct and you can connect.
After this you should be good to go.

To find your personal wii number:

Turn on the wii
Click wii messages
click new message
either the number will appear here, or click address book and the number will come up there. Copy it down in order to share it with your friends.

To add friends' wii numbers

Turn on the wii
click wii messages
click new message
click address book
click register
click in the box and enter friends wii number
click ok and now click on the box to add a name to the wii number.

Takes about 30-60 minutes for the wii's to register each other but after that you can send your mii's and messages and stuff all you want. (There is a daily limit of only 20 mii's you are allowed to send to anyone.) ;)

Written By: snozberries on 01/19/09 at 9:35 pm

you know I haven't seen any miis come in for a few days now...I'm at 10,

Is there a limit or am I doing something wrong?

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/19/09 at 10:54 pm

BWAHAHAHA!  I just got a bajillion Miis from Tam :D  I like the Obamii.

I don't have any more Miis on our Wii though...at least not until we have more additions to the family :P

Written By: Tam on 01/20/09 at 8:30 am

you know I haven't seen any miis come in for a few days now...I'm at 10,

Is there a limit or am I doing something wrong?

No limit Q - maybe because it was the weekend, the mii's took a mini vacation?! ;D
They should be there any time, Rice just got all of the ones I sent them! 8)

Written By: snozberries on 01/20/09 at 1:19 pm

No limit Q - maybe because it was the weekend, the mii's took a mini vacation?! ;D
They should be there any time, Rice just got all of the ones I sent them! 8)

I got them last night!  I love Obama too!  And the MJ is hilarious... ET kinda creeps me out tho!

;D  < You can't tell but I'm laughing now!

Written By: Red Ant on 01/24/09 at 12:24 am

I got them last night!  I love Obama too!  And the MJ is hilarious... ET kinda creeps me out tho!

;D  < You can't tell but I'm laughing now!

Jeez, I'm not the only person with a MJ Mii? Shucks...

Anyone here have RE4 for Wii?

signature banned as well

Written By: snozberries on 01/24/09 at 12:27 am

Jeez, I'm not the only person with a MJ Mii? Shucks...

Anyone here have RE4 for Wii?

signature banned as well

I only have the MJ one because Tam sent me yours  ;D she knew I would enjoy it!

I do have both RE4 and Umbrella Chronicles... I like RE4 but I like killing things... I can't play it long tho because keep going in circles and eventually get ill... don't get the "guns" tho... I find the controls really hard to use when they are in the guns.

Written By: Red Ant on 01/24/09 at 12:34 am

I only have the MJ one because Tam sent me yours  ;D she knew I would enjoy it!

I do have both RE4 and Umbrella Chronicles... I like RE4 but I like killing things... I can't play it long tho because keep going in circles and eventually get ill... don't get the "guns" tho... I find the controls really hard to use when they are in the guns.

Cool. I got RE4 last week, and I'm almost addicted to it. I'm in stage 4-1: I stopped tonight after dying to two huge mofos pounded me over a pit of fire.

I like kneecapping the enemy and knifing them to death, though that doesn't work so well with the ones that pop spiders and octopus-looking things from their heads.

Use the map! It's your friend. The controls take some getting used to, but you will in time.

How much is RE5 selling for now? I already want the next installment...

signature banned as well

Written By: snozberries on 01/24/09 at 9:50 am

Cool. I got RE4 last week, and I'm almost addicted to it. I'm in stage 4-1: I stopped tonight after dying to two huge mofos pounded me over a pit of fire.

I like kneecapping the enemy and knifing them to death, though that doesn't work so well with the ones that pop spiders and octopus-looking things from their heads.

Use the map! It's your friend. The controls take some getting used to, but you will in time.

How much is RE5 selling for now? I already want the next installment...

signature banned as well

Sounds like fun... I haven't gotten that far yet.

I got Umbrella Chronicles on ebay for $40 it came with two guns.... If I'd known the guns sucked I would have waited but I like toys and gadgets so I splurged.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/24/09 at 4:39 pm

Red Ant has Wii?  Cool 8)

I got Oprah and the Ladies' Man last night.  Oprah was hawt ;D

Written By: snozberries on 01/24/09 at 4:45 pm

what can I say I was inspired...I almost sent you Shemar Moore too... and Rosie.. I really want to send out Rosie!  ;D

Written By: Red Ant on 01/24/09 at 5:15 pm

I never thought about playing RE with a gun. I've been using the standard controller with the nunchuck thingy.

Rice, my Mii looks like MJ - even named him "Mikey". Why, I dunno... spur of the moment thing I guess.

I'll have to send out my Mii friend code or whatever it is to you all - I finally got the wireless internet working in the house.

signature banned as well

Written By: snozberries on 01/24/09 at 5:35 pm

I never thought about playing RE with a gun. I've been using the standard controller with the nunchuck thingy.

Rice, my Mii looks like MJ - even named him "Mikey". Why, I dunno... spur of the moment thing I guess.

I'll have to send out my Mii friend code or whatever it is to you all - I finally got the wireless internet working in the house.

signature banned as well

for the record the "gun" is really just a plastic frame. you place the controller and nunchuck into it.  but it places them at odd angles. I couldn't adjust to them so I put the guns away. I may try to sell them on ebay and see if I con some suckers like I was conned  ;D

Written By: karen on 01/25/09 at 10:17 pm

Are wii games regionalised like DVD's are?

Written By: snozberries on 01/25/09 at 10:20 pm

Are wii games regionalised like DVD's are?

that's a good question I don't know but I will look and see!

Written By: snozberries on 01/26/09 at 12:12 am

karen just got this off of a wii message board

Yes, they are regionally locked just like DVDS, so if you are have a Wii console that was purchased in the US, you will have to also purchase your Wii video games from the US as well.:smileyhappy:

oh and I just learned that you can reorder (organize/structure) your wii channels so I'll post the instructions for that tomorrow night! 

Subject: Re: Wii questions/discussion

Written By: snozberries on 02/04/09 at 3:52 pm

I just got My Fitness Coach for Wii....OMG that woman kicked my ass in my first 15 minute workout!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/05/09 at 10:51 am

Ant

I nailed my dog in the head while bowling too.  ;D  I felt bad, but he STILL gets in my way all the time.  ::)

Subject: Re: Wii questions and discussion

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/05/09 at 11:05 am

Ok, just read the whole thread.  I'm not hooked up to the internet yet - my husband is gonna have to handle that.  But as soon as I am I will let you guys know.  We don't have Wii fit yet either, though I totally want it - especially now after reading some of the stuff you guys have said about it.  We did order Rock Band and Mario Kart (Cart?) which I am totally excited to get.  Anyway, my favorite game is tennis, and I'm obsessed with increasing my level.  Ugh.  So frustrating.  And I've been creating Miis like crazy, but it never occured to me to create them for famous people.  I know what I'll be doing when I get home from work today!  ;D

Written By: Midas on 02/05/09 at 11:59 am

I think I sent the LM Mii before I disconnected the net connection.  It was interfering with my intarwebz at home.  :-\\  I may re-connect it at some point.

