inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: To all of our Loyal Arcade players

Written By: Tam on 08/30/09 at 4:52 pm

I need your help!

Can you please go through the arcade and play games you haven't played in forever?
I ask for this because there is the 1 score limit, and some of the high score pages are still loaded with duplicate score entries. If you go play them for me, all your scores but theh ighest ones will be removed! (You have to submit a score in order for this to work.)

Thank you so much!
I appreciate your time and patience!

Tam 8)

Subject: Re: To all of our Loyal Arcade players

Written By: snozberries on 08/30/09 at 4:58 pm

I need your help!

Can you please go through the arcade and play games you haven't played in forever?
I ask for this because there is the 1 score limit, and some of the high score pages are still loaded with duplicate score entries. If you go play them for me, all your scores but theh ighest ones will be removed! (You have to submit a score in order for this to work.)

Thank you so much!
I appreciate your time and patience!

Tam 8)

My apartment is clean, my mid term is due monday. this means I will have most of Tues, most of WEd and all day thurs to goof off!!! 

Written By: Henk on 08/30/09 at 4:59 pm

I'm not as loyal as I used to be, but I'll see what I can do. Maybe this week, maybe later.

Written By: snozberries on 08/30/09 at 5:02 pm

I'm not as loyal as I used to be, but I'll see what I can do. Maybe this week, maybe later.

I think you're exactly the kind of player she's referring to... those of us who used to be active but haven't been around for a while... you, me Jason and probably gibbo. 
  :)

Written By: Tam on 08/30/09 at 5:31 pm

I think you're exactly the kind of player she's referring to... those of us who used to be active but haven't been around for a while... you, me Jason and probably gibbo. 
  :)

And Cat and Jack and Quirk and MidKnight... I could go on and on lol

Written By: whistledog on 08/30/09 at 7:04 pm

I used to be a hard core Arcade player, but not so much anymore as the arcade takes too long to load :-\\

Written By: Tam on 08/30/09 at 7:26 pm

I used to be a hard core Arcade player, but not so much anymore as the arcade takes too long to load :-\\

I hear ya Jas!
But I do need you to go and get rid of the lot of your scores.
Open the arcade in a window then just open the game in a new tab. That way the arcade is still there and you don't have to worry about it loading all over again! ;)

Written By: snozberries on 08/30/09 at 8:04 pm

I hear ya Jas!
Open the arcade in a window then just open the game in a new tab. That way the arcade is still there and you don't have to worry about it loading all over again! ;)

ooh that's a good idea.... why didn't I think of that?

Written By: Tam on 08/30/09 at 8:06 pm

ooh that's a good idea.... why didn't I think of that?

'Coz you were waiting for me to show my brilliance! ;D :D ??? ::)

Written By: snozberries on 08/30/09 at 8:08 pm

well duh!

took long enough didn't it?  :P    ;)

:D

Written By: Tam on 08/30/09 at 8:15 pm

well duh!

took long enough didn't it?  :P    ;)

:D

Smartass!!!

Go play a game why doncha! ;D :P :P :P

Written By: nally on 08/30/09 at 8:17 pm

Same here. I know I have a ton of scores on Znax...

And our dear friend Robby (robby76, that is), has a ton of scores on the Mahjong game.

Written By: whistledog on 08/30/09 at 8:35 pm

I hear ya Jas!

I actually did try that once, and did whittle down alot of my scores, but I don't remember which ones I have left.  To go and check would take all night. 

I think a better solution would be to wipe every score from every game so everyone can start fresh :P :D ;D

Written By: Tam on 08/30/09 at 8:38 pm

I actually did try that once, and did whittle down alot of my scores, but I don't remember which ones I have left.  To go and check would take all night. 

I think a better solution would be to wipe every score from every game so everyone can start fresh :P :D ;D

That is the problem I am having as well. I can't remember all of them either!

The arcade is going to be revamped at some point soon, however it is believed that the scores will stay. If so then we need to clean them up. I have gone through every way I can think of to try and get rid of other scores, but the option I get right now is deleting one at a time. Pain in the butt.

However, if it happens that the games all get reset, it might be to our advantage, as in, we might actually get to figure out which game(s) are causing problems on the server. ;)

Written By: snozberries on 08/30/09 at 8:45 pm

That is the problem I am having as well. I can't remember all of them either!

The arcade is going to be revamped at some point soon, however it is believed that the scores will stay. If so then we need to clean them up. I have gone through every way I can think of to try and get rid of other scores, but the option I get right now is deleting one at a time. Pain in the butt.

