inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Step-chan's Dragon Quest Thread

Written By: Step-chan on 05/19/10 at 6:43 pm

I've been meaning to start a thread about the Dragon Quest(formerly Dragon Warrior in the U.S.) series for awhile now.

With the 9th game coming out to the U.S. month after next, I finally remember to.

This thread will be for the discussion of the series, whether more casual things, tips, etc.

Sort of like what my Pokemon thread has become.

Subject: Re: Step-chan's Dragon Quest Thread

Written By: DJ Blaze on 05/19/10 at 8:38 pm

I have Dragon Warrior 2 and Dragon Quest 8. Since you've started this thread, I might try them out.

Written By: Step-chan on 05/19/10 at 8:53 pm

2 is pretty hard, well the NES version anyway. I've been meaning to play 8 again.

I saw some stuff for the 9th game while I was on both Woodus and Gamefaqs earlier.

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/133/dqixus.jpg

Here is box art for DQIX. ^

There is a preview as on 1UP as well:

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?pager.offset=1&cId=3179395&p=

http://www.1up.com/do/media?cId=3155836&sec=IMAGES

http://www.1up.com/do/slideshow?pager.offset=5&cId=3155836

http://www.1up.com/do/slideshow?pager.offset=4&cId=3155836

Written By: DJ Blaze on 05/20/10 at 10:03 am

2 is pretty hard, well the NES version anyway. I've been meaning to play 8 again.

I saw some stuff for the 9th game while I was on both Woodus and Gamefaqs earlier.

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/133/dqixus.jpg

Here is box art for DQIX. ^

There is a preview as on 1UP as well:

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?pager.offset=1&cId=3179395&p=

http://www.1up.com/do/media?cId=3155836&sec=IMAGES

http://www.1up.com/do/slideshow?pager.offset=5&cId=3155836

http://www.1up.com/do/slideshow?pager.offset=4&cId=3155836

I'm looking for a challenge, so I'll try to start 2 after I tire of SoulSilver. Probably the biggest challenge in the game will be getting the cartridge to work LOL. Good thing I have an emulator, and since I own the cartridge (actually, my brother does), it's legal.

Are they ever gonna bring over the Mystery Dungeon game where you play as Yangus from DQ8? As far as I know, it's Japan-only. COR BLIMEY!

Written By: Step-chan on 05/20/10 at 2:15 pm

I'm not sure, but judging by how long ago it came out, it doesn't look like it(Anything is still possible). They did release a mystery dungeon game starring Torneko over here.

The funny thing is, in the past spinoffs to Dragon Quest games were more likely to come out in the U.S. than the main games. I read an article that they were planning to bring over some other games(possibly DQ games) if two other games they released did well. I'm looking it up now. Found it.

One was a game based on Fullmetal Alchemist, the other one was called Musashi: Samurai Legend. Neither of those sold well very well. Of course, this is SEI. They've put up a massive, and I do mean massive, advertising campaign for Final Fantasy XIII in American well before it came out in Japan or American.

Some people are now alittle worried about the remake of DQ6 DS coming out over here(It's been annouced, but not with a actual date).

Looks like they want DQ9 to be released internationally first to me(Which Nintendo is helping in publishing and promoting).

Written By: DJ Blaze on 05/20/10 at 2:26 pm

I'm not sure, but judging by how long ago it came out, it doesn't look like it(Anything is still possible). They did release a mystery dungeon game starring Torneko over here.

The funny thing is, in the past spinoffs to Dragon Quest games were more likely to come out in the U.S. than the main games. I read an article that they were planning to bring over some other games(possibly DQ games) if two other games they released did well. I'm looking it up now. Found it.

One was a game based on Fullmetal Alchemist, the other one was called Musashi: Samurai Legend. Neither of those sold well very well. Of course, this is SEI. They've put up a massive, and I do mean massive, advertising campaign for Final Fantasy XIII in American well before it came out in Japan or American.

Some people are now alittle worried about the remake of DQ6 DS coming out over here(It's been annouced, but not with a actual date).

Looks like they want DQ9 to be released internationally first to me(Which Nintendo is helping in publishing and promoting).

Oh, I know how TBA Release Date feels. They still haven't given us a release date for Rock Band: Japan Edition.

I've decided to go for a DQ2 playthrough when I have time.

Written By: Step-chan on 05/20/10 at 5:46 pm

That's cool. I've beaten it a few times myself.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 05/20/10 at 6:58 pm

That's cool. I've beaten it a few times myself.

My brother has fond memories of it. Yeah, fond memories of map paper and trying to run with no escape LOL. JK. I tried it about 4 years ago, but the cartridge wasn't working well.

Written By: Step-chan on 05/20/10 at 9:30 pm

Amazingly, all of mine still save.(Last time I played)

Considering that I bought the 1st game used and had beaten the 3rd on the NES around 8 or more times.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 05/21/10 at 2:58 pm

Amazingly, all of mine still save.(Last time I played)

Considering that I bought the 1st game used and had beaten the 3rd on the NES around 8 or more times.

WOW. 8 or more times. That's excellent. The only used NES games I have are some I got from my aunt, such as Metroid, Terminator 2, and Dr. Mario, and they all worked. (Well, with a little finger-crossing and dust-blowing.) Hate to get off-topic, but as for games I've beaten a ton of times, I'd have to say Kirby's Adventure on the NES. I've lost count, but I did eventually clear it 100%.

Written By: Step-chan on 05/21/10 at 6:37 pm

I lost count, the first few times I beat it without using Dharma's class change. And that's not counting beating the normal game on the GBC remake.

Speaking abit more of DQ, I've wrote alittle to my parody of Karma Chameleon. The verses are the roughest part of that song.