Written By: snozberries on 02/05/09 at 4:04 pm

I think I sent the LM Mii before I disconnected the net connection.  It was interfering with my intarwebz at home.  :-\\  I may re-connect it at some point.

aw.... I dodn't get the Ladies Man....does he have Courvoisier too?

Written By: Midas on 02/06/09 at 8:29 am

He left it at his Criib. :D  I'll re-connect and get him to you soon. ;)

Written By: karen on 02/06/09 at 4:07 pm

On the wii fit has anyone tried entering exercises they do elsewhere?  How easy is it to do?

Written By: Tam on 02/06/09 at 4:09 pm

On the wii fit has anyone tried entering exercises they do elsewhere?  How easy is it to do?

I add mine all the time so that house cleaning and real bowling and shoveling are all included in my time spent exercising. It is real easy Karen....
Just go to the area and review what exercises are light, moderate etc... select the category and then enter how much time you spent. ;)

Written By: karen on 02/06/09 at 4:10 pm

I add mine all the time so that house cleaning and real bowling and shoveling are all included in my time spent exercising. It is real easy Karen....
Just go to the area and review what exercises are light, moderate etc... select the category and then enter how much time you spent. ;)

Right, I'll have a look at this later.

I'm off now to play something on the Wii with James.  I don't know what, possibly Indiana Jones

Written By: karen on 02/06/09 at 6:27 pm

I'm off now to play something on the Wii with James.  I don't know what, possibly Indiana Jones

It's hard work playing a game with a little boy who knows how the game works and assumes you do as well!

Jump
Jump!
I am jumping
No, onto something!
Not the ledge, I mean the rope, Liz, I mean Mum
thinks (well why the f didn't you say so)  ::)

and the nunchuck keeps crapping out all the time  >:(

Written By: 2kidsami on 02/06/09 at 8:49 pm

It's hard work playing a game with a little boy who knows how the game works and assumes you do as well!

Jump
Jump!
I am jumping
No, onto something!

You want 4 little girls - I will take Indiana anytime ;D

Hope you have a good time.

Written By: 2kidsami on 02/06/09 at 8:50 pm

Man you guys are creative.  I just have me as a Mii :(

But I  get to play with all of you ;) - Although I do not seem to get Oprah, or anyone else - oh woh is me :\'(

;)

;D

Written By: snozberries on 02/06/09 at 9:12 pm

Jump
Jump!
I am jumping
No, onto something!

;D  This is hilarious!

I remember when nintendo first came out my friend and I would play super mario with her 5 year old and we (the adults) would physically duck if the character had to go under something and then make a jumping motion with our upper bodies when we'd jump....the boy sat perfectly still and nailed every move... and kept complaining because we kept saying "oh WATCH OUT!" Oh! Oh! Oh! lol!!!!! 

Written By: snozberries on 02/06/09 at 9:13 pm

Man you guys are creative.  I just have me as a Mii :(

But I  get to play with all of you ;) - Although I do not seem to get Oprah, or anyone else - oh woh is me :\'(

;)

;D

I didn't know if you wanted Oprah... I will send you Oprah and rosie if you want her....

Written By: 2kidsami on 02/06/09 at 9:15 pm

I didn't know if you wanted Oprah... I will send you Oprah and rosie if you want her....
Hey the more the merrier.  I need to see about making some Mii's .  Although the only people I know right now are cartoon characters :o

Written By: snozberries on 02/06/09 at 9:18 pm

Hey the more the merrier.  I need to see about making some Mii's .  Although the only people I know right now are cartoon characters :o

tam sent me Peppermint Patty, Garfield, and ET  ;D

Written By: 2kidsami on 02/06/09 at 9:24 pm

tam sent me Peppermint Patty, Garfield, and ET  ;D
too cool

Written By: 2kidsami on 02/07/09 at 8:34 pm

Just got the Outdoor Challenge today.  Can't wait to try it out.

Written By: snozberries on 02/07/09 at 9:48 pm

Just got the Outdoor Challenge today.  Can't wait to try it out.

woot! I can do that one for hours...except I get tired

Written By: 2kidsami on 02/08/09 at 9:23 am

woot! I can do that one for hours...except I get tired
Boy I thought I could jump rope, guess not, and man do you fall on your face hard ;D ;D ;D

Can not seem to get the Kayaking one.  I swing remote too hard or I do not have it moving, I have not found the happy medium.

Written By: snozberries on 02/08/09 at 10:03 am

Boy I thought I could jump rope, guess not, and man do you fall on your face hard ;D ;D ;D

Can not seem to get the Kayaking one.   I swing remote too hard or I do not have it moving, I have not found the happy medium.

yeah the kayak and the timing the jumps on mine cart are hard for me but I do everything else well....

I think I have a personal best of 34 jumps for jump rope.... run the marathon tho...its like straight running for 10 minutes and it counts your steps!

I like the teeter totter one (cant  think of the name now...) I sit on my stability ball and got up to 12.

Written By: 2kidsami on 02/08/09 at 10:30 am

yeah the kayak and the timing the jumps on mine cart are hard for me but I do everything else well....

I think I have a personal best of 34 jumps for jump rope.... run the marathon tho...its like straight running for 10 minutes and it counts your steps!

I like the teeter totter one (cant  think of the name now...) I sit on my stability ball and got up to 12.

the girls just did the teeter totter one as a team challenge. I finally got 14 on the jump rope - need to work on it :P

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/10/09 at 1:40 pm

We finally got Mario Kart last night.  Man do I suck at it.  For the first two races, I was holding the wheel upside down!  It got a little bit better after that...but not much.  I seem to do a lot better on the motorcycles than the cars though.

Written By: Tam on 02/10/09 at 1:41 pm

We finally got Mario Kart last night.  Man do I suck at it.  For the first two races, I was holding the wheel upside down!  It got a little bit better after that...but not much.  I seem to do a lot better on the motorcycles than the cars though.

;D
I don't use the wheel when I play MK.
I bought the controller that looks like the older ones, hook it into the dongle and away I go!
Seriously, I can't steer the wheel for the life of me! ;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/10/09 at 1:45 pm

;D
I don't use the wheel when I play MK.
I bought the controller that looks like the older ones, hook it into the dongle and away I go!
Seriously, I can't steer the wheel for the life of me! ;D

DONGLE?  ;D ??? :-\\ ;D

Written By: Tam on 02/10/09 at 1:53 pm

DONGLE?  ;D ??? :-\\ ;D

:P

The thing you put in the wheel silly.

