inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Nintendo 3DS

Written By: nupur on 03/28/11 at 2:07 pm

Anybody get one yet? I pre-ordered mine a couple days ago and it shipped, but I sent it to my home address instead of my dorm. This means that I won't actually get to open the box until early May, when I go back home  :\'(. I also got Super Street Fighter IV, but can't decide on what other game to get. I'm thinking either Steel Diver, LEGO Star Wars, or the Sims 3. Unfortunately, as cool as Steel Diver looks, it got terrible reviews. Also, I tend to get bored with the Sims, but that's the PC game. Maybe the 3DS game will be different.

One thing I'm not digging about the 3DS is that it purportedly only gives 3-5 hours battery life; a couple more hours if the 3D feature is switched off, but what's the fun in that unless you're playing a 2D, DS game?

I never had the regular DS, so I'm planning on getting a couple DS games as well. They are a bit cheaper than the 3DS games and there aren't many 3DS out right now that I'm into (and there won't be until a while longer).

Subject: Re: Nintendo 3DS

Written By: Step-chan on 03/28/11 at 3:20 pm

Can't afford one myself, so not yet at least.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 03/29/11 at 4:02 pm

I'm not all that interested at the moment, but if the next Pokemon games are 3DS-exclusive, I need to find some money one buy one QUICK.

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/29/11 at 9:15 pm

Both of my kids want one but it's too expensive to get two AND there aren't many games to choose from, at least the kind of games my kids would like.  I guess I'll wait and see if they come down in price...maybe for Christmas. 

Written By: nupur on 03/30/11 at 1:59 pm

Yeah, I admit I've made a pretty expensive investment here. I really hope that it's everything I expect! Though, I've read that a lot of people get headaches and experience eye-strain from the 3D -- I hope I can handle it. And $40 for a game is kind of crazy, but I guess that's what we get for the "cutting edge" 3D aspect of it, since nothing like it really exists. I'm probably going to wait to get more games until ones I actually am excited for are released. For now, I'm probably just gonna get Pokemon White (or Black, I haven't made a final decision on that) for DS.

Written By: whistledog on 03/30/11 at 7:15 pm

3DS looks cool, but until they have a wider selection of games, it's pretty much just a more advanced regular Nintendo DSi.  the games that are out there now looks like they are just trying too hard to make something into 3D that doesn't need to be in 3D.

Written By: whistledog on 08/09/11 at 12:07 pm

On August 12, the price of the 3DS will drop to $169.99.  People who already own one are eligible to download I believe 20 games for free from the Nintendo eShop. 

Written By: lorac61469 on 08/09/11 at 1:03 pm

On August 12, the price of the 3DS will drop to $169.99.  People who already own one are eligible to download I believe 20 games for free from the Nintendo eShop. 

"Santa" will probably be able to make my kids very happy this Christmas.  ;D

Written By: LolitaZombie on 07/20/12 at 11:26 am

I LOVE my Ninetendo3DS! I am a sci-fi horror fan also, so if you are and like games like the classic fatal Frame go out and pick up Spirit Camera: The cursed memoir. It is a Fatal Fram spin off for N3DS and so worth it!

Written By: Step-chan on 06/30/13 at 8:53 pm

I have one now, XL model. Been playing the Animal Crossing game on it.

Check for new replies or respond here...