Written By: Step-chan on 05/23/10 at 8:57 pm

Just read up on a glitch that I encountered on Dragon Warrior 3 before. It affects the damage the Zombie Slasher does to any enemy.

Which it explains why I've did around 20 damage to Metal Slimes before with that weapon.(You're lucky if you do one usually)

Written By: Step-chan on 06/01/10 at 2:49 pm

Toying with the idea of going and reserving DQ9 here in alittle while.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 06/01/10 at 4:15 pm

Toying with the idea of going and reserving DQ9 here in alittle while.

Do you get any special bonuses for reserving? Possibly an exclusive Slime plushie? LOL just kidding, there's already been enough of those.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/01/10 at 7:35 pm

I went and it pre-ordered and bought another game while I was there(Spetral Force Genesis).

There's no pre-order bonus though.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 06/01/10 at 7:40 pm

I went and it pre-ordered and bought another game while I was there(Spetral Force Genesis).

There's no pre-order bonus though.

Hmm. No pre-order bonus. Haven't heard of the other game, either.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/01/10 at 8:40 pm

I think it came out not too long ago.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/07/10 at 2:29 pm

Something funny happened today when I went to Woodus. Alot of people had gotten emails for Nintendo of America asking if they are interested in supporting Dragon Quest 9. I got one as well and replied. The weird thing is... That's the first time I ever sent an email.

I'll just need to check back in alittle bit.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 06/07/10 at 3:36 pm

Something funny happened today when I went to Woodus. Alot of people had gotten emails for Nintendo of America asking if they are interested in supporting Dragon Quest 9. I got one as well and replied. The weird thing is... That's the first time I ever sent an email.

I'll just need to check back in alittle bit.

WOW. Major milestone. Congrats.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/07/10 at 3:46 pm

Sending an email for the first time... Yeah, would be one. I only really got them for forum registration.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 06/07/10 at 6:30 pm

Sending an email for the first time... Yeah, would be one. I only really got them for forum registration.

Yeah, I'm used to that. Well, actually they were sent to my mom's email for registration to sites like Jetix and Cartoon Orbit.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/07/10 at 10:04 pm

Got a response back as well. Everyone who got one on Woodus was wondering if it was a scam or not, until Dwaine B.(Head of DQ Shrine) mention that the PR firm was legit.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/08/10 at 7:56 pm

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/29757

^ A trailer for the game.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 06/08/10 at 8:06 pm

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/29757

^ A trailer for the game.

I'll have to check that out sometime. Seeing as it is on Gametrailers, my computer may not have the memory to power it. YT works for me, but if it's real high quality, it'll skip.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/08/10 at 8:09 pm

My comp has similiar problems.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/10/10 at 12:38 pm

For responding to the email, I got a poster today.

There is also a contest as well.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 06/10/10 at 9:27 pm

For responding to the email, I got a poster today.

There is also a contest as well.

Congrats.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/10/10 at 10:25 pm

Thanks. I'm not the only one either. Alot of people on Woodus(as well as some other Dragon Quest/Warrior sites), have gotten them as well.

The contest is a trivia.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 06/11/10 at 4:55 pm

Thanks. I'm not the only one either. Alot of people on Woodus(as well as some other Dragon Quest/Warrior sites), have gotten them as well.

The contest is a trivia.

Knowing as you're the DQ fanatic of InThe00s, you'll ace the trivia.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/11/10 at 5:05 pm

There's only one question per week. And it pertains to the upcoming 9th game. The question was pretty easy(It's part answer the question, part drawing from the correct answers).

My email for the trivia ended up in the Spam section... Stupid Yahoo email. I hope 28 minutes 1:00 wasn't too late drawing wise.

The first week prize is a Shirt featuring Dragon Quest artwork. 100 will win this one.

The second week prize is the soundtrack to DQ9. 50 will win this one.

The final week prize is a copy of DQ9 and a Blue DSi. 25 will win this one.

I'm usually not the most optimistic when comes to contests, although the trivia isn't a major concern.

If I did win the final week's prize, I would give the game to my nephew. Mainly because I already have my copy preordered and paid for.(But I would keep the DSi)

Written By: Step-chan on 06/13/10 at 5:24 pm

I've made to round 2, which surprises me alittle... Mainly because I answered almost a 1/2 hour late.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/16/10 at 6:15 pm

http://dragonquest.nintendo.com/monster-gallery/

There's been an update on the site.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/18/10 at 12:31 pm

One of the enemies is called Wooper Trooper. :D

I answered the second question. Here's hoping for the second prize, the soundtrack! :)

Written By: DJ Blaze on 06/18/10 at 9:12 pm

One of the enemies is called Wooper Trooper. :D

I answered the second question. Here's hoping for the second prize, the soundtrack! :)

A weaker version could be the Quagmire Quagsire! Congrats again, hope you win.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/18/10 at 11:51 pm

Thanks.  :)

The funny thing is the fact that they're blue, kinda like the Woopers from Pokemon.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/21/10 at 6:28 pm

Made it to the final round!

:o ;D

Oh, I found out on Woodus that there is an information booklet out for DQ9, I went to Gamestop to see, but the guy didn't know about it. I'll be checking on it again tommorrow.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 06/21/10 at 8:28 pm

Made it to the final round!

:o ;D

Oh, I found out on Woodus that there is an information booklet out for DQ9, I went to Gamestop to see, but the guy didn't know about it. I'll be checking on it again tommorrow.

Great job.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/21/10 at 10:32 pm

Thanks, whether or not I actually am one of the 25 that wins will depend on whether or not I answer correctly quick enough on Friday.

It's a good thing I don't work until the evening that day.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 06/22/10 at 3:25 pm

Thanks, whether or not I actually am one of the 25 that wins will depend on whether or not I answer correctly quick enough on Friday.

It's a good thing I don't work until the evening that day.