The dongle and the nunchuk!

Written By: Midas on 02/10/09 at 2:02 pm

The thing you put in the wheel silly.

The dongle and the nunchuk!

Dongle?

I thought it was called a Wiimote ???

Edited to add: Ohhh, since GIYF I looked it up and most look like a flash drive.

Written By: karen on 02/10/09 at 2:42 pm

Dongle?

Edited to add: Ohhh, since GIYF I looked it up and most look like a flash drive.

That's what I think of as a dongle.  So what is Tam talking about?  The wiimote?  :-\\

Written By: Tam on 02/10/09 at 2:46 pm

That's what I think of as a dongle.  So what is Tam talking about?  The wiimote?  :-\\

Yes - the wiimote.

But it's real name is a Dongle. ;)

ETA: In the wii box with instructions, it is called the dongle and the analog stick is called a nunchuk.
It appears that they have since changed the name to wii remote - so now I feel like an idiot.
:D

Written By: snozberries on 02/10/09 at 3:16 pm

Dongle?

I'm with Midas... Wiimote.... Dongle sounds too much like a euphemism for poop  ;D  or a phallus

Written By: snozberries on 02/10/09 at 3:17 pm

Yes - the wiimote.

ETA: In the wii box with instructions, it is called the dongle and the analog stick is called a nunchuk.
It appears that they have since changed the name to wii remote - so now I feel like an idiot.

who the heck reads the instruction book? I just plug it in and  start playing...  ;D

Written By: karen on 02/10/09 at 3:19 pm

Yes - the wiimote.

I call it a wiimote and a nunchuck, just because I think the name nunchuck is hilarious!

Written By: Tam on 02/10/09 at 3:22 pm

who the heck reads the instruction book? I just plug it in and  start playing...  ;D

You will learn friend that I am a vast book of useless knowledge..... ;)

Remember: I started reading the dictionary in college for something to do.... :P :D

Written By: snozberries on 02/10/09 at 3:25 pm

You will learn friend that I am a vast book of useless knowledge..... ;)

Remember: I started reading the dictionary in college for something to do.... :P :D

ah- I was too busy watching the TV!  ;)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/11/09 at 10:18 am

I call it a wiimote and a nunchuck, just because I think the name nunchuck is hilarious!

I think dongle is hilarious!  I'm going to start calling it that.

By the way, I am getting better at MK.  I finished in 3rd place last night!

Written By: snozberries on 02/11/09 at 1:48 pm

I think dongle is hilarious!  I'm going to start calling it that.

By the way, I am getting better at MK.  I finished in 3rd place last night!

yay! 

Written By: Red Ant on 02/16/09 at 3:36 pm

Finally got a Wii Fit. Man, it is hard! Based on my craptastic balance skills, I'm 43 according to it... room to improve I suppose.

The Hula-Hoop was funny. Nicole did it and couldn't get the extra hoops - her Mii kept getting smacked in the head! I got up there and bam! all five hoops going. I felt like a champ until I got off, and boy did my ankles hurt!

I managed to unlock expert/advanced on the tightrope walk and complete that (I guess my balance improves when my life is literally on the line).

The ski slope showed I've never been on a set of skis, lol. I think I only went though two gates the first time down.

My first attempt on the long jump resulted in a Mii snowball wadded up at the bottom of the hill. I so failed.

signature banned as well

Written By: 2kidsami on 02/16/09 at 4:58 pm

Finally got a Wii Fit. Man, it is hard! Based on my craptastic balance skills, I'm 43 according to it... room to improve I suppose.

The Hula-Hoop was funny. Nicole did it and couldn't get the extra hoops - her Mii kept getting smacked in the head! I got up there and bam! all five hoops going. I felt like a champ until I got off, and boy did my ankles hurt!

I managed to unlock expert/advanced on the tightrope walk and complete that (I guess my balance improves when my life is literally on the line).

The ski slope showed I've never been on a set of skis, lol. I think I only went though two gates the first time down.

My first attempt on the long jump resulted in a Mii snowball wadded up at the bottom of the hill. I so failed.

signature banned as wellI love the Wii fit - I still end up in a snowball sometimes. 

Written By: snozberries on 02/18/09 at 6:24 pm

I've been cheating on Wii Fit with My Fitness Coach  :-[

Written By: Red Ant on 02/18/09 at 6:27 pm

I've been cheating on Wii Fit with My Fitness Coach  :-signature banned as well

Written By: snozberries on 02/18/09 at 6:29 pm

Mine tried to show me push-ups. That women has a nice backside, lol.

45 minutes today on the Wii Fit. Unlocked a few advanced sections. Got 308 on Hula-Hoop and 450 on the soccer head butt game. I still suck at skiing, but at least it's more spectacular when I fail on the advanced levels!

signature banned as well

LOL that's funny... that's not how I meant it but it totally fits...my Wii Fit trainer is the guy...he has a nice arse too....

no I mean I have been cheating on my Wii Fit *Game*  with the game called "My Fitness Coach"

karma for the laugh tho!

Written By: Red Ant on 02/18/09 at 6:53 pm

LOL that's funny... that's not how I meant it but it totally fits...my Wii Fit trainer is the guy...he has a nice arse too....

no I mean I have been cheating on my Wii Fit *Game*  with the game called "My Fitness Coach"

karma for the laugh tho!

Oh! Heh heh. Karma right back atcha.

Fitness Coach is a game for the Wii Fit? What all does it include?

Are there any other games made for the Wii Fit?

I forgot earlier that I tried the Wii run. I got impatient, so I sprinted past the leader right at the end... and fell face first into the ground!

signature banned as well

Written By: karen on 02/18/09 at 7:11 pm

You two are making me feel guilty.  I really need to get back on the wii fit again

Written By: snozberries on 02/18/09 at 8:56 pm

Oh! Heh heh. Karma right back atcha.

Fitness Coach is a game for the Wii Fit? What all does it include?

Are there any other games made for the Wii Fit?

I forgot earlier that I tried the Wii run. I got impatient, so I sprinted past the leader right at the end... and fell face first into the ground!

signature banned as well

My Fitness Coach is game for Wii- it's not compatible with the fit. Its really just a workout program.  You create your profile- and tell it all your stats - then it designs a work out program based on your goals....like my goal is weight loss.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51v6ywcPmHL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

The Jillian Michaels work out  works with the balance board. I hope Erin will buy it and tell me how it is when she gets a Wii.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51c-kIg9izL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

The new game comes out Mar. 31. its called Cardio Workout and it works with the balance board.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51GSXRTQ3ML._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Oh looky.... Wii Ski works with the balance board too!
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/514JcczyzrL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Written By: Midas on 02/20/09 at 8:35 am

I see why Tam raves about Wario Shake-It!  :D :D  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 02/20/09 at 1:15 pm

HILARIOUS!!!

