inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: oos arcade problems

Written By: wildcard on 06/26/10 at 11:38 am

I cant submit a score of any kind to Falafel King

Subject: Re: oos arcade problems

Written By: gibbo on 06/27/10 at 3:08 am

I cant submit a score of any kind to Falafel King

That's because you are female....and can't be King!!!  :P  ;)

Written By: wildcard on 06/27/10 at 5:22 pm

Does that mean they wont hire me at Burger King?

Written By: wildcard on 07/16/10 at 12:45 am

Force Within  is a black screen for me

Written By: wildcard on 09/24/10 at 10:23 pm

pacman gel game is still not found needs to go in the dumpster.  By the way,  We getting new games? new gameroom? restarting with the scores?  I think resetting the scores would be cool.

Written By: wildcard on 09/30/10 at 12:01 pm

You know I can't fix all the weird gaps in the scores of all these games myself.  Ah who cares, I'm probably talking to nobody again.

Written By: nally on 09/30/10 at 12:02 pm

You know I can't fix all the weird gaps in the scores of all these games myself.  Ah who cares, I'm probably talking to nobody again.

There has been discussion of possibly upgrading the Arcade, and fixing the score bugs after that, which is why I haven't played much in there... but I don't know when/if that's gonna take place.

Written By: wildcard on 09/30/10 at 1:27 pm

that's whats killing me.  I'd love to see something happen and Something as simple as deleteing the scores would fix all the weird gaps and extra scores.  Maybe there will be some new games or something later, but what about the for now?  If we reset the scores, I'd be playing all the games.  If I didn't have the will to clean up the game room, I wouldn't be playing it at all.

Written By: wildcard on 11/14/10 at 12:44 am

Quickbrick Tournament  just a colored screen, but there seems to be no game.  I can get to the scores

Written By: wildcard on 11/23/10 at 9:37 pm

a couple days ago, I played Mahjongg3DwinTilesTh and submitted my first score.  Today I got a higher score, but it said I have the max amount of scores. 

Written By: wildcard on 11/23/10 at 10:18 pm

both times I played Wheel Of Michael, the wheel  only turns for two monsters/person.  I think it use to turn for all them. 

Written By: nally on 11/24/10 at 12:32 pm

a couple days ago, I played Mahjongg3DwinTilesTh and submitted my first score.  Today I got a higher score, but it said I have the max amount of scores.   

Well, for one thing, you're only allowed one score per game... but if your new score is higher than your previous one, the new score should replace the old. Seems like that's not happening with that particular game; I don't get it.

Written By: wildcard on 11/24/10 at 5:39 pm

I don't know, wouldn't let me submit a lower score either.  I wonder if it would help if some duplicate scores were removed and perhaps maybe delete my score so I can re enter.

Written By: wildcard on 12/06/10 at 8:44 pm

warthog launch    I have a 12 in 8th place above a 24 in 9th place.  I just got a 15 to try and replace it and it said I had max scores. the game isn't backwards scoring. It just seems we have a messed up recording.  Since it's mine if someone wants to delete it and I can re submit

Written By: wildcard on 01/09/11 at 11:29 pm

space ace um I get to 7,000 points and it says wave cleared ( when it's not)  does it two more times and then says wicked you saved the world  and all that.  Cant really play the game much any more.

Written By: wildcard on 03/06/11 at 4:14 pm

collapse I have 2310 and I get 2470.  It says I have the max amount of scores. 

Written By: nally on 03/06/11 at 8:39 pm

collapse I have 2310 and I get 2470.  It says I have the max amount of scores.   

It should have deleted the instance of 2310 and replaced it with 2470.. something like that

I know that in the past there have been problems with scores being displayed out of order, maybe due to gaps in the tables caused by other folks clearing out their multitude of previously saved scores.

Written By: wildcard on 03/06/11 at 10:21 pm

there's still a lot of that that needs to be done.  not so much gaps in games, but extra scores that meed to be  deleted.  You've asked me to tell you so I have.  I don't know if anyone else even cares, I'll just continue to fix gaps where I can and improve my own scores.  just report what is not working right and games that seem no longer playable.