Yeah, good thing. I would hate for you to miss it due to work.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/22/10 at 7:44 pm

20 of us on Woodus are part of the final round, which consists of 50 people.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/22/10 at 11:51 pm

Actually, 21 are.

Anyway....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNMX_Lnu1xY

Considering how big DQ is in Japan, I'm surprised it's hard to find Caramelldansen vids to it.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/25/10 at 12:21 pm

LOL, final question was really easy. :D

Answered it within 30 seconds.

Now to wait and find out if I'm one of the 25 grand prize winners. Which should be known by Monday.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 06/25/10 at 12:58 pm

LOL, final question was really easy. :D

Answered it within 30 seconds.

Now to wait and find out if I'm one of the 25 grand prize winners. Which should be known by Monday.

LOL, internet. (Forced meme) You are seriously hardcore to get the final question within 30 seconds. Now just gotta wait a little.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/25/10 at 1:29 pm

Alot of Woodus were within a minute easy(some within 5 seconds, but that's also because you have to type your email and full name in, so one person copied and pasted their name to speed up things).

The only thing is that I'm on Yahoo, which doesn't count seconds. So while I answered within a decent amount of seconds, the time stamp showed one minute(which I think was because it only showed it like that because of reloading on back on my inbox).

Written By: DJ Blaze on 06/25/10 at 1:54 pm

Alot of Woodus were within a minute easy(some within 5 seconds, but that's also because you have to type your email and full name in, so one person copied and pasted their name to speed up things).

The only thing is that I'm on Yahoo, which doesn't count seconds. So while I answered within a decent amount of seconds, the time stamp showed one minute(which I think was because it only showed it like that because of reloading on back on my inbox).

I'll hope for the best.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 06/25/10 at 8:45 pm

This has nothing to do with Dragon Quest, but I figured I'd post it. This is just too moe for words...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhO501MAoZo

Catchy song, too. Love at the end where they're singing at that guy yells "SHUT UP!" in English.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/25/10 at 10:14 pm

I'll still have two things coming even if I don't win.

Getting a DSi would be nice though and I could give the game to my nephew(since I've already got mine paid for).

Edit: Those girls, so perky and gothic!

Written By: Step-chan on 06/26/10 at 12:09 am

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PrinceCharmless

^ Guess who!!!

:D

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DragonQuestVIII

Found DQ8's page too.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 06/26/10 at 10:20 am

I'll still have two things coming even if I don't win.

Getting a DSi would be nice though and I could give the game to my nephew(since I've already got mine paid for).

Edit: Those girls, so perky and gothic!

Congrats on winning those other 2 things (one was the soundtrack right?).

Yeah, insanely gothic. Hotness goes off the charts when they pull out those huge guns.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PrinceCharmless

^ Guess who!!!

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DragonQuestVIII

Found DQ8's page too.

IT'S CHARMLES! KILL HIM!

Written By: Step-chan on 06/26/10 at 5:17 pm

Congrats on winning those other 2 things (one was the soundtrack right?).

Yeah, insanely gothic. Hotness goes off the charts when they pull out those huge guns.

Thanks. :)

I'll find out whether I got Grand Prize(which is something 25 people will win) by Monday.

IT'S CHARMLES! KILL HIM!

TVtropes made him a trope namer, to describe royalty without charm.

Something I thought of not too long ago...

You remember me mentioning the Korean game Demonophobia?

I would actually play the game if Charmles was who you played as... It would be worth it just to have him get brutally murdered and killed repeatedly.

I'm actually trying to find a pic of the game that is safe to post.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 06/26/10 at 5:59 pm

I'll find out whether I got Grand Prize(which is something 25 people will win) by Monday.

TVtropes made him a trope namer, to describe royalty without charm.

Something I thought of not too long ago...

You remember me mentioning the Korean game Demonophobia?

I would actually play the game if Charmles was who you played as... It would be worth it just to have him get brutally murdered and killed repeatedly.

I'm actually trying to find a pic of the game that is safe to post.

I would play Demonophobia if you played as Kanye West. Or Justin Bieber. Or Numa Numa guy... or not, he's cool.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/26/10 at 6:52 pm

There are a few safe ones here and there....

I actually seen a pic where someone altered the sprite to make her look like a magical girl of sorts. This isn't the magical girl one:

http://pds17.egloos.com/pds/200912/08/48/d0063448_4b1d26300c990.jpg

Such a pity(DQ reference!), she needs more firepower to deal with all the crap.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 06/26/10 at 7:01 pm

There are a few safe ones here and there....

I actually seen a pic where someone altered the sprite to make her look like a magical girl of sorts. This isn't the magical girl one:

http://pds17.egloos.com/pds/200912/08/48/d0063448_4b1d26300c990.jpg

Such a pity(DQ reference!), she needs more firepower to deal with all the crap.

Wow, this looks kinda low-budget. I'd edit her sprite to make her look like one of those goth chicks from that vid I posted.... BTW, that was from Mahou Sentai Magiranger, but you probably would've guessed that by Nai (one of the girls) shooting at the guy in red spandex (Kai, MagiRed). WE ARE NAI TO MEA! ("To" means "and", their name is a pun for "nightmare".)

Written By: Step-chan on 06/26/10 at 7:21 pm

I see. :)

The game was done by one person, that's why. There is no sound either. Still a better job than Action 52, although I have mixed feelings in saying that, considering the overall shock value nature of the game. I also(against my better judgement) watched some Let's Play vids of it.

There was one thing I laughed at in the LP, it's when the guy playing walks into a room and encounters the Butcher character.

He ended up saying: Sweet Jesus! No! No!(He also had some audio playing that said Yes! repeatedly and something else I didn't understand, due to him talking) Sakurai, don't just stand there! Run! Run meter don't fail me now!