However, if it happens that the games all get reset, it might be to our advantage, as in, we might actually get to figure out which game(s) are causing problems on the server. ;)

I would not complain if the scores were reset... we know some of those (*cough* Jason *cough*) scores were achieved by cheating anyway!  ;)

Written By: robby76 on 08/30/09 at 9:00 pm

And our dear friend Robby (robby76, that is), has a ton of scores on the Mahjong game.

Those were dark days.  ;D

Written By: gibbo on 08/30/09 at 9:14 pm

....lucky she wasn't holding her breath!  :P

Written By: gibbo on 08/30/09 at 9:16 pm

I would not complain if the scores were reset... we know some of those (*cough* Jason *cough*) scores were achieved by cheating anyway!  ;)

I think ninny might have something to say on this matter!  :o

Written By: wildcard on 08/30/09 at 9:19 pm

And Cat and Jack and Quirk and MidKnight... I could go on and on lol

Save some for me

Whistle dog. ninny, what's his name?

Written By: whistledog on 08/30/09 at 9:34 pm

Some?  LOL
I cheated on so many of those games, I don't even remember all of which were legit.

I know that one game Sk8 Prison was a legit score as was Twin Sonice and Air Sk8ting

Written By: nally on 08/31/09 at 12:27 pm

Some?  LOL
I cheated on so many of those games, I don't even remember all of which were legit.

I know that one game Sk8 Prison was a legit score as was Twin Sonice and Air Sk8ting

Likewise I tried for ages to capture the Twin Sonice crown and finally got it sometime in late 2007 I think. I may have unseated myself later.

Written By: nally on 08/31/09 at 1:15 pm

She has plenty of scores to clear on Whammy.

Edit: There are a few other members who've played that game multiple times that still have more than one score showing... including at least one or two folks that haven't been around in a while.

Written By: snozberries on 08/31/09 at 1:16 pm

meh.... getting her high scores back would give Tim something to do so I don't think she'd mind as much  ;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/31/09 at 2:46 pm

I see what I can do.

Written By: Henk on 08/31/09 at 4:09 pm

Man, it's a lot of games to play. "Collector" was the last on my list so far.

Some of the games on the list I had no scores at all (and I've kept it that way!), others had multiple scores (which I've eliminated now) but most already had just the one score. There's still a lot of work to be done...might take weeks to finish.

Written By: gibbo on 08/31/09 at 4:12 pm

I have limited time to plat presently. But I have been checking the 5 most recently played games and checking the scoreboards for my name. I have reduced my name to one only on several games this way.

Written By: wildcard on 08/31/09 at 6:06 pm

You don't need to play the game to clear the scores.

Check the game of the day to see if you cleared it.

Check your favorites if you have any games in there

Written By: loki 13 on 08/31/09 at 6:49 pm

I've been trying as well, I just followed ninny and cleared two more. Thing is though, Chunt Pro rewrote my high
score for a lower one but kept my high score as personal best, I don't get it. It's not the first time it's happened
so it makes me leary to play the games I have the high score.

Written By: wildcard on 08/31/09 at 6:55 pm

Man, it's a lot of games to play. "Collector" was the last on my list so far.

Some of the games on the list I had no scores at all (and I've kept it that way!), others had multiple scores (which I've eliminated now) but most already had just the one score. There's still a lot of work to be done...might take weeks to finish.

And how long ago has it been since I've said someone has a lot of scores in floats?  Maybe they know who they are now and can do something about it.

Written By: wildcard on 08/31/09 at 8:09 pm

I've been trying as well, I just followed ninny and cleared two more. Thing is though, Chunt Pro rewrote my high
score for a lower one but kept my high score as personal best, I don't get it. It's not the first time it's happened

Chunt Pro is acting like woopass, I lost my highest score.   

I think gibbo has the missing 2, maybe snoz can clear too.  I don't know,but if a game has weird numbering maybe you shouldn't play it until the numbering gets fixed. 

Written By: snozberries on 08/31/09 at 11:38 pm

Chunt Pro is acting like woopass, I lost my highest score.   

I think gibbo has the missing 2, maybe snoz can clear too.  I don't know,but if a game has weird numbering maybe you shouldn't play it until the numbering gets fixed. 

I'll get to it.. I have played all but like 5 games in the arcade so I have a lot of scores to clear.

Written By: ninny on 09/01/09 at 9:59 am

It did the same for me. I was cautious after that.

Written By: nally on 09/01/09 at 10:02 am

...I have a lot of scores to clear.

As do I. But there are several games that I have never played, and probably have no desire to ever attempt.

Written By: ninny on 09/01/09 at 10:51 am

As do I. But there are several games that I have never played, and probably have no desire to ever attempt.

Same here. I'm just choosing random games and if I have multiple scores I play it and submit my score, hoping it doesn't erase my high score.