Written By: nally on 03/07/11 at 1:48 am

I haven't been to the arcade much lately myself...and I'd venture to guess that there's plenty of high score tables that have gaps in 'em. Lots of work to be done. :-\\

Written By: wildcard on 03/07/11 at 11:41 am

not so much gaps as clearings. I've been fixing gaps.  Some gaps like the one in starball can be deleted as soon as someone in first place deletes their extra scores.  I was wondering if I were to sign up as Guest if I could delete the extra guest scores.  I remember Tam saying something about having to delete them all one at a time.  This was before the one score only set up.

Written By: nally on 03/07/11 at 12:43 pm

I was wondering if I were to sign up as Guest if I could delete the extra guest scores.  I remember Tam saying something about having to delete them all one at a time.  This was before the one score only set up.

I don't think that'll work. Any scores that say "Guest" are from deleted accounts.

Written By: wildcard on 03/07/11 at 6:42 pm

I know they're deleted accounts.  I just wanted to mention the idea If it did work.

Written By: wildcard on 03/08/11 at 12:00 am

nally you could clear Alphabet Soup. 

Written By: nally on 03/08/11 at 6:32 pm

nally you could clear Alphabet Soup. 

consider it done 8)

Written By: wildcard on 03/08/11 at 10:27 pm

will do

color boxes has some extras of yours as well

Written By: nally on 03/09/11 at 11:24 am

will do

color boxes has some extras of yours as well

yet another game I haven't played in ages... any others?

Written By: wildcard on 03/09/11 at 1:34 pm

maybe.  I still have to look for gap scores I might be able to fix d-z. 

Written By: wildcard on 03/10/11 at 1:08 am

gave up looking for gaps, I'm looking for duplicate nally's

fireworks, Flash Mine Sweeper, Flash Tiles, Flashball, Flower Frenzy, Flower Girl, Flower Thrower

Written By: nally on 03/10/11 at 11:42 am

gave up looking for gaps, I'm looking for duplicate nally's

fireworks, Flash Mine Sweeper, Flash Tiles, Flashball, Flower Frenzy, Flower Girl, Flower Thrower

thanks again... if you want, you can write down some of them and then pm me with the list, and I'll go through them at my convenience.

Written By: wildcard on 03/10/11 at 1:25 pm

I can pm you nent time if you want.

Written By: nally on 03/10/11 at 1:34 pm

that'll be nice, so that we don't take up too much space in one thread. :)

Btw, I took care of some of the games you already mentioned.

Written By: wildcard on 03/10/11 at 2:07 pm

okay cool, but there's no rush, I'm just happy to tell you where they are because you asked.

Written By: nally on 03/14/11 at 11:09 am

^ thanks again for the pm. :)

I just cleared my scores on Fruitfabriek (http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=highscore;game=591), and the remaining scores on the list are now out of order.
Edit: the scores for Starball (http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=highscore;game=220) are also out of order.

Written By: wildcard on 03/14/11 at 1:06 pm

looks like I might be able to bring back some missing numbers.  See what happins when I try to correct things by getting 4th place, I'll have to take 1st. 

Written By: whistledog on 03/14/11 at 6:17 pm

I notice something about the arcade.

I am still champion of 'Sk8 PRison', 'Shooting Gallery', 'Ponx', 'Dolphin Dash', 'Chopper YL', 'Catapult' and 'Zizzo Challenge' and I knew I still would be :D

I also hold the Aussie Xmas title, but I don't like to count that one as I cheated to get that score LOL

Written By: wildcard on 03/14/11 at 8:59 pm

^ you have a lot of scores you could be clearing for us. 

Written By: nally on 03/14/11 at 10:43 pm

the scores for Starball (http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=highscore;game=220) are also out of order.

I just tried to submit a higher score than the one I had on this game, and it gave me a "database error":

Database Error
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

Written By: whistledog on 03/14/11 at 11:19 pm

^ you have a lot of scores you could be clearing for us. 