I need to get someone to edit a sprite of Charmles in place of her when encountering the butcher/leatherface machete swinging wannabe. That would be worth saving to my image account.

There is a sequel as well, called Xenophobia, which has somewhat better detail graphically. Don't know whether to call that a blessing or not, since it's like the first game.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 06/26/10 at 8:33 pm

I see. :)

The game was done by one person, that's why. There is no sound either. Still a better job than Action 52, although I have mixed feelings in saying that, considering the overall shock value nature of the game. I also(against my better judgement) watched some Let's Play vids of it.

There was one thing I laughed at in the LP, it's when the guy playing walks into a room and encounters the Butcher character.

He ended up saying: Sweet Jesus! No! No!(He also had some audio playing that said Yes! repeatedly and something else I didn't understand, due to him talking) Sakurai, don't just stand there! Run! Run meter don't fail me now!

I need to get someone to edit a sprite of Charmles in place of her when encountering the butcher/leatherface machete swinging wannabe. That would be worth saving to my image account.

There is a sequel as well, called Xenophobia, which has somewhat better detail graphically. Don't know whether to call that a blessing or not, since it's like the first game.

By one person? Like Touhou? Sakurai? As in Masahiro Sakurai who made Super Smash Bros. Brawl?

Written By: Step-chan on 06/26/10 at 8:51 pm

Sakurai is the name of the girl, but not a character from Touhou or the creator of SSBB.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 06/26/10 at 9:44 pm

Sakurai is the name of the girl, but not a character from Touhou or the creator of SSBB.

Hmm... what I meant by Touhou was that it was created by one person, believe it or not.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/26/10 at 9:49 pm

Hmm... what I meant by Touhou was that it was created by one person, believe it or not.

Oh, okay...

Written By: DJ Blaze on 06/27/10 at 8:44 pm

Oh, okay...

No prob.

Off-topic, but one of the few rap songs I enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jKstOC8LgE

Written By: Step-chan on 06/27/10 at 10:14 pm

I don't know why I put 3 periods in my previous post.

Is that a edit someone did on those songs?

Written By: DJ Blaze on 06/28/10 at 1:27 pm

I don't know why I put 3 periods in my previous post.

Is that a edit someone did on those songs?

It's a mix of Eminem's "Cleaning Out My Closet" and Dragonforce's "Through The Fire And Flames". Eminem: BLAH. Dragonforce: PWNS. Eminem VS Dragonforce: Dragonforce floats on top.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/28/10 at 2:13 pm

I've never cared for Eminem myself, although he does have a couple of songs I think are okay... Most of the others are too extreme for my taste.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 06/28/10 at 2:20 pm

I've never cared for Eminem myself, although he does have a couple of songs I think are okay... Most of the others are too extreme for my taste.

Eminem isn't too good, Dragonforce are way better.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/28/10 at 5:36 pm

Although I haven't listened to Dragon Force(other than those parts in that video), I agree.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 06/28/10 at 7:12 pm

Although I haven't listened to Dragon Force(other than those parts in that video), I agree.

Yeah. Just listened to their 3rd album while thrashing Palmer in SoulSilver.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/28/10 at 7:21 pm

Didn't win Grand Prize, but I at least got two other prizes coming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSSmdH5qOOo

Celebrating the end of the contest!

Written By: Step-chan on 06/28/10 at 7:50 pm

Also, kinda stuck on what to use for my new sig on Woodus.

The Cheat's hot mom one was for here if I lost, but for Woodus if I won.

I don't really have a second one, except a Demonophobia Prince Charmles edition.(But I don't want to use on there)

Written By: DJ Blaze on 06/28/10 at 7:50 pm

Didn't win Grand Prize, but I at least got two other prizes coming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSSmdH5qOOo

Celebrating the end of the contest!

Congrats on 2 prizes.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/28/10 at 7:57 pm

Thanks.  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGKR1Jgj7W4

They have a commercial for the game now.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/28/10 at 9:26 pm

I just went ahead and used the Cheat's hot mom on there too...

Couldn't think of anything else.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/29/10 at 6:41 pm

My shirt came today, but my nosy *** upstairs neighbors opened it to see what it was.  >:(

My CD better show up while I'm home(CDs are being shipped seperately), seeing as how I don't trust them to not swipe it.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/30/10 at 1:14 pm

The soundtrack came today. Thank goodness I was home when it did. It's a two disc set. Wasn't expecting that.

Written By: Step-chan on 07/02/10 at 10:59 pm

I remember how you said you'd like to see Kanye West in Demonophobia several posts ago. I just remember his interupting Taylor Swift, which created abit of a meme.

I think people are missing out on a potential game to use him for meme wise... Demonophobia!  :D

More on this later.

Written By: Step-chan on 07/07/10 at 9:39 pm

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w27/Nekonin/LETS-ROCK.jpg

Heheheh

Found this, a Devil May Cry/Demonophobia crossover...

Now all we need is Kanye West trying to interrupt the powerful demons in that place.

Written By: Step-chan on 07/08/10 at 10:46 pm

Dragon Quest 9's release is few days away!

I've also been meaning to post a comparison of DQ4 DS and Dragon Warrior 4(NES) difficulty level, I'll be doing that asap.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 07/09/10 at 5:42 pm

Heheheh

Found this, a Devil May Cry/Demonophobia crossover...

Now all we need is Kanye West trying to interrupt the powerful demons in that place.

Sakurai has poor Engrish.

Written By: Step-chan on 07/09/10 at 5:46 pm

Sakurai has poor Engrish.

Yeah.. someone quickly translated it. It's a shame Dante ain't in the game, it would be funny to see both the Butcher and Loli-puncher(Which is what people are calling t red thing in the pic) running from them.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 07/09/10 at 8:16 pm

Yeah.. someone quickly translated it. It's a shame Dante ain't in the game, it would be funny to see both the Butcher and Loli-puncher(Which is what people are calling t red thing in the pic) running from them.