Written By: Tam on 02/20/09 at 1:30 pm

OMFG!!!!!
That rules!!!
;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: snozberries on 02/20/09 at 1:37 pm

along the same vein (pun not intended- honest)  ;D   Wii Tennis

Written By: Red Ant on 02/20/09 at 3:25 pm

LMAO!

Q, I'll check out your link in a minute.

signature banned as well

Written By: Red Ant on 02/27/09 at 10:28 pm

You two are making me feel guilty.  I really need to get back on the wii fit again

I've been on it two weeks now. I've unlocked 6 minute Hula. That exercise makes me sweat. Nicole says there is a 10 minute one - joy! I can't wait.

I'm losing weight slowly, but I think that has to do more with cutting out beer and regular soda from my diet than the exercise on the Wii... but my fitness age has dropped to 30, so it's working.

The only thing that stinks is that I don't have space room in the living to do some of the exercizes, like the push ups.

On an aside, my 2nd time through RE4 has not been death free. The cut-scene fight with Krauser is harder than actually killing him.

signature banned as well

Written By: snozberries on 02/27/09 at 10:29 pm

I've been on it two weeks now. I've unlocked 6 minute Hula. That exercise makes me sweat. Nicole says there is a 10 minute one - joy! I can't wait.

I'm losing weight slowly, but I think that has to do more with cutting out beer and regular soda from my diet than the exercise on the Wii... but my fitness age has dropped to 30, so it's working.

The only thing that stinks is that I don't have space room in the living to do some of the exercizes, like the push ups.

On an aside, my 2nd time through RE4 has not been death free. The cut-scene fight with Krauser is harder than actually killing him.

signature banned as well

second time thu? I'm still working on my first time thru!

Written By: Red Ant on 02/27/09 at 10:32 pm

second time thu? I'm still working on my first time thru!

First time through took me almost 20 hours of play, not including looking up some tips on how to beat a few of the bosses. What level are you on?

signature banned as well

Written By: snozberries on 02/27/09 at 10:34 pm

First time through took me almost 20 hours of play, not including looking up some tips on how to beat a few of the bosses. What level are you on?

signature banned as well

two  ;D 

Written By: Red Ant on 02/27/09 at 10:36 pm

two  ;D 

tis all good. Some of the more exciting (as opposed to just difficult) fights are earlier on in the game.

signature banned as well

Written By: snozberries on 02/27/09 at 10:58 pm

tis all good. Some of the more exciting (as opposed to just difficult) fights are earlier on in the game.

signature banned as well

Yeah... I have to go back and play it I forgot because I got side tracked with other stuff..

Written By: snozberries on 02/27/09 at 10:59 pm

If I won the lotto I would totally take a year off...just to watch movies and devote hours to all the games I own..... and post here of course!  :)

Written By: Midas on 04/30/09 at 1:15 pm

If I won the lotto I would totally take a year off...just to watch movies and devote hours to all the games I own..... and post here of course!  :)

;D

I'm terrible.  I haven't worked out on Wii Fit in weeks.  Last night my fiancé came home from Costco with GH: Metallica.  I played a few tunes before calling it a night.

I probably play Mario Kart the most when I'm playing.  I need to go buy a 2nd Steering Wiil for 2-player.

Written By: Tam on 04/30/09 at 1:20 pm

;D

I'm terrible.  I haven't worked out on Wii Fit in weeks.  Last night my fiancé came home from Costco with GH: Metallica.  I played a few tunes before calling it a night.

I probably play Mario Kart the most when I'm playing.  I need to go buy a 2nd Steering Wiil for 2-player.

I haven't been on my wii fit for a while either. I suppose I should get back into it. The last time I actually turned the wii on was April 1st, and went to fit just to get their joke.

When I do play my wii though, I find I am more into the retro strategy games still. I play Mario Kart, Wario Shake It, Super Paper Mario etc.

I am though still contemplating buying the new marble game, that allows you use of the fit board. Apparently it is similar to super monkey ball, but you have to use the balance board and your own strength to get the marble where it needs to go.

I am also looking at Gold's Gym Cardio Workout. Not too sure about that one though. I might be too far gone to try and start with it! ;D ;D

Written By: wildcard on 04/30/09 at 4:21 pm

I forgot the last time I did anything on the wii.  We have a Megaman game and I haven't beat any of the bosses yet.

Written By: Midas on 08/11/09 at 11:07 am

Picked up Wii Sports Resort over the weekend.  'tis fun.  Faves are basketball, archery and wakeboarding.  I have a hard time throwing a frisbee straight :P ;D

Written By: Tam on 08/11/09 at 1:51 pm

^ I want to try it out Midas! Sounds like it is brilliant!

So, I was playing Mario Kart the other night and went looking for friends online, and of course I couldn't find anyone because I need your friend number from the online part of the game itself. It is the 12 digit number that I need. Not the wii console number. Anyone else wants to meet up and race each other, let me know! I will send y'all mine! 8)

Written By: whistledog on 08/11/09 at 9:53 pm

Everytime I go to Best Buy, I play 'Punch Out'. 

I pwned some kid the last time I was there.  Apparently he had just been playing the game before I got there, and when he saw me beat King Hippo in the first round, he asked me how I did that.  I looked at him and said "I'm old school, punk"

These young ones today and their new fangled games.  I was playing Punch Out long before these kids were even an itch in their daddy's pants LOL

Written By: snozberries on 08/12/09 at 1:09 am

So, I was playing Mario Kart the other night and went looking for friends online, and of course I couldn't find anyone because I need your friend number from the online part of the game itself. It is the 12 digit number that I need. Not the wii console number. Anyone else wants to meet up and race each other, let me know! I will send y'all mine! 8)

yet another thing I didn't know we could do.... tell ya what... let me finish my class- second week of Sept... and then practice a bit cuz my driving sux....then I'll meet ya online.

Written By: snozberries on 08/12/09 at 1:11 am

Everytime I go to Best Buy, I play 'Punch Out'. 

