inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What is or was your favorite game series.

Written By: Gohanzo1 on 01/16/10 at 5:42 pm

I like the pokemon and dragon quest series alot,how about you guys?  :P

Subject: Re: What is or was your favorite game series.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/16/10 at 5:46 pm

I like the pokemon and dragon quest series alot,how about you guys?  :P

My current faves are the Fire Emblem and Tony Hawk games. My all time faves are the Pokemon, DDR, Super Smash Bros, Gran Turismo, Ape Escape, and... I could go on forever!

Written By: Step-chan on 01/16/10 at 10:41 pm

Dragon Quest, Pokemon and Mega Man primarily.

Written By: wildcard on 01/17/10 at 7:16 pm

You don't think my current avatar or sig might suggest anything do you?

Written By: Gohanzo1 on 01/17/10 at 7:31 pm

Cool mario,super mario bros was my first video game I ever played. 8)

Written By: wildcard on 01/18/10 at 12:23 am

NES to 64  Mario sunshine just seemed to get weird for me.  Some of the levels on Smash Brothers Brawl can be fun, but I really don't like the Wii except to do things like sports with. 

Written By: danootaandme on 01/18/10 at 5:57 am

Crash Bandicoot, though his older games are better than the newer.

Written By: Bobby on 02/06/10 at 5:48 pm

Cool mario,super mario bros was my first video game I ever played. 8)

Loved the Mario Bros series and was so happy when they brought out the Mario All-Stars for the Super Nintendo back in the day. Unfortunately, haven't played a Mario game since Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island (technically a spin-off but brilliant anyway).

My favourite series so far is, understandably, The Smackdown vs Raw franchise but THQ are taking ages to make a really amazing game out of it. Other games I love are Gears of War I and II - II is amazing!

Written By: gumbypiz on 02/10/10 at 11:50 pm

I was always a fan of the Driver series. Unlike those that called it a GTA rip-off it was a mission based driving game long before GTA came to be what it is now. Even more, it was based more on the driving dynamics, and not shooting people or picking up prostitutes.

Also a big fan of the Max Payne games, its too bad there won't be a third in the series, the awful movie killed any attempts to follow up on the first two. >:( It was always great that the game had that stylized/comic book look and the Mickey Spillane, NYC hard boiled cop take on life and a sense of humor about itself. The first real use of rag doll physics, "bullet-time" and other visual tricks in a role playing game was a clincher. It did a lot to add real depth and character to a game when most games were based on kiddie mentality/toys and short Italian plumbers stomping on mushrooms.

The Frontline Medal of Honor series of first person WWII games were and still are great adventure games that was the grandfather of popular current 1st person RPG's like Call of Duty and so on. I still go back and play these every now and then...

Written By: whistledog on 02/12/10 at 10:21 pm

I still love the Need For Speed series.  I have Carbon, Pro Street, Undercover and Shift for PS3.  Looking into getting Most Wanted for 360

Written By: whistledog on 02/19/10 at 5:27 pm

Back in the old days, I was (And still am) a HUGE fan of the Double Dragon series.  The only flaw was the 3rd one in the arcade, where you had to insert coins to purchase weapons, but other than that, wonderful games.  The closest comparison that to me, almost succeeded in bettering was the Sega 'Streets of Rage' series for Genesis and Game Gear. 

Got all three SOR's on the 'Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection' for PS3

Written By: Step-chan on 02/19/10 at 10:27 pm

I never played the 3rd Double Dragon(not even in the arcades), that's the first time I've heard of actually having to use change to get items in an arcade game.

Written By: whistledog on 02/25/10 at 10:43 pm

I never played the 3rd Double Dragon(not even in the arcades), that's the first time I've heard of actually having to use change to get items in an arcade game.

It was one of few games that actually did that, and the major flaw with it was the characters (Billy and Jimmy Lee) didn't swing the weapons fast enough, so if you got hit, you lost the weapon and wouldn't be able to get it back unless you purchased it again when you came upon another store that you could enter.

Written By: Step-chan on 02/25/10 at 11:10 pm

That sounds poorly(or in the case of greed: well) thought out.

It's kinda like how Haunted Castle(An arcade Castlevania variant), was actually made more difficult in the U.S. version.

Check for new replies or respond here...