I always thought Dante was a ripoff of Trigun's Vash.

Written By: Step-chan on 07/10/10 at 5:33 pm

I always thought Dante was a ripoff of Trigun's Vash.

Heard of Trigun and seen pictures of Vash, but I've never seen him with a sword. Does he have one?

Written By: DJ Blaze on 07/10/10 at 8:07 pm

Heard of Trigun and seen pictures of Vash, but I've never seen him with a sword. Does he have one?

Yep. I read about it in OPM.

Written By: Step-chan on 07/10/10 at 9:04 pm

OPM?

That almost sounds like onemanga.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 07/10/10 at 9:33 pm

OPM?

That almost sounds like onemanga.

Official Playstation Magazine. BTW, for no reason pertaining to DQ, here's the ending song from Samurai Sentai Shinkenger VS Go-Onger. PS. Don't worry about spoilers for this, pretty much the only spoiler is that they all lived.  :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87mxdEpybuE

Written By: Step-chan on 07/11/10 at 7:06 pm

About watch that...

I got my copy today as well as getting the book for it.

It also has some names of characters from DQ6(there are items that let you dress as them).

Written By: DJ Blaze on 07/11/10 at 7:13 pm

About watch that...

I got my copy today as well as getting the book for it.

It also has some names of characters from DQ6(there are items that let you dress as them).

Congrats. Gotta love it when games go back like that.

Written By: Step-chan on 07/11/10 at 7:25 pm

I'll actually be starting my file tommorrow, partially because I played abit Soulsilver and DQ4 today.

Written By: Step-chan on 07/12/10 at 5:05 pm

I've played abit more of DQ4 today, getting my final party member in chapter 5.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 07/12/10 at 6:56 pm

Off-topic, but I love your The Cheat's Hot Mom sig.

Written By: Step-chan on 07/12/10 at 11:15 pm

Off-topic, but I love your The Cheat's Hot Mom sig.

It's off of one of the costume vids on Homestarrunner.

http://www.homestarrunner.com/costumes06.html

Written By: Step-chan on 07/13/10 at 7:07 pm

Here's my DQ9 party:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h12/Step-chan/1279065547837.jpg

Stepchan

Current class: Minstrel

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h12/Step-chan/1279065616162.jpg

Annabel

Current class: Warrior

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h12/Step-chan/1279065683162.jpg

Will

Current class: Priest

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h12/Step-chan/1279065722162.jpg

Cleo

Current class: Mage

Written By: DJ Blaze on 07/13/10 at 8:01 pm

Here's my DQ9 party:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h12/Step-chan/1279065547837.jpg

Stepchan

Current class: Minstrel

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h12/Step-chan/1279065616162.jpg

Annabel

Current class: Warrior

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h12/Step-chan/1279065683162.jpg

Will

Current class: Priest

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h12/Step-chan/1279065722162.jpg

Cleo

Current class: Mage

Nice.

BTW, I watched the Homestar Runner with The Cheat's Hot Mom. Hey, at least she doesn't give away melty chocolate bars.

Written By: Step-chan on 07/13/10 at 8:28 pm

Those are pictures you can create from the UK website, I ended up having upload elsewhere while uploading to an image account.(Stupid Opera not uploading from my computer).

And ain't that the truth on the Cheat's hot mom.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 07/13/10 at 8:51 pm

Those are pictures you can create from the UK website, I ended up having upload elsewhere while uploading to an image account.(Stupid Opera not uploading from my computer).

And ain't that the truth on the Cheat's hot mom.

Yep. Always in and out of prison. Someday I will own a Kick The Cheat plushie.

Written By: Step-chan on 07/13/10 at 11:24 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M9gTjmtil4

DQ5 reference. My nephew(and dad, who came over while I was at work) ended up watching some of the DVDs of the show. My nephew said that the dub retained the DQ reference(although that shouldn't have been a surprise).

Written By: Step-chan on 07/17/10 at 3:19 pm

I'm not way too far right now, my party's levels range from 10-12.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 07/22/10 at 9:01 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M9gTjmtil4

DQ5 reference. My nephew(and dad, who came over while I was at work) ended up watching some of the DVDs of the show. My nephew said that the dub retained the DQ reference(although that shouldn't have been a surprise).

DQ5 is Hand Of The Heavenly Bride, right? BTW, your dad watches Lucky Star? Lucky. (No pun intended).

Written By: Step-chan on 07/22/10 at 10:51 pm

Yep, the 5th game. Which SEI did the lowest print on(DQ4 DS didn't sell as well, but SEI also didn't advertise either game heavy enough either). DQ5 is actually the hardest game to find because of this.

My nephew came over on Friday that week, which was the only day he really had a ride. But I had to work on Saturday morning, so my dad dropped by to stay with him until I got home.

There wasn't much to do, so he ended up watching some of the DVDs mainly because he was bored. Now I haven't actually watched them yet myself, but I have watch all 13 episodes Sgt. Frog.

Afro Gunso FTW!

Written By: DJ Blaze on 07/24/10 at 11:11 am

Yep, the 5th game. Which SEI did the lowest print on(DQ4 DS didn't sell as well, but SEI also didn't advertise either game heavy enough either). DQ5 is actually the hardest game to find because of this.

My nephew came over on Friday that week, which was the only day he really had a ride. But I had to work on Saturday morning, so my dad dropped by to stay with him until I got home.

There wasn't much to do, so he ended up watching some of the DVDs mainly because he was bored. Now I haven't actually watched them yet myself, but I have watch all 13 episodes Sgt. Frog.

Afro Gunso FTW!

Wow, my dad won't touch anime with a ten-foot-pole.