I pwned some kid the last time I was there.  Apparently he had just been playing the game before I got there, and when he saw me beat King Hippo in the first round, he asked me how I did that.  I looked at him and said "I'm old school, punk"

These young ones today and their new fangled games.  I was playing Punch Out long before these kids were even an itch in their daddy's pants LOL

is this a new punch out or the original one? I downloaded the original one to my wii at the beginning of the year and I played it so much I forgot to do other wii games  ;D

I also downloaded Solomon's Key (original Nes)

Written By: whistledog on 08/12/09 at 9:25 am

is this a new punch out or the original one? I downloaded the original one to my wii at the beginning of the year and I played it so much I forgot to do other wii games  ;D

I also downloaded Solomon's Key (original Nes)

The new one released for the Wii that came out a few mos. ago.  It has most of the same tricks and ways to defeat the original guys in the Mike Tyson NES version

Written By: Tam on 08/12/09 at 11:35 am

yet another thing I didn't know we could do.... tell ya what... let me finish my class- second week of Sept... and then practice a bit cuz my driving sux....then I'll meet ya online.

Sounds liek a plan to me!

Now if others would jump on!!! 8)

Written By: snozberries on 08/12/09 at 4:28 pm

The new one released for the Wii that came out a few mos. ago.  It has most of the same tricks and ways to defeat the original guys in the Mike Tyson NES version

is mike Tyson still in it?  He stomps my ass in the original

Written By: whistledog on 08/12/09 at 5:50 pm

is mike Tyson still in it?  He stomps my ass in the original

Tyson isn't in it no.  I dunno who the last boxer is.  I never make it that far (yet) lol

Tyson is easy to beat in the original.  You can TKO his ass in Round 1 (or if you are lucky, a KO)

Written By: snozberries on 08/14/09 at 6:41 pm

Tyson isn't in it no.  I dunno who the last boxer is.  I never make it that far (yet) lol

Tyson is easy to beat in the original.  You can TKO his ass in Round 1 (or if you are lucky, a KO)

apparently that was the only punch out secret I failed to learn.  I'm having fun relearning them tho....

Written By: whistledog on 08/14/09 at 11:02 pm

apparently that was the only punch out secret I failed to learn.  I'm having fun relearning them tho....

Old school Tyson's Punch Out, every character can be KO'd or TKO'd in Round 1.  I can do it for everyone except Sandman and Tyson, though both are possible to do.

The best is KO'ing the 1st Don Flamenco in 15 seconds or knocking down the first Bald Bull in the first 15 seconds of Round 1 8)

Written By: snozberries on 08/14/09 at 11:12 pm

Old school Tyson's Punch Out, every character can be KO'd or TKO'd in Round 1.  I can do it for everyone except Sandman and Tyson, though both are possible to do.

The best is KO'ing the 1st Don Flamenco in 15 seconds or knocking down the first Bald Bull in the first 15 seconds of Round 1 8)

I don't know if I can take out bald bull in 15 seconds but I can take him out  ;D 
I just googled punch out and found this....

http://hg101.classicgaming.gamespy.com/punchout/punchout.htm

there are boxers on this line up I've never heard of let alone had the chance to fight... time to bone up on my skills!

Written By: whistledog on 08/15/09 at 1:38 am

I don't know if I can take out bald bull in 15 seconds but I can take him out  ;D 
I just googled punch out and found this....

http://hg101.classicgaming.gamespy.com/punchout/punchout.htm

there are boxers on this line up I've never heard of let alone had the chance to fight... time to bone up on my skills!

All the ones after Mr. Dream were for the original 1984 Arcade 'Punch-Out' and the Super NES 'Super Punch-Out'.  In the Arcade version, Soda Popinski was known as Vodka Drunkinski.  They had to G rate it up for the home version LOL

Written By: snozberries on 08/15/09 at 11:52 am

All the ones after Mr. Dream were for the original 1984 Arcade 'Punch-Out' and the Super NES 'Super Punch-Out'.  In the Arcade version, Soda Popinski was known as Vodka Drunkinski.  They had to G rate it up for the home version LOL

;D 

thanks for the info... I never played the game in the arcade.

Written By: Red Ant on 08/16/09 at 4:13 pm

How much is Tiger Woods 10 selling for with the adapter for the controller?

Also, does anyone have the latest Call of Duty? If so, is it worth buying?

Ant

Written By: snozberries on 08/16/09 at 9:49 pm

How much is Tiger Woods 10 selling for with the adapter for the controller?

Also, does anyone have the latest Call of Duty? If so, is it worth buying?

Ant

I've never played call of Duty

Tiger woods 10 is out of stock at amazon but listed for $58
they have some in the market place listed at 78.  sounds like its the new wii fit....  hard to get much wanted item.

Written By: Red Ant on 08/25/09 at 12:18 am

I've never played call of Duty

Tiger woods 10 is out of stock at amazon but listed for $58
they have some in the market place listed at 78.   sounds like its the new wii fit....  hard to get much wanted item.

I found TW10 with the adapter piece included. Not bad so far, though I need to put the Wii back in the living room to really play it - even with the bedroom cleaned and reorganized, I don't have enough space to swing.

Ant

Written By: Midas on 09/08/09 at 1:29 pm

I disconnected my Wii from the 'net months ago as it was interfering with our computer internet.  However, we're getting an upgrade from our ISP next month which should allow for us to accomodate having the Wii set up for online.  If that happens I'll get you the info. :D

I saw an ad online for GH 5 and an unreleased GH Van Halen that I'm interested in.  8)

Written By: snozberries on 09/08/09 at 6:28 pm

I disconnected my Wii from the 'net months ago as it was interfering with our computer internet.  However, we're getting an upgrade from our ISP next month which should allow for us to accomodate having the Wii set up for online.  If that happens I'll get you the info. :D

I saw an ad online for GH 5 and an unreleased GH Van Halen that I'm interested in.  8)

I went to the site for GH and realized I knew practically none of the songs being offered.... when are they coming out with GH Journey  ;D

anyway- I got GH for PS3 for 29.97 and found out I super suck at it....

at any rate... I got Wii Resort and I LOVE IT!!!!

Written By: Tam on 09/08/09 at 6:38 pm

The neighbor got GH5 and The Son played it with him the other night. Apparently is ia pretty good. And the neighbor has also sent away for the Van Halen as well!!!

Written By: karen on 09/08/09 at 9:30 pm

at any rate... I got Wii Resort and I LOVE IT!!!!

Did you get the 'enhanced' doodad for your controller?

James was begging me to buy Wii Resort for him.

Written By: snozberries on 09/09/09 at 12:04 pm

Did you get the 'enhanced' doodad for your controller?

James was begging me to buy Wii Resort for him.

yeah It came with one- I think you can get a second one for 17.99.  

I bought mine at Best Buy it was 49.99 but Costco which is across the parking lot sells it for 43.99 so I got Best buy to knock down the price for me!

That motion sensor dodad really changes the way I bowl (and golf) its far more acurate than Wii Sports so James might be frustrated at first if he's developed some bad habits... the motion sensor is not so forgiving  ;)   Apparently I overcorrect when bowling LOL

anyway- the best games on resort is the sword fighting game- bowling, frisbee golf and flying a plane... oh and 3 point Basket ball... There's one on one basket ball but I haven't gotten the hang of it yet.