The arcade loads too slow for my computer to handle that :(

Written By: wildcard on 03/14/11 at 11:46 pm

starball worked fine for me nally.  I think some of the games around here are once in a while on and off not recording for some reason.

Written By: nally on 03/14/11 at 11:49 pm

The game works fine; I never said it didn't.

However, I look at the high score table again and my score is nowhere to be found. :-\\ However, in the left margin it still says my personal best is 11870. So I guess I won't have a score listed until I exceed 11870 (but if I do get a higher score and it doesn't register, then something will be seriously wrong with this picture).

Written By: wildcard on 03/15/11 at 10:47 am

a personal best score, but not a score on the list?  something has done that to me once.  I don't remember if I beat whatever or if I even still have that problem with something.

Written By: wildcard on 03/15/11 at 11:12 am

I looked over there and it looks much worse then it did before on the scoring for Starball then when I was fixing it.  It was only 1 2 4 with whistledog with a messed up letter. Now there's more gaps We need whistledog  to get on another computer so he can clear all his extra numbers.

Written By: nally on 03/16/11 at 10:34 pm

Update on Starball (a game very much like Arkanoid)...

Yesterday I got a score of 5830 and it was accepted. However, on the score table it appears between two scores in the 20,000 range; and my "Personal Best" score is still listed as 11870. I still wonder what will happen if I exceed 11870; I tried several times but could not keep the ball in play.

Written By: nally on 03/16/11 at 11:05 pm

"Endless Quickbrick" (http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=play;game=834) doesn't seem to wanna load. Or is that just my browser?

Edit: the same can be said about the other "Quickbrick" games. :-\\

Written By: whistledog on 03/17/11 at 12:03 am

I should give Star Ball MP a try and see if it glitches for me.  I should try to topple that score.

Written By: wildcard on 03/17/11 at 12:19 am

^^ Quickbricks endless, puzzle and tournament are all blank

someone see if they can play red 5 or if it's just a flash thing now.

Written By: whistledog on 03/17/11 at 12:23 am

I should give Star Ball MP a try and see if it glitches for me.  I should try to topple that score.

ARGH.  I got 102450.  Not enough to beat my own score

Written By: nally on 03/17/11 at 12:26 am

ARGH.  I got 102450.  Not enough to beat my own score

but it did clear your other scores... and I guess the table is still all mixed up

Written By: wildcard on 03/17/11 at 1:22 am

well there were more then one gap in the game.  The game seems to be cleaning up fine.  I don't know why the scores sometimes only record in the personal best and or whatever, but they do and it seems as they are fixed, they don't have these problems. 

Written By: gibbo on 03/17/11 at 2:29 am

^^ Quickbricks endless, puzzle and tournament are all blank

someone see if they can play red 5 or if it's just a flash thing now.

I haven't been able to play Red 5 for over a year now. It seems to not work on my system anymore... :-\\

Written By: wildcard on 03/17/11 at 12:06 pm

sounds like something that needs to go bye bye.  lets see here

Pac Man Gel game not found to record scores      and Pac man can be played if anyone wanted to play Pac Man here anyway

Quickbrick endless
Quickbrick puzzle
Quickbrick tournament are all blank

Red 5 cant be played

Written By: wildcard on 05/10/11 at 12:13 am

Christmas JS I have 1974 and I just got something higher and it wouldn't save

1 gibbo December 13, 2010, 11:32:19 PM 4068
2    *    whistledog August 13, 2008, 08:56:13 PM 3823
9-3  * Red Ant February 16, 2007, 07:22:42 PM 3626
13-4 * dcs84 July 22, 2007, 05:34:43 AM 3537
14-5 loki 13 December 22, 2007, 12:53:42 PM 3525
17-6 ninny November 11, 2009, 06:10:55 AM 3218
21-7 * Suicidal Blonde May 08, 2007, 02:40:00 PM 3305
27-8 * Henk September 29, 2007, 05:01:20 AM 3083
29-9 * Barefoot_Blues May 11, 2007, 10:38:01 AM 3023

* - submit a score to clear your scores

Check for new replies or respond here...