Written By: Step-chan on 07/24/10 at 12:36 pm

They were both watching Sgt. Frog when I got back. While my dad isn't really into anime, he doesn't mind watching it.

He's heavily into Star Wars though. While not anime, it's another series that is considered very geeky, so that's probably why.

Written By: Step-chan on 07/26/10 at 10:10 pm

I've gotten class changing opened up and changed into some classes for skills and extra skills, I changed back to my starting classes afterward. Also made a few things in the Krak Pot(alchemy pot like off of Dragon Quest 8, except it makes the new items instantly, can also make multiples of one recipe).

Equipment I made in the Krak Pot so far:

Steel Broadsword
Tortoiseshell Fan
Fur Poncho
Bunny Ears

Written By: Step-chan on 07/28/10 at 10:30 pm

I've opened up two new classes in Dragon Quest 9.

Written By: Step-chan on 08/03/10 at 7:39 pm

Something I've noticed about DQ9(and DQ games in general) when it comes down to it, the people who localized must be fans of The Simpsons. You'd have to see some of the names in the game.

Written By: Step-chan on 08/22/10 at 7:04 pm

I've been doing some skill point farming on different classes before going on with the story, on my second to last.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/24/10 at 9:21 pm

Off-topic, but have you been watching Lucky Star? I haven't seen much, but I can tell you my fave character is Konata. And this video might be why.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTKPcrPmgPI

Recorder speed rave FTW.

Written By: Step-chan on 08/24/10 at 10:48 pm

I've been sidetracked by DQ9 and the internet, so I haven't yet.

Written By: Step-chan on 10/08/10 at 9:50 pm

Not too far from the end of the game. Will be trying to beat the normal game soon and do a restart(with a different main character idea).

Written By: Step-chan on 10/15/10 at 6:41 pm

Have to level grind abit, last boss I beat one-shotted my Priest thanks to his high crit hit rate.

Will be leveling to level 38.

Written By: Step-chan on 10/30/10 at 5:50 pm

After I beat the main game, I'll see if I can try my hand at emulation, mainly for DQ6 on the Super Famicom(english patch of course).

Written By: Step-chan on 11/11/10 at 10:41 pm

Alot of people at Woodus(due to uncertainty of release) are starting up a support DQ6 plan.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 11/13/10 at 7:28 pm

Alot of people at Woodus(due to uncertainty of release) are starting up a support DQ6 plan.

Who knows? With the remakes of the first Fire Emblem and Final Fantasy 3 on DS, anything's possible.

Written By: Step-chan on 11/14/10 at 5:17 pm

It has been announced for international release since 2008, Japan got DQ6 for the DS this year in January.

So even Japan got it later than planned due to DQ9's push back in 2009(from early 2009 to July 2009). That was the main cause of the international release being hush hush for now.

I did sign an online petition though, because while I'm optimistic(it's not cancelled until they say it is, plus SE would be ruining their perfect release record if they don't do the international release), I wanted to show some support.

With SE, if it isn't Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts, they don't put much international promotion into it. Nintendo jumped in for DQ9 for that reason, hopefully they might do it for DQ6 too(Judging by the recent domain name bought called realmsofrevelation, who knows?).

Written By: DJ Blaze on 11/14/10 at 8:00 pm

It has been announced for international release since 2008, Japan got DQ6 for the DS this year in January.

So even Japan got it later than planned due to DQ9's push back in 2009(from early 2009 to July 2009). That was the main cause of the international release being hush hush for now.

I did sign an online petition though, because while I'm optimistic(it's not cancelled until they say it is, plus SE would be ruining their perfect release record if they don't do the international release), I wanted to show some support.

With SE, if it isn't Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts, they don't put much international promotion into it. Nintendo jumped in for DQ9 for that reason, hopefully they might do it for DQ6 too(Judging by the recent domain name bought called realmsofrevelation, who knows?).

You're perfectly right, DQ is a relatively low-tier franchise in popularity terms. I need to do some petitions, maybe to bring Super Sentai to the US in a form other than Fail Rangers.... XD

Back to DQ, who doesn't like Yangus? He's hilarious! COR BLIMEY!

Written By: Step-chan on 11/15/10 at 12:19 pm

Although it is more known nowadays, personally with the fact that the Dragon Ball series(since Akira Toriyama also does the art for DQ) is popular here is a surprise that DQ isn't alittle higher on the promotion chain. In Japan, DQ sells more than the FF series does.

If you knew some of the wasteful spending SEI did just for FF13 alone, it's no wonder Nintendo jumped in for DQ9.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 11/15/10 at 4:29 pm

Although it is more known nowadays, personally with the fact that the Dragon Ball series(since Akira Toriyama also does the art for DQ) is popular here is a surprise that DQ isn't alittle higher on the promotion chain. In Japan, DQ sells more than the FF series does.

If you knew some of the wasteful spending SEI did just for FF13 alone, it's no wonder Nintendo jumped in for DQ9.

Yeah, Toriyama has the golden touch in DQ characters... and is it just me, or does Bianca (from Hand of the Heavenly Bride) look like Bulma? FF13 looks pretty good, but I was pretty much living under a rock in terms of how much I heard it advertised, surprisingly.

Written By: Step-chan on 11/15/10 at 4:47 pm

She does kinda, Milly/Mireyu looks alittle like 18.

Some of what SE did in promoting FF13 was abit absurd, they rented a bus for touring in San Francisco I think. I think they also got an ad put into a Basketball game on one of the systems. I don't remember what else, but those two things really stand out. This doesn't include the commercials I know(but didn't see) aired.

DQ4 and DQ5 got so little advertising it's suprising they sold what they did(I think DQ4 over 100,000 and DQ5 over 70,000, don't remember exactly. DQ5 had a more limited print too).

