inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: New Games for the Arcade!

Written By: Red Ant on 01/26/09 at 6:50 pm

We have the first new game for the arcade in a while:

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=play;game=927

More to come later.

signature banned as well

Subject: Re: New Games for the Arcade!

Written By: Red Ant on 01/26/09 at 8:17 pm

There's a few other new ones, but right now they don't accept scores, here, and the thumbnails don't auto-enter themselves.  Once I know how to fix that, I'll upload some more.

signature banned as well

Written By: Tam on 01/26/09 at 8:31 pm

There's a few other new ones, but right now they don't accept scores, here, and the thumbnails don't auto-enter themselves.  Once I know how to fix that, I'll upload some more.

signature banned as well

The games are still playable, but don't get frustrated if they don't take your score. ;)

Angelfalls is a great game! I think I know what I am going to be addicted to in a few! ;)

Written By: Red Ant on 01/26/09 at 11:15 pm

Basic controls for the bowling game:

Hold the left mouse button until the line sweeps to around 11 o clock. Release the mouse button and let the line fall back near the green line, then press the left mouse button again.

signature banned as well

Written By: whistledog on 01/27/09 at 10:28 am

I like the new feature of how a higher score will overwrite your previous high score if you hold the top spot.  Can this also apply to secondary scores as well, that way you don't have like the same person with like 100 second place scores ?

basically one score per person that will overwrite each time if you beat it

Written By: Tam on 01/27/09 at 11:14 am

I like the new feature of how a higher score will overwrite your previous high score if you hold the top spot.  Can this also apply to secondary scores as well, that way you don't have like the same person with like 100 second place scores ?

basically one score per person that will overwrite each time if you beat it

Yep. Basically, if you were to go right now Jas, and play every single game in the arcade, so long as you submit once in each game, it will erase all of your lower scores and only keep your highest score in the database. It will be the same for everyone as well. ;)

Written By: nally on 01/27/09 at 11:22 am

Yep. Basically, if you were to go right now Jas, and play every single game in the arcade, so long as you submit once in each game, it will erase all of your lower scores and only keep your highest score in the database. It will be the same for everyone as well. ;)

So if someone had a score of 500 on a certain game, and another person scored 500 on that same game, the new 500 score would overwrite the old one?

Written By: Tam on 01/27/09 at 1:26 pm

So if someone had a score of 500 on a certain game, and another person scored 500 on that same game, the new 500 score would overwrite the old one?

No.

If I scored 500 it would log it as my score.
Then if you came along and scored 500 - it would log it as your score.

But if you played it again, and scored 510, your score of 500 will be removed and your new score of 510 will be the only one seen.

8)

Written By: nally on 01/27/09 at 3:39 pm

No.

If I scored 500 it would log it as my score.
Then if you came along and scored 500 - it would log it as your score.

But if you played it again, and scored 510, your score of 500 will be removed and your new score of 510 will be the only one seen.

8)

Okay then...thanks for the explanation! I just wanted to be sure.

Written By: Tam on 01/27/09 at 4:14 pm

And now the arcade is all up to date with one score per member. I went through and changed all of the settings. ;)

Now if I could get everyone who has ever played in there, to go play the games, their score counts will be reset to 1 which would be awesome for the highscores lists! 8)

Written By: whistledog on 01/27/09 at 11:14 pm

So the game 'Air Wolf' sucks.  You don't even need to use the arrow keys.  Just rapidly shoot while your ship goes around in circles.  After like 30,000 points, I got bored and had to purposely die (which was the hardest part of the game .. waiting for the other ship to hit my ship)

Written By: wildcard on 01/28/09 at 1:26 am

And now the arcade is all up to date with one score per member. I went through and changed all of the settings. ;)

Now if I could get everyone who has ever played in there, to go play the games, their score counts will be reset to 1 which would be awesome for the highscores lists! 8)

Thats what I was doing today.

Whoopass has the thing from 3- 75 place and says there's no more room for scores.  I know the game has been a little kooky with me in the past as far as scoring.  Good thing I'm still in first.

Written By: Tam on 01/28/09 at 11:05 am

Thats what I was doing today.

Whoopass has the thing from 3- 75 place and says there's no more room for scores.  I know the game has been a little kooky with me in the past as far as scoring.  Good thing I'm still in first.

Apparently there is something wonky with whoopass.
I just played it and it saved my score, but still says on the main arcade page that there are no scores. And it only shows me the scores from 3rd place onward. There isn't a first or second place. Might be one of those games that we will have to delete. :-\\

Written By: wildcard on 01/28/09 at 12:07 pm

Apparently there is something wonky with whoopass.
I just played it and it saved my score, but still says on the main arcade page that there are no scores. And it only shows me the scores from 3rd place onward. There isn't a first or second place. Might be one of those games that we will have to delete. :-\\

I think thee use to be a 1st and 2nd place.  That one day it put me in two spots other then first where it needed to be.  Fun little game, but I think I'll have to suffer with one less game crown.  Only 76! I'm gonna die!!!!.

