inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: DJ's DanceDanceRevolution (PS3 version) Playthrough

Written By: DJ Blaze on 12/25/10 at 5:01 pm

Well, I just got the game today, so...

I've gotten around 25% of the game's trophies, which has boosted my progress to level 7 by 14%. However, I can't seem to figure out how to unlock any songs....

Club Mode is excruciatingly painful (nonstop songs with step modifiers thrown in), but none of the songs are that hard just yet, not a single 9-footer or higher.

Subject: Re: DJ's DanceDanceRevolution (PS3 version) Playthrough

Written By: DJ Blaze on 12/25/10 at 9:11 pm

First song unlocked: Win The Game by DKC Crew

Reached 32% of the trophies. Will tackle more of Club Mode and the "A Collector" and possibly "AA Collector" trophies tomorrow.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 12/26/10 at 9:08 pm

Found out that Workout Mode is integrated into the other game modes. A long overdue addition. A few more trophies today, better than nothing.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 12/27/10 at 10:35 am

Unlocked 2 songs and 3 trophies. Will be playing the game again this afternoon.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 12/27/10 at 3:44 pm

Got another trophy and unlocked several new songs. Finally, the 9-footers are making themselves apparent!

Written By: Step-chan on 12/27/10 at 6:29 pm

What are 9 footers?

Written By: DJ Blaze on 12/27/10 at 9:28 pm

Songs rated 9 out of 10 on the difficulty scale. Footer is used as a term for difficulty since the original icons for difficulty were feet.

Written By: Step-chan on 12/27/10 at 9:59 pm

Cool, first I've ever heard of using feet as a difficulty symbol.

What are some of the songs on it?

Written By: DJ Blaze on 12/28/10 at 9:25 am

http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/v5.2/ddrgamedb.php

This page has a list of every song from every DDR game. Go to Game Select and find the one for Playstation 3.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 12/28/10 at 11:21 am

Unlocked several songs and 2 new trophies. The old-school songs like Flowers and Sweet Sweet <3 Magic are making themselves apparent now!

Written By: Step-chan on 12/28/10 at 12:43 pm

They have Gorillaz and Lady Gaga on there... I know I've heard Bad Romance at least once. Not sure if I've heard Plastic Beach.

I've also seen people wanting Butterfly on past installments, but it always seems to be skipped when localized.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 12/28/10 at 3:18 pm

They have Gorillaz and Lady Gaga on there... I know I've heard Bad Romance at least once. Not sure if I've heard Plastic Beach.

I've also seen people wanting Butterfly on past installments, but it always seems to be skipped when localized.

Butterfly was in DDR X for PS2, as well as a remix in Extreme 2. (Which is funny, because Extreme 2 was before X, so the remix was released in America before the original.) Hopefully we'll get other older songs like Captain Jack as DLC for the PS3 game.

Written By: Step-chan on 12/28/10 at 4:19 pm

Butterfly was in DDR X for PS2, as well as a remix in Extreme 2. (Which is funny, because Extreme 2 was before X, so the remix was released in America before the original.) Hopefully we'll get other older songs like Captain Jack as DLC for the PS3 game.

So it did come out here then, I remember reading one of EGMs and a review mentioned the lack of the song in it.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 12/28/10 at 9:28 pm

So it did come out here then, I remember reading one of EGMs and a review mentioned the lack of the song in it.

Ah, it was probably an older review, possibly Extreme or older.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 12/29/10 at 10:46 am

I've been down with the sickness lately (U-WA-A-A-A!), so I've been forced to play Difficult instead of Expert. But I did the trophies for the Full Combos on lower difficulties and I am heading towards Millionaire 50 and AA Collector.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 12/29/10 at 3:58 pm

Recovered enough to play Expert. Finally got the High Scorer trophy and I am very close to Millionaire 50 and AA Collector.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 12/31/10 at 1:14 pm

Got Millionaire 50, AA Collector, First Export, and Trigger 5 trophies, plus the one for surviving 20 songs in Club Mode. Over halfway to unlocking all the songs.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/01/11 at 10:58 am

All songs unlocked! 68% of the trophies are nailed. Just gotta take care of a few more easy trophies (like 15 rounds in Dance-Off), then I'm gonna work on getting those 100 full combos.

I tried one of the new boss 10-footers, "Crazy Love", and AA'd it on my first try. Barely AA'd it.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/01/11 at 9:29 pm

Challenge difficulty unlocked for all songs. Now I'm just grinding towards Millionaire 100, AAA Collector, Burning 5000, and Star Collector. Then I'll have all but 2 of the trophies that don't require PlayStation Move.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/02/11 at 1:36 pm

Millionaire 100 and AA Collector are mine. I'm at around 4100 calories burned (5000 needed), and I need 54 more stars (full combos).

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/02/11 at 7:58 pm

51 more stars to go.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/03/11 at 7:10 pm

49 more stars to go. Also, I have gotten the Burning 5000 trophy. 3 trophies left then I'll have to get PlayStation Move for further progress.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/17/11 at 9:33 pm

More progress made on Star Collector. I am patiently waiting for the new downloadable songs to come out this Wednesday.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/18/11 at 3:56 pm

I need 33 more full combos for the trophy. DLC comes out tonight at 8:00!!!

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/18/11 at 7:48 pm

Did some major work on full combos, 16 left till I get that gold trophy.

DLC is out today! DDR, DDR Konamix, DDRMAX2, DDR SuperNOVA, DDR SuperNOVA2 packs released with 5 songs each (10 for SuperNOVA), and a free pack containing extended versions of 3 of the PS3 version's songs. This Friday I will get a PlayStation Network card and buy SuperNOVA Pack 1.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/21/11 at 3:31 pm

Got the SuperNOVA DLC Pack 1. And.... they've made a few changes to the songs. My Only Shining Star and True Love now have Octo-Move (diagonal arrows plus regular ones) challenge charts. Red Zone and Gamelan De Couple are now 9-footers on Expert instead of 8-footers (but they didn't change the stepcharts). My Only Shining Star was the same, except it went from a 6-footer to a 7-footer. Mugen is now the full version from Pop'n Music instead of the cut version from DDR SuperNOVA.

Well, in my honest opinion, Red Zone and Gamelan should've stayed 8-footers, but Shining Star deserved to be a 7. True Love's Octo-Move chart is exhausting (even more so than Afronova on Expert, and that's REALLY saying something). Mugen's extra few seconds are a welcome addition, but in the end, the main reason I bought the pack was Red Zone.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/25/11 at 2:08 pm

Got Star Collector (100 full combos) a week or two ago. New DLC comes out tonight at 8:00.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 06/16/11 at 3:55 pm

And they never gave us that DLC that night or any other DLC for that matter.

Check for new replies or respond here...