Other games are Frisbee toss (to a dog)
Cycling
Canoeing
Wake Boarding
Jet skiing (haven't played yet)
sky diving
ping pong (oh I should have added ping pong to my favorites)
regular golf
and maybe something else... its good variety for 50 bucks!

edited to add... archery- I forgot to mention the archery game which is pretty cool too!

Written By: Midas on 09/09/09 at 2:04 pm

yeah It came with one- I think you can get a second one for 17.99.  

I bought mine at Best Buy it was 49.99 but Costco which is across the parking lot sells it for 43.99 so I got Best buy to knock down the price for me!

That motion sensor dodad really changes the way I bowl (and golf) its far more acurate than Wii Sports so James might be frustrated at first if he's developed some bad habits... the motion sensor is not so forgiving  ;)   Apparently I overcorrect when bowling LOL

anyway- the best games on resort is the sword fighting game- bowling, frisbee golf and flying a plane... oh and 3 point Basket ball... There's one on one basket ball but I haven't gotten the hang of it yet.

Other games are Frisbee toss (to a dog)
Cycling
Canoeing
Wake Boarding
Jet skiing (haven't played yet)
sky diving
ping pong (oh I should have added ping pong to my favorites)
regular golf
and maybe something else... its good variety for 50 bucks!

edited to add... archery- I forgot to mention the archery game which is pretty cool too!

I haven't done the golf, bowling or ping-pong yet.

I like the jet skiing (or maybe it's wake boarding) but the comments from the announcer annoy Sara (every trick you do is something like, "Right on!") ;D
I like the archery, frisbee golf and hoops.  I also enjoy having my Mii go through the air real fast headfirst in sky diving :D

I think I paid $43.74 for the game at Costco. 8)

Written By: whistledog on 09/09/09 at 8:56 pm

If they ever had British Guitar Hero or British Rock Band, I'd totally get it.

I don't like all the mainstream crap that is on GH and RB.  Not just because I don't know most of the songs, but because there are better songs they could have chose.  Where's Ash, Blur, Glasvegas, or Manic Street Preachers?  I want some good current rock bands like those!

Written By: Midas on 09/10/09 at 9:28 am

If they ever had British Guitar Hero or British Rock Band, I'd totally get it.

I don't like all the mainstream crap that is on GH and RB.  Not just because I don't know most of the songs, but because there are better songs they could have chose.  Where's Ash, Blur, Glasvegas, or Manic Street Preachers?  I want some good current rock bands like those!

My guess is the marketing peeps gear GH & RB towards the mainstream because it sells games. :D

Written By: karen on 10/07/09 at 7:54 pm

snoz

Ages ago in this thread you talked about resetting your Wii Fit.  How did you do that?  I'd like to reset myself on ours because I haven't used it for months.  :-[

Written By: Tam on 10/07/09 at 7:58 pm

snoz

Ages ago in this thread you talked about resetting your Wii Fit.  How did you do that?  I'd like to reset myself on ours because I haven't used it for months.  :-[

Karen... the way I did it was I went into the game, went to the saved characters and then deleted myself. Restarted the game and added myself, thus all my weights were gone and my achievements were gone.

Unless there is another way to do it, this is the only one I know. ;)

Written By: karen on 10/07/09 at 9:03 pm

Hmm.  Might have to check how many games I'm champion of before I do something that drastic!

Written By: Tam on 10/07/09 at 9:09 pm

Hmm.  Might have to check how many games I'm champion of before I do something that drastic!

No doubt.
I had to do it because I went from a flat floor to a plush carpet and forgot to put the extra feet on the wii board. It said I went from my regular weight down to 75lbs! :o ;D ;D

Written By: karen on 10/07/09 at 9:18 pm

Given how long ago I set my target weight loss at half a pound a week, the Wii is probably expecting me to weigh about that now!

Written By: snozberries on 10/08/09 at 12:55 am

If my wii fit said I weighed 75 lbs I'd bend over and kiss it!!!

Karen I did as tam did- deleted my profile. And I regretted it I had to do everything over.

Anyone see the add for the new wii fit plus? New wii fit games? I'm in!!!

Written By: karen on 10/08/09 at 1:48 pm

I don't think I'll reset it then.  Just put up with being told off for being away so long and gaining weight!

Anyone see the add for the new wii fit plus? New wii fit games? I'm in!!!

They look fun but I think I need to demonstrate that I'll actually use the thing before I get any new games

Written By: snozberries on 10/08/09 at 2:20 pm

I don't think I'll reset it then.  Just put up with being told off for being away so long and gaining weight!

They look fun but I think I need to demonstrate that I'll actually use the thing before I get any new games

I think new games will get me back in the habit.

Written By: snozberries on 10/08/09 at 2:24 pm

I think new games will get me back in the habit.

I just looked it up on amazon its under $20. I think I'll buy it next month.

Written By: Tam on 10/08/09 at 2:26 pm

I just looked it up on amazon its under $20. I think I'll buy it next month.

I was thinking the same thing.
There isn't really a need for the new board. I think the only difference is that the new board shows your heart rate doesn't it?
Or do I have that wrong?

Written By: snozberries on 10/08/09 at 2:30 pm

I was thinking the same thing.
There isn't really a need for the new board. I think the only difference is that the new board shows your heart rate doesn't it?
Or do I have that wrong?

I think so... not sure about the new board. I know I'm not buying a new board. my mom said some thing about wanting to buy a wii and wii fit if she does that I'll give her my old board adn take the new one  cuz she won't know the difference.... honestly I don't really think she's buying one.

Written By: karen on 10/11/09 at 9:01 am

The Wii Fit balance board might be used in airports to detect levels of weight shifting that might suggest nervous tension.  They are still researching what level is 'nervous passenger' and what level is 'potential terrorist'

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged-in/fit-to-fly-balance-board-tapped-to-detect-shifty-characters-at-airports/1361483

Written By: snozberries on 10/11/09 at 10:22 am

The Wii Fit balance board might be used in airports to detect levels of weight shifting that might suggest nervous tension.  They are still researching what level is 'nervous passenger' and what level is 'potential terrorist'

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged-in/fit-to-fly-balance-board-tapped-to-detect-shifty-characters-at-airports/1361483

Interesting....time to practice balancing so they don't notice my nervous tension!  ;D

Written By: karen on 10/11/09 at 4:18 pm

Interesting....time to practice balancing so they don't notice my nervous tension!  ;D

So where are you flying to?

Written By: snozberries on 10/11/09 at 4:58 pm

So where are you flying to?

nowhere actually just trying to be funny.

