inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Why aren't there any MMORPG's for PS3 and/or XBox360?

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 09/12/10 at 5:56 pm

I played World of Warcraft for about a year and I have to wonder, why didn't Blizzard make a version for PS3 or XBox 360? Why aren't any of the popular MMORPG's (Everquest, Star Trek Online, etc.) available on these systems?

WoW would've been so much more awesome on PS3, and I never really have liked playing games on my computer as much as on my TV. 

Subject: Re: Why aren't there any MMORPG's for PS3 and/or XBox360?

Written By: DJ Blaze on 09/12/10 at 6:13 pm

I played World of Warcraft for about a year and I have to wonder, why didn't Blizzard make a version for PS3 or XBox 360? Why aren't any of the popular MMORPG's (Everquest, Star Trek Online, etc.) available on these systems?

WoW would've been so much more awesome on PS3, and I never really have liked playing games on my computer as much as on my TV. 

Well... the closest thing that popped into my head is Sacred 2, which is a 4-player co-op RPG. I think it's for both PS3 and 360. My bro has it, but I haven't tried it yet. Maybe the fact that SPOILER ALERT IF YOU'RE GOING TO PLAY IT!!!!!!!!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Power metal band Blind Guardian cameo in a sidequest would be enough to make me play it. I love Blind Guardian.

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/14/10 at 10:52 pm

"I played (any recent game, but Oblivion and Fallout 3 are notable offenders) for 15 minutes and I have to wonder, why can't game authors make a version for PCs whose controls take advantage of a full-sized keyboard, rather than the layouts that are compatible with consoles?"

There are no MMORPGs for consoles because MMORPGs demand lots of hotkeys, and those sorts of demands can't be met with console controllers.  The real question is: Why do console manufacturers refuse to permit full-size keyboards to easily work with their devices?

And now, the PC vs Console debate.

Written By: whistledog on 09/18/10 at 5:52 pm

^ The reason I never have and never will play games like WoW.  They could easily make games like these console compatible, but with the PC, it's more cost effective for them.

The expensive cost to buy the game itself, then the WoW cards you have to buy to keep playing.  Being on the right server, I see people selling their WoW profiles on Ebay.

What ever happened to simple RPG's lol

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/19/10 at 9:55 pm

What ever happened to simple RPG's lol

JRPG or CRPG?  (Japanese or Western?  What?  I don't kno-aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaauugh!)

Both genres are alive and well.  Final Fantasy (pick-a-number) defines the JRPG genre, and Bethesda Softworks (Morrowind, Oblivion, and having bought out Black Isle, they now own the Fallout series) defines the CRPG genre.

Check for new replies or respond here...