inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dumb Games

Written By: whistledog on 02/12/10 at 10:32 pm

Here are a few ...

Full Auto 2:  Battlelines (PS3)
Amazing graphics, but extremely difficult game play.  If your car is destroyed, or you crash, it's near impossible to get in 2nd last place, or even in a winning place.  Your car is equipped with guns, and you have to press the R stick to aim your shots, which is not easy to do because you have to hold R2 to accelerate.

Heavenly Sword (PS3)
The game is quite short in storyline, and with the storyline, there is more of it than gameplay.  I was bored out of my mind

SBK: Superbike World Championship (PS3)
Handling corners in this game is impossible, because other than crashing, if you let up speed or brake, the other bikes zoom ahead and catching up is near impossible

Racing Italiano (PS2)
The most boring racing game I ever played.  Handling corners is near impossible, and trying to catch up is impossible because apart from the speed of the cars already going slow, driving off road on the grass is almost like a stand still.

Subject: Re: Dumb Games

Written By: DJ Blaze on 02/13/10 at 6:45 pm

I thought Heavenly Sword was supposed to be one of the defining PS3 games...

As for my picks, Spyro: Season Of Ice for GBA is pretty boring...

Written By: whistledog on 02/13/10 at 7:15 pm

I thought Heavenly Sword was supposed to be one of the defining PS3 games...

Oh it is, but it's got more of a story than game play.  I got the game because I wanted to play it.  If I wanted a movie, I would have bought a movie lol

Written By: DJ Blaze on 02/13/10 at 7:23 pm

Oh it is, but it's got more of a story than game play.  I got the game because I wanted to play it.  If I wanted a movie, I would have bought a movie lol

You would probably hate Metal Gear Solid then...

Written By: whistledog on 02/13/10 at 7:43 pm

You would probably hate Metal Gear Solid then...

I used to own Metal Gear Solid 4 for PS3.  It was too slow, and too much of a first person shooter.  I grew up on the original Metal Gear back in the 80s, and didn't like how much it has changed.

Written By: whistledog on 05/31/10 at 10:42 am

Here are a few more...

Truck Racer (WiI)
Turning corners is about as much fun as watching paint dry.  Recovering from going off road leaves you no chance to win the race.

All Star Karate (Wii)
Karate Kid spoof with laim cartoon thought bubble dialogue.  Dumb action sequences.

Check for new replies or respond here...