DQ9 has better promotion due to Nintendo, although it isn't flawless. But they at least are over 250,000 in sales so far, although the U.S. promotion could use alittle more oomph(pun!), it's still way better than any of SE's efforts(or lack thereof).

Written By: DJ Blaze on 11/15/10 at 7:45 pm

She does kinda, Milly/Mireyu looks alittle like 18.

Some of what SE did in promoting FF13 was abit absurd, they rented a bus for touring in San Francisco I think. I think they also got an ad put into a Basketball game on one of the systems. I don't remember what else, but those two things really stand out. This doesn't include the commercials I know(but didn't see) aired.

DQ4 and DQ5 got so little advertising it's suprising they sold what they did(I think DQ4 over 100,000 and DQ5 over 70,000, don't remember exactly. DQ5 had a more limited print too).

DQ9 has better promotion due to Nintendo, although it isn't flawless. But they at least are over 250,000 in sales so far, although the U.S. promotion could use alittle more oomph(pun!), it's still way better than any of SE's efforts(or lack thereof).

Interesting... I liked the commercial for DQM Joker. I CAN DO IT I CAN CAST A SPELL!

Written By: Step-chan on 11/15/10 at 10:33 pm

Interesting... I liked the commercial for DQM Joker. I CAN DO IT I CAN CAST A SPELL!

Yeah, they also did that on the DQ4 DS ad I seen on the internet. YOU CAN CAST A SPELL!

It's become a meme, but you probably knew that.

I think the DQ games that SE did do heavier marketing for were DQ8(which I seen actual commercials for, plus the FF12 demo that I didn't play) and DQM Joker. After that, it went to almost none.

Written By: Step-chan on 12/02/10 at 2:00 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adEulYQEAJg&feature=related

Oh man...  :D

(Not DQ related)

Written By: DJ Blaze on 12/02/10 at 8:46 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adEulYQEAJg&feature=related

Oh man...  :D

(Not DQ related)

My goodness.... and the music sounds like an old Kamen Rider theme.

Written By: Step-chan on 12/02/10 at 10:12 pm

In certain ways, they got lucky.

I have the Lord Slug movie and while the english dubbing is good, they used music from bands like Disturbed. While I have nothing against Disturbed, hearing the song Stupified playing during the some of the fights kinda ruined it slightly.

Also, look up Harmony Gold and Dragon Ball on Youtube.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 12/03/10 at 9:39 pm

Also not DQ related, but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-j6wFbjMDA

I pulled up to a house about 7 or 8 and I yelled to the cabbie SPEED RAVE!!!

Written By: Step-chan on 12/03/10 at 11:15 pm

Wild. :D

Written By: DJ Blaze on 12/04/10 at 8:05 am

Wild. :D

Indeed. The guy who made that mix was poking fun at the fact that Fresh Prince goes with everything, and Red Zone is remixed with everything, so he created the ultimate combination.

Written By: Step-chan on 12/04/10 at 11:18 am

Indeed. The guy who made that mix was poking fun at the fact that Fresh Prince goes with everything, and Red Zone is remixed with everything, so he created the ultimate combination.

Someone combined it with Rick Roll before too.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 12/04/10 at 3:17 pm

Someone combined it with Rick Roll before too.

Fresh Prince Of Rick Roll? Heard of it but haven't checked it out yet. There was also a Rick Roll Red Zone, but it was just a normal Rick Roll, as expected. There's also a YuGiOh Abridged Fresh Pharaoh of Card Games, I'll post it later.

Written By: Step-chan on 12/04/10 at 10:08 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0md6Flcrd0s

Here's the Fresh Prince roll.

Written By: Step-chan on 12/20/10 at 1:26 pm

Dragon Quest 6 Realms of Revelation(was Reverie) has it's release date for the U.S.!

2/14/11

:) ;D 8)

Nintendo is also helping in publishing it!

Written By: Step-chan on 02/10/11 at 10:18 pm

4 days to go!

Written By: DJ Blaze on 02/11/11 at 8:01 pm

OMG YOU CHANGED YOUR AVATAR!!!

Written By: Step-chan on 02/11/11 at 8:45 pm

Yep, I had been meaning to for at least a couple of weeks now. I saved this one from my account on Woodus.

At first I used a Luffy avatar(which is one of the default ones on this site) and then someone found a Puchiko one for me.

The Puchiko one I had been using for a decent amount of years.

I thought that with the release of Dragon Quest 6(like Dragon Quest 5, had never been released prior to now) I should change it to reflect that. The avatar is actually from a Dragon Quest 9 screencap.

Written By: Step-chan on 02/14/11 at 10:23 pm

Release is tommorrow!!! :)

Written By: Step-chan on 02/15/11 at 11:51 pm

On the last exciting episode of Dragon Quest 6...

Stepchan and Carver finally got the dream dew and became visible to everyone, now Milly joins them to hunt for the Ra Mirror!

Written By: Step-chan on 03/01/11 at 1:02 am

Well... Murdraw was difficult to fight. *Whew*

Written By: Step-chan on 03/16/11 at 11:56 am

Back on DQ6 now(I'll be bouncing back and forth on both Pokemon and DQ playing wise).

Fought Jamiras in the Isle of Smiles.

Written By: Step-chan on 03/19/11 at 8:41 pm

Man, the Hallowed Hollow was pretty rough. As if having to go and get the prince everytime he runs off wasn't bad enough... Some of the random encounters in there are harder than the 3 bosses you fight.

Written By: Step-chan on 03/23/11 at 7:47 pm

At Clearvale now, also started noticing the transition between the localization(two different teams worked on the game).

Written By: Step-chan on 03/24/11 at 2:24 pm

I've got the flying bed now and took care of some optional things on the side.