Written By: karen on 10/11/09 at 7:28 pm

Damn and I thought you were planning a visit

Written By: snozberries on 10/11/09 at 9:43 pm

Damn and I thought you were planning a visit

sorry between my fear of flying and my adamance about not taking off my shoes in public I fear I may never fly again...well I don't really fear not flying since my fear is flying! but you probably get the point.  ;D

Written By: Midas on 10/13/09 at 9:22 am

I think so... not sure about the new board. I know I'm not buying a new board. my mom said some thing about wanting to buy a wii and wii fit if she does that I'll give her my old board adn take the new one  cuz she won't know the difference.... honestly I don't really think she's buying one.

If she is, she should buy sometime between now and the end of the year.  A couple of weeks back I saw an add for the Wii for $199 USD; $50 less than what I paid last year.

Written By: Tam on 10/13/09 at 9:46 am

If she is, she should buy sometime between now and the end of the year.  A couple of weeks back I saw an add for the Wii for $199 USD; $50 less than what I paid last year.

That's the new price Patrick!
Nintendo lowered their price because of Sony and Microsoft lowering the PS3 and XboX respectively.
Even used wii's are now down to around $169 where they used to be $199.

And if you already have a wii fit board, you don't need to buy the new system. It is compatible with wii fit plus! The game itself is a mere $20. The neighbor's bought Plus yesterday and it looks so good, I think I am going to get it this week sometime!

Written By: Tam on 10/13/09 at 11:11 am

I just borrowed fit plus from the neighbor so I am going to give it a try and let y'all know!!! 8)

Written By: Tam on 10/13/09 at 12:15 pm

Wii fit plus unlocks all of the training techniques from the original fit.
It also gives new techniques. Around three for each section.
It shows how many calories you are burning as opposed to just getting coins in your piggy bank. (You still get those tho.)

It has great new games as well.

Kung Fu
Skate boarding
Snowball fights
Golf
Marching band

just to name a few. There are 15 new board games all toll.

Yep, I am definitely buying fit plus! 8)

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/09 at 1:41 pm

Wii fit plus unlocks all of the training techniques from the original fit.
It also gives new techniques. Around three for each section.
It shows how many calories you are burning as opposed to just getting coins in your piggy bank. (You still get those tho.)

It has great new games as well.

Kung Fu
Skate boarding
Snowball fights
Golf
Marching band

just to name a few. There are 15 new board games all toll.

Yep, I am definitely buying fit plus! 8)

15 new games for 20 bucks? Awesome deal!!!

Written By: Midas on 10/13/09 at 4:51 pm

I'mma hafta get Fit Plus.  Maybe it'll entice me to use the game more. :D

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/09 at 6:46 pm

I got one of those $5 off coupons cuz of my Best Buy Rewards activity so I just walked out the door with it for $16.30  8)

Written By: Tam on 10/13/09 at 7:09 pm

I got one of those $5 off coupons cuz of my Best Buy Rewards activity so I just walked out the door with it for $16.30  8)

Way to go!!!

I am going to get mine tomorrow or Thursday...

I'mma hafta get Fit Plus.  Maybe it'll entice me to use the game more. :D

Go get it now P!!!!! :o ;D

Written By: Midas on 10/16/09 at 3:53 pm

Way to go!!!

I am going to get mine tomorrow or Thursday...

Go get it now P!!!!! :o ;D

You say that like I need it :P

Actually, with all the wedding shtuff going on right before Christmas, and the fact that Sara and I are probably going to spend a lot less on each other for the holiday, since she said she wanted new slippers, I told her I wanted the Wii Fit Plus game and told her the price.

This means she'll probably buy it for me before Christmas :D

Written By: Tam on 10/16/09 at 4:28 pm

Just got in.

Went out to buy Wii Fit Plus and came back with it and Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games!
The wii fit board can be used with it! I am super excited! I have the summer games one so this one should be just as fun! 8)

Written By: snozberries on 10/16/09 at 10:04 pm

Just got in.

Went out to buy Wii Fit Plus and came back with it and Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games!
The wii fit board can be used with it! I am super excited! I have the summer games one so this one should be just as fun! 8)

Awesome. I think I'm gonna join game fly for a month and try out some of these wii fit games before buying them. i'm too scared to drop 50 bucks on a game I've never played.

I really want Wii Sports 2 tho. I saw it at Best Buy for 30 bucks.

Written By: Tam on 10/16/09 at 10:10 pm

Awesome. I think I'm gonna join game fly for a month and try out some of these wii fit games before buying them. i'm too scared to drop 50 bucks on a game I've never played.

I really want Wii Sports 2 tho. I saw it at Best Buy for 30 bucks.

I saw it today but it didn't really catch my fancy!
I just finished playing the Olympic Games. OMG!!! Talk about hard!
Th eone that was hardest was the figure skating!! I sucked! Hahaha!

I do currently have 3 games on reserve for when they come out...

Super Mario Wii - next month
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Jan 2010
Lego Harry Potter 1-5  - Jan 2010

Written By: snozberries on 10/16/09 at 10:16 pm

I saw it today but it didn't really catch my fancy!
I just finished playing the Olympic Games. OMG!!! Talk about hard!
Th eone that was hardest was the figure skating!! I sucked! Hahaha!

I do currently have 3 games on reserve for when they come out...

Super Mario Wii - next month
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Jan 2010
Lego Harry Potter 1-5  - Jan 2010

they sound good. I'm especially excited about the HP. I haven't played any of the lego games yet.

Written By: Tam on 10/16/09 at 10:23 pm

they sound good. I'm especially excited about the HP. I haven't played any of the lego games yet.

Lego games rock!
I have:

Batman - rules!!!
Indiana Jones - Fabulous!!!
Star Wars The Complete Saga - The most brilliant Star Wars games I have ever played!!!

Written By: snozberries on 10/16/09 at 11:01 pm

Lego games rock!
I have:

Batman - rules!!!
Indiana Jones - Fabulous!!!
Star Wars The Complete Saga - The most brilliant Star Wars games I have ever played!!!

see that's why I'm going to do game fly so I can play them all. I hate blockbusters rental prices.

Written By: karen on 10/19/09 at 10:30 pm

How not to play wii sport

Written By: snozberries on 10/19/09 at 10:43 pm

flipping hilarious!  ;D

Written By: Red Ant on 10/20/09 at 1:59 am

Now he gets to Wiiplace the TV!

Ant

Written By: snozberries on 10/20/09 at 2:54 am

Now he gets to Wiiplace the TV!

Ant

I wish I'd said typed that! 

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: karen on 01/12/10 at 6:51 pm

So the kids got guitar hero at Christmas.  And they've read about hooking the thing up to the internet. 

Is this easy to do?