Written By: Henk on 09/01/09 at 3:42 pm

And how long ago has it been since I've said someone has a lot of scores in floats?  Maybe they know who they are now and can do something about it.

Oh, that might be me - but I'm working down the list alphabetically.

Written By: ninny on 09/02/09 at 8:08 am

I played Chunt Pro again and got this..Score were not saved because you already have maximum number of scores
Score: 4670.00..my highscore before that was only1200 >:(

Written By: wildcard on 09/02/09 at 12:00 pm

^ well I don't even want you thinking about taking my new high score.  No I don't know, but I had never played the game before until recently, maybe the older scores are just screwed up.

Written By: nally on 09/02/09 at 1:13 pm

I played Chunt Pro again and got this..Score were not saved because you already have maximum number of scores
Score: 4670.00..my highscore before that was only 1200 >:(

Are there numerical gaps in the high scoring table? Sometimes that makes scores display out of order. It happened to me one time on a game I played that was similar to Tetris...someone apparently had dethroned me, but their score was only 22 while mine was at least five figures. Then I saw that there were gaps in the score table (some numerical positions were missing).

Written By: ninny on 09/02/09 at 1:36 pm

^ well I don't even want you thinking about taking my new high score.  No I don't know, but I had never played the game before until recently, maybe the older scores are just screwed up.

Believe me I was lucky to get that score :)

Written By: loki 13 on 09/02/09 at 6:36 pm

Score: 4670.00..my highscore before that was only1200 >:(

I got the same message:

Score were not saved because you already have maximum number of scores
Score: 6660.00

Highscores
Position Member Time Score Comment
1 wildcard September 01, 2009, 03:59:45 PM 10960 No comment
2 gibbo Today at 07:13:19 AM 10485 No comment
3 snozberries July 06, 2008, 11:36:48 AM 9680 No comment
4 snozberries July 06, 2008, 11:24:38 AM 9560 No comment
5 snozberries July 06, 2008, 01:20:15 AM 9310 No comment
6 snozberries July 06, 2008, 01:45:21 AM 9230 No comment
7 snozberries February 17, 2007, 01:22:40 PM 8945 No comment
8 loki 13 August 31, 2009, 06:45:36 PM 4330 No comment  Edit 

Written By: wildcard on 09/03/09 at 12:58 am

I don't know but chunt pro worked for me with new scores.

I was playing Mah toy and got a score of 2542 but it wrote me down for 3758.  That was a first time scoring for me.  Mabye we should have all the scores deleted for some of these games and see if they'll record right or just get rid of them.

I had 3000 in mah garden and it wrote me for 2000.  Again new score first submit

Written By: nally on 09/03/09 at 12:07 pm

I got the same message:

Score were not saved because you already have maximum number of scores
Score: 6660.00

Highscores
Position Member Time Score Comment
1 wildcard September 01, 2009, 03:59:45 PM 10960 No comment
2 gibbo Today at 07:13:19 AM 10485 No comment
3 snozberries July 06, 2008, 11:36:48 AM 9680 No comment
4 snozberries July 06, 2008, 11:24:38 AM 9560 No comment
5 snozberries July 06, 2008, 01:20:15 AM 9310 No comment
6 snozberries July 06, 2008, 01:45:21 AM 9230 No comment
7 snozberries February 17, 2007, 01:22:40 PM 8945 No comment
8 loki 13 August 31, 2009, 06:45:36 PM 4330 No comment  Edit 

That's strange. If you got 6660, it should have saved your score and overrode your previous score. ::)

Written By: nally on 09/03/09 at 4:41 pm

I cleared my scores on Pool (http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=highscore;game=111) but there are a ton of "Guest" scores (members w/ deleted accounts).

Written By: Henk on 09/03/09 at 5:03 pm

A lot of those 'Guest' scores could be mine, I don't remember (goes for other games as well). Anyway, there's no way I can get rid of them.

Written By: nally on 09/03/09 at 5:32 pm

^yeah, but the mods can. I think they have to remove 'em manually, which takes time to do (I know because they mentioned that in the past).

Written By: gibbo on 09/03/09 at 7:10 pm

A lot of those 'Guest' scores could be mine, I don't remember (goes for other games as well). Anyway, there's no way I can get rid of them.

I was the lucky recipient when one of your guest scores was removed. ....still feel bad about it!  :-\\  Well ...only a little.  ;) ::)

Written By: ninny on 09/04/09 at 12:27 pm

That's strange. If you got 6660, it should have saved your score and overrode your previous score. ::)

It saved my score once I got pass the 7425 that Splatface had.

Check for new replies or respond here...