Written By: Step-chan on 05/20/11 at 11:32 am

Alot has went down in the game, near the end now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvCIU_P4DW0&feature=related

I remember seeing this before and trying to find it again, fortunately someone on Woodus found it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-wa8QK458I

Just watched this one too.

Written By: Step-chan on 05/20/11 at 11:55 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEcZS8LP76w&feature=channel_video_title

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nwmgFAgNQs&feature=channel_video_title

Posting a couple more, does anyone know what the top one is?

Written By: Step-chan on 05/24/11 at 8:09 pm

Mortamor's lair is now accessible, I'll be leveling(as well as building job levels) until my lowest level is 42 before going on.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/04/11 at 12:17 pm

Amos is at 40, two levels to go.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/09/11 at 5:08 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ere9HWAIlo

A Youtube'r beating Zoma without the Sphere of Light.(Something I didn't know about)

Written By: DJ Blaze on 06/10/11 at 9:09 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEcZS8LP76w&feature=channel_video_title

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nwmgFAgNQs&feature=channel_video_title

Posting a couple more, does anyone know what the top one is?

Sadly I don't recognize the 1st one, but I know the second one is smooooch by kors k (from Beatmania IIDX 16th Style: EMPRESS and DDR X2).

Written By: Step-chan on 06/11/11 at 4:33 pm

The first looks like an anime intro, I have no real way of checking(my comp lacks Japanese language recognition).

Written By: Step-chan on 06/18/11 at 12:19 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WauZBMwxUxY

Written By: Step-chan on 07/01/11 at 8:30 pm

I'm going to be entering a couple of my older parodies in a Woodus contest.

I already decided on one, but just haven't decided on the second(you're allowed two entires).

Written By: Step-chan on 07/13/11 at 11:08 am

I've beaten DQ6's main story finally.

Now for the post game.

Written By: Step-chan on 07/28/11 at 8:20 pm

Well, I've gotten everyone maxed in all the classes I want them in. Now I'll be leveling until 60+ before trying my luck on Nokturnus.

Written By: Step-chan on 07/30/11 at 8:10 pm

I've beaten Nokturnus and got the bonus ending:

Ingame time: 73:50

Written By: Step-chan on 08/12/11 at 11:54 am

On my next Dragon Quest 9 playthrough, my party:

Marisa(from Touhou)- The leader, although she won't have the exact class matches(except for Armamentalist).
Woolen(From Bust a Move 4)- Main fighting and tanking character.
Stephen/Stepchan(whichever name I decide on)- Main healer early on and scout character.
Doropie(from Magical Doropie/Krion Conquest)- Main magic character.

Written By: Step-chan on 08/28/11 at 8:58 pm

On Dragon Quest 9, I've opened up the class change option.

Written By: Step-chan on 09/20/11 at 7:25 pm

Quite abit has been on my game, six of the fyggs are obtained.

Went on to the QVC today on Wifi(library) and bought some DQ3 based equipment. Also had a nice surprise when I found out that a bunch of characters from the other games showed up as guest, getting me some extra clothes.

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x361/MLP-Step/mm2.png

My reaction when that happened. ^

Written By: Step-chan on 10/16/11 at 8:52 pm

Man... I've cleared Upover and the Gortress.

Now I'm off to do alittle level grinding in different classes.

Written By: Step-chan on 11/16/11 at 7:45 pm

I've done abit of different quests and am going to play through the rest of the main story now.

Meet the team!

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x361/MLP-Step/Extra/Marisa-1.pnghttp://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x361/MLP-Step/Extra/Woolen.pnghttp://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x361/MLP-Step/Extra/Stephen.pnghttp://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x361/MLP-Step/Extra/Doropie.png

Left to Right: Marisa, Woolen, Stephen(my character) and Doropie.

Thanks to King Zenith on Woodus.

Written By: Step-chan on 11/17/11 at 7:52 pm

And with that, the main game is now beaten!

I did do one of the easy post game quests before saving.

Written By: Step-chan on 12/14/11 at 12:52 am

Man... Grottos be confusin'...

Written By: Step-chan on 12/14/11 at 9:08 pm

And now I have a level 53 grotto as my highest one.

Written By: Step-chan on 12/17/11 at 11:46 pm

Make that a level 62.

Written By: Step-chan on 01/19/12 at 12:43 pm

My highest level grotto is over 70.

I've been taking a break from DQ9 for at least a little over a month to play DQ5.

Written By: Step-chan on 01/22/12 at 1:02 am

Good to know on the inn guests from the other games.

You get a Piece for Each
-Talking to them once
-Talking to them on the date of your birthday set ingame
-Talking to them as their favorite vocation, knowlage on how they played in their games helps alot, but usually you can guess/trial and error
-Talking to them after beating Quest 157
-Talking to them with the maxed upgraded inn (i.e. have 30 people tagged)

Written By: Step-chan on 04/14/12 at 10:17 pm

I've been slowing down on the game as of lately, also bought a second copy for tagging guests(kind of irritating considering that I have to restart the second one each time to add new members).

Written By: Step-chan on 04/25/12 at 9:13 pm

I'm at 24 canvassed guests, with a file started for the 25th.

Written By: Step-chan on 04/27/12 at 9:56 pm

Inn at the full 30 now. Whew!

Written By: Step-chan on 05/10/12 at 9:49 pm

The DQVC's been pretty stingy with the downloads lately.

Written By: Step-chan on 09/07/12 at 12:37 am

This week:

I've gotten a grotto that's level 97!

Finally one in the top area.

Written By: Step-chan on 10/30/12 at 11:38 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOq76GwemW8&feature=plcp

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Step-chan on 06/19/13 at 4:33 pm

I didn't know that there were Gem Jamboree only floors in the grottoes, until yesterday.  :o

Check for new replies or respond here...