And do we need to find someone with the same version of Guitar Hero or what?

Written By: snozberries on 01/12/10 at 7:12 pm

So the kids got guitar hero at Christmas.  And they've read about hooking the thing up to the internet.  

Is this easy to do?

And do we need to find someone with the same version of Guitar Hero or what?

It should be pretty easy especially if you have already connected to the net via the Built in Wi Fi on the Wii (or have it hooked up to your modem)

oh but don't do what I did I purchased a bunch of songs but didn't download them all right away so now I have to figure out how to find them...

Written By: karen on 01/12/10 at 7:27 pm

It should be pretty easy especially if you have already connected to the net via the Built in Wi Fi on the Wii (or have it hooked up to your modem)

oh but don't do what I did I purchased a bunch of songs but didn't download them all right away so now I have to figure out how to find them...

I haven't connected the wii to the internet before.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/12/10 at 8:11 pm

You can download NES games and content for Wii games.

Written By: snozberries on 01/12/10 at 8:13 pm

ah... do you have a wireless router to go wi fi? or an extra computer serial port thingy?  I think wireless is easier but maybe that's just me...

You go to menu> system settings (or something similar) find the Internet connection portion and just follow the onscreen instructions.

I have actually played any games online (ie actually playing another party online - I don't know if that's possible) I just use my online access to send my mii's to friends and once to access the internet but posting on Wii is difficult and frustrating I don't know how bobo does it so often. 
(unless he got the keyboard)  

Written By: karen on 01/12/10 at 8:30 pm

Somewhere (US or UK I forget!) they advertised playing Mario Karts with other people, like across the world.  So our kids think playing a duet on GH would be "awesome"

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/12/10 at 8:34 pm

Somewhere (US or UK I forget!) they advertised playing Mario Karts with other people, like across the world.  So our kids think playing a duet on GH would be "awesome"

Amen! I play my bro at Guitar Hero and I used to lose, but he's been busy in college and lost his mojo at it.

Written By: karen on 01/12/10 at 8:36 pm

So I think we have wireless internet access at home.

Now I need to trawl through the Wii manual to see how to do it.  I bet it needs some password I don't have access to.

Written By: snozberries on 01/12/10 at 10:31 pm

So I think we have wireless internet access at home.

Now I need to trawl through the Wii manual to see how to do it.  I bet it needs some password I don't have access to.

If your wi fi is set up so you need a password that will be the only password you need...if you don't have a secured wi fi then no password needed!

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/13/10 at 5:39 pm

If your wi fi is set up so you need a password that will be the only password you need...if you don't have a secured wi fi then no password needed!

Indeed! I don't have a Wii, but I'd assume that's correct since the almighty Snozberries said it.

Written By: snozberries on 01/13/10 at 5:54 pm

Indeed! I don't have a Wii, but I'd assume that's correct since the almighty Snozberries said it.

thanks for recognizing my power but the only reason I know this is because I've already done it at home  ;D

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/13/10 at 5:57 pm

thanks for recognizing my power but the only reason I know this is because I've already done it at home  ;D

Aha!

Written By: whistledog on 04/17/10 at 8:57 pm

I am finally going to cave in and get a Wii.  I am still not impressed with the wide variety of games that seem mostly aimed towards kids, but there seem to be quite a few games that look pretty good.  The clencher for me was the other day when in EB Games and saw 1 reason that basically had me sold ...

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/202/457699162_9e87a5e891.jpg

If I could count all the quarters I spent on the Arcade original back in the day, I'd be a millionaire.  Plus, If I got a Wii, I wouldn't have to use BestBuy as an arcade anymore, though I probably still would. 

Whenever you go into BestBuy, you stop and play the display games, admit it lol

Written By: Midas on 04/20/10 at 5:27 pm

Whenever you go into BestBuy, you stop and play the display games, admit it lol

I at least watch others play if I don't play.  :D

Written By: whistledog on 04/20/10 at 6:41 pm

I at least watch others play if I don't play.  :D

Sometimes, I go there just to pwn the people that are usually there.  When Wii Punch-Out first came out, I went there and some kid was not having success trying to beat King Hippo.  When he gave up, I grabbed the controls and beat Hippo in the 1st Round, first try.  Then I looked at the kid and said "I'm old school, punk!"

I was playing Punch-Out when these kids were just an itch in their daddy's pants ;D

Written By: Midas on 10/26/10 at 12:22 am

WANT.

Written By: snozberries on 10/26/10 at 3:53 am

WANT.

GET!

Written By: Midas on 10/26/10 at 11:08 pm

GET!

WILL!   (when I get paid and can find it :D)

Written By: snozberries on 10/27/10 at 3:13 pm

WANT.

GET!

WILL!  (when I get paid and can find it :D)

http://www.library.leduc.ab.ca/images/smiley_face.gif

Written By: whistledog on 11/13/10 at 8:39 pm

Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2011 comes out soon.  I will get that.

I've been contemplating getting Kirby's Epic Yarn.  I played the display, and it's a real cute game.  I love how he turns into a car, and a giant rocket shooting tank.

Written By: snozberries on 11/13/10 at 10:49 pm

lemme know how the Jillian Michaels thing is...

Written By: Midas on 11/14/10 at 12:15 am

http://www.library.leduc.ab.ca/images/smiley_face.gif

You may smile and LOL all big like that and stuff but I GOT it that weekend.  :D   And it freakin' ROCKS.

Written By: snozberries on 11/14/10 at 1:12 pm

FANTASTIC!!!!

Written By: whistledog on 11/25/10 at 9:21 pm

lemme know how the Jillian Michaels thing is...

It is the best in the series.  It's got a cool story mode where you run around the city with Jillian.

With the Wii technology, I'm waiting for the Jillian Michaels after dark mode ... a workout with her in the bedroom LOL

Written By: whistledog on 11/25/10 at 9:26 pm

If you wanna play a crappy Wii game, that is so bad, it's almost addictive, try TARGET TERROR.

Remember LETHAL ENFORCERS in the arcade?  Almost similar in game play and graphics.  I had to double check to make sure it was a Wii I was playing and not Sega CD from the 90's

Written By: snozberries on 11/25/10 at 9:34 pm

I want the donkey kong game.

It is the best in the series.  It's got a cool story mode where you run around the city with Jillian.

With the Wii technology, I'm waiting for the Jillian Michaels after dark mode ... a workout with her in the bedroom LOL

;D

If you wanna play a crappy Wii game, that is so bad, it's almost addictive, try TARGET TERROR.

Remember LETHAL ENFORCERS in the arcade?  Almost similar in game play and graphics.  I had to double check to make sure it was a Wii I was playing and not Sega CD from the 90's

I'm not familiar with either game but I'll look into it.

Check for new replies or respond here...