inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Games you're looking forward to this year.

Written By: Step-chan on 01/23/09 at 2:25 pm

For me, it's Dragon Quest 5 for the DS. Also looking forward to buying Pokemon Pearl(which is already out, but I haven't been able to afford it yet).

What are some of your's?

Subject: Re: Games you're looking forward to this year.

Written By: Red Ant on 01/24/09 at 5:16 pm

I'm looking foward to some of the prices dropping on the games I'd like to get.  ;)

signature banned as well

Written By: Step-chan on 01/25/09 at 8:05 pm

I'm looking foward to some of the prices dropping on the games I'd like to get.  ;)

signature banned as well

I have to wait until after I do my taxes.

Written By: batfan2005 on 01/30/09 at 3:50 am

Street Fighter IV, Tekken 6, Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X., and God of War III

Written By: wildcard on 01/30/09 at 11:01 am

I'm looking forward to looking backward. Buy myself a laptop without a busted screen and download a bunch of games I use to play.   

Written By: Red Ant on 01/30/09 at 6:56 pm

I'm looking forward to looking backward. Buy myself a laptop without a busted screen and download a bunch of games I use to play.   

If your laptop screen is broke, you could get a 15" flatscreen and a cable from a store for ~$150 instead of paying the $400+ for a replacement. Only drawbacks are you have to carry twice as much stuff and the monitor won't run on the laptop's power.

signature banned as well

Written By: wildcard on 01/30/09 at 10:43 pm

If your laptop screen is broke, you could get a 15" flatscreen and a cable from a store for ~$150 instead of paying the $400+ for a replacement. Only drawbacks are you have to carry twice as much stuff and the monitor won't run on the laptop's power.

signature banned as well

I've been using a monitor and also a seperate mouse and keybord.  It's actually more of my mom's idea to get a new computer, but why buy a new computer if this one still runs?  Besides that with the govenator taxing everything now and my dad's work in trouble ( I might have to go on Medical and loose my doctors) Maybe I should hold on to all the money I can. 

Written By: DJ Blaze on 11/23/09 at 5:28 pm

I need Tekken 6, DDR X2, and Soul Calibur 4...

Written By: whistledog on 11/23/09 at 7:31 pm

http://static.gamecrazy.com/images/games/boxart/13978.jpg

I'm not much into the adventure games, as I don't like the whole first person perspective thing, but when I was a kid, Splatterhouse used to scare the fekkin shyt out of me and I loved it.  A new version with HD graphics is going to be so friggin awesome.  I can't wait!

Written By: Step-chan on 11/23/09 at 11:28 pm

They're remaking Splatterhouse? I've watched a couple of runs of it on Youtube.

I'm waiting for:

Dragon Quest 6 DS (There is screens and info out on it now)

Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver

Giana Sisters DS (If it doesn't get a US release, I'll import it when I can afford to)

Written By: DJ Blaze on 11/24/09 at 4:40 pm

I forgot Pokemon HG/SS. And Splatterhouse is insane.

Written By: Step-chan on 11/25/09 at 5:20 pm

Mainly what I've seen of Splatterhouse was Arcade and TG16 version, plus an NES/Famicom version called Wanpaku Graffiti.(I think that's what it's called)

Written By: whistledog on 11/26/09 at 10:13 pm

Mainly what I've seen of Splatterhouse was Arcade and TG16 version, plus an NES/Famicom version called Wanpaku Graffiti.(I think that's what it's called)

The Turbo Grafx-16 was the only home system in North America to release it from the Arcade.  They changed it up by giving Rick a purple mask, instead of the white one which he wore in the Arcade version. 

Sega Genesis would go on to make two sequels.  Splatterhouse 2 followed the same format as the original, but with Splatterhouse 3, Rick could now move up and down and at certain points, he would turn into a super human with muscles. 

The new Splatterhouse being the standard 3-D format as with most games of the now, is going to be quite different, and with today's graphics and effects, it will be more scary than it ever was.  Haunted houses and psychos with chainsaw hands?  That's mere child's play now ;D

Written By: Step-chan on 11/28/09 at 8:53 pm

I remember the Chainsaw hand boss. I remember the sequels as well.

The NES one(which, as far as I can tell never came out in the US), was more cartoony and comical. One of the bosses was these arachnid/parasite things that come out of this high school girl's stomach. After you beat all of the parasite things, she gets up and leaves like nothing ever happened to her.

Written By: Bobby on 02/06/10 at 5:52 pm

http://static.gamecrazy.com/images/games/boxart/13978.jpg

I'm not much into the adventure games, as I don't like the whole first person perspective thing, but when I was a kid, Splatterhouse used to scare the fekkin shyt out of me and I loved it.  A new version with HD graphics is going to be so friggin awesome.  I can't wait!

I remember Splatterhouse and just recently watched the walk-through of all the games. I couldn't afford the consoles when I was little so it was interesting to see what I had missed out on.

I might wait a while to play Bioshock 2 but I really want to play it soon and can't wait for Dead Rising II. The first one was rock solid hard but really entertaining.

Check for new replies or respond here...