inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Random Console Game Discussion

Written By: DJ Blaze on 05/21/10 at 2:59 pm

As much as I'd love to start a thread for every game I've enjoyed, that would clutter up this board. So, this thread is for talking about games you really enjoyed, hated, or would like to try.

I am a huge fan of the Tekken series. I have 1, 2, 3, and Tag Tournament, but after that, they started to get a little old.

Subject: Re: Random Console Game Discussion

Written By: Step-chan on 05/21/10 at 6:34 pm

I'm more of a fan of Samurai Shodown in general.(I've been trying to find the anthology that came out about 2 months ago)

I have enjoyed a few other fighting game series(including Street Fighter).

The one series (RPG wise), that never really grabbed me was Final Fantasy. I've beaten 1 and 4(which is my favorite of this series) and played 5, 6 and alittle of X-2, and that's about it.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 05/21/10 at 8:00 pm

I'm more of a fan of Samurai Shodown in general.(I've been trying to find the anthology that came out about 2 months ago)

I have enjoyed a few other fighting game series(including Street Fighter).

The one series (RPG wise), that never really grabbed me was Final Fantasy. I've beaten 1 and 4(which is my favorite of this series) and played 5, 6 and alittle of X-2, and that's about it.

I like generally most fighters, primarily Tekken, Super Smash Bros, and Soul Calibur. I've played many Final Fantasies, I've beaten only 1. Which is 1.

Written By: Step-chan on 05/21/10 at 8:18 pm

I like generally most fighters, primarily Tekken, Super Smash Bros, and Soul Calibur. I've played many Final Fantasies, I've beaten only 1. Which is 1.

The versions of Final Fantasy 4 I've beaten are the Super NES version(which was labeled 2) and the PS1 port.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 05/21/10 at 9:17 pm

The versions of Final Fantasy 4 I've beaten are the Super NES version(which was labeled 2) and the PS1 port.

Most of my FFs are PS1/PS2, with some for DS.

Written By: Step-chan on 05/22/10 at 4:33 pm

I do own Final Fantasy 3 DS, which I bought not too long ago. Other than playing alittle of a existing file to make sure it was in good shape, I haven't played it. It was the current remake that I was more interested in.

I didn't buy the DS remake of 4. I did, however, watch a Let's Play of it(done by Valis77 on Youtube, who also did one of Vay that I really like). I saw that they amped up the difficulty abit, some of the bosses require a different strategy to win.

The core in the giant is one example. Originally, you had to destroy the defense orb, which healed the main core a decent amount every turn it took. In the original game, the attack orb wasn't a big threat, the lasers did less than 1000 damage on average.

That changed in the remake, they weakened the defense orb(it heals around 800+ I think) and strengthened the attack orb(I think it can 1-2 shot members of your party).

Written By: DJ Blaze on 05/22/10 at 4:47 pm

I do own Final Fantasy 3 DS, which I bought not too long ago. Other than playing alittle of a existing file to make sure it was in good shape, I haven't played it. It was the current remake that I was more interested in.

I didn't buy the DS remake of 4. I did, however, watch a Let's Play of it(done by Valis77 on Youtube, who also did one of Vay that I really like). I saw that they amped up the difficulty abit, some of the bosses require a different strategy to win.

The core in the giant is one example. Originally, you had to destroy the defense orb, which healed the main core a decent amount every turn it took. In the original game, the attack orb wasn't a big threat, the lasers did less than 1000 damage on average.

That changed in the remake, they weakened the defense orb(it heals around 800+ I think) and strengthened the attack orb(I think it can 1-2 shot members of your party).

Yeah, I often don't play new games if I'm playing something through to the end at the moment. And yeah, they also change many things in remakes.

Written By: Step-chan on 05/22/10 at 5:55 pm

I saw this in the remake of Dragon Quest 4 with bosses in the final chapter. Originally you only controlled the Hero and had the other characters on forced AI no matter what. After playing the DS version, I was right about my ability to do a better job than the AI. Most of the bosses were less stressful to deal with.

Written By: whistledog on 06/18/10 at 10:22 am

I love the Need For Speed series.  Finished 'Undercover' and now working on 'Carbon'

Even though I finished it, I didn't unlock all the trophies (stopped at like 59%), which some people say you have to, to be able to say you beat the whole game, but I do not care about that at all.  Some of them require you to win online races, which sounds cool, but when you realize you're up against diaper babies talking smack, it gets stupid.

Speaking of racing games in general, I was playing online races on 'Blur', you can hear the other players talking through their mics about how they are awesome and no one can beat them.  Yeah, I won 5 races in a row, nearly lapping them each time, and I'd only had the game like 2 days.  I may give up on Blur as I just cannot seem to win or even place 3rd on the first race of the 3rd boss.

Written By: Step-chan on 07/14/10 at 11:35 pm

I found out how to unlock a secret character in Puchi Carat and it works in the Taito Legends 2 collection! ;D

Written By: Step-chan on 07/22/10 at 11:12 pm

My work place got some DS, PS3, WII and Xbox 360 games in.

A copy of Disgaea DS was there, so I got it.

Check for new replies or respond here...