Written By: wildcard on 01/28/09 at 6:23 pm

I put some low score in yesterday and I think it was put in 6th.  today I scored 9196 in 1n 16 th place 3,4,5,12 no 6.  now look what it did

3 ninny July 14, 2008, 12:58:47 PM 20404 No comment
4 ninny July 05, 2008, 02:47:03 PM 17582 cool cool water
5 ninny July 14, 2008, 08:56:40 AM 17667 No comment
12 ninny July 14, 2008, 12:45:20 PM 15753 No comment
13 ninny July 14, 2008, 09:41:19 AM 15588 No comment
14 ninny July 14, 2008, 10:27:26 AM 14998 No comment
16 ninny July 14, 2008, 09:30:23 AM 14846 No comment
17 wildcard Today at 07:05:05 PM 9622 No comment
17 wildcard Today at 07:05:05 PM 9622 No comment

Written By: loki 13 on 01/29/09 at 2:17 pm

I don't mind the one submit feature for most games. I would only multiple submit games when I was
proud that I completed a board, i.e. The Mahjong or solitaire games. There are also times I would hit
the wrong button or I would submit a different game just to erase a high score I received so others
wouldn't be inclined to play that game and take my score. Fumble call was good for that, a ten second
game with an automatic submit.  ;)

The one reason I don't care for the new format is there are a few game with backward scoring. Mah Jongg
and a golf game come to mind. If I were to top the low score it wouldn't register because of the one submit
feature.

Written By: karen on 01/29/09 at 6:51 pm

pedantic moment:  please can the message say "You may only have 1 score at the same time" instead of "You may only have 1 scores at same time".  It makes me cringe every time I read it.

Written By: wildcard on 01/31/09 at 5:52 pm

now I'm in 16 16, but why does the game hate me?  17 is still there. 

Written By: gibbo on 01/31/09 at 7:36 pm

pedantic moment:  please can the message say "You may only have 1 score at the same time" instead of "You may only have 1 scores at same time".  It makes me cringe every time I read it.

I knew that would bug someone here..... ;D

Written By: gibbo on 01/31/09 at 7:40 pm

I don't mind the one submit feature for most games. I would only multiple submit games when I was
proud that I completed a board, i.e. The Mahjong or solitaire games. There are also times I would hit
the wrong button or I would submit a different game just to erase a high score I received so others
wouldn't be inclined to play that game and take my score. Fumble call was good for that, a ten second

The one reason I don't care for the new format is there are a few game with backward scoring. Mah Jongg
and a golf game come to mind. If I were to top the low score it wouldn't register because of the one submit
feature.

Gee...I didn't even think of the reverse scoring games. So, now will it erase the true top score if you try for a deliberate lowest score? I think yes....

Written By: Tam on 02/02/09 at 5:41 pm

Gee...I didn't even think of the reverse scoring games. So, now will it erase the true top score if you try for a deliberate lowest score? I think yes....

Nope - reverse scoring games should keep the highest score as the lowest score.

Of course there are still kinks to be worked out.....  ::)

Written By: nally on 02/02/09 at 10:10 pm

Nope - reverse scoring games should keep the highest score as the lowest score.

Of course there are still kinks to be worked out.....  ::)

Such games would be those that have counting timers on them.

One such example would be the Color Boxes, which has already been taken care of.

Written By: nally on 02/05/09 at 12:05 pm

We have the first new game for the arcade in a while:

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=play;game=927

More to come later.

signature banned as well

Among the newer games, I've noticed...is one called "Count The Stars", which I just now played for the first time and achieved the top spot!

Written By: nally on 02/05/09 at 5:59 pm

Among the newer games, I've noticed...is one called "Count The Stars", which I just now played for the first time and achieved the top spot!

...and now I've been unseated!

I have no real desire to get the crown back, though.

Written By: Henk on 02/06/09 at 4:31 am

feature.

That would be Flash Golf. Most annoying, when you're actually improving your score but the game won't let you register because you did worse some time in the past. :(

Written By: wildcard on 02/09/09 at 12:14 am

woopass

double score + score by same person = # position taken away

delete double score by submitting a 0 score

best score works great  Still trying to beat champ score to get back #1 and see if everything will start workin right

Written By: Tam on 02/18/09 at 11:24 am

A couple more games were added last night and of course loki and ninny immediately took my scores! ;D

Still looking for more and removing not so good ones....

Written By: Tam on 03/25/09 at 11:43 am

I am looking at a few more games today...
also still trying to find the game(s) that is making the arcade so slow....

Check for